Your translation is TERRIBLE.

I can't follow along with the dialogue, what the voice actors say and what is written are two completely different things. Why can't they just read from the dialogue? Why do they have to change the output? It's nail on a chalkboard for me, how do they not read their own script? Why are people so *cricket* lazy? THIS IS SOMEBODY'S JOB. Fire that guy and Hire ME, I will make sure translation errors don't slip through the cracks. It's like the dude saw this and flat out ignored it. Do they not even respect North Americans? I mean as it is I am just not willing to pay money for this, I enjoy the storytelling and reading every bit of dialogue as they are spoken. It's an extremely immersive and powerful tool. So why do they gotta mess it up like this? Just WHAT is the process that is so broken that leaves even one word mistranslated? This is literally the EASIEST job in the world. Does the red triangle match the red triangle? No? Then it doesn't go there. You simply match the words. I am sorry I don't just spam F to go through the game as fast as possible, I ACTUALLY read this shit. I am like 5 mistranslated games away from giving up on the the english language, all north american culture and moving to a country where nothing is lost in translation and experiencing games the way they were originally designed.

So true, i don't understand how they could do this...

What they say is like a cheap version of what the text is saying. At least change the text to what the character is saying...

It feels like i'm watching a movie with a bad subtitle . Can't stand it v.v

Add that to the bad voice acting that doesn't match up with the actual character and you've done it! Guess they really want to grab the title of "Worst translation/voice acting" .

Are they roughly syncing up their words with the movement of the mouths.  That's the top priority of dubbing.  This game has been good far ( from what I have seen) at atleast syncing the beginning mouth movements and body language.  At some point one continues while the other stops from time to time.  The audio is in the same ballpark as the text even if they aren't identical.

I haven't seen the new area though.

Also, this game was not the brightest and forced that three week leveling madness.  Good for people that played other versions some how.  Bad for the rest of us.  Now everything I wanted to savor will be in some ways ruined.

@Sailor Tin Nyanko "I haven't seen the new are though" ... Pretty sure he is talking about 46+ zone. So, please wait and see xD

Pretty much everything the npc is saying does not match with the text.

Something like, npc is saying :
"Free the prisoners and meet me in..."

Text is saying

"You should free up the prisoners, you can leave them there but...meh..."

(Not even close to what the text was actually like but you get the idea)

EDIT:

Oh and the "Ceban" waiter , the one with the info (Granny inn) . He is changing from male voice to female voice for 1 line...the *cricket* x.x

Hahaha!  Thanks!  No, that's not bad.  They would have to chop the Text [down] to however the Voice Actors had to adlib to fit in the mouth movements.  They probably thought there was more relevant information that couldn't be covered/included.  I know on some things this comes down to how the Missions have things written inside your Journal.  Some times the adlibbing makes me lost compared to what is in the Journal.  Other times I needed more information then is in the Journal and between the Dubbing and Subbing I got more information that was crucial to whatever I was doing... and where I was going.

The Dubbing's Priority is matching the mouth movements.  Usually this is such a trainwreck for so many reasons and so many ways I could give this game a 98% by comparison.  I can see where there is some room for improvement now but it's still not "  This is impossible" like most games manage.

4 minutes ago, secky said:

Oh no, you can't possibly mute voices and just read text like usual other MMO's for the most part. Instead you're going to spoil brat all over this forum. Please find a rope you entitled garbage.

Someone should kill themselves for expecting subtitles to match their speech? Grow up.

Personally I haven't been overly concerned, but I have noticed typos, speech or text for another classes dialog, and text options being in the wrong order than the text/speech. Considering some people have complained about how they westernised things, it does make you wonder if it was worth the wait for a sub par job. So far I am liking the game overall though.

3 minutes ago, Getalife said:

Murica!!! Where you can cry about anything and everything

3 minutes ago, secky said:

Oh no, you can't possibly mute voices and just read text like usual other MMO's for the most part. Instead you're going to spoil brat all over this forum. Please find a rope you entitled garbage.

You know what? Screw you guys and the shit bag you crawled out of. At least I am willing to say something instead of lay complacent about a game I enjoy playing, at least I SAY what is on my mind. So what if it's whiny? Get over yourself, not everyone wants to just mute voices and read text. It's a great step in the right direction for even having voice acted dialogue, not all of it is voice acted, but it's a start much like SWTOR and others. I am glad MMO's are doing this. It's the fact that the voice acting doesn't match up with the subtitles. YES. I care about that, it is nail on a chalkboard for me. I know there is problems with bots and shit spamming everyone and infesting in our PVP, but this is as much as a problem as anything else in the game. It seems like it would be such a simple fix, like really, go into the script, listen to what the guy is saying, write it down, in the next patch it'll be fixed. No reason to call someone garbage for pointing out an error in an already flawed game. Yes, flawed, sorry to shit all over your game and make you mad, but it can be better, you deserve better. Much why I *cricket* about these things, hoping someone will read it and go "Hey, yeah I guess we did screw up. Okay, let's go and change things."

You know what's even better. NPC's having two different voices. Yeah. Saw at least 2 of those already in Silverfrost Mountains. It blew my mind when the same NPC suddenly starts talking like a different person.

3 minutes ago, Peps said:

You know what's even better. NPC's having two different voices. Yeah. Saw at least 2 of those already in Silverfrost Mountains. It blew my mind when the same NPC suddenly starts talking like a different person.

Soha's voice was reverted to that horrid cowgirl accent

Junghado got kicked in the balls...

Okay now it's a little better now that I've been able to really spend some time at it after work. Just that first section, wow. Rocky start. I'm sure there will be others, but much like the nayru temple, something is wrong with me I can't comprehend what is going on first time around when it's like that. I need to re-listen to it a few times. May be an issue with certain voice actors. Others are completely fine.

This is something I've been putting in my surveys from the beginning. From Hajoon quests on, there's tons of stuff where the voice dialog does not match the text dialog at all. Sometimes it's painful, like the clip OP posted. I do not know how difficult it would be to go in and correct the text so it matches the voice, but /I/ would do it if I could. It's frustrating at this point.

Archived