Should I play this game... again?

DianaLuna

So, I've played this game since day 1 release on western (f2p here), and I had my breaks.... Made a fm to 39, a blade master to 43.... Took quite the time deciding which character to play, but than the warlock came...

I was in a break when the warlock showed up so I went and installed the game again to play with the warlock. 

Got to say, I fell in love.... BUT, that burnout feeling, that sensation that the game is gona be boring made me uninstall it (made it to 23 with the warlock, but uninstalled 3 days after warlock release)

During the break I started playing warframe again, but started getting repetitive again, so I thought: "It might be nice if I play B&S again." , but after I installed the game (uninstalled warframe), a few hours later I uninstalled, since I had again the feeling of burnout (didn't even get my character to lvl 24). I wanted to just feel the excitment of playing the game, but I completly lost it after I started playing again.

Uninstalled B&S and went back to warframe, but the question still remained "Did I do the right choice in going to warframe? Or should I force myself into B&S and see if I can enjoy the game as much as I did in the day 1 release?".

Well, I'm now in the forums writing this wall of text to ask YOU if is it worth going back, if I should try to enjoy the game, or just leave and stick to warframe.

Best Regards,

DianaLuna/Aaron Orion

PS: This is NOT an attempt to advertise a game, I just thought if you guys knew the whole story you could help me with my choice.

My advice would be: Don't "force" yourself into anything. Games are meant to be enjoyed and you can't force something to be enjoyable. I personally am on my way out of here, with the release of Tree of Savior coming up. But there's a lot of people who do enjoy this game so play what feels fun to you.

Is it worth playing if you're already bored? No, big fat giant nope.

PvE gear progression is halted by forced PvP, otherwise you simply play this game in order to do the same dailys repeatables every single day to grind for gold.

The boss encounters in this game are incredibly bad, the mechanics are bland and simply prey on cheap mechanics when meanwhile your greatest enemy in this game is the games lighting system being so damn blindingly light that it makes it crazy hard depending on the zone to actually see the yellow/red aoe circles, following that, the games combat system is designed with PvP in mind, which is why PvE in this game is basically a terrible mash up of 3 buttons.

This game offers nothing to a pure PvE player, unless your intention is to PvP, just save your self the trouble and don't get to the point of where you enjoy the game, but then you get cheesed off that the game actually fails to deliver anything properly, playing BnS is almost like being a bot gold farmer, there's no difference in what you're doing in comparison to them, true story.

if you don't feel happy or think you are playing the game like a job you hate, better stay away from this game for while.

Games are meant to be fun. I also skipped some days because i got burned leveling 2 chars and went play some GTA online/Far Cry 4 now i'm back for some more days.

What's up with installing and uninstalling? Do you pay per byte?

Also this game is perfect for pure PvE players. You don't have to PvP at all to upgrade gear I don't know what people are talking about. 90% of my friend list pves and farms dungeons all day 24/7 happily. 

I think I got bipolar from reading your thread, goodbye forever 

Whether or not you should play isn't what you should ask yourself, what you should ask yourself is if it's worth playing. What do you play it for? Is it because it looks good, do you want to win, or do you just want to play and enjoy the game for what it's worth? Perhaps you should try to find that out before anything so you know what your motives are, that way you don't feel burnt out so easily.

I played this game with my mind set on being the best Assassin NA. I don't think about how long it'll take, I just try my best to do it. Not sure if you're willing to read this but this is how:

I never asked about things I'm not doing unless I'm close to doing it. When I first started I had no clue what HM 5 meant by someone's name on loading screen, never asked even though it interested me. Instead--I looked at what was infront of me, that way I don't realize how far I am from my goal.

Sure, skills looked nice, I got beat by alot of assassins in Pvp and it only amazed me to see moves I never saw before; I couldn't wait to learn them. But I never thought of how hard it might be to get to their level.

I made sure to take in all the lovely art of the game along the way, even watched the cut-scenes a couple times, I won't say I didn't rush it a couple times but only because I wanted to continue playing.

When I farm, even if it turns out to be the wrong dungeon (I farmed an entire soul shield set before I realized I could get a better one for less work, had to start over) I just take it as a new experience and information I might use later in the future.

You probably don't do this--but never try to multi quest for different areas, it only makes you realize how big the map is and becomes overwhelming~

Just play with a purpose and a positive mindset if you do decide to come back. Think of the progress as just extra gametime... because ultimately you're playing for fun right? Even if competitively. It all starts with love for the game.

Edit: I also play Warframe(xBox)

I've moved on to ASTA great game so far by the way

Can't say anything else since they are deleted any negative comments with other games being recommended :)

IMHO don't come back move on but I wouldn't uninstall since you never know NCsoft may actually do something

in the future like real servers, proper dealings with bots, boxing and bugs. I won't lie they have never dealt with

anything well in the past

If the miracle does happen and we suddenly see good FPS and no lagging, crashes etc, bots being dealt with etc

just think how good it will be for you. The people at the end game will be long-time players from now but you'll

have a nice fresh batch of players that are less salty and i'm sure you would enjoy the game more. As it is now

I miss things especially my clan mates and the skills but never get the urge to play anymore and I feel I am letting

my clan mates down but its about releasing stress and enjoying your playtime, I simply don't get this

9 hours ago, Brand X said:

Ever think, just don't uninstall the game, and play it at your whim?  It is f2p?  :)

This is what i thought after i read OP. lol 

Maybe installing and uninstalling games is another game? 

Be your own person. We should not have to decide what you value as entertainment and we certainly are not entitled to do it.

Generally, if the game entertains you, it's doing its job. Doesn't matter if its repetitive, you can supplement any game with other games that don't share its weaknesses. 

Like other already said, this game PvE is meh, story not good at all and with the Silverfrost the English voice gotten even worse than before. This game is good if you stay F2P account forever and play once in a while, and don't spend any money on it. 

In my experience as a veteran gamer, if you gotta force yourself to get into it, or want to play it because of a nostalgia feeling well then you won't get into it again. It seems like you aren't getting very far in the game, and you want to enjoy it for whatever reason but you're not. I mean you can try of course if you want but I think I know where this is going and I reckon you'll probably just uninstall it again :p

Archived