Jump to content
Forums

This has been said before, but seriously, these firewalls.


Recommended Posts

i mean wth man. Why do u have such a thing even set in place that kills the players for not arriving on time. i understand being late, but to kill me?

 

was doing bloodshade , died twice by them. the first one was from the twins, where the firewall is absurdly close to (pretty much inside) the room. getting rdy to fight and oops, i back stepped into death. then someone decided to attack the boss when i was still on the top and woops, death, didnt even bother waiting 3 flippin seconds

 

in another game they had a system like this, but instead of firewalls the go out of their way to kill u they just had walls. hell, they even gave u like 10 seconds to enter the room before it closes. that was better. it benefited everyone. 

Edited by Morcra
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea. People are even doing things on purpose, like: "We keep waiting" - another moron keeps rushing ahead without waiting and tries to solo the stage/section boss while the firewall either kills the people right on the spot or block the entire path. Just makes no sense.

 

And those sentinels ... geez. Getting 1 shot, instagib.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure, NCsoft won't bother to change it because it doesn't effect game play.

There are skill bugged still need to fix and they didn't do anything yet like WL soul shackle still reset mobs, bosses in Silverfrost update

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to that, sometimes I'll be fighting someone that spawns close to one like Nekuro in Tomb of Exiles, and one of their knockback attacks will actually throw me into the firewall and kill me. Also the room just ahead of that one, where the three guys run toward you from the other side of the fire, one time I used an approach skill on them and yeah... didn't go well. Basically being punished just for playing the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Teiji said:

I think the firewall were invented to prevent people from dps-die-respawn-repeat aka never really die if u can do that and make boss killing easy.

ofc. the problem is why does it kill u. just put an invisible wall over the fire. simple fix

Edited by Morcra
Link to post
Share on other sites

I too hate the unnecessary firewall. Especially in the fight with the Widows where you can accidentally dodge into the fire or get kicked into the fire. Should either be a wall or an orb that knocks you back when you try to approach it, not insta-death for a slight misstep.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, those fire walls are a stupid mechanic that serves no viable purpose other than *cricket* off people. However, if that was the purpose, then they've done a good job.

 

Not to mention that, of course, some people "exploit" (abuse) that on purpose (especially high level players when they happen to be part of a team with lower levels, such as in the Tomb of Exiles, for example). One (or two) will rush to a certain point, wait until the others catch up to them, up to a certain point where the players whom rushed ahead know where the firewall spawns, then they attack the boss and they wipe the rest of the party.

 

I'd like to see NCSoft coming here on the forums (or this thread) to tell us why that idiotic mechanic is still there (and why it was included in the first place).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The smaller fire walls FM can actually backstep through, unless there's a stupid-ass turret there that doesn't even let you get close to the fire before shooting you from an arbitrary range, insta-kill and if you're foolish enough to hit res, you get in loading screen, if stuff is killed while you're loading, you get no credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Morcra said:

i mean wth man. Why do u have such a thing even set in place that kills the players for not arriving on time. i understand being late, but to kill me?

 

was doing bloodshade , died twice by them. the first one was from the twins, where the firewall is absurdly close to (pretty much inside) the room. getting rdy to fight and oops, i back stepped into death. then someone decided to attack the boss when i was still on the top and woops, death, didnt even bother waiting 3 flippin seconds

 

in another game they had a system like this, but instead of firewalls the go out of their way to kill u they just had walls. hell, they even gave u like 10 seconds to enter the room before it closes. that was better. it benefited everyone. 

They r there so people who afk on purpose, or slow down group cant get final reward, which mean on purpose.

 

Don't do of those 2 above and your fine.

 

Being slow motion in dungeon is annoying ***

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AgentX said:

They r there so people who afk on purpose, or slow down group cant get final reward, which mean on purpose.

 

Don't do of those 2 above and your fine.

 

Being slow motion in dungeon is annoying and no one will wait you to bait your gf ass then back in front of pc... If u get what I mean.

Last time I checked, firewalls didn't stop AFKs/idle bots from joining Brightstone/Dokumo/Ogong/Pigsty. And guess what - the AFKs/bots still get loot if the dungeon is completed.

