Should i create Warlock or stay with BM

Sakuraki

Hello, guys! Im currently playing as a BM almost reached diamond, but yesterday while doing pvp i got bored a lot idk why, also while doing pve still. I have been playing BM for 1.5 years and i think i might need to change. I know BM is getting boosted with the new patch. but it was okay now, at least for me. Also can you compare the difficultly of both chars and how fast WL can lvl up cause i hate doing pve, but i have to i guess :D. I dont care how bad people say its in PVP cause they say BM is weak but it aint. Any advice would be appreciated.

if ur as good as u say with BM and thinking about change main or twink another class i would say WL is a good option. I would say they dont take much different in difficultly or rather its atm a bit harder with WL to hit high ranks (dunno what its later after 50 patch is live) .

So if u wanna try a range class after BM the Warlock is definitely the best option. Also if u get a bit bored yeah just invest the 2 days speed lvling to have an alt option for that moments ;)

U can easily hit lvl 50 from lvl 1 on by following the Main and a few side quests within ~2 days.

Thanks, buddy! I actually enjoy pve but been doing it in russian also in beta here and it gets quite boring. If i could do only pvp i would, but its neccessery to do pve thats what i hate about, but seems that WL does better in pve so i might give it a try. Im not really that good with BM im decent, but most people i face waste their F and TAb way to early and i almost 100-0 them. I like to play classes who are kinda "hard". I have FM, but i dont like it i mean its an okay class, but not for my taste.

I have a 45 BM as my main alt right now (main prior to WL) and my main WL at 45.

Leveling will be faster on WL for sure.

PvP wise (have pvp'd with both but only to ~1800 on BM and currently 1901 on WL sparring mostly diamonds for practice), PvP actually feels a bit harder on WL compared to BM because once you get tech chases, your stun/daze/kd combos and the such down, it becomes a lot easier and you have block and 3 i-frames to work with. With warlock, it's a bit harder since you have just your SS and your Z that can be specced to resist 5 hits of damage or cc as well as your C (Sanctum) that can be specced to make single-target skills not lock on or resist stun/daze/kd (but smart players will shadow grasp/knock up/back you out so be careful with this). Right now players are still a bit confused on when we use our F vs our Trinket (they look almost the same lol) so they either mistime or don't bother tech chasing you but once those are blown, you only have you Thrall Q stun/knockback (specced for either one) and Thrall position swap (I believe only available when kd'd or dazed. can't remember). 

Before I end up writing a wall, if you enjoy the lack of ease in pvp like BM (meaning people will say it's weak but it's still possible to win), you'll like warlock in that respect. I love the aesthetics and fun of BM pvp but Warlock pvp against good players is just so...fun. I don't know what it is but as soon as a match starts and being pushed into a fast-paced fight against higher players, it really shows you how fast you are at thinking and your reaction time and you'll find yourself ALWAYS wanting to improve even after losing.

With the level 50 content, it truly depends on your preferred playstyle. In PvP, BM will most likely see an increase in ranks, due to ease of playing the class with the proper amount of skills. Warlocks will most likely see a falloff (not necessarily as fast as one would expect) as people are still relatively unfamiliar with them. But the falloff will be due to other classes getting the ability to use the skills they've been missing out on.

Ultimately I think any choice should be made on what you enjoy the most, not what would be better.

Archived