Why are you forcing us to pvp to upgrade our weapon?

hektix

4 minutes ago, Evechan said:

You can't complain, you don't have right to complain since its how the game was made, you don't want to do pvp ? okay, don't want arena ? okay, dont want misty wood daily because opposite faction will kill you ? okay ! u have right to do not do pvp, but that dont mean ncsoft will change the game to allow u to farm soulstone doing pve, you dont want to do arena for beans or misty wood  for soulstone ? okay ! so the only way for u is to buy from market, BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR SOULSTONE, well, delete game.

You misunderstood the post. 

5 hours ago, Finsternis said:

You are aware that the game virtually revolves around PvP?

In fact, one could almost say it is an PvP game with PvE content slapped on it. You don't sign up for a gym with lessons and then complain that the teacher kind of expects you to engage in physical activity, do you?

It actually revolves around arena PvP and its most known for that,cause its most balanced among MMOs considering gear doesnt count in arena.

As for open world PvP it has one of worst system i ever saw consdering how unbalanced classes are the whole battle system which just isnt suited for massive scale PvP. Not to mention how badly game is optimized and FPS drop and lagg/delay in skills most players experience.

All reasons why they shouldnt force people to PvP for PvE,cause in the end if you're only on this game for Arena PvP which lots of ppl are you probably wont spent much money on the game since premium and gold is rather uselss for PvPer,while a PvE fan is more likely to spend lots of money...which is why they should maybe listen to players.

3 minutes ago, Evechan said:

You can't complain, you don't have right to complain since its how the game was made, you don't want to do pvp ? okay, don't want arena ? okay, dont want misty wood daily because opposite faction will kill you ? okay ! u have right to do not do pvp, but that dont mean ncsoft will change the game to allow u to farm soulstone doing pve, you dont want to do arena for beans or misty wood  for soulstone ? okay ! so the only way for u is to buy from market, BUT I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR SOULSTONE, well, delete game.

you can complain, and you have every right to complain

Just now, Yagion said:

you can complain, and you have every right to complain

No you can't, its nto an diplomacy, its a dictatorship, you can complain when something was made wrong or not working as intended, but the game are working, the pvp and pve sides are working, so no, even if u complain, u are not with right to do, i complain because arena are full of bots, hack, and ncsoft do nothing, i do not complain because i get only 130 bens for win, i do not complain because i'm not lv50 allready, got it ? cool, and just to have sure, NO ONE ARE FORCING PVP OR PVE, deal with it, grow up, you can buy the soulstone from market if u dont like pvp, but don't come here thinking ncsoft will change the game (they cant anyway) just to make u feel better, PEACE.

I posted about this just abit ago where we have people that are complaining about being "forced to PvP" because of the dailies. So I won't rehash that although I feel very strongly that you should consider the amount of people that may not like PvE but they go thru the motions in order to level up so that they may get the full effect they are after in order to do Arena, and more so World pvp/fvf and this generally involves PvE. I am sure some get to 15 and do arena only but to both extremes you are missing out on the joy that both aspects can provide. For me this is one of the primary functions that make this game so much fun, and one of the few mmos/mmorpgs that I actually enjoy both aspects. I feel like they compliment each other. NPC/Boss encounters while they can be challenging in their own right have limits to said challenge. The system of PvP that is in place I feel is both unique and more digestible regardless of the players skill level. I am more of a person inclined to get level capped, and only concern myself with PvP at least in past games Diablo2, WoW, Guildwars, Guildwars2, to name a few. But with this game, I find myself actually enjoying the PvE because it is not a huge grind, mean while at anytime I can flag myself by donning a faction based outfit. I really feel that if you are too one sided be it for PvP or PvE you are missing out on all this game has to offer. In short you are hindering yourself and the enjoyment provided with such a game as this if you allow yourself to be so frustrated because you only wanted to do the daily that involved PvP but you did not care for that type of challenge. Take a harder look at how you are approaching the game, you might find the PvP aspect to be more fun then you had previously given credit.

Getting 3000 Zen Beans is literally like a 2 hour investment. Just queue up for 3's and go AFK, it's what the bots do. It's not like they're requiring you to PvP for days. I think they are just trying to get people to try out PvP, you might actually like it. If not, you only have to get 3000 beans and put it behind you.

