Outfit Mail Stamp Problems

Yuisha

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm checking rq to see if Temptation is also transferrable alongside other costumes that might have issues. However I am very happy that this problem for the most part has been fixed and I do appreciate the Ncwest staff for resolving this problem fairly fast imho. Truly thank u from the bottom of my heart <3

Temptation can also be moved via stamps as well everyone ^^

This by far the most depressing thing I have come across in this game....

Before the latest update when Misty Woods was still populated I did blackwyrm as much as I could in the hopes of getting the starling costume.....

Unfortunately I never got it...

However I did recently get it on my alt account used for farming the costume.....

Now the problem is that I play on Hao District, and like many of blade and soul servers one faction DOMINATES the other, making blackwyrm impossible to do unless you're in the most popular faction....

As a result I made an alt account on cerulean faction (because I didnt want to leave my guild on crimson), and leveled it to 45, and played it in the opposing faction to try and get the costume....

Then once I got the costume I thought I could transfer it to my main account which stayed in crimson legion....

To my surprise you can only transfer costumes you PAID for from the shop.... despite PAYING for the tokens in the first place.... 

WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS?

Its not like I'm selling the costume off to some other account thats not mine, or that there is some sort of achievement for getting the costume which I wouldn't have on my main account...

Its all on my own god dam account!

THE POINT IS:

It is IMPOSSIBLE for crimson legion players to get this costume without changing faction..... Over the past month I've been playing I haven't seen our faction do it ONCE, despite trying to organize it many a time... CERULEAN'S HOWEVER have done it almost EVERY DAY..... Why should I be expected to leave my clan, and change faction just to get a costume which should be transferable anyways...... If I have ONE CRIMSON ACCOUNT and ONE CERULEAN ACCOUNT, why cant I send the costume on my ceru account to my crimson account? Oh because I didn't buy it is that it.... I BOUGHT THE STAMPS TO DO IT.... SHOULDN'T THAT BE ENOUGH?

AT THE VERY LEAST.... make it obvious to those who are buying stamps that only PAY TO GET COSTUMES can be sent to your OWN ACCOUNT....

Otherwise people like me who spend ages farming costumes end up getting disappointed when they see that they cannot be transferred....

Now I just have the costume of my dreams WASTED, UNUSED AND USELESS....

JUST THINK... if you allow costumes obtainable through faction specific events to be trade-able between accounts.... You'll have less people changing faction.... and consequentially remove some of the problem of faction population imbalances...

Even with Game Guard now being disabled/removed there is a serious question...

I still find that playing Alternate Characters, or Classes has no point in this game because "Costumes" are not unlocked account wide, Premium Members who pay a monthly fee to have costumes stuck in the wardrobe should be able to store duplicates of the same costume inside the wardrobe storage, and be able to pull it out on other characters on the same account for use. (Would be the easiest way to do this.)

And if not just make it like Guild Wars 2 where a user can use the same cosmetic costume across any character on the same account especially those from the cash shop at least.

Currently there is no plans to do this. This doesn't exist in any region of the game. I'm sure its something that has been brought up in Korea before but it looks like it doesn't really matter to them much. Nothing NC West can do about it but forward our requests and its up to them to actually implement it. 

They've recently made a bunch of outfits account bound, with the need of using stamps from the store to mail them to your alts.

The system only covers a selection of the outfits curentely available, however, with this system now in place, chances are they won't be reworking it in a major way anytime soon.

I find the cost of trading a costume to an alt fairly negligible, assuming you're high level and you wish to keep the costume on the alt instead of mailing it back and forth every other day.

I buy costumes once and give them to a particular character.  That's generally where they stay.  I'd welcome the ability to swap costumes freely and frequently between alts (through wardrobe?) but it doesn't seem like that functionality is coming anytime soon.  Shame, because that would make Premium Membership a lot more valuable.

3 hours ago, King Sinbad said:

can you please make starling and black sun stampable i have both and i really want to share them with my alts please make it happen they are really hard to get.

I spoke to the dev on the livestream and asked if they would make them tradeable.... the response was that they wont make in game obtained items stamp-able..

Can confirmed both RNG Boxes costumes (best friends & coat) still not sendable.

Funny part: Neither of them is on the "Outfit Delivery Stamp" - list, even tho IT SHOULD be on the list! 

