Losing Gem Socket when upgrading to oathbreaker!

ThunderGod

hey NCsoft, can we get an official explanation to this *issue*?

I know you have the right to do whatever da fk you want with your game, but taking away what customers have paid for without any warning *beforehand* is bad ethics for business. I still remember that ninja hair style change....ppl where pretty fkin upset about it....no warning...no patch notes, it feels like this company is a big scammer.

Keeping quiet about this shiet isn't gonna make your reputation any better.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This matter, combined with the current complete HOLE in account security, has to put NCSoft up there at worst MMO management and launch of all time... I have absolutely no words at this point. I've asked for all financial information to be removed from my account in a support ticket.

No communication from NCSoft about the loophole in security.

No communication about gameguard and the constant lag, lockups and disconnects for 2-3 days.

And of course, no official communication from NCSoft on this matter other than they understand this must make people who think they are affected feel bad... for 2 weeks.

Ire? Heh. I think I've moved beyond rational thought this morning.

Got to love how blatantly this company ignores serious customer issues including the many which involve real cash transactions,, if your very lucky you may get 'we are aware' or 'we are working on a fix'  but that is all you will get, nothing will actually get done about it, this company is all about the money, not the game, they dont care about the game and they certainly dont care about the customers.

I can easily afford a new set of sockets if it were to disappear, but not gonna lie, this is clear as day, blatant theft, right to your face. Do your RNG system on something not directly/indirectly related to pay systems. 

Im so tired of this *cricket*ing spaghetti code. They simply wont admit it was a mistake, im on the 5 email now, asking for a screenshot where it shows a warning from when i opened my 4th slot. They have sent the same screenshot every single time from when i upgraded the weapon. Either they need some serious english skills or they dont even read the tickets anymore

3 hours ago, AngusArmsved said:

Im so tired of this *cricket*ing spaghetti code. They simply wont admit it was a mistake, im on the 5 email now, asking for a screenshot where it shows a warning from when i opened my 4th slot. They have sent the same screenshot every single time from when i upgraded the weapon. Either they need some serious english skills or they dont even read the tickets anymore

The warnings only occur when you are on transformations where you will lose gems, as I understand it -- such at Oathbreaker or True Breeze. I do not know if you get prompted to remove gems if you try to do a transformation with gems prior to Blight, but I know you can lose sockets then as well.  You can do transformations from right after Blight all the way up to anything before Oathbreaker or True Breeze without having to take gems out, like say hujikar or profane etc.

No such documentation in game existed prior to 3/30, and the documentation that exists now just says it can happen but it does not specify where it will happen. The product description used to just say that you can only buy 5 a day, it changed on 3/30 to be more verbose with a "warning."

The whole issue is way beyond a joke now,   They know exactly they they are doing, which is why the silence, they are simply getting away with it. pretty sure they are in breach of consumer laws here, but they know, if anybody really complains they will just ban the account, so they know they can literally 'get away with murder' and no one will really say anything. It just show what type of company this really is.

Makes you wonder, they have been getting away with so much already and I'm pretty sure it wont end here there will be more to come. I love Blade and Soul, but this version is far from anything near the 'original version' this is just pure business and pushing the boundaries of online micro transaction laws

like many f2p games, companies will sneak their way into our wallets even if they go against the consumer law. It's quite sad that they are continuing to be silent. I'm guessing they wont fix anytime soon.

I can afford the sockets, but I don't want to give any money to Ncsoft or use my gold to buy a socket in MP.

I went from True Pirate to True Breeze, I ended up with ONLY 1 gem socket. I had to re-open the other sockets. I opened it all the way to 5 sockets... it hurt so bad. I was going to open up the 6th gem socket, then saw that it needed 9 hammers (lmao), yeah.. ok, no.

I'm still hoping they're going to do right by their paying customers, but I'm actually beginning to worry that they won't and that they do not actually care about anything more than making money. Every choice they've made lately feels like a blatant cash grab and gouge right and left, whether it's accidental or not. I want to believe in NCSoft, that they'll address their customers and make it right, but they've not said anything more about this and they can't just keep dragging it out forever. People want answers.

