Golden Giganura

Hyaweh

You need 30 Essence of Plog for each 3 pillars is what i read. And something about killing the miniboss fast so the Golden Giganura will spawn.

Also say boss will also have tricolor shield buff so good luck there.

While we're on the subject, how to deal with all those ploggles, especially as a melee? You lose health when attacking the ones at the lake and the smaller ploggles using frost, poison and whatever can almost kill you faster than you kill them. Seems like you really need a party for those, but it's all made so cryptic that basically nobody bothers with the quests in the Plog Sanctum area aside from the main story ones.

2 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

There are 3 minibosses respawns in 30 minutes (i think) upon death. Kill one of the miniboss will give you 15 minutes buff the counters Plog's Tricolor Shield. Farm within the time for soulshield piece and essences.

Was able to successfully kill one. So here is what we did.
Before we begin, all 3 mini-bosses, thunderlord, thrasher, and turtle were up. We started with thunderlord first, because he is the hardest o kill due to healing from poggles. You will need a good amount of people to aggro the poggles to prevent them from healing thunderlord back to full health, while doing enough damage. Then we killed thrasher and then the turtle, pretty easy.
You have 5 minutes between the killing the first boss and the third boss to summon the Golden Giganura by placing 90 Plog essences in the 3 statues, 30 in each statue. We have already collected enough essences before we started killing the bosses and have designated players to hold and place them.
After you put the essences in place, dark clouds will form over the sky and then the boss will spawn. 

The boss itself has 29m hp. The only moves I remembered that he has were:
- Jump (he jumps short distances)
- Projectile (he spits at you boiling water) kind of like Thunderlord's move

- Medium range AoE (Hurts a lot, might one shot you if you have less than 35k hp)

Now I'm not sure on the buffs part, but I do remember that if you die fighting him, you lose a certain buff that you get from killing the mini-bosses, which might suck. Hope this helps.

It's kinda made up by the fact that, unlike Grand Harvest Square quests, Plog Sanctum ones can be done pretty much at any time, provided the respawn timers of the 3 sub-bosses aren't ludicrulously long. They probably aren't as demanding on DPS to complete dailies too... you'd be harder pressed to do enough damage to count for the Grand Harvest dailies involving the bosses.

But yes, they do require a fair bit of knowledge and preparation to do them. Still think it's the least straightforward of all Silverfrost areas, making it a tad too impractical, probably even worse than Soulstone Plains in that regard. I'll take Frostscale Basin over this, thanks, at least that one keeps it simple and less dependant on good DPS to get anywhere.

8 hours ago, RestlnPeace said:

pain for low population server noone do it :/

I'm in Juwol, pretty low populated, but we still manage to get only 2 done in one day xD
You have to communicate with others at the peak time when everyone is on.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8.5.2016 at 5:28 AM, devildawg said:

how exactly does the recoil damage work with this boss? I was attacking it with a party member and I was getting the recoil damage and the other person was not. ?????????

Get buff from the other bosses.

Once all 3 pillars are activated within 5 min. (30 essence of plog to activate each pillars, activated pillar will last around 5 min before the light fades away, ).

There are "TWO TYPES" of boss and one will spawn RANDOMLY, Normally we see the "Tri-color" boss, "Golden Giganura" is a rare spawn, and he drop a better loot box (gurentee some frozen stingers)  and an Achievement (Plogthumping) for first time killed.

Archived