On 29.3.2016 at 7:33 PM, AveryCloseCall said:

with the goal of having all purchasable costumes (directly or via bundles and boxes), 

Other unsendable outfits were bugged, but still were on the list.

This is extremely missunderstanding, we definitifly need more info about this. 

The event costumes such as Temptation and Night Luna seem to work now, so they did a few updates. (pretty sad they didn't announce anything about this fixes tho :/)

Guess the topic I created a bit ago was removed because its similar to this topic.

Can someone please explain to me what the point is of "Stamps" Why do I need them to change costumes between characters on my same account?

If I am  already a premium user, I should be able to just go to my wardrobe storage and pull out costumes on whatever character I want, as well as have like 5 pairs of the same costume in my storage would be the easiest way to fix this issue.

I shouldn't have to spend $20 for 5 costumes on multiple characters, just because I choose to play 5 different classes, otherwise for me as a player there is no point in more than one class at all.

Please remove the stamps requirement,  for withdrawing / Trading from your own wardrobe between characters as its a (Premium Feature) and should be treated as such, if trading to other players then its fine.

Would Black Padded Coat fall under being a store item to be tradable? I was under the assumption it would be when I bought some boxes to try and get it. Would love to see a reply on whether it would be made tradeable in the future.

10 hours ago, LilithDragonFlower said:

Can someone please explain to me what the point is of "Stamps" Why do I need them to change costumes between characters on my same account?

Greed. There's no other reason besides an unashamed lust for money. This particular bit goes beyond a reasonable desire for the company making a profit and enters a territory where customers are seen as nothing more than wallets to be squeezed for every penny attainable.

Shared account wardrobe would work, even as a premium feature. Stamps flagging a cosmetic permanently as "bound to account" and thus freely mailable would work. This "buy once, keep paying over and over" thing? No way, no how.

On 29/3/2016 at 8:33 PM, AveryCloseCall said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to offer a quick follow-up. As mentioned before, we are working to make more costumes "stampable", with the goal of having all purchasable costumes (directly or via bundles and boxes), plus several limited event costumes included. We are also tuning the verbiage on Stamps and other items to make the system more clear. Your input and patience so far has been very helpful, thank you.

Also, everyone should be able to use stamps to mail cosmetics to your other characters on the same account. This means that even if you cannot normally send regular items to other players, you should be able mail your alts. We're looking into reports otherwise right now, and if there is a problem there then we will work on addressing it. Again, thank you for your feedback!

There is an actual problem with it.

I bought 6 outfit stamps using Hongmoon coins and the outfit I want to send is indeed from the ones you can send. Everything should be fine but the mailing system does not let me use it -at all-.

My characters are level 49 and level 50 but when I try to use the mail I get the message that the 'mail cannot be used by characters below level 15'.

I have tried various things but nothing works. I am a F2P account but I have bought from the store several times using Hongmoon Coins only.

Please look into it as it would be simply amazing to be able to transfer my outfits to my main. Thank you!

16 hours ago, LilithDragonFlower said:

Guess the topic I created a bit ago was removed because its similar to this topic.

If I am  already a premium user, I should be able to just go to my wardrobe storage and pull out costumes on whatever character I want, as well as have like 5 pairs of the same costume in my storage would be the easiest way to fix this issue.

I shouldn't have to spend $20 for 5 costumes on multiple characters, just because I choose to play 5 different classes, otherwise for me as a player there is no point in more than one class at all.

Please remove the stamps requirement,  for withdrawing / Trading from your own wardrobe between characters as its a (Premium Feature) and should be treated as such, if trading to other players then its fine.

to be fair youd probably spend about 10$ for 5 costumes.Plus since your capped all you gotta do is use the currency exhcange due to how cheap the stamps are. 2 gold can allow u to send one costume.

2 hours ago, Thovain said:

There is an actual problem with it.

I bought 6 outfit stamps using Hongmoon coins and the outfit I want to send is indeed from the ones you can send. Everything should be fine but the mailing system does not let me use it -at all-.

My characters are level 49 and level 50 but when I try to use the mail I get the message that the 'mail cannot be used by characters below level 15'.

I have tried various things but nothing works. I am a F2P account but I have bought from the store several times using Hongmoon Coins only.

