When you said you wouldn't censor anything...

VV VV

why do you complain about some stupid swastikas, 

the first outfit looks even better now without the swastika on the back.

I think removing a symbol that gets associated with the Nazi's is a good move altogh it isn't even the same symbol because it goes in the other direction.

Portraying the Nazi swastika is against the law in Germany and Austria for example, you can get sues for offences. 

While I don't particulary care about the matter one way or the other...

28 minutes ago, Arohk said:

Portraying the Nazi swastika is against the law in Germany and Austria for example, you can get sues for offences. 

False advertisement is not lawful either.

5 hours ago, Finsternis said:

While I don't particulary care about the matter one way or the other...

False advertisement is not lawful either.

you are talking about "legal deception", sadly there is no law that forbids this.

especially in the food industry. 

Advertising a "cherry juice" which is 90% apple juice and some cherry flavor.

1 minute ago, Arohk said:

you are talking about "legal deception", sadly there is no law that forbids this.

I think they're talking about "no censoring" and then censoring.  There was no half way point (or using your example 10% way point) in that.

"We won't censor!"  then they censor :p

What gets me, is there are players saying "It's okay!" when if this was political I bet they'd be the first to rip on the least favorite side and *cricket* about the lies :p

52 minutes ago, Arohk said:

Yes, people mind. The EU lawmakers already made it clear that a packaging may not be untrue, wrong, ambiguous, conflicting or unintelligible. You can not advertise juice as apple juice, when most of it is made of some other fruit.

Also, what Brand X said - there are no percentages. They didn't say "we don't censor some of it", they said "we don't censor".

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bretto said:

In this thread people say. "NCSOFT LIED TO YOU GET OVER IT!"  Doesn't anyone care about the integrity behind these games?.. because to me its becoming more nonexistent.   

Heh, you expected "integrity" from NC. That's cute~

Obviously, that's simply the ESL issue. Anyone with any sort of familiarity with how to write a document that will be scrutinized by a potentially explosive and easily offended audicene would have put something like:

NCWest did not censor the content of the original, however, some modifications, refinements and adaptations were made in order to streamline our valuable players' experience and better fit the content into the cultural spectrum of the NA/EU audience. ;)

Seriously though, I'd rather they did edit, because... yeah. I wish.

8 hours ago, Yeon said:

Really? You are butthurt over this? Lolz.

I actually support NCSoft on this one.

Which NCSoft do you support on this issue? The NCSoft that said they were not going to do any kind of censorship because they want the art to be exactly the way it was intended to be seen? Or do you support the NCSoft that changed the art AFTER they said roughly 9 times that there would be no changes because they want the art to be seen as was intended by the artists.

Just curious which one you are saying you support. 

On 21.04.2016 at 7:31 AM, Covet said:

Which NCSoft do you support on this issue? The NCSoft that said they were not going to do any kind of censorship because they want the art to be exactly the way it was intended to be seen? Or do you support the NCSoft that changed the art AFTER they said roughly 9 times that there would be no changes because they want the art to be seen as was intended by the artists.

Just curious which one you are saying you support. 

Isn't it obvious? NCWest.

Archived