Forums

Why are you forcing us to pvp to upgrade our weapon?

PVP shouldn't be a requirement in any way to progress in this game's story; half of your playerbase doesn't even like PVP in the first place, so why would you force it on us when we need to buy a breakthrough material.

I'm not a competitive gamer, I play Blade & Soul for the fun it offers throughout the story and dungeons. What about all of the other people like me?

I have no desire to PVP in this game at all. On top of that I have very slow reaction time due to my mental disability, so I lose most fights regardless, giving me 8 zen beans. You're requiring me to gather 3,000 zen beans for the breakthrough weapon I need to upgrade my true siren. That's absolutely ludicrous in my situation and in many other players'.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

Of course, you want me to buy about $50 worth of brilliant keys from the store and create an entirely new weapon so I can just evolve from profane, right.

I sure as hell am not going to go in arena to lose 370 times just to get this stupid breakthrough weapon.

You should never, in any way, force your players to do something completely of it's own nature to progress in the main story.

You are aware that the game virtually revolves around PvP?

In fact, one could almost say it is an PvP game with PvE content slapped on it. You don't sign up for a gym with lessons and then complain that the teacher kind of expects you to engage in physical activity, do you?

No, you do not, but there have to be a white line somewhere there. They have to let you choose either PvP or do something else involning PvE in order to break through weapons etc. I agree that if they force you to PvP for all those who they dont PvP its not fair. And yes there are many who they do not PvP in this game. And they pay a lot of money on it. In the end it is not so dramatic to let you choose between the PvP upgrading way and the PvE.

Edited by Elorieth

half of your playerbase doesn't even like PVP in the first place

This game has always been half pvp half pve (and actually even a bit more pvp thought) where you need both content to progress. All the same in all it's regions, ever since it was released. The game was designed like that and it won't change. Every time I see someone in faction saying they don't need to pvp I don't bother to elaborate anymore and let them realize later when they get to that point they need it.

You say you are being forced to pvp when the game has always been like this?

As Svolifar mentioned.. you can buy the weapon from the musty woods faction vendor..doing pve quests (half true actually, because someone from the other faction can kill you while doing it :) , still with some patience and ignoring the enemies..you just have to kill few times some NPCs at the other faction tent.. and done.  Not so hard. I did it for like 10 min. And you can go back to the safe pve :)

To the OP, just do your faction dailies, even  if you have not done any faction dailies before, it should take u around 2-3 daily rounds to get to private first class.  

As soon as you hit rank Private first class (which isnt very hard at all), You can farm the misty faction mini bosses which usually have groups of ppl doing it so you wont be alone anyway.  Kill those bosses 3 x (cos each time u only get around 7 insignias , u need 15 to trade for the breakthru weapon).   So yeah you dont have to PVP for it.  

Even though faction quests are pvp-enabled, you could try to avoid it and just do the PVE aspects which are  kill mobs/collect rocks or other things/rescue npcs.  Rinse and repeat few days and your rank will be high enough to buy the weapon.  It only takes 30-40minutes per character to do misty woods and the beach dailies near hogshead (thats being very generous).

I don't want to kill the fun but you'll need more faction stuff all over again once you get to silverfrost. I don't understand what people have against pvp, is an important aspect of this game and it's actually pretty fun.

3 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

I don't understand what people have against pvp, is an important aspect of this game and it's actually pretty fun.

It's subjective. I personally find it barbaric and do not enjoy it at all, however it's perfectly fine to enjoy it as well. I agree with the other guy about it being a poor decision to try and force it on the players, however it is their game to do what they want. And to be honest, at this point there's much more significant factors causing this game's early end.

25 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

I don't want to kill the fun but you'll need more faction stuff all over again once you get to silverfrost. I don't understand what people have against pvp, is an important aspect of this game and it's actually pretty fun.