17 minutes ago, Yagion said:

not everyone likes pvp, and just play for pve. since this game is for pve too, people that don't like pvp can freely complain for the forced pvp

Ok but that is very one sided, what of the players that abhor PvE? I believe you might not realize that part of the beauty of this game includes this style of PvP to live hand and hand with the PvE within this game world. Be that as it may, I still feel like there are a lot of other things you could focus on PvE wise that will still reward you just as much  if you refrain from the PvP dailies. Or maybe I am wrong in that assumption. But then again, no one is forcing anyone of us to play this game. Just like there is the option to sup for added benefit which I consistently also here people complain about as well because they are not getting the same distance in the daily dash. >.<  If you build it, they will complain?

3 minutes ago, Raxion said:

Getting 3000 Zen Beans is literally like a 2 hour investment. Just queue up for 3's and go AFK, it's what the bots do. It's not like they're requiring you to PvP for days.

I hate the fact that this is true.  There are no consequences, even if you report the person there is no real feeling of hope that anything will be done.  

6 hours ago, hektix said:

I have no desire to PVP in this game at all. On top of that I have very slow reaction time due to my mental disability, so I lose most fights regardless, giving me 8 zen beans. You're requiring me to gather 3,000 zen beans for the breakthrough weapon I need to upgrade my true siren. That's absolutely ludicrous in my situation and in many other players'.

Hey, at least you're getting 8 per round. I get 5, and given my latency + how much I suck at pvp I'm not getting past the bot wall any time soon. ._.

OP, do yourself a favor, and do the faction farming on a weekend. Check channels to see if a group is there. If not, just wait a bit. Sooner or later, there will be a group farming. Just jump in, and stick around until you have 45 insignias (15 for the weapon, and 30 for the necklace). Then, that's it. You're done, and were probably very safe the whole time. 

If faction imbalance is the problem, switch factions. Bots will always eventually make the sides even, and you can take advantage of that to switch. 

Yes, faction quests can suck. Yes, the open world PvP in this game is trash. Yes, it can create a negative atmosphere. But it's also relatively quick to accomplish the absolute necessary aspects of the faction dailies, before going off to do what you want. 

I know this. I have anxiety. I literally cannot do Arena PvP (well, I can, I'll just have a wonderful anxiety attack, nbd, right?), and open world PvP also sets my anxiety off, too. But taking the time to check that my faction is in control of a channel doesn't take much, and makes the farming process a lot more pleasant. And if you really hate it that much, then after that short farm period, just stick to buying your soulstones, because that's pretty much what's left to get from faction dailies. 

The game does a pretty bad job at alerting the players that this is a PvP centric game. From the very first moment, Faction quests are NEVER emphasized. Not even Arena quests. They are thrown as side quests and you can't even see the faction ones unless you are wearing your faction outfit (and why would you? To get ganked by overlevelled gentlemen and gentleladies?). But suddenly at certain point at level 50 the game pushed it right in your nostril by making one of the required materials for upgrading a PvP only* reward. And then silly people in the forum PRETEND the players should have known. Heck, not even the website makes a big deal about how PvP becomes a must.

What it should do is make the PvP aspect more prominent during levelling up. Then NOBODY will be surprised. But, of course, then there's a problem: people who dislike PvP will see it coming and leave the game to something that doesn't force them into it (or to make the difference out by farming gold and depending on the PvPr's supply in the auction market). And that's the problem, isn't it? Casual PvE players are the widest MMO demographic. They serve as content for the cash shop wales (no players means no queues, which means you can't do dungeons, or gank them) AND to the PvP crowd by contributing to the economy by, for example, buying their surplus soulstones.

*And no, don't tell me that they are 'basically PvE' because SOMETIMES there are no players on the other faction to battle over it and/or because one of the factions is underpopulated. They are still designed to stimulate world PvP and they force the player to wear the uniform and thus OPEN THEMSELVES TO PVP. They are PvP quests, no matter how 'easy' it might be to avoid the other side.

Search for a PT in faction chat to farm tokens. It's safer and most people won't mess with you in a group. You might have to do some channel surfing but it's relatively easy and quick to complete. You don't even need that many tokens for the weapon.

I've never set foot in the arena and I didn't even know you could get that weapon with zen beans.

Archived