Losing Gem Socket when upgrading to oathbreaker!

ThunderGod

Just had this happen to me last night.  I spend what free time I have playing the game, not scanning reddit or even this forum on the chance something might be revealed.  I was shocked when I upgraded and actually lost a slot (4 to 3) , outraged when the upgrade tells me it will take FIVE hammers plus 1G60S to restore my sockets.

I've been following the upgrade path for my weapon as outlined when clicked on - I had no idea (and still don't understand) at what point I went down the Oathbreaker path vs. the Pirate path - I don't recall having to make a call around that.

This just seems to be a pure money grab by NCSoft per my perception.  13 days left in my subscription, and if this is how they are going to behave,  I'm likely not to renew.  At least it was a good storyline...

For what its worth, I DESPISE the Cash-for-Gold exchange.  Between it and crap like this, IMHO its turned end-game into a pure P2W play.  Many of my friends have moved onto other game, like Path of Exile (which just released a new expansion), over issues like this.  Suspect I'll be joining them.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2016 at 9:03 AM, Sitruuna said:

I didn't read all the messages in this thread, but just came to say that I also got this problem and feel frustated to having spent my money for nothing. I would be happy if NCsoft would even refund the Ncoins. I sent a message to game support, look what they said:

This is what I sent:

[removed]

The answer:

[removed: please refrain from posting customer support tickets on the forums.]

What kind of censorship is this?

12 minutes ago, Nutrient said:

What kind of censorship is this?

Apparently in this thread, moderators have chosen to remove communication to and from customer support even though they have not done so elsewhere in the forums. I myself was curious about this as well, it seems selective and inconsistent.

The poster did not actually post the support ticket as the mod states concerning the removal, he posted his own written version of what he sent in then what they replied, IF he had actually posted the actual ticket or a IMGUR then I would understand, but he didn't.

He posted this after the patch when still there was no news and no info concerning the new weapon evolve system, he posted that he had sent in a ticket to say he had just evolved his weapon a few days after spending cash on unlocking the Gem Sockets and it had removed the recently purchased Sockets during the evolve and could they help. the reply he got was short and sweet and just said 'working as intended' 

I have a printscreen of it, because I thought the answer he had been given was  a bit of a shocking reply  and not something you would of expected, it is now a large point of discussion in my guilds forums after posting it there.

7 minutes ago, myuna said:

The poster did not actually post the support ticket as the mod states concerning the removal, he posted his own written version of what he sent in then what they replied, IF he had actually posted the actual ticket or a IMGUR then I would understand, but he didn't.

He posted this after the patch when still there was no news and no info concerning the new weapon evolve system, he posted that he had sent in a ticket to say he had just evolved his weapon a few days after spending cash on unlocking the Gem Sockets and it had removed the recently purchased Sockets during the evolve and could they help. the reply he got was short and sweet and just said 'working as intended' 

I have a printscreen of it, because I thought the answer he had been given was  a bit of a shocking reply  and not something you would of expected, it is now a large point of discussion in my guilds forums after posting it there.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Myuna! As I said, I've continued to see people copy and paste communications both to and from customer support -- what they seem to have sent in and received, elsewhere in the forums, so it really did seem curious that it had been removed here and not elsewhere. If the poster was paraphrasing, and it violated the CoC of the forums, I can understand the moderation.

I myself have a long string of various responses from customer support at this point, and have also seen the "working as intended" response. It did indeed contrast with other responses I had received, and I can understand it being upsetting.

1 minute ago, myuna said:

a guy posted on Reddit last week:

My True Breeze weapon when I had just upgraded it

It took 21 gem hammers (2.3g each on market) and ~6 gold to unlock all the slots. I previously had all slots unlocked on my True Pirate weapon.

This confirms what I had been told might happen, and that going siren/pirate only postpones the inevitable -- there is no way "around" this "feature" of the game.

That it is and was "working as intended" but neither communicated nor advertised as such is abhorrent. As already mentioned above, to be so slow to redress a matter involving virtual goods is rather abysmal on their part.