 

Firewalls don't do shit other than annoy people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Last time I checked, firewalls didn't stop AFKs/idle bots from joining Brightstone/Dokumo/Ogong/Pigsty. And guess what - the AFKs/bots still get loot if the dungeon is completed.

 

Firewalls don't do shit other than annoy people.

Sorry if u wasn't in range of boss kill, or inside of room when it dies, you don't even get loot options at all. Tried myself.

 

Sorry should learn game mechanic before speaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AgentX said:

Sorry if u wasn't in range of boss kill, or inside of room when it dies, you don't even get loot options at all. Tried myself.

 

Sorry should learn game mechanic before speaking.

That's only the case for bosses in the 24 man Poh/BSH, or the new Plog/Beastbog/Harvest bosses in Silverfrost - which also require sufficient damage.

 

I've seen AFKs at the Brightstone start bidding on Moonwater Tears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AgentX said:

They r there so people who afk on purpose, or slow down group cant get final reward, which mean on purpose.

 

Don't do of those 2 above and your fine.

 

Being slow motion in dungeon is annoying and no one will wait you to bait your gf ass then back in front of pc... If u get what I mean.

did u even read what i said. I understand the need to block off late people. IF were late, so be it, dont allow us in. But dont kill us. instead of a fire that desperately wants to kill u how about...idk, one that doesn't want to kill u. put an insisible wall over. like jesus wtf. 

 

and also u dont seem to factor in the people that do this on purpose or the high levels in low level dungeons that just dont care. a 10 sec time between the walls appearing to enter the fight isnt gonnna kill anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but again this is crying for not having your way.

 

U stated yourself: "that is a bother" so pressing 4 and running back near that wall is a bother, u need 20 sec for it? Why even you bother pressing 4 when you re dead and

you know u can no longer enter the room? u just stay dead till boss is dead.

 

Actually this one sound like SJW and feminazi shit: "the mechanic is too stupid and abusable" ... AGAIN WHY YOU CARE WHEN U CANT ENTER BLOODY ROOM AND GET LOOT

FOR WHAT YOU CAM IN INSIDE THE DUNGEON?

 

And again this is just crying for not having your way, if u r incompetent to understand: being dead due to firewall is irrelevant when u don't get to kill boss and loot.

I think you will have to record that one and let it on repeat until you get that your bluntent bitching has no point when you even cant *cricket* for right thing and point

the real issue.

 

I mean should any ncsoft developer take you seriously when you don't care for loot (IN WHICH WHY YOU ENTER DUNGEON IN FIRST PLACE) but you specifically care to not

being killed by firewall due to some god unknown reason....

 

*give me a break from people like this*

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AgentX said:

Sorry but again this is crying for not having your way.

 

U stated yourself: "that is a bother" so pressing 4 and running back near that wall is a bother, u need 20 sec for it? Why even you bother pressing 4 when you re dead and

you know u can no longer enter the room? u just stay dead till boss is dead.

 

Actually this one sound like SJW and feminazi shit: "the mechanic is too stupid and abusable" ... AGAIN WHY YOU CARE WHEN U CANT ENTER BLOODY ROOM AND GET LOOT

FOR WHAT YOU CAM IN INSIDE THE DUNGEON?

 

And again this is just crying for not having your way, if u r incompetent to understand: being dead due to firewall is irrelevant when u don't get to kill boss and loot.

I think you will have to record that one and let it on repeat until you get that your bluntent bitching has no point when you even cant *cricket* for right thing and point

the real issue.

 

I mean should any ncsoft developer take you seriously when you don't care for loot (IN WHICH WHY YOU ENTER DUNGEON IN FIRST PLACE) but you specifically care to not

being killed by firewall due to some god unknown reason....

 

*give me a break from people like this*

lol. alright. i think im done replying to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2016 at 9:36 AM, Morcra said:

i mean wth man. Why do u have such a thing even set in place that kills the players for not arriving on time. i understand being late, but to kill me?

