Worst game in terms of optimization I ever seen in my life!

Mucski

We all thought GTA IV is bad, well ...

Today we did the faction quests .... well they did it, I only tried, 5 fps, 10 if use optimize for combat and turn everything to ultra low. Changing resolution, graphics settings makes absolutely no difference, except turning off shadows. As soon as players show up on my screen my pc is going crazy, heating up and whatnot. I don't care about bots, I don't care about the marketplace, BUT FIX THIS DAMN GAME! 

I went to do grand harvest event, at 20 players my pc crashed, heated up to 80 celsius .... in the patch log it says "improved performance" .. WHERE? AND TO WHO? Do you really expect me to buy a PC from 2019 with nitrogen cooler and 9ghz 16core processor? Or I don't know cause this makes no sense....

Furthermore the game sucks away my internet. You heard that right. I get random DC, and when that happens my whole internet is gone for a minute. No Skype, no google no nothing. Explain that!

i agreed. after update i can see a little bit of fps improve, but what a cost? geting game crash after to many ppl or effects and spike laggs for no resaon.

i think after few more update the game wont launch any more for real 

19 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Furthermore the game sucks away my internet. You heard that right. I get random DC, and when that happens my whole internet is gone for a minute. No Skype, no google no nothing. Explain that!

It's GameGuard still in effect...it's good to block everything but allow Bots and Hackers do whatever in game.

Other than a little lag at the grand harvest event and the occasional glitch, I really don't have any problems with how this game plays. I don't know if it's my computer or my internet or my server. I usually have music or Netflix going while I'm playing and it's never interrupted. I very rarely get kicked out of the game and GameGuard has not caused me any problems at all. The game hasn't caused my laptop to overheat. It makes me a little skeptical when I come across people complaining about experience lag all the time. I understand lag in crowded events, but if you are constantly having these problems then maybe you aren't physically equipped for the game? That or I'm insanely lucky with my connection.

I don't have connection issue but I do know after exit BnS i can't login my FFXIV or D3 right away, I have to wait 2 mins or so to able to do that, i will get login error if I don't wait.

Also, I monitor my rig cooling system from game to game and for sure it's run hotter with BnS.

10 minutes ago, angelcots said:

Other than a little lag at the grand harvest event and the occasional glitch, I really don't have any problems with how this game plays. I don't know if it's my computer or my internet or my server. I usually have music or Netflix going while I'm playing and it's never interrupted. I very rarely get kicked out of the game and GameGuard has not caused me any problems at all. The game hasn't caused my laptop to overheat. It makes me a little skeptical when I come across people complaining about experience lag all the time. I understand lag in crowded events, but if you are constantly having these problems then maybe you aren't physically equipped for the game? That or I'm insanely lucky with my connection.

I don't mind the server lag either. It's FPS lag! You can't play a game that constantly drops to 10 and bellow FPS whenever a group of people appears on your screen ... and in some areas you can't turn off players because it's imperative to see them, such as Faction Quests.

Also mind sharing with us your laptop specs?

Started attacking some trash mob, screen froze for 10 seconds, dead. Man, and I thought Vindictus was badly optimized. What's funny is that I am running $5k worth of hardware (32gb ram, devil's canyon Intel chip, superclocked 780 Ti SLI, etc) so seeing freezes like this just blows my mind.

8 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I don't mind the server lag either. It's FPS lag! You can't play a game that constantly drops to 10 and bellow FPS whenever a group of people appears on your screen ... and in some areas you can't turn off players because it's imperative to see them, such as Faction Quests.

Also mind sharing with us your laptop specs?

Ah... sucks if turning off players isn't always an option. And I understand the concern if this game is THAT much harder on your system than other games. I can post my laptop specs later. I'm not at that computer right now.

Some people are saying the bots attacking the servers is part of the issue which is quite possible.

Some are saying they are cheap servers.

Some are saying it is the client.

All I know is, its getting old, real quick and something needs to be done about it yesterday. With Australian ping (250ms+) and these issues with the servers, it is very exhausting playing the game and nothing fun about it.

I have the same issue here. When I do dungeons no problem. I have almost all the time 50-60 FPS and I am playing with all Graphic settings at max. When I do world bosses where there are more than 25-30 players, especially when bots are involving....  OMG. I have 6-8 FPS max. I do not think its my machine though because even if I lower the graphic settings its the same (10-12 FPS max). I do not know if they can fix this... but you cannot do anything in the open world when you cannot react. 

For example the first world quest in the first new city of the expansion where you are waiting for the merchants OMG. I cannot finish it because of the lag. Even in the lowest settings I cannot hit a single enemy and it is getting annoying. 

I agree with this if i'm near a bigger group of player my fps drop to ~5fps and it makes almost no different which settings i use only deactivating shadows and physics for other players give me ~5 fps more. Me Pc is not high end but it's still strong enough to handle every recent Game (at last every i played so far) with high setting and always 40+ fps.