As much as I love the game, it feels terribly mismanaged by the greediest of uncaring people who don't care about the game or its customers having fun with their game, but instead only wanting customers to be spending money at every turn. I don't mind spending money supporting a game I love, but it seems even money spent in good faith isn't going to be met by the same spirit.

Please make this right, NCSoft, and address your community and explain your choices and reasoning behind them. Reimburse those who have purchased items in good faith, only to have their purchase taken away from them without warning such could happen at time of purchase.

16 hours ago, Kadirra said:

I'm still hoping they're going to do right by their paying customers, but I'm actually beginning to worry that they won't and that they do not actually care about anything more than making money. Every choice they've made lately feels like a blatant cash grab and gouge right and left, whether it's accidental or not. I want to believe in NCSoft, that they'll address their customers and make it right, but they've not said anything more about this and they can't just keep dragging it out forever. People want answers.

As much as I love the game, it feels terribly mismanaged by the greediest of uncaring people who don't care about the game or its customers having fun with their game, but instead only wanting customers to be spending money at every turn. I don't mind spending money supporting a game I love, but it seems even money spent in good faith isn't going to be met by the same spirit.

Please make this right, NCSoft, and address your community and explain your choices and reasoning behind them. Reimburse those who have purchased items in good faith, only to have their purchase taken away from them without warning such could happen at time of purchase.

I don't think they care. I experienced a bug using a character alteration voucher where somehow a couple of the changes I made were not applied. I immediately (within minutes) created a support ticket and after several replies back and forth they told me since they were unable to reproduce the bug they will not give me another voucher.

• NCSOFT

Following up on AveryCloseCall's last post, we have been actively working on addressing the concerns players have encountered while upgrading their weapons within the Silverfrost Mountain update.

We are still finalizing all of the details on what our next steps will be and will provide these details to the community as soon as they are completed. In the meantime, we have updated the description on Gem Hammers and are making a formal request to the development team to look into changing this portion of the upgrade system based on your feedback.

If you have been holding back on upgrading your weapon, we encourage you to go ahead and upgrade. If you have already lost some of your Gem Sockets opened with Gem Hammers during the upgrade process after True Profane, we will soon be able to share details on how we’ll assist you.

Thank you for your patience.

1 hour ago, VRock said:

wow ^ amazing. Hope the Development team change the system. Don't understand why they like that much RNG on weapon. Maybe for CN spend more money buying gem hammers?

They are not going to change the system, this is how it works in all other versions, which is fine now we know, although other versions have a better availability of Gem Hammers in game, what they are looking into is the fact the system was introduced in the silverfrost patch with no warnings or info at all to the player base and more so to players who recently paid for Gem Hammers only to lose them within a few days without warning. it was around a full week before there was any info posted that this system was now in the game.

They deleted my post....  About being redirected to their legal team.  WTF?...  Censorship much?....

Glad to see they are FINALLLLLY addressing it though.  Illegal practices should be discouraged.    Hopefully the way they redress it will be sufficient, and they wont back slide and do similar again.

um ya ill be holding off going from pirate to true breeze until i see resolution for this issue.  If there is no resolution, Ill just quite the game.  It is that simple.  I dont like being blatantly robbed of my real world money.  If there was no cash shop and this was design id be okay with it.  But since i paid real world money I am not and never will be.

NCSoft you're on notice. 

2 hours ago, LOLCats said:

um ya ill be holding off going from pirate to true breeze until i see resolution for this issue.  If there is no resolution, Ill just quite the game.  It is that simple.  I dont like being blatantly robbed of my real world money.  If there was no cash shop and this was design id be okay with it.  But since i paid real world money I am not and never will be.

NCSoft you're on notice. 

I also won't be upgrading until after this is formally addressed somehow -- either with an official patch/fix that changes existing behavior, or with a change to existing drop rates/acquisition of gem hammers so that it won't be an issue to work within the existing system. I don't want to upgrade now, find myself going to 1 gem socket, and then ... waiting for an indefinite period of time. My play time, financial investment rate (rate at which I spend money), they have tapered off as a result of this. I'm just not willing to be burned again. Or fight again.

If it's not fixed in some "fair" way, because as I've said before this doesn't just "feel unfair," it is unfair -- then I won't be upgrading, and that pretty much translates to not playing, not resubbing, not spending. Definitely not paying ncoin for things even remotely like gem hammers.

Archived