Losing Gem Socket when upgrading to oathbreaker!

ThunderGod

I think everyone should read the below article. Why dont you just give gem hammers to ALL characters with weapons that have 4 + slots open and NOT currently on the Silverfrost path yet? Most of these people are 'stuck' on the siren/pirate path since its so much cheaper, so all this is doing is forcing ppl to go the silverfrost path or SPEND real money to upgrade before April 27th. I have 5 lv 45 alts who will not get their gem hammer back. So what happens after April 27th? Everyone will still be screwed if they don't reach Silverfrost path? Man the things NCSoft is doing is seriously putting me off this game and its a dam shame. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO, 

4 Gem Hammers per affected character !  It cost 3 Gem Hammers PER socket at Profane, so which ever way you look at it, the players lose money.

I have seen players with all 4 slots unlocked and Evolved to Breez and ended up with one socket, so thats 3 lost slots at a cost of 4/5 Gem Hammers PER socket.

Nc seriously needs some one on their team  who as at least done 'basic' Kindergarten maths, then they 'might' understand why most things they do never work out as they should.

They did state earlier " We understand that this is not a positive player experience for those players who feel this, and we are looking into options to rectify this issue for affected players.  "

how does this  'RECTIFY' the problem. the fact still remains many players who recently spent cash on Gem Hammers have lost their paid for items, when they have paid for 2 or 3 sockets unlocking , giving them 4 Hammers that in some cases will not even unlock one slot is taking the p**s, they have still been 'robbed'

I guess, we should say thank you, because at least they have done something, But

"not a positive player experience"  Come on, be serious, How would you feel or like it if you purchased something you wanted and with no info and no warning the day after the company you purchased it from took it back. Its like buying a set of tyres for your car and the day after you go outside to go somewhere only to find you have no tyres on your car, so you telephone the company and they say " sorry, working has intended" GG have fun. Then after weeks of waiting they give you one tyre back !

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 0:47 AM, Dartaz said:

Hahaha you're so funny, you will not get your money back, that happen with oathbreaker only, if you upgrade with siren and pirate you will not lose your sockets, but if you want the "easy" way, you have chances to lose sockets, or if you haven't 4 sockets maybe with a bit of luck you can get 4 sockets, that's random, and is to the same way in all servers, if you don't read forums, reddits, or guides is not the ncsoft problem, you should read the notices if you want to do something, not everything is in the game, or tell me if you want to find the best spot to farm quartz, that information is into the game or you need to read guides?... is the same with this... so... enjoy your new weapon ;)

You lose a socket when upgrading to true breeze from pirate anyway, gl spending 9 hammers.

Well i have 4 slot open but after i upgrade my weapon i lose 2 slot o0 and need buy  hammer again its bullshit o0 and  if they fix it (and that i think never happen) what they do if people already again reopen slots and lost theyre hammers

52 minutes ago, HALLIBEL said:

Well i have 4 slot open but after i upgrade my weapon i lose 2 slot o0 and need buy  hammer again its bullshit o0 and  if they fix it (and that i think never happen) what they do if people already again reopen slots and lost theyre hammers

i hope you get your issue resolved! best of luck

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2016 at 2:46 PM, Rasky said:

I can easily afford a new set of sockets if it were to disappear, but not gonna lie, this is clear as day, blatant theft, right to your face. Do your RNG system on something not directly/indirectly related to pay systems. 

This has just happened to me, Its absolutely disgusting, Blatant Theft as well as pay to win. I started playing B&S Because the official web sight told an outrageous lie and claimed the game was not pay 2 win. As far as I am concerned Nsoft has just lost money because I will not be buying the Premium again until they refund me the Ncoins they have stolen from me. I also suggest that all players do the same.

'Next point is directed to Nsoft'. I know you are losing money from 3rd party gold selling scum and cheating players who are destroying the economy by cheating and buying Gold from the 3rd party boter/gold selling Scum, DO SOME THING ABOUT THAT AND STOP PUNISHING YOUR GOOD PLAYERS.

How to do some thing about that? make premium available for hongmoon and make sure that the player base is told that 3rd party gold sellers and buyer's are stealing the chance to buy Premium with hongmoon through legitimate channels. You need to go back and read your own fluff, give us the ethical game you promised.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a silly idea that might make everyone happy.

In other versions there's other ways to get gem hammers. in this version, there's only 2 ways. cash shop and marketplace.

My idea is to add a new type of gem hammer that's no trade to the cash shop.

This new type grants permanent sockets.

It will of course be more expensive.  How much more is up to you.

Also, it will have it's own progression, unrelated to the weapon level.

My ideas for it.

first permanent socket with them is one hammer.

second perm socket is two

third is four.

and if they are allowed to be used on the later weapons at all.

fourth is eight

fifth is sixteen.

I recommend that getting Slots 2 3 and 4 perm be allowed even on oathbreaker or true breeze.

Socket 1 is already there forever, so first socket you use new gem hammers on will be one, then the weapon will have two permanent sockets.  If you rolled 2 to start, it would replace socket 2 with a perm one, and it would still have 2 sockets, but now they will definitely stay when going to oathbreaker.

When you upgrade to a weapon that forces a reroll perm sockets will stay.  it doesn't make getting six any more likely,that's pay to win.  but if you roll 1 socket, it will get bumped to two. if you rolled 2, it would stay at 2. If you rolled three, you'd get 2 perm and one that could be rolled away.  You could make it perm with 2 more new hammers.

If you started with a 4 socket weapon, you could still convert sockets 2, 3 or even 4 to permanent.  then you could keep the gems it, and get 4, 5, or 6 sockets, but it would probably be four.

If it's perm socket you won't need to pull it's gem out to upgrade. 

This way if you pay NCoin for the new no trade hammer, it will stay. but if you get the older cheaper hammers you get warned it may not stay.

It's not pay to win, because it's still possible to get the temporary slots with ingame gold.  And you can luck out and not need them.  But if you really wanna be sure, use the new hammers.

I think this is a pretty good idea for this market.

6 hours ago, zapzap77 said:

In other versions there's other ways to get gem hammers. in this version, there's only 2 ways. cash shop and marketplace.

Not quite. Reward chests can give them, but chances are very, VERY low. Last (and I think it's only my 2nd) one I got was from the dynamic quest reward chest from Awakened Necropolis.

So yeah, it's a 3rd way... just not really a reliable one since RNG is strong on this one.

Not sure if this is related or not but I rolled a new toon today and realized I have only one gem slot open now. 3 others available via gem hammer. Looked around but cant find any info regarding a change.

Working as intended? Last week I rolled a toon and I started with the usual 2, which opened to 3 upon Blighted.

Hongmoon weapon slots are now randomized at start as far as I can tell, and more often then not it's 1, and if so, you will never get any free slots ever.

Seems you ONLY get the free upgrade to three if it started with 2, if you even still get it at all.

Seems to be working as intended.

Archived