A lot of people don't agree with the attitude that PvP brings out in people. When you pit players in this sort of environment, it's almost always negative. Anonymity brings out the worst in people, especially in competitive environments. Things like PvE progression shouldn't be tied to PVP, and vice versa. That's like one of the number 1 rules of an MMORPG. Don't mix your playstyles.

34 minutes ago, SongNhi said:

To the OP, just do your faction dailies, even  if you have not done any faction dailies before, it should take u around 2-3 daily rounds to get to private first class.  

As soon as you hit rank Private first class (which isnt very hard at all), You can farm the misty faction mini bosses which usually have groups of ppl doing it so you wont be alone anyway.  Kill those bosses 3 x (cos each time u only get around 7 insignias , u need 15 to trade for the breakthru weapon).   So yeah you dont have to PVP for it.  

Even though faction quests are pvp-enabled, you could try to avoid it and just do the PVE aspects which are  kill mobs/collect rocks or other things/rescue npcs.  Rinse and repeat few days and your rank will be high enough to buy the weapon.  It only takes 30-40minutes per character to do misty woods and the beach dailies near hogshead (thats being very generous).

Turns out I had a bug or something.. only 3 items showed when I was at faction merchant, and one of them was the weapon that cost 3000 zen beans. I opened the client again after I got done with my stuff and he had a lot more in the window. Thanks for the post though, least you weren't a douche to me ;3

You arent the developer and this game isnt made in your vision. It isnt up to you to say pvp shouldnt be a part of its core =P You are fine to have an opinion and all but pvp and faction wars is a part of this games story & core gameplay. If you dont like it then the problem lies with you not the game and maybe give pvp more of a chance or find a new game >x<

1 hour ago, Finsternis said:

You are aware that the game virtually revolves around PvP?

In fact, one could almost say it is an PvP game with PvE content slapped on it. You don't sign up for a gym with lessons and then complain that the teacher kind of expects you to engage in physical activity, do you?

The game isn't about pvp any more than it is about pve.. bopae, weapon evolving, dungeons, and every item you loot, every map, every npc and quest in the game outside of the arena are ALL pve content, some which includes possible pvp. I like factions. I like the whole idea. However I hate the way they're shoving arena up our asses like it's the most important thing in the world to be doing.

I dont really mind PVPing. But when I am doing a PVE faction quest, SKILLED for PVE, I usually die from a PVP SKILLED player due to stuns and all that good stuff. That aspect I really don't like since I am trying to do a PVE daily quest in a PVP environment. 

Edited by devildawg

Yea, I feel ya, I loathe pvp too =/ but idk of anyother way, besides the tomb of exile de, to get soulstones. I go with my clan and ppl tend to leave us alone. I'd team up with ppl and grit n bear it

Edited by LilMsQT
2 hours ago, devildawg said:

I dont really mind PVPing. But when I am doing a PVE faction quest, SKILLED for PVE, I usually die from a PVP SKILLED player due to stuns and all that good stuff. That aspect I really don't like since I am trying to do a PVE daily quest in a PVP environment. 

do you know what's the other problem with faction pvp? you don't know which class you're gonna be fighting against, and unfortunately there's no build that works against every class

3 hours ago, hektix said:

PVP shouldn't be a requirement in any way to progress in this game's story; half of your playerbase doesn't even like PVP in the first place, so why would you force it on us when we need to buy a breakthrough material.

I'm not a competitive gamer, I play Blade & Soul for the fun it offers throughout the story and dungeons. What about all of the other people like me?

I have no desire to PVP in this game at all. On top of that I have very slow reaction time due to my mental disability, so I lose most fights regardless, giving me 8 zen beans. You're requiring me to gather 3,000 zen beans for the breakthrough weapon I need to upgrade my true siren. That's absolutely ludicrous in my situation and in many other players'.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

Of course, you want me to buy about $50 worth of brilliant keys from the store and create an entirely new weapon so I can just evolve from profane, right.

I sure as hell am not going to go in arena to lose 370 times just to get this stupid breakthrough weapon.

