Premium users now ripped off 2 times for daily dash

Lissy

We buy premium for 3 spins on daily dash, yet 2 daily dash now do not reset once you hit the prize? Last time I was stuck after getting regium corvus for 11 days with no spins or prizes. Am I wrong to consider this a complete ripoff? -_-  Would I be a horrible person to send a ticket about my displeasure yet again about this?

By the way I don't consider getting to the prize a few days faster than free users as a good excuse for premium. We should default to the other style of daily dash at LEAST .... because we're supposed to be getting more spins and more items which we are paying for! I'm not paying for bragging rights of getting the outfit faster, I want my SPINS

I don't think you're wrong to express displeasure.

If you think about it, the Daily Dash has seen a lot of incarnations. I don't know what it was like in beta, but from the posts right after launch I got the impression that it was different in beta than after launch even with the outfit. People had the expectation that even with the corvus regis outfit, that it would not just stop dead like it did after launch I think.

Last "time" it worked where you didn't get everything on the board, just the things you landed on, useful or not -- again I saw various responses on the forums about it.

This time people seem happy to get everything they pass over, but I can't remember from the first Daily Dash after launch if it is fewer or the same in terms of fluff rewards before you get to the costume. The board "seems" sparse compared to last one though of course.

By now it seems that the Daily Dash is not going to be a fixed thing -- it's going to change. But I do agree, it would be very *nice* if it were a "daily" perk for logging in and part of our premium membership -- because our *premium* memberships have been never been strong in my opinion. We don't get a lot of benefits for our subscriptions, there have consistently been posts asking for stronger benefits, and as of patch yesterday there are now only 2 items in the store that are discounted. So that premium "benefit" was certainly nerfed.

Winning just one costume is understandable, and having costume event months on the Daily Dash is a "nice" thing -- but they could modify the wheel so that you could keep getting the fluff rewards even if you didn't get to work on getting additional costume rewards.

I felt the beta wheel was perfect. You went around and got your outfit or whatever it was at the end and you continued to go around for another go. I do not see a problem with someone even getting 2 outfits with this method. That way their alternate character could also have the outfit. I don't get NCSofts problem with having a wheel which constantly goes on with an outfit at the end of it. 

3 minutes ago, Kitah said:

I felt the beta wheel was perfect. You went around and got your outfit or whatever it was at the end and you continued to go around for another go. I do not see a problem with someone even getting 2 outfits with this method. That way their alternate character could also have the outfit. I don't get NCSofts problem with having a wheel which constantly goes on with an outfit at the end of it. 

Thanks for explaining how it worked in beta, I wasn't sure if I was remembering right what I'd read... I would like this too, for when we have costumes -- but I would be understanding if they / NCSoft didn't want to be this generous given what I've seen everywhere else, honestly. 

Bottom line, I do agree that having the daily dash end halfway through the month leaves a lot to be desired, and I'll say it again, *especially* when one of the premium benefits we're paying for is an extra spin on the wheel each day.

47 minutes ago, Kitah said:

That's called marketing, showing all the good stuff  but when the real product comes out it's a total different  story. 

Well, you probably know that non-premium players only have 2 spins per day, and the unlucky ones don't even manage to get the costume at the end of the month. Non-premium have to make an average of 5 steps every day in order to get to the last case of the board. Missing 1 day or 2 and it's lost. Premiums players are assured to get the outfit because they have this bonus spin. 

About the usefulness of the Premium, I see that about 75% of the players have subscribed one. If it was so useless, I don't think so many ppl would take it. 

3 hours ago, Lissy said:

We buy premium for 3 spins on daily dash

If your only purpose for subscribing premium is the extra items on the dash, well, stop subscribing then...

Personaly, I see this Daily Dash as a small bonus to get items (not all are useful) and sometimes a very nice outfit. I'm not playing BnS for the Dash. And imagine, it could have never been implemented at all ! If the Dash didn't even exists, I don't think there would be less Premium subscriptions...

18 minutes ago, Luucy said:

Personaly, I see this Daily Dash as a small bonus to get items (not all are useful) and sometimes a very nice outfit. I'm not playing BnS for the Dash. And imagine, it could have never been implemented at all ! If the Dash didn't even exists, I don't think there would be less Premium subscriptions...

I do not subscribe "just" for the extra Daily Dash spin -- but it is something that is certainly nice to have knowing that if I don't feel like playing or cannot for some reason on any given day of the month that I will likely be able to make up for it when striving for a big prize like a costume, and if there is a chance to get some prize of value every day like there was last month then there is added reason to log in every day and spin.

However, given how weak overall that I feel the premium membership is compared to other subscriptions I do feel that it is worth posting here to say yes, it'd be *nice* if we didn't have months where the Daily Dash was a 1/2 or 2/3 month sort of thing.

