is a steam version of the game a possibility

NCWest isn't going to want to give Valve its required cut just to have the game run through Steam.  So the likelihood of this happening is statistically indistinguishable from zero.  What would be the point anyway?  It's a free download, and the game would still have to connect to NC's private servers.  Launching through Steam does nothing but add the bloated Steam overhead/wrapper to the game -- another performance hit is honestly the last thing we need -- and let all your Steam friends know that you're playing Blade & Soul.  The minuscule value added doesn't come close to offsetting the many negatives.

I have a question, and I am being completely honest, I just want to know why, WHY, whenever a game comes out, someone ask for Steam.....what does Steam add to the experience? Why is it so important to be on Steam? I honestly don't know because I don't use Steam, have yet to find a reason to use Steam, and I want to know.

i really hope i can play this game with less spike and lagg compare what we have now, not drop fps when meet a big group of player or doing world boss, not been crash when have more than 50 people in same area, no connection problem just simply a good game, i know u all can do way better than what we already have here 

some people can buy things more easily in games through steam wallet. I've seen many people say they would buy costumes if this game was on Steam, so it could mean more revinue for the company. People like Steam because it keeps all their games in 1 place and easy launching

A 'Steam' version would not bring anything more, except using steam wallet if they make it available. 
What I'm wondering is, why people wants so much a Steam version and will redownload everything when it's the same, the game will connect to the very same servers. If you want to show your steam friends that you play BnS then you can just add a 'non-steam game', it's not really hard. 

Having this game on Steam and be able to use the Wallet, would allow me to use spend enough money that could afford +2 AAA games, like a good "whale". But NCsoft don't seem interested in my region, since Lineage 2 and Aion can't even be installed through it.

On 3/25/2016 at 6:26 AM, Els said:

A 'Steam' version would not bring anything more, except using steam wallet if they make it available. 
What I'm wondering is, why people wants so much a Steam version and will redownload everything when it's the same, the game will connect to the very same servers. If you want to show your steam friends that you play BnS then you can just add a 'non-steam game', it's not really hard. 

cus like people said before, its just simply more convenient to everyone. Mostly in terms of funding.

Adding this game on steam would, except letting you use the steam wallet, create a possibility to run updates/downloads through steam servers.

Meaning resumable high-speed downloads. If anything, I'd like that to happen. (Aside from additional publicity or wallet or overlay)

Though I'm 99% sure NCSoft would just put their own downloader/patcher instead of using Steam's system so people would download patcher and still update using that. In which case, whatever.

As a player who played Elder Scrolls Online via Steam I can tell you I don't think you want this game to Run on Steam. The amount of Steam client issues coupled with Steams horrible customer support has turned me off of using Steam. The only benefit to using Steam, in my experience, is having your game Library readily available at any moment. MMOs tend to have their own launchers and should stay that way.

The Steam client + Steam Support = A Bad Time!

The main reason I have seen people usually want a game on steam, is so their friends can see when they go in-game. It also allows for streaming to your friends via the steam overlay. However, if that's the case, then just add the game as a non-steam game. The process isn't that difficult and there are plenty of guides online to do it. You need to make sure you run Steam as admin though, or you'll continue to get an error when attempting to launch the game.

But NCsoft adding BNS to Steam, it would be somewhat convenient, but for very few reasons. It's honestly better to either run the game normally, or add it as a non-steam game if you're interested in streaming to your Steam friends.

I find it funny how any time some new online game comes out, there's always people asking the publisher to put it on Steam. Although at the same time, people can't stop griping furiously when companies like Ubisoft are still using their services, for their games when put on Steam, complaining that they should pick to either use theirs, or Steam, but not both, when that's what's going on with online games on Steam.

Anyhow, like others have said, I find online games, and Steam do not mix well. It just tends to add more overhead, and more potential problems, which for a type of game that is already always being changed around, making it prone to have problems, just makes it harder to keep it working properly. Add to that Steam's absolutely garbage "support," and I can't even begin to think of that as a good idea. If you really want to buy NCoin with your Steam wallet, just download Aion, or Lineage II through Steam, link the NCSoft account you play B&S on to Steam with either of those games, then buy your NCoin that way. It wouldn't be until B&S is old news like those two games, and not generating the money they used to, before NCSoft would consider putting B&S on Steam.

On 3/25/2016 at 6:21 AM, wishery7 said:

i can tell you never did that because it doesnt work like that.

Actually. It does. I play with Steam on because of Steam game pad support. Now you don't even need Big Picture mode to play with your game pad.

Oh. if you intend on doing this, you need to open Steam as admin. Mind you, many other games fizzle with Steam as admin so make sure you use it only for BnS.

• 1 month later...

Its like if I tell you hey Ill give you 20% of my incomes just cuz a part of my market wants you in your platform. When right now They dont need it, They arent Wildstar, they are neither dying game nor indie game.

Archived