Give us unlimited stamina to run.

NueHoujuu

the areas are huge, and there will be new ones that are huge too. the max 20sec sprint and 40sec fully recharge doesn't help much. i'd rather have mounts instead of sprint. way better. i wouldn't say give us unlimited stamina bar, but increased stamina bar(martial artist and only sprint for 20sec? this is ridiculous), faster sprint speed(the NPC's are using the real Qing Gong speed), and faster stamina regeneration would be enough

On ‎14‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:10 PM, Sorcerer21b said:

Tell ya what. Go outside, jog for a bit, then take off at full sprint and see how long you can maintain it(remember there's no stamina bar.) Then jog for a littel while to see how long it take you to rebuild in order to full sprint again. After this, and probably a trip to the hospital or use of an oxygen machine,  take what you learned from that and apply it to the sprint function in-game.

the longest you can sprint in BnS is 20sec(if you have 45+++g to buy the Purification Jar. if not, then max is 15sec). i can easily run 20sec at my full speed even if i'm not used to it, and in game your character is supposedly used to it. also have you seen the NPC when sprinting?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

The point is that needing to "manage" stamina is pointless. Imagine if the game reset you to Bamboo Village every time you die because it's ilke a Game Over and you go back to the start? Pointless mechanic that only wastes time right?

We already have much more compelling gameplay with what we actually manage during combat.

----

If you're running without faction outfit and switch to faction outfit, it should be that running before trying to immediately switch to a faction outfit forces you to wait 5s before changing into it.

The 5s is there to prevent people of abusing system, as no time restrictions would mean: u jump into few enemies kill one, then switch off your uniform, heal up and repeat.

Again you people cant think outside of box.

Making such an extreme example as even the single player games don't have to try to alarm it and then compare it to silly easy thing as managing stamina is also bad.

3 minutes ago, Yagion said:

the areas are huge, and there will be new ones that are huge too. the max 20sec sprint and 40sec fully recharge doesn't help much. i'd rather have mounts instead of sprint. way better. i wouldn't say give us unlimited stamina bar, but increased stamina bar(martial artist and only sprint for 20sec? this is ridiculous), faster sprint speed(the NPC's are using the real Qing Gong speed), and faster stamina regeneration would be enough

the longest you can sprint in BnS is 20sec(if you have 45+++g to buy the Purification Jar. if not, then max is 15sec). i can easily run 20sec at my full speed even if i'm not used to it, and in game your character is supposedly used to it. also have you seen the NPC when sprinting?

Yes its called an element of realism. While you may be able to sprint longer than your character. You also cannot run up walls nor glide. Now if you want to equate that sprint speed and distance. If you were able to sprint for 15 seconds at the speed your character does, then in real life you'd cover about 3 times the distance as you would just on a normal sprint. Which means the stamina bar adds in an element of realism. You can only do this extraordinary thing for a limited amount of time.

So to balance it out to what everyone is asking for here. Sure you can have unlimited stamina, but you lose half your sprint speed, and while you're not using stamina you can't glide nor climb walls. You can however still do a basic double jump.

1 minute ago, GenesisAria said:

Don't try to justify a mechanic that doesn't benefit the game.  Having limited stamina for wall running and fast-flying makes sense... But for trying to run somewhere bloody far away, it's dumb.  Make it regen in like 5 sec or something.

I don't have this problem. Because I know how to point my character in the direction I want to go, hit numlock for autorun, and alt tab.  This way all i have to do is check back occasionally to make sure my character isn't hung up on something. This is one of those things that all I can say is, learn to deal with it as it is and stop being whiny, little babies holding your hand out going, "gimme, gimme, gimme." 

2 hours ago, AgentX said:

The 5s is there to prevent people of abusing system, as no time restrictions would mean: u jump into few enemies kill one, then switch off your uniform, heal up and repeat.

Again you people cant think outside of box.

Making such an extreme example as even the single player games don't have to try to alarm it and then compare it to silly easy thing as managing stamina is also bad.

You misread my post, I never said anything about removing the time restriction. I'm saying to add an additional time restriction if you're trying to sprint to chase someone only to change your outfit and attack them that only restricts you if you were sprinting.

But here you are berating people and acting like they're dumb instead of listening to what people say.

Archived