Losing Gem Socket when upgrading to oathbreaker!

ThunderGod

@Hime @Rukkirii

This is utterly bullshit! Why do i lose my existing socket when upgrading my weapon from true profane to oathbreaker. Is this ncsoft way of milking us for stuff with already had by taking away thing we had. Now i have to pay 5 gem hammer and extra gold to get my 4th slot back, this is retard move on ncsoft.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ThunderGod said:

@Hime @Rukkirii

This is utterly bullshit! Why do i lose my existing socket when upgrading my weapon from true profane to oathbreaker. Is this ncsoft way of milking us for stuff with already had by taking away thing we had. Now i have to pay 5 gem hammer and extra gold to get my 4th slot back, this is retard move on ncsoft.

WTF !! I have not upgraded anything yet but if this is true it is utter BS,  we have paid for these extra sockets how can you take them away ??? I myself paid cash to buy Ncoin week of launch to add the extra sockets to my 2 characters weapons, you can't take away paid for items. and then charge again for the same item this is a pure blatant scam

Wow, actually for once this thread has legitimate qualms without qualifying as usual Q.Q

How can they take away a paid for item and then make you pay for it again? I mean, there's bad and then there's this.  

2 minutes ago, LOLCats said:

uh this has to be a bug... id be freaking out since of course i bought gem hammers from cash shop too.

I really hope so, and it needs fixing fast, not "working on" but fixing 

I would really like to see some official response concerning this, before I start checking up on consumer rights and laws, there is no way this could possibly be ok

4 minutes ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

Well apparently people that unlocked their 4th socket wasted Gem hammers as well because you get the 4th for free in this patch. I am going to be requesting my hammers back.

yes but end game level 50 weapons had 6 slots or they do in some of the other versions

Screen_Shot_150208_010.jpg

Uh oh, is this going to be the same situation if you used a gem hammer right at the beginning of the game before going Blight? Once you hit Blight you essentially lose that gem socket you opened with the hammer since you get a "free" slot. This better not be the case since i used gem hammers on 6 or 7 characters already...

Why does it always feel like the player gets dumped on in this game? 

then you should get 5 slots from   true profane to oathbreaker  if you have pay for the 4th slot,these people are realy dishonest

they did it with the alt mail and didnot give a reasonable response ,only lie and lie

if people red more forum/reddit would know this. I remember see this topic when mushin tower got released.

is not bug is the way others versions have it. CN is total RNG you earn more slots or less.

Then i want my hammers or NCOIN Back its that simple.    I shouldn't have to read reddit or some forum to figure out im wasting money on something that goes away.

What is NC Soft Official Response to this issue?

This has always been a thing even in KR, you can unlock them yes but when going for your next weapon upgrade that will change your weapons skin it will always revert back to it's normal way. Upgrading it more along the story will unlock the rest of the slots.

I think its not intentional.   If this was by design and I would have known,  i would have bought no Gem Hammers until max i guess if that 6th isn't free.   Otherwise if they change it now it is straight up scamming for gem hammer ncoins and I personally wont stand for it.

I should not have to know how the game works in Korea or China nor should I have to read reddit to know how the game is supposed to work. I bought gem hammers, and they persisted throughout transformations from after blight and onward.

Why would I expect any different with this content?

Adding content that wipes out the investment and forcing me to spend it again during a linear progression of an upgrade path is pretty heinous. And if they knew this was going to happen they could have said so a few days ago, several of the hammers I purchased were within the last week.

I dont care how it works in other versions of the game, they all have completely different business models, in our version I payed cash for 4 gem slots on two characters, they are clear in my transactions page on my account,  they can not remove and discard them and expect you to purchase more, that is just wrong 

I'm really sorry for you guys but it's really time for all of you to realize that when you spend money on their shop, it's at your own risk !!

Actually, I don't understand why you keep on spending your money in this game when you see all the people complaining here from troubles happening to them : 

- Some bought Ncoins to buy premium, but poof, premium disappeared from ingame shop !

- Some bought Premium on the site to achieve their conjurer event on time, but poof, a bug occured and assistance ask him to wait 10 days for the Premium to be applied !! Goodbye conjurer event ...

- Some bought "whatever" but Paypal bugs/Banks oversecured prevented the payment to be correctly debited, and poof, they got definitely banned from the game ! Even if it was unintentional on their part, and begged them to pay them all the due !! And even if they bought "founder packs" or spend hundreds of $/€ on the game !!! 

- Some bought Premium and poof, they were victim of the march banishment wave and no excuses or refund have been announced for the ones who have been unbanned some days later !

You can now add your hammer-socketing thing on the list, and it's a non-exhaustive list !

So, please, be aware when you decide to spend money on their shop, that they may not be reliable at all, and I'm pretty sure they are covered by their ToU, at their own discretion of course...

1 hour ago, Jev said:

This is not true, you have to kick your gems out to level the weapon or else it doesn't even allow me to evolve my weapon. Then after it evolve it eat one of my socket, which sucks!

About having 4th slot is a different thing, i think most of us that open sockets knew that we will get it later or think we may not and make a decision to have it open when its was cheaper. Thats our decision but taking away our socket without explaining and not part of the norm systems is really underhanded. 

7 hours ago, LOLCats said:

Then i want my hammers or NCOIN Back its that simple.    I shouldn't have to read reddit or some forum to figure out im wasting money on something that goes away.

What is NC Soft Official Response to this issue?

Hahaha you're so funny, you will not get your money back, that happen with oathbreaker only, if you upgrade with siren and pirate you will not lose your sockets, but if you want the "easy" way, you have chances to lose sockets, or if you haven't 4 sockets maybe with a bit of luck you can get 4 sockets, that's random, and is to the same way in all servers, if you don't read forums, reddits, or guides is not the ncsoft problem, you should read the notices if you want to do something, not everything is in the game, or tell me if you want to find the best spot to farm quartz, that information is into the game or you need to read guides?... is the same with this... so... enjoy your new weapon ;)

Very disappointed that there is no moderator comment on this thread by now.

I realize that after any patch there are high priority issues that require attention, but a lot of people, myself included, have spent a lot of real life money on these items -- and I would like to see some manner of response.

I have submitted a support ticket on the matter, I realize this is the full extent of what I can do -- but I'm not pleased. It's very disappointing. You had really brought my hopes up with how well you handled the level 20 survey bundle customer support tickets, hopefully this won't turn into a matter where heads get buried in the sand.

Archived