Frostscale Basin Wheel of Fate RNG really suck or bugged?

sansmokka

• 3 years later...

This was a 2016 thread. The rng is these has always been very bad. Some people can get what they want in a few spins. Some people have been spinning since 2016 and still not get anything worth. That's how rng works. It's uncertain because it's random. Add that NC refuses or doesn't care about posting actual chances, though some people believe the chance to get the coveted item is usually at 0.5% or even 0.1%.

The only way to get around is never count your attempts. Only do it when you feel like it, as with RNG there are no differences between spending hundreds or one essences nor whether you spin at day or night, even knowing chances does not really told you whether your roll will yield you the item you want when you roll it.

You 2 sounds like Apple users. You find a problem, tell about it, and the community say that YOU are the problem instead of seeing, the actal problem.

the wheel is 1-8.

Unless you use a cheat die or a bugged rng, you will not get the same number in that few of trys.

I repeat. 15/23 went to the same number, thats not random. thats rigged.

1st 5 rolls. 3 went to nr3.

2nd 5 rolls. all went to nr3.

3rd 5 rolls. 2 went to nr3.

4th 5 rolls. 3 went to nr3.

last 3 rolls, 2 went to nr3.

Sry for bad word, but I call Bullcrap on that.

45 minutes ago, MacKnight said:

You 2 sounds like Apple users. You find a problem, tell about it, and the community say that YOU are the problem instead of seeing, the actal problem.

the wheel is 1-8.

Unless you use a cheat die or a bugged rng, you will not get the same number in that few of trys.

I repeat. 15/23 went to the same number, thats not random. thats rigged.

1st 5 rolls. 3 went to nr3.

2nd 5 rolls. all went to nr3.

3rd 5 rolls. 2 went to nr3.

4th 5 rolls. 3 went to nr3.

last 3 rolls, 2 went to nr3.

Sry for bad word, but I call Bullcrap on that.

Unfortunately there is NO specification nor requirements that does not allow an RNG algorithm or anything run the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing thing from picking the same number more than once.  That's how randomness works. 

Want another example ? Russian Roulette.  You have 6 shooters load 1 chamber with bullet, leave 5 empty and roll the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing thing.  keep playing and you may ended up blowing your head But remember that SAME chamber can get picked more than once. Means that if chamber num 2 got picked, then you roll again you can end up having chamber num 2 picked again, roll again same thing can happen.   Until eventually you hit the one that contain the bullet. 

19 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Unfortunately there is NO specification nor requirements that does not allow an RNG algorithm or anything run the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing thing from picking the same number more than once.  That's how randomness works. 

Want another example ? Russian Roulette.  You have 6 shooters load 1 chamber with bullet, leave 5 empty and roll the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing thing.  keep playing and you may ended up blowing your head But remember that SAME chamber can get picked more than once. Means that if chamber num 2 got picked, then you roll again you can end up having chamber num 2 picked again, roll again same thing can happen.   Until eventually you hit the one that contain the bullet. 

This is random number; 3, 7, 2, 4, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 8, 7, 8, 3, 2, 8, 4, 1, 3, 7, 5, 5, 3, 5, 4, 2, 6, 7, 1, 2, 4 
Do you see anywhere, where it looks like: 
1, 4, 6, ,3, 3 ,3 ,3, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 6, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

That a rng that has a problem. Do ya see the problem mate?

As I said, it's called rng, but it favors indeed certain results. The uncertainty lies in the fact that it can yield it's best prizes quickly to some people, while others will be left with no prize at all after many tries. In the case of these, the random number generator is still tied to a set chance per number and favors the results with the cheapest or no rewards. The same system is used on loot gamble boxes when they check on what to give you as you open them. Every prize has a chance associated with it, with the better stuff always having the smallest chances. The wheels of fate have a pie texture with some bigger sections than others. The biggest parts of this pie represent the worst prizes or no prize at all, with the smaller pieces of the pie representing the best most desirable prizes.

People still refer to it all as rng, even if the chance of one result is lower than the chance of some other thing. So in essence, it's not real, or at least not equal rng.

9 hours ago, MacKnight said:

This is random number; 3, 7, 2, 4, 3, 4, 3, 1, 5, 8, 7, 8, 3, 2, 8, 4, 1, 3, 7, 5, 5, 3, 5, 4, 2, 6, 7, 1, 2, 4 
Do you see anywhere, where it looks like: 
1, 4, 6, ,3, 3 ,3 ,3, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 6, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

That a rng that has a problem. Do ya see the problem mate?

Clearly you didnt even bother reading what i'm saying.  The ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing RNG DOES ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ING allow SAME result.  I wonder what makes it so hard to grasp that simple concept.

4 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Clearly you didnt even bother reading what i'm saying.  The ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing RNG DOES ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ING allow SAME result.  I wonder what makes it so hard to grasp that simple concept.

And you Clearly aint reading Mine.

Thing with RNG is that, there are multiply types of RNG. Some are more fair than other types. Mmo games usually use the unfair type RNG. RNG that has RNG that has RNG in it to make it even worse.

Example of "fair" RNG: Wheel has 8 slots so have computer randomly choose a number between 1-8. That makes the chance on all 8 items be 1/8. Clearly that's not what is being used here.

Example of more unfair RNG: Computer has certain chances to choose certain numbers like getting numbers 4,2 and 5 has been made 75% chance, getting numbers 1 and 3 is 23% chance and getting 6 and 7 is 1.5% chance leaving number 8 with only 0.5% chance to get.

These are only examples and do not represent anything in the game. Only the devs know how exactly their RNG works. But my second example is something you can expect it to be like however probably way more complex. To make it worse for the wheel spinners someone could "steal" your item drop by managing to spin in between your spins and triggering the Win spin (happened to me once) since both of you activate the exact same piece of code so the results are not individualized.

What i mean by that is IF the wheel "decides" that 14th spin gives you outfit, then the first person to spin that specific wheel at 14th mark will get it. So if you spin 13 times and second person spins 1 time after your 13th spin, he still gets the outfit since he was the 14th. That is why some people never get anything while others always seem to get all of it. Sometimes resulting in very unfair distribution of rewards.