If you feel that you get full value out of the membership, fine, that's great for you. I don't. And I think that with yanking things like having the store discount have any real meaning at this point, and no idea if items will be rotated back into the store in the future where that perk will have value, then sure, it's worthwhile pointing out that this one is important too.

2 minutes ago, khynnea said:

If you feel that you get full value out of the membership, fine, that's great for you.

I don't have the premium myself :D

NCSoft don't deserve my money right now ! The game is a jewel, but their managment of it is just bullshit...

I'm just praying everyday to have nice spins so I can eventually finish that board and get the outfit !! :D

Just now, Luucy said:

NCSoft don't deserve my money right now ! The game is a jewel, but their managment of it is just bullshit...

couldn't agree more. 2+ months and they can't even fix the damn mail bug

3 minutes ago, Luucy said:

I'm just praying everyday to have nice spins so I can eventually finish that board and get the outfit !! :D

It is a beautiful game, and that's the only reason I'm playing it. To see through to the story. I supported it for several reasons, and I try to give ... level headed (hah) customer feedback as I can, since I am very passionate about user centered design -- but honestly I agree. They don't deserve the money, and the only way I can emphasize that is by voting with my wallet when the time comes (eg, my membership is "up") if they don't fix some of the things that are broken or if they don't improve some things that could stand improvement.

Honestly given the ... management "sense" they have demonstrated since launch I wouldn't expect them to just change something like the way this month's wheel works out of the "goodness of their hearts." It'd have to make business sense, which is why I try to put it as adding value to something that desperately needs value-add -- the premium membership is sad and pathetic as it is now.

btw -- Good luck on the costume ;) With all the 2s I'm rolling, if I didn't have premium I'd worry :/

This game has probably the worst benefits for premium users, a crappy wardrobe wich is not cross-server or cross-characters.At least they can make a wardrobe per account.

Even windstrides are not free and we also have CD, for *cricket* sake.

I have 2 characters on Windrest and 1 on Wildsprings, because when i start to play the servers were full, even with premium. I can't transfer my characters, i can't send emails between them, nothing. The list goes on, but for now... i don't have a good reason to spend 12 Eur/m for some bullshit benefits.

2 hours ago, memow0w said:

This game has probably the worst benefits for premium users, a crappy wardrobe wich is not cross-server or cross-characters.At least they can make a wardrobe per account.

Even windstrides are not free and we also have CD, for *cricket* sake.

I have 2 characters on Windrest and 1 on Wildsprings, because when i start to play the servers were full, even with premium. I can't transfer my characters, i can't send emails between them, nothing. The list goes on, but for now... i don't have a good reason to spend 12 Eur/m for some bullshit benefits.

They are thinking of adding in server transfers but it will not be across region (so no NA to EU servers and visa versa). But from a NA server to another NA server will be possible. (Same for EU to EU). 

As for mail, their mail system is broken but it makes sense not to send things between servers.

I agree with the Wardrobe thing. I believe the cash shop part of the wardrobe should be shared through accounts. I think they really need to review the Premium user benefits. I have bought a year, mainly because of the outfit. But not only that because I have already enjoyed hours of the game and believe NcSoft deserve to have some money for my enjoyment. The perks however I am hoping will be changed and editted and that they will HAVE A POLL for Premium paying members to have a choice of what they'd like to see out of a number of different things (and with removing current features or adding more to the list). I believe having more sprint time should be a premium rank 10 benefit, but that's just me. There is honestly no reason I should upgrade my rank 9 to 10 as 10 isn't even that much better than 9. 

8 hours ago, khynnea said:

btw -- Good luck on the costume ;) With all the 2s I'm rolling, if I didn't have premium I'd worry :/

For the rest of your post, I can see that we're not so different. I knew about this game a few weeks before it came up live on january, and I litteraly fell in love with it ! Character design is awesome, the landscapes (sorry idk if this is the good word :D) are beautiful, and the gameplay is a perfect balance between dynamism and maniability. I also like the story even if it's not perfect sometimes. 

I took one month of premium the very first week and was happily playing and enjoying the game with 5 friends of mine.

And then... We realized all the troubles the game had and it was a desillusion. I will resume this fast : bots everywhere, extreme fps drops on world events like wyrms/terrors and now GHS and PvP zone (i can't access these parts of the game), bad lags on arenavery bad communication from NCSoft, extreme marketing about almost everything, and terrible custom support which looks like bots answering you, and so on... I won't mention the terrible community on the game, because it's not on NCSoft side, fortunately, it's not everybody but still I won't display my faction chat anymore :o

So my friend left the game (they wen't on The Division which is quite different :D). I continue playing the game on my own, and I do think it's worth playing... for free. I never reconducted my premium, and they won't receive a single cent from me anymore. 

End of the rant, thanks for reading me :)

Archived