When you said you wouldn't censor anything...

VV VV

The thing is it's a difference between a Hindu religious symbol that has been associated with the west in relationship to Nazi. There is still a lot of resentment to the Nazi culture and the Holocaust. The Hindu symbol is fine, but when someone who doesn't know that and sees the symbol, they will instantly think Nazi. I understand the concern on why they changed it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Ok, first of all, whoever says the sunwheel, aka swaztika, was Nazi symbol is wrong. It is and have always been a symbol of old norse, it is actually the sunwheel, or thors hammer in motion, either interpretation is depending on how you read runes etc. And saying that it is removed due to the fact the Nazi used that as part of their symbols, then christ, lets remove then the cross, cause the crusaders used that symbol in the slaughter of muslims etc, lets remove the eagles and such cause heck naxi's used them as well, if we are going to remove every symbol that a country that abused the world or its neighbours used then we would be left over with some very boring insignias, heck even wheat and barley been used and you cant even use them. At some point someone must realise that you can not keep ceonsoring things just cause some country used them in error. and another thing, if you say your not going to cencor things, then you really to come up with a really good explanation why you do that anyways.  just my 2 cents

For the swastika i can answer you. in germany, this sign is forbidded due to out of date laws. NC also offers this game to germany. they would simply not being alowed to publish it this way over here because one stupid guy, 70years ago changed the meaning of this symbol for us and lawmakers in germany still live in the past.

No, let's be fair: they stated that they didn't knew about the changes to that costume. It's probably something that KR sent already censored (speaks volumes of NA/EU market and how other regions see them) and they were unaware.
I'm also prone to keep a blind eye to the swastikas removal (although I find it very stupid and ignorant): Cyclee gave a good explanation on the motives, and they can't just ignore german laws.

The pervert's Lycandi quest though... that was just odious censorship. Very irritating, ignorant and condescending from them.
One of the worst adaptation I've ever seen.

8 hours ago, Lissy said:

<moderated content>

I think it's a matter of the removal and the okay of the removal being one viewed as someone stating "Yes, we believe you are so retarded not to know the difference, or so easily hurt and whiney and can't accept that there is a difference, that we took it out for you before you really started to get stupid over it."

Which left those who knew the difference or not hurt and whiney over it, going "But we're not any of those things!"

Also, there's the whole "They said no censorship and yet here they're doing it...again!"  NA version isn't German, so it didn't need to be removed from the NA version, and as the EU version and NA version are different regions, there's no reason it couldn't have stayed in the NA version.  After all those other countries were involved in that same war and yet the symbol is there and their regions are unaffected by it.

As for which outfit looks better, that will always be a matter of taste and just goes back to "You said no censor"  Smart thing imo there, would be to have both outfits available so one can double the money :p

the symbol is where? I never see anyone in USA wearing that symbol or using it, and if they do they don't get welcoming looks from people about it. They changed Neji's symbol on his head in Naruto for the same reason. that symbol is still too sensitive of a symbol in certain regions for it to be accepted by most of the people there. USA was involved greatly in that war as well, and that symbol is also use by white power groups here which makes it like a double negative meaning

Now if they censored the naked Yura or the blood coming from Yunsang then yeah that would be annoying, but I don't see a reason to be upset about removing swastikas of all things

1 hour ago, CycLee said:

For the swastika i can answer you. in germany, this sign is forbidded due to out of date laws. NC also offers this game to germany. they would simply not being alowed to publish it this way over here because one stupid guy, 70years ago changed the meaning of this symbol for us and lawmakers in germany still live in the past.

I'm a troll for speaking my honest opinion? if that's the case then 100% of the people on this forums is a troll.

:|

well this stupid forum quoted the wrong quote and is not letting me edit my post again. figures...

Do you really think people in NA are smart enough to know the difference though?

Like come on

You have too much faith.

I guess it's just an endless cycle of "people offended if we do, people offended if we don't"
But they can probably get lawsuits if they don't, so they're going that route instead /shrug

and this is just for the swastika, not anything else 

I'd rather give them the botd on the Profane raiment costume,though, considering some of the other stuff we have right now. Like, do you really think they censored that because OHHH PANTIES ?
pls

Seeing as the tilted version of that Hindu symbol is reminiscent to Nazi Germany, I would think that a blatant universal hate symbol would be an exception. I think you're reading too much into it. 

That symbol is used heavily in white supremacy groups here in the US. White supremacy groups are very notorious for being violent and also exhibiting hate speech. It's bad for business if a business supported that kind of behavior, along with the symbol of that behavior. 

I don't care that they edited the Swastika's out. Its not harming the outfit, its not harming the story. There is no need to nitpick about EVERY little detail. All the outfits still have all the boobs and butt cheeks you could ever want hanging out and you fall all over yourself in blind rage because of the removal of a Swastika symbol?

1453374610_WhatiDoForAssffs.png

bladeandsoul-twist-of-fate-jin-female.jpmed_1426762457_00032.jpg

Oh the horror of censorship to these outfits that have not been censored and still portray the vision of the intended outfit design. Shame on you NCSOFT for complying with government laws or for realizing that it is better safe than sorry to remove the symbols. SHAME ON YOU NCSOFT! Shame on you! <-------- (Note: This paragraph is being sarcastic)

Archived