This is  typical modern western publisher mentality, seen this happen with practically every very successful korean game which as been 'westernised', sad but this is how it is and why I still play TW and CN servers, you know what your getting there and you know it gets fixed if there's issues, they even have live chat support ! something I have never seen in the west.

So, this is a basic 'we're *cricket*ed either way' scenario... might as well keep it at True Pirate and evolve everything else to the end... and then MAYBE start all over and then go up to Breeze on THAT weapon because at least we'll have a still good weapon as a backup first.

Seriously, this is just inane on so many lvls...

20 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

So, this is a basic 'we're *cricket*ed either way' scenario... might as well keep it at True Pirate and evolve everything else to the end... and then MAYBE start all over and then go up to Breeze on THAT weapon because at least we'll have a still good weapon as a backup first.

Seriously, this is just inane on so many lvls...

Pretty much yes.

The system itself is fine, they do have this in other versions, although other versions have far better resources of Gem Hammers and always have, one character I have on CN has over 100 in the bank, it is more about no one seemed to have any idea we would be getting this in the Silverfrost patch, at the time of the patch no one knew anything.

The REAL point here, is we were told a week pre patch we would NOT be getting this system and then nothing was said until a week after the patch when there was a post on Twitter stating info 'soon' and now we are 2 weeks post patch and still there is no official statement concerning this system and how it works or at what weapon stage, we are only going of players experiences to 'try' and work out how it works.

LooooL

I feel sorry for everyone that happened this.

But i think NcSoft could've warned people about Oathbreaker/Breeze path, it happens in others regions aswell.

As i played on TW, i warned some friends to unlock max 4th slot, i let mine on 3rd only, since it happened to me on TW(i did choose Oathbreaker path on NA too), i bough and saved my gems hammer to use after upgrading...

Hope NcSoft or any Mod look into this topic and give back gems to ppl who wasted it, and modify this thing, also warn everyone about it or simply refund people.

14 hours ago, EasleyRR said:

LooooL

I feel sorry for everyone that happened this.

But i think NcSoft could've warned people about Oathbreaker/Breeze path, it happens in others regions aswell.

As i played on TW, i warned some friends to unlock max 4th slot, i let mine on 3rd only, since it happened to me on TW(i did choose Oathbreaker path on NA too), i bough and saved my gems hammer to use after upgrading...

Hope NcSoft or any Mod look into this topic and give back gems to ppl who wasted it, and modify this thing, also warn everyone about it or simply refund people.

What the advantages of going oathbreaker path?

46 minutes ago, Saksoy said:

What the advantages of going oathbreaker path?

well, going off player experience, as there is still no official info or explanation how it works, but it seems, if your go Profane > Oathbreaker your Gem sockets get rerolled and then they stay, but without confirmation this is still unknown, while if you go Siren > Pirate > Breeze the sockets reroll at the Pirate > Breeze stage, so although Pirate path is far cheaper and still uses Moonwater Transformation stones, when you get to Breeze the amount of Gem Hammers per socket is more. so Oathbreaker would cost less Hammers, we think, but the upgrades are more expensive.

But again until there is official confirmation or info everything is player guesswork at the moment, and in all honesty I dont think NCwest know exactly how it works, I dont think they even knew this system was included in the last patch, it took them a week to answer players tickets and questions concerning it and then they dont say anything except 'working as intended'

I dont think were going to hear anything from them at all now, the 'storm' as passed, just as expected same happened with the Mail to alts, Salvaging cash costumes issues and the many more still 'working on'

This is how its going to be, so expect more to come

On 3/23/2016 at 7:15 PM, LOLCats said:

uh this has to be a bug... id be freaking out since of course i bought gem hammers from cash shop too.

I posted a ticket trying to revert my wep to true profane and the guy said the following... (I left out the GM's name to save him/her from some hate)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting the Blade & Soul Support Team. The issue that you described is working as intended.

If you feel that the functionality should be changed or could be improved, you are more than welcome to post your suggestion on our Official Forums. You can find them at the link below:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

GM
NCSOFT Support Team

I completely invested into this game and a GM essentially said "sorry, we can't help you" when I wanted my sword reverted to true profane from oathbreaker because of the wasted money I put in the game. This is game breaking for me because I work too hard to let my money go *POOF* like that. I believe I'm going to stop playing entirely from this, I kinda went off on a gm for telling me they can't help me.