Blade and Soul: Textures from 2004, Hardware requirement from 2034.  

i think NCsoft launch this game only for bot that why them dont care much about the bot in everywhere them only do care about people that play in internet cafe/cybercafe( u get banned if u play multiple account on same IP) and also bots not complain them only normal player does 

i still trying to get in touch with my main that stuck in zaiwei city after 30 hour and still no hope for that 

2 hours ago, Taemek said:

Some are saying they are cheap servers.

Some are saying it is the client.

i bet anything you want it's both

9 minutes ago, mimieko said:

i think NCsoft launch this game only for bot that why them dont care much about the bot in everywhere them only do care about people that play in internet cafe/cybercafe( u get banned if u play multiple account on same IP) and also bots not complain them only normal player does 

i still trying to get in touch with my main that stuck in zaiwei city after 30 hour and still no hope for that 

and if you use hair mod you're banned according to Hime. same bullshi t like in Aion. hackers play, and non hackers get banned for no reason

4 hours ago, Mucski said:

I went to do grand harvest event, at 20 players my pc crashed, heated up to 80 celsius .... in the patch log it says "improved performance" .. WHERE? AND TO WHO? Do you really expect me to buy a PC from 2019 with nitrogen cooler and 9ghz 16core processor? Or I don't know cause this makes no sense....

If your computer is overheating and crashing the problem is your computer not the game. A stable system should be able to run a stress/torture test for hours straight without a hiccup. Stress tests heat up your system far more than this game ever could.

It doesn't matter what hardware you have, UE3 is basically the worst engine ever made for any mmo.

There's a reason every mmo that came out with it failed.

Tera runs the same engine and surprise, it runs just as bad as this.

before rising waters update i could actually play and my fps were around 10 on terrors and blackwyrm and doing 24 man was also doable at 20+ fps and never going below 12 at poharan but comes rising waters update and now if i attack 2 monsters, yes 2 freaking monsters, i'll get terrible lag and doing 6 man dungeons is literally impossible with fps going to 5 or less. I did not download or change anything with my computer before and after rising waters update for it to run this bad after it. That was also an update where ncsoft said they would optimize the game a little better so they must've done something that makes my pc not able to run the game.

I've also noticed the game isn't running as smooth since the 'performance enchancements', and it doesn't look as good either. However it doesn't run as bad on my machine as the OP's. Mine is more like, runs 60 fps nearly all the time (vsync on), except if there are like 50+ people, or there is a waterfall nearby. Would be nice if they undid their performance upgrade though, ran better before, and looked better too (the difference is very slight, but since I work with photos and graphics I noticed it straight away). I also had to tweak my system for about a week to get it running smooth, like doing a clean boot with no backgroup programs running, turned off most of the Windows 10 apps, and in game I turned off the games AA since that was making it run poorly, and just forced FXAA in nvidia control panel. Gameguard is probably the thing causing your FPS issues, if it doesn't like a program you have running, stuff like what you described happens.

Oh my PC specs are pretty good though;

Desktop Windows 10 64bit Pro

i7-4790k @ 4Ghz

32GB RAM at 1600 9-9-9

Nvidia GTX 980

SSD Hard Drive

• 1 year later...

I highly concur. I run better on Tera Online at max graphics! Blade&Soul is very similiar in graphics to Tera Online, but I'm stuck playing Tera most of the time. I have the computer to play Blade&Soul, I JUST KNOW IT! However, the problem is that this game is so poorly optimized! I turn everything down on graphics settings and I still run like I have nothing! I really looked forward with playing with a friend, just to try something different for a change, but nope this game is beyond poor optimization! It's not your computer! I met someone in Tera and they had a better graphics card than me and they ran terrible. So what I'm saying that it really depends on what the game has on reading your drivers or video card codecs I guess. If it's not reading it, you're just running horrible in the game. It just needs an update on database on graphics cards. I ran Skyforge at higher graphics, so I know this game is totally lacking on optimization. Some things have improved in Blade&Soul it seems, but for some reason I think the effects capture differently for each graphics card. I'm making assumptions on that part, but the effects is what is causing the issues for everyone, I think. Because of the motion blurs of those effects that can't be taken off! That is the problem! The effects are over drastic that it causes issues and perhaps other issues with game too that cause drop in FPS.

Some effects cause crazy fps drop. My game turns into a slideshow if i get hit by that ranged frost skill. Like those fm mobs which you jump through in ec, when you try pulling lo dan in dt. I get hit by flame, np, but that frost skill is probably designed to freeze the computer instead of character.

My PC sucks. 5yrs old hardware.

But I check "Optimize for combat", press CTRL-F, and everything is fine. If I get kicked out it's usually my PC fault as well for having 20+ chrome pages open on random things.

About mass PVP Idk, not even interested, but till now I had no problem if I pressed CTRL-F, either in Grand Harvest or Guwong City.

We're lucky you can hide other chars in this game. What about Tera? During rally you're lucky if you have more than 5fps, and you can't hide anything.

Archived