Please look into it as it would be simply amazing to be able to transfer my outfits to my main. Thank you!

Hongmoon Coins do not count. They want you to spend IRL money on NCoin before you can mail. Even though you are SUPPOSED to be able to mail within your account without a RMT purchase, they have been dodging and dragging their feet since launch. Most likely because it's profitable.

Do not let them tell you they are unaware of the issue or are just finding out. Many people I know and myself have been fighting this with their CS, Forums, Twitter, and Livestreams since launch. They know damn well this isn't working.

Its extremely stupid that you cant mail or sell in game outfits. Why is there even a drop down menu in the marketplace for selling costumes and accessories if we aren't allowed to do it. At the very least we should be able to mail everything to characters on our own account. It makes me so mad that I barely even want to play anymore:/

The stamp solution is fine for hongmoon store costumes but I want a solution for in game costumes too.

11 hours ago, TaruV said:

Greed. There's no other reason besides an unashamed lust for money. This particular bit goes beyond a reasonable desire for the company making a profit and enters a territory where customers are seen as nothing more than wallets to be squeezed for every penny attainable.

Shared account wardrobe would work, even as a premium feature. Stamps flagging a cosmetic permanently as "bound to account" and thus freely mailable would work. This "buy once, keep paying over and over" thing? No way, no how.

Greed?   So a company releases a game that you A. receive for FREE via download and B. get to play for FREE and it's not OK for them to offer something, completely voluntary to buy mind you, to help them support the game?   Where exactly do you imagine that all of the money for their lease, utilities, maintenance, equipment, programmers, management, etc comes from if not from in-game item purchase, again fully voluntary to buy? 

I think there's definitely some greed involved here, just not from NCSoft.  The greedy one here is you, wanting everything for free. 

1 hour ago, Fatface said:

Its extremely stupid that you cant mail or sell in game outfits. Why is there even a drop down menu in the marketplace for selling costumes and accessories if we aren't allowed to do it. At the very least we should be able to mail everything to characters on our own account. It makes me so mad that I barely even want to play anymore:/

The stamp solution is fine for hongmoon store costumes but I want a solution for in game costumes too.

You have the Costume Manu in marketplace because there's costume that you can sell.
One exemple is Black Sun, the costume from Labyrinth box, you can sell it in marketplace.

Actually they said that you should be able to send things between your characters, even without buying NCoin, but it's a bug blocking it.
But they never said something about it again and it's already 2 months that they told us that is a bug, and doesn't fix it,
Only God knows when they will fix this... probably never

@Demonik
Grab yourself by the neck and pull really hard, so that you might dislodge your head from betwixt your buttocks. Then read what you quoted, think a little bit and stop making baseless accusations.

I'm not a F2Per. I'm a paying customer. My purchases were made with NCoin, not HCoin. I don't mind cosmetics in the cash shop, quite the opposite: cosmetics and convenience is exactly what a good MMO cash shop should offer. 15 € outfits would be a bit overpriced but acceptable - IF they were account-wide. They're not. As I understand it, the EU/NA version is the only BnS version without an account-wide wardrobe. Why? Greed. Here we get stamps, which are shadily priced on purpose, to obscure the transfer's cost. Outfits cost six stamps, everything else costs three stamps. There's no reason it should be six instead of two with thrice the price except to fool people into thinking "Oh, it's only 19 points, they're very cheap" and then buying six.

First you buy a cosmetic (buy, as in pay real money to get, in case that point is confusing for anyone) and then either buy it again for another character, or pay for the privilige of being allowed to move the thing you already paid for once between characters. Buy once, pay forever. An example of excessive greed and customer-hostile monetization at its "finest."

On 3/31/2016 at 5:24 PM, LilithDragonFlower said:

It's a money grab by NCSoft. The stamp thing is absurd, so no, there is no good reason on the part of customers that we should have to deal with this system. They should have just made the dang things claimable by every character/unlocked account-wide like any decent MMO.

Stamps isn't the problem...

The problem is that if I purchase costumes from the shop I want my Wardrobe which I am paying $16.95 a month for a premium membership to be able to be accessed  with those costumes across all characters without having to use stamps which makes no sense and is simply a way to get more money.

Archived