Why make NA server harder?

LazyFox

I have noticed the required exp, for hongmoon level is different.

I just reached level 50 with hongmoon level 5. And I am seeing that to get to hongmoon level 6, you need 2,008,000 exp points.

However, if the KR server, which I have been playing for 3 years, you need 960,000 experience points. 

Why do NA server try to make things harder?

For example, the Yeti in Korea is 3.21 million HP, while here it's 7.77 million HP.

A lot of bosses in NA server have HP twice as much as other regions.

What's the reason behind it?

So you noticed the bosses have more hp, are you going to tell me you didn't notice we ALSO have WAY MORE HP than the other regions???

Let's not even start on this subject, in comparison with the rest of the asian servers our content is way easier. We DO NOT need it even more nerfed

Just now, Taemek said:

Because our stats and various other stuff is more then the other clients.

I don't remember like that, yeah, our HP was lower, but the DPS was equal. 

And the exp we get from mobs are similar as well. The exp from the Frostscale Basin seems to be similar or same as KR version. 

While I stopped playing after Hongmoon level 12 in KR server while I was in Korea, the real exp challange was from hongmoon level 10

I went to blade and soul ncsoft in KR website, and they have a table, and compared to what we have are going through, it is definitely harder. 

Just now, xSonatax said:

So you noticed the bosses have more hp, are you going to tell me you didn't notice we ALSO have WAY MORE HP than the other regions???

Let's not even start on this subject, in comparison with the rest of the asian servers our content is way easier. We DO NOT need it even more nerfed

Having more HP for ourselves are not the primary matter, the question is can you dps more or not.

I specifically remember when I had before and after hongmoon levels, the dps is about similar or equal at most.

Sure, we have some additional features to add dps, but the individual dps has not changed too much compared when they released in Korea

1 minute ago, LazyFox said:

Having more HP for ourselves are not the primary matter, the question is can you dps more or not.

I specifically remember when I had before and after hongmoon levels, the dps is about similar or equal at most.

Sure, we have some additional features to  dd dps, but the individual dps has not changed too much compared when they released in Korea

You will also notice that all our stats are much higher then other regions, case in point is when they were doing all 15 floors of Mushins Tower with only 360ish AP.

Compare to TW server 1 year ago most likely few day after lv 50 expansion.

our yeti has m.33 mil more hp

TW gear at that time is pretty the same as western right now (character level weapon also true pirate) then why western made it more harder ?

Also here present yeti with current gear (awakened breeze)

When you say gear, I assume you are simply talking about wep/accesories. Because our soulshields are diff than in ANY other region. And in case you didn't notice, soulshields are part of our main source of damage, not just the weapon.

We have a client that it's literally adapted for us and keeps evolving towards our needs in many levels. You are trying to compare dps without taking in consideration all the rest of the stats we are getting against our environment. So sure bosses have more HP, but don't have double damage :/ nor they have extra mechanics, or by any means are harder, they only live a little bit longer, while WE DO TOO due to our retarded hp. The only reason some bosses enrage is due to many people trying to fight them being way too undergeared. 

If you played our beta, which I'm guessing you haven't, you would have noticed how MUCH our version was nerfed already on release. I sadly remember how fun it was to fight even a small boss like Naksun, since he would *cricket* slap you 2 out 3 times you fought him, the challenge itself would give so much satisfaction. Now he's so nerfed he only tickles.

The game is perfectly doable as it is right now, people just want to be able to jump in and get everything easy, and either solo or 2 man content that is supposed to be done with a group.

Again, we do not need another nerf. 

Did you really play other version?

Right now everything are the same

all level 45 soulshield right now on other server is the same as western has. (no one bother to upgrade it's stats on any website anyway since no one doing old content).

same for level 50 soulshield

weapon acc. HP every stats everything are the same nothing different except western boss HP has most likely 2x more.

If you watch some of Jaesung's video and stream, he explains that the reason why NA server is harder or why boss has more hp is because NA players complains too much on the survey that the game is too easy. Since its too easy for NA player, NCsoft has increase the difficulty.

SEA players are a lot smarter and don't complain so it was left  the same.

5 minutes ago, Cloud Vaper said:

If you watch some of Jaesung's video and stream, he explains that the reason why NA server is harder or why boss has more hp is because NA players complains too much on the survey that the game is too easy. Since its too easy for NA player, NCsoft has increase the difficulty.

SEA players are a lot smarter and don't complain so it was left  the same.

This.

Compared to other MMO's, this game is shockingly easy. For example Plane of Time, in the original Everquest, took my guild months to learn and the final boss took us over an hour to beat.

That moment when Blackwyrm was buffed to 91mil hp when everyone was still getting Awakened Siren, a single tear for the BW farmers in that moment.

However, I said everything was normal in my surveys because I found different levels of personal difficulty when trying out different classes.  There is no doubt that the 'core' content is easy but the game clearly favours ranged right now making it feel harder for melee classes.  

4 minutes ago, xSonatax said:

And I was among the people voting on the surveys that it was easy.

Well, it is. The fact that there are 4 dungeons in total you need a group to finish while leveling to 43/45 is ridiculous.

I also don't see why people would complain that the game is harder than somewhere else. Git gud, problem solved. As long as it is doable without planning for 8 weeks it is fine. In fact, that people apparently already finished with the new story line just shows the game is way too easy. So any increase in difficulty is warranted.

Well the bosses have more HP and we have more HP, BUT that's still stupid. Stuff still takes way longer to kill. Damage progression in this game is more or less lineary, if you double the hp we will have to kill the mob nearly twice as long, even if you give us a bit more AP (unless you double it lel).

But then again, what's the reason behind doubling HP - just delaying stuff. While i'm all for longer content, i doubt boringly long bossfights are the way to go. 

But i have to be fair i guess, i dont think i would have notices or cared if it wasnt for this thread :P

14 hours ago, LazyFox said:

I have noticed the required exp, for hongmoon level is different.

I just reached level 50 with hongmoon level 5. And I am seeing that to get to hongmoon level 6, you need 2,008,000 exp points.

Why do NA server try to make things harder?

What's the reason behind it?

On CN/TW that are F2P, 

L0-1 requires 0 EXP, grants 500 health, 0 attack, 6 defense, 6 parry, and 8 dodge.
L1-2 requires 750K EXP, grants 566 health, 0 attack, 7 defense, 7 parry, and 9 dodge.
L2-3 requires 900K EXP, grants 641 health, 2 attack, 8 defense, 8 parry, and 11 dodge.
L3-4 requires 1M EXP, grants 726 health, 2 attack, 9 defense, 9 parry, and 12 dodge.
L4-5 requires 1.138M EXP, grants 822 health, 4 attack, 10 defense, 10 parry, and 14 dodge.
L5-6 requires 2.008M EXP, grants 931 health, 4 attack, 12 defense, 12 parry, and 16 dodge.
L6-7 requires 3M EXP, grants 1054 health, 6 attack, 13 defense, 13 parry, and 18 dodge.
L7-8 requires 5M EXP, grants 1194 health, 6 attack, 15 defense, 15 parry, and 21 dodge.
L8-9 requires 8M EXP, grants 1352 health, 8 attack, 17 defense, 17 parry, and 23 dodge.
L9-10 requires 10M EXP, grants 1531 health, 8 attack, 20 defense, 20 parry, and 27 dodge.
Total: Requires 31.796M EXP, grants 9317 health, 40 attack, 117 defense, 117 parry, and 159 dodge.

Plus you do not need to unlock hongmoon level like other regions.

People needs to stop comparing to KR version which is P2P.

Archived