List of new costumes added with 50 patch

Dulfy

On 23.3.2016 at 8:13 PM, Rukkirii said:

Our version has the below style of the Balrok outfit: 

1BxeBXy.jpg

So what you are saying is: You heavily censored the outfit despite saying you wouldnt censor anything.

Because if you look into the Korean Outfit simulator you can actually see for yourself how the costumes look.

Oh, btw. Did you forget about the "bugged" Pale Stalker Outfit? Or is that resolved already? Didnt check it ingame anymore.

Just now, Emerald Sun said:

I would honestly rather have that original version of the outfit. The white pattern on the butt cheeks doesn't even suit the outfit itself. It looks random and out of place. 
The intended purpose of it being there is obvious but I don't see why we need censorship for an M rated game where the playerbase is expected to be mostly adults.
Not only that but we were promised non-censored clothing. Even if it's not an ugly black re-skin like a certain server has of everything it's still censorship. 
Hime or someone chime in please?

Another thing to note is that isn't the only difference.

The version without the lace has a lot less around the legs and some parts are ripped.

A large amount of metal is also on one arm, something our version does not have.

If it isn't censored, it could potentially be a different outfit altogether.

2 hours ago, Succubus Lilith said:

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Was wondering why the appearances were different.

I would honestly rather have that original version of the outfit. The white pattern on the butt cheeks doesn't even suit the outfit itself. It looks random and out of place. 
The intended purpose of it being there is obvious but I don't see why we need censorship for an M rated game where the playerbase is expected to be mostly adults.
Not only that but we were promised non-censored clothing. Even if it's not an ugly black re-skin like a certain server has of everything it's still censorship. 

1 minute ago, Emerald Sun said:

You're forgetting that the Brand Manager of this game and other employees are feminists/sjw, anything that offends them will surely offend the playerbase (and potential customers that might not even be interested in this game in the slightest) These forums have already had complaints about "I dun want my character to be dressed like a slut" and other threads of the same caliber. 

7 minutes ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Another thing to note is that isn't the only difference.

The version without the lace has a lot less around the legs and some parts are ripped.

A large amount of metal is also on one arm, something our version does not have.

Yeah you're right those were some things I didn't catch right away but it really makes the entire outfit different.

I'd like to just ride on the hope that it's another variant just like Hime said with the Pale Stalker. 

3 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

You're forgetting that the Brand Manager of this game and other employees are feminists/sjw, anything that offends them will surely offend the playerbase (and potential customers that might not even be interested in this game in the slightest) These forums have already had complaints about "I dun want my character to be dressed like a slut" and other threads of the same caliber. 

Those people could simply choose to wear other outfits. There are modest options, they'll be happy when we start getting the new clothing designed by the new artist.
The style for blade and soul is based off the artist style. Right now there is a new artist but we're still getting content from when Hyung-Tae Kim was around and will for a while till we're caught up. His art has always focused on exaggerating the body in dramatic ways to achieve a certain look which is his own style. For people to throw "slutty" at any revealing clothing is really being a hypocrite. Not much of a feminist. Not to mention labeling someones art style because it doesn't meet your personal beliefs.

29 minutes ago, Emerald Sun said:

Yeah you're right those were some things I didn't catch right away but it really makes the entire outfit different.

I'd like to just ride on the hope that it's another variant just like Hime said with the Pale Stalker. 

Those people could simply choose to wear other outfits. There are modest options, they'll be happy when we start getting the new clothing designed by the new artist.
The style for blade and soul is based off the artist style. Right now there is a new artist but we're still getting content from when Hyung-Tae Kim was around and will for a while till we're caught up. His art has always focused on exaggerating the body in dramatic ways to achieve a certain look which is his own style. For people to throw "slutty" at any revealing clothing is really being a hypocrite. Not much of a feminist. Not to mention labeling someones art style because it doesn't meet your personal beliefs.

As hypocritical as it is, NCWest are the ones calling the shots here (Sadly) and can enforce their beliefs (or insert them) into what they deem "unnecessary" regardless of how the community feels (such as the changing of certain sidequests because it was misogynistic, but leaving the misandry quests in)

11 hours ago, Succubus Lilith said:

I hope that's the case...and that the original version will be available at some point.  I myself wouldn't buy the altered one, especially knowing it was altered.

11 hours ago, Emerald Sun said:

Not only that but we were promised non-censored clothing.

Very true.  But...on the launch stream on Twitch, they asked the Art Director from Korea about bringing the game to other regions. His response was translated as: 

"For U.S., a lot of people wanted some sexual, um, they didn't like any sexual discrimination on the costumes, or, like, what they look like, so he had to work on the artwork for that."

(That's at about 02:05:30 in the twitch stream.)

Maybe we're starting to see the results of that...

EDIT: Since it looks like that twitch stream is gone from the archives, here it is on youtube.

• 1 month later...

Archived