 

was doing bloodshade , died twice by them. the first one was from the twins, where the firewall is absurdly close to (pretty much inside) the room. getting rdy to fight and oops, i back stepped into death. then someone decided to attack the boss when i was still on the top and woops, death, didnt even bother waiting 3 flippin seconds

 

in another game they had a system like this, but instead of firewalls the go out of their way to kill u they just had walls. hell, they even gave u like 10 seconds to enter the room before it closes. that was better. it benefited everyone. 

Yeah, the firewalls serve no real purpose.  The only thing I see this preventing is zombie-rushing a boss (respawning and rushing to boss to slowly kill it but this requires someone to always be alive so the boss doesn't reset) but if that's the case, who cares?  Its not like its a big deal if a group of people invest that much time and effort just to down a boss.  Successful boss kills mean very little these days.

 

1 hour ago, AgentX said:

Sorry if u wasn't in range of boss kill, or inside of room when it dies, you don't even get loot options at all. Tried myself.

 

Sorry should learn game mechanic before speaking.

Have you ever had a bot in your dungeon group?  You know, those Destroyers in full Profane Soul Shield with unleveled accessories?  Ever notice how they don't move from the entrance and are able to roll on the loot despite not being at the boss?  Unless they stealth-fixed that this past update, you're obviously lying.  You did not try it yourself.  You made it up and even put yourself on a condescending pedestal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tyranei said:

Yeah, the firewalls serve no real purpose.  The only thing I see this preventing is zombie-rushing a boss (respawning and rushing to boss to slowly kill it but this requires someone to always be alive so the boss doesn't reset) but if that's the case, who cares?  Its not like its a big deal if a group of people invest that much time and effort just to down a boss.  Successful boss kills mean very little these days.

 

Have you ever had a bot in your dungeon group?  You know, those Destroyers in full Profane Soul Shield with unleveled accessories?  Ever notice how they don't move from the entrance and are able to roll on the loot despite not being at the boss?  Unless they stealth-fixed that this past update, you're obviously lying.  You did not try it yourself.  You made it up and even put yourself on a condescending pedestal.

Well kid only thing left is to try it out.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's funny how @AgentX ignores the other issue with the fire other than cutting off entrance to the room. The insta-killing no matter the circumstance even if you are fighting the boss and all you did was jump back to get out of an aoe or you got kicked into the fire. This is mostly a concern with the Widows. Furthermore the death fire doesn't make sense, if it were just to cut off entrance to the fight you could do that with doors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GraveKnight said:

I think it's funny how @AgentX ignores the other issue with the fire other than cutting off entrance to the room. The insta-killing no matter the circumstance even if you are fighting the boss and all you did was jump back to get out of an aoe or you got kicked into the fire. This is mostly a concern with the Widows. Furthermore the death fire doesn't make sense, if it were just to cut off entrance to the fight you could do that with doors.

I've killed my friend almost every single time I've done BSH with the fire at the Twins.  I always think he's inside the room when I initiate the fight, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AgentX said:

Every single dungeon is big enough for u to cowardly kitting anything.

If u don't have that little sense of environment you r in at (especially at high levels) just uninstall.

I'm not kiting. I'm trying to get out of an unblockable AoE because the Widows infuriatingly jump around. Also why do you reply to everything like you've been accosted?

Edited by GraveKnight
quotes add extra spaces for some reason.
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GraveKnight said:

I think it's funny how @AgentX ignores the other issue with the fire other than cutting off entrance to the room. The insta-killing no matter the circumstance even if you are fighting the boss and all you did was jump back to get out of an aoe or you got kicked into the fire. This is mostly a concern with the Widows. Furthermore the death fire doesn't make sense, if it were just to cut off entrance to the fight you could do that with doors.

Every single dungeon is big enough for u to cowardly kitting anything.

 

If u don't have that little sense of environment you r in at (especially at high levels) just uninstall.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What adds insult to injury is bosses still can reset. It happens more in the field rather than in dungeons though. It's quite annoying when that happens, and then you get someone that behaves way to aggressive to others. Anyway I do agree that it does seem unnecessary. especially when people rushing ahead don't necessarily consider others who can be behind for multiple innocent reasons such as being stuck in combat which we should all know can be overprotective..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...