OMG ACHIEVEMENT STORE

kurtz

• NCSOFT

The Achievement Merchant NPC Kiyeon, is indeed repricing all of his items because he did not get the memo when he traveled over to the West. Please disregard the screenshot that was posted as this was not the final pricing of the items.

37 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

The Achievement Merchant NPC Kiyeon, is indeed repricing all of his items because he did not get the memo when he traveled over to the West. Please disregard the screenshot that was posted as this was not the final pricing of the items.

Can we get a screenshot of the actual prices please?

• NCSOFT
2 minutes ago, Faline said:

Can we get a screenshot of the actual prices please?

The prices are still being addressed, but the NPC is currently scheduled to arrive back to the Earthen Realm on 3/30. :)

Hopefully the time Kiyeon spends in the Dark Realm until the 30th also makes him/her humble and reasonable with the achievement point requirements for items in the store.

Having such a vendor is a great idea, as long as the points needed to use it aren't unreasonable amounts.

I'm so disappointed they added these costumes in there - for when people like myself grinded so hard for them, and costumes that were rare, and now everyone can get them easily by just buying it, it's ruined all the hard work and effort and made it into nothing anymore :( now my character wouldnt be different or unique and my hard work isnt known because everyone can buy and wear them, such a shame 

49 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

The prices are still being addressed, but the NPC is currently scheduled to arrive back to the Earthen Realm on 3/30. :)

Well, ok...I do think it's a bit crappy that we were given new prices on twitter as 'confirmed' and now they are changing them. Kinda spoiled my excitement here...now i'm expecting stupidly high prices for the stuff on the achievement merchant :/ hopefully this isnt the case - as we were told we definitely only needed 600 achievement points to be eligible to buy the costume pieces...going back on what we have been told/shown is really really poop.

18 hours ago, drkn335 said:

I'm so disappointed they added these costumes in there - for when people like myself grinded so hard for them, and costumes that were rare, and now everyone can get them easily by just buying it, it's ruined all the hard work and effort and made it into nothing anymore :( now my character wouldnt be different or unique and my hard work isnt known because everyone can buy and wear them, such a shame 

Removing pointlessly hard or grindy work so more than a minority of players can obtain it is a good thing.

Now if they made "Traitor" buyable, that would be stupid, as it actually does show skill. If they made that platinum only outfit available at copper...

18 hours ago, drkn335 said:

That's quite the greedy way of thinking.
I know many people who "worked hard" a.k.a 100+ runs and got nothing and yet they can't get the hair they sincerely want. This gives them an opportunity to grab it and no its not easy unless you have such gold to throw away. If you think about it, its hard work to get achievement points + gold + fabrics.
Please stop thinking selfishly.

Any news on how many achievement points will be needed to be eligible to buy the costumes and wigs? I need to know if I have to start grinding achievement points or whether it will stay at 600 points to be able to purchase costumes etc like they said it would be....

On 3/23/2016 at 7:17 AM, Jem said:

The store is, yes, but it's all wrong.

People got excited when it said Cobalt Widow Wig was only 10g and it was 100g in other regions.

And they went ahead and fixed that.

unknown.png

Getting sick of your shit and not thinking this through NC.
100g is an absoultely outrageous tradeoff for things like this. In current market value, costumes on merchant list are no where near the worth you're expecting us to pay (This is excluding the ever raising prices of fabrics, which just raise the price even more).

Some of these costumes can be obtained through transmutation, is a MUCH cheaper method even despite the RNG factor. These MUST be balanced to fit the current market, for I could get several HM store costumes using that money for gold exchange than spending for ONE piece of an outfit that isn't even worth that much. The other servers are up to 100g maybe because their marketplace value is actually up to the hundreds, I've even heared 600g items are commonplace.

10g, hell even 20g, at present is very reasonable for the market to afford with work; You're welcome to increase the pricings as the market see's more money circulating.
Do nothing about it and I gurantee you'll have a shitstorm.