The worst part is that the gemslots reset no matter what you can't just choose to go Siren and Pirate path to avoid this when upgrading from True Pirate to True Breeze you still lose a gemslot, it is basicly built into the game that you lose something you buy from the cashshop,

It's no different than losing your current outfit to the mainquest simply because it's part of the story that you get thrown in jail with some baggy clothes, or buying a pet in any MMO and it dying to the story line.

After sending a ticket I got the exact same answer as the poster above "working as intended" I am pretty sure this kind of stuff is not legal (especially since they didn't mention it at the time of purchase), so you might not want to say this is what you "intended" to happen.

3 hours ago, Susanooo said:

The worst part is that the gemslots reset no matter what you can't just choose to go Siren and Pirate path to avoid this when upgrading from True Pirate to True Breeze you still lose a gemslot, it is basicly built into the game that you lose something you buy from the cashshop,

It's no different than losing your current outfit to the mainquest simply because it's part of the story that you get thrown in jail with some baggy clothes, or buying a pet in any MMO and it dying to the story line.

After sending a ticket I got the exact same answer as the poster above "working as intended" I am pretty sure this kind of stuff is not legal (especially since they didn't mention it at the time of purchase), so you might not want to say this is what you "intended" to happen.

Sadly as many people have said it's not going to be changing and it is working as intended, and in reality there is no issue with this on any other server. The problem for us is gem hammers are ALMOST exclusively available for real money, you CAN get them from daily boxes, but I've been playing from closed beta and have not seen one so far. We can't even purchase them for hongmoon coins that we can earn ingame, other versions get a lot more hammers making this issue basically non existant lol

I really don't see this getting fixed if the moderators are actually censoring peoples silly support tickets.

This is terrible business ethic and will most certainly NOT warm relations between the company and their consumers. I want my gem slot that I paid for (with REAL money) back which means the only logical reasoning would be to send 5 gem hammers to each of my 4 characters whom which a forth gem slot was paid for.

4 hours ago, Danofin said:

I asked about the legality of them taking away items that were paid for, and have been forwarded to their lawyers.  So, will see where this leads.

what they are doing is a very grey area, BUT the fact that they did not and still have not officially explained when this change came into the game and how it works pretty much means they are in the wrong as no notice was given and still as not. the system is fine, it is in other versions but no notice, warning or info was given to the paying customers prior to the introduction that is were the big issue is.

In all honesty I dont expect there to be any change to the current situation, they dont really care which is quite clear now.

Another thing about this version is there is no way of emergency contact or telephone, nothing all you have is e-mail and if you send them too many or they dont want to answer your they will ban the e-mail. while in Korea, there are multiple phone lines for different problems, there is live chat support, E-mail,  they even have postal addresses listed. the differences between our version and the Original version goes alot more than just the game.

This kind of business practice reminds me of some news channel special on some sketch auto-repair company purposefully tampering with engine parts in peoples cars, not actually fixing them, so the customers will inevitably come back for more repairs. Lol. Bought gem hammers and used them? Ncsoft's response:

" Guess what, they're going to be removed with the next upgrade path because we want you to spend more of your hard earned money for no other reason other than we want your money."

Not only that, but it actually cost more gem hammers than before. So now that slot you spent two gem hammers on cost 5...and the previous two gem hammers you spent your money on completely disappears and doesn't even transfer over. What Ncsoft can atleast do is transfer the gem hammers you used on the same previous slot to the upgraded version. But...they don't even do that. All your money is completely wasted. Why even give players the option to add gem slots if further down the road it's going to be reset? Well, that's where it gets sketch. They know players will be completely ignorant about this and will unwittingly buy gem hammers to add a slot. CRICKET! 

6 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

only 5? When I went from True Pirate to True Oathbreaker I had to buy 18 gem hammers to unlock last 3 slots >_<

from true profane to oathbreaker, the 4th slot costs 5 gem hammers, which was upped from the previous 2. True Oathbreaker cost more of course.  -__-

Archived