You should never, in any way, force your players to do something completely of it's own nature to progress in the main story.

later purple dungeons (end boss boxes) has a chance to drop those Naryu Tablet Specifically Ice Warehouse... but you can do that dungeon only ONCE a day + rng to get the Naryu Tablet (i dunno any other way to get it other than this and pvp... maybe experienced players know better ways)

i really don't know what are you talking about, pvp in this game? what?? have you tried soulstone plains? at my server there's only crimsons so you only fight versus monsters you can farm pve all day there,at arena you can only find bots and hackers so it's half pvh half "pvp"

its not about what u like or what u want, its about how the game work since release on kr, the game was made to work this way, and will keep working this way, its not game or ncsoft problem if u can't follow the game rules.

u know what's funny?

if you are doing purely PvP then why bother about PvP rewards since it wont matters. hell, just think of playing 3d street fighter since there's no sense of progression which was essential for an MMO.

PvP rewards are for PvE players. thats a fact

You are acting as if you are being ganked without warning. You put the outfit of so and so faction on, that is like a main stay of the game. Seriously if you can not get around that aspect, I mean, why choose this particular game? Further more how long do you expect this game to last without FvF and or arena for that matter. And even without the Arena involved I mean, that's like part of this games appeal. More to the heart of the matter, it is very much about the challenge which to my mind that would be the primary challenge let alone the lore of the game. Adapt and thrive, or don't. I believe you should really take a different look at your approach to this game and understand that the very thing you are against is the thing that presents flavor of sorts that very much makes this game what it is, and that would be the fun factor.

2 minutes ago, LiQuiDQuB said:

You are acting as if you are being ganked without warning. You put the outfit of so and so faction on, that is like a main stay of the game. Seriously if you can not get around that aspect, I mean, why choose this particular game? Further more how long do you expect this game to last without FvF and or arena for that matter. And even without the Arena involved I mean, that's like part of this games appeal. More to the heart of the matter, it is very much about the challenge which to my mind that would be the primary challenge let alone the lore of the game. Adapt and thrive, or don't. I believe you should really take a different look at your approach to this game and understand that the very thing you are against is the thing that presents flavor of sorts that very much makes this game what it is, and that would be the fun factor.

not everyone likes pvp, and just play for pve. since this game is for pve too, people that don't like pvp can freely complain for the forced pvp

My server is dominated by Crimson and I'm in Cerulean.  It's rare to find players farming that boss.  I can see the boss spawning over and over again on my side for Crimson to kill. 

It's true that it doesn't involve actually PVP'ing other player.  It just opens you up to get pk'ed while trying to farm the insignia.  If you don't have company, it's kinda hard being surrounded by a few opposite faction players trying to get their daily done and pk you to get that daily done.

If we can get that in an alternate way, would be nice.  But I'll play along even though I didn't like this as it's hard for me to find a party farming that atm.

4 hours ago, Svolifar said:

You do realize that you can buy the weapon from the misty woods vendor with faction tokens that includes doing only pve content right?

To get faction tokens you have to flag PvP and get ganked, spawn camped, or in general get mobbed by the opposing faction while doing the "pve-pvp" quests.  I have had to resort to guerrilla tactics of having my normal costume on to get to the quest location and flag pvp long enough to accomplish the quest and then unflag before the wave of opponents get to me.  On my server Crimson is completely dominate and it is not unsual to warp into a zone and be under attack or having the base NPCs all dead.

Edited by Kazden
Just now, Yagion said:

not everyone likes pvp, and just play for pve. since this game is for pve too, people that don't like pvp can freely complain for the forced pvp

You can't complain, you don't have right to complain since its how the game was made, you don't want to do pvp ? okay, don't want arena ? okay, dont want misty wood daily because opposite faction will kill you ? okay ! u have right to do not do pvp, but that dont mean ncsoft will change the game to allow u to farm soulstone doing pve, you dont want to do arena for beans or misty wood  for soulstone ? okay ! so the only way for u is to buy from market, BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR SOULSTONE, well, delete game.