23 hours ago, drkn335 said:

I kill the twins in the 24 man about 8 to 10 times per day for 2 months, and have opened literally over 1000 brilliant chests, and have gotten ZERO costumes.  I have also done the 4 man dozens of times and have not seen the Seductress costume even ONCE.   Like, I have not even gotten a chance to bid on one, let alone won one.  Yesterday alone I was miraculously off work for the expansion release date, and went overboard on playing.  Even though I checked out the new zones, I still managed to get 15 kills of the twins in and 3 runs of BSH.  I decided the new zones were too full of people at the moment, and just went back to grinding for my costume.  Guess how many costume pieces I got for my 6 hours or so of time and investment yesterday?  ZERO.  I guess i will add that 30 or 40 rolls on the RNG total to my running tally of bad dice rolls.  So please, do not tell me that in a game of RNG that just because someone got lucky and got the desired item they wanted that they deserve it more than the person who mindlessly did a grind for the item and did not roll the magic number on the dice. 

You need to understand that some of us play this game for one reason, and one reason only, and that is to get costumes that we want.  Some of us don't care about any and all of the other issues in the game, all we want to do is look cool.  People like myself I that category are literally distressed over the fact that I have ground for literally MONTHS for a specific item and have not gotten it.  So please, stop telling me how much of a shame it is that you got a lucky dice roll over some of us and that you "deserve" the outfit more than some of the rest of us.  It's just absurd. 

I'm more so surprised people are... upset over this.

This was in every region and hasn't changed since. People were surprised from seeing the 10g Cobalt wig and was actually hyped (me included), but I thought that was WAY too good to be true. Honestly, it wouldn't be fair AT ALL for just NA/EU to have wig at 10g when Korea, Japan, Taiwan all have it for 100g.

Let's put a monetary value on the wig, and I'll be super conservative about it.  Let's say we sell that 100 gold on the currency exchange.  We put it up at 60 NCoin per gold.  So we get 6000 HM Coin for it.  The RL exchange rate is $1 = 80 NCoin.  So 6000 HM Coin is equal to $75.  That's already an outrageous amount for a hairstyle in a game.  But there's more.  Now we need 15 HQ Fabric.  How many HQ Fabric do you get from each salvaged outfit?  1?  2?  Let's be super generous and say it's even 3, and we'll buy the cheapest outfit we can find to salvage, $10 each.  So that's at bare minimum another $50 to get the Fabric.  $125 for a wig?  How does that sound?  Fair?  And those numbers are unrealistically low.  It's probably closer to $200.

Meanwhile, let's price the "incorrect" image for 10g and 1 HQ Fabric.  10 gold = ~$7.50 depending on exchange rate.  We buy and salvage a low priced outfit from the store, ~$10.  Total, ~$17.50.  

If the wig was put in the NCoin store, how much would it be?  Probably $10 or 15.  It certainly wouldn't be $200.

On 3/23/2016 at 2:34 PM, drkn335 said:

The real disappointment is that there's no other way to get fabric except for a few new outfits that are able to be salvaged and you basically have to buy them from the HM store to salvage them for the fabrics required.

On ‎23‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:10 PM, NightMi said:

it's already >9g

in Wild Spring(EU) the price dropped from 9g to 6g15s(the lowest) and keeps dropping. the ones that managed to sell at 9g are very lucky. some sold 50+

Elurra and Princess Piggietails pretty much nailed it. RNG certainly is the most stupid discriminational factor. It's perfectly fine to get these Outfits/Wigs from the AP-Merchant; just because some players had luck doesn't necessarily mean that they are better players or deserve this or that more than others. That way of thinking is really twisted and downright stupid. Also: The prices are far too expensive. 15 HG Fabrics for that Wig? You can't do that on EU/NA. We can only salvage Shop-Costumes. Other regions didn't require fabrics at all. 1 HG-Fabric and 10 Gold would be perfectly fine that way. (Also regarding the countervalue in $/€.)

Archived