Am I Doing It Right?

Bhindu

34 minutes ago, Bhindu said:

Pretty sure I'm not spamming hard enough. Anything else I should be doing besides mashing LMB and RMB?

I would say you're rather ineffective with your skill rotation as it is right now, however your point is correct - most skill rotations include a lot of key mashes, on pretty much any character.

44 minutes ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Wow you are amazing! Now try playing PvP like that. And just btw, PvE is retarded easy for every class until max lvl. Try soloing one of the lvl 45 dungeons, I would love to see that.

PvE Only FM. Zero interest in using this char for PvP unless I'm just doing a few dailies for soulstones.

You are playing veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery conservatively from what I saw. Hold down Ice Rain when you can to no end while LMB/RMB, refresh focus with Frost Fury. I didn't see you go below 50% focus for the whole video, pretty much a waste. Also, spec into instant Inferno and use it on CD like Meteor Shower, regardless if you are Fire Tree or Ice Tree.

Aside from that, you were using the Ice Tree in a multi-target fight. You see, Ice Tree is very niche, in a sense that it will only beat the Fire Tree in 1 out of 10 situations. Fire Tree is both superior in single and multi-target fights. While you were killing the adds one at a time, you could've killed both the adds while damaging the boss at the same time.

Try out fire spec, you'd cut down the time by at least a minute.

Eh, Ice spec is entertaining when you're bored of fire, but at the end of the day, even if I could max everything, I would mostly be using fire.  I tried a hybrid with a combo of Fire and Ice (probably be better after 50 patch maybe) and it was just as entertaining for me.  From a pre 45 perspective, nah, don't bother lol.  I never even considered ice path pre 45.  45 HM 5 sure when bored ;P.  From a DPS standpoint, I could hold aggro for a good while with the Ice rain setup in 24 man runs, but lose it at some point.

I don't know what OP build is either as I like to know EXACTLY how everything is.  At that stage, I don't think I had a problem with that particular boss, but gear/build says all.  And I don't know their latency since I'm normally like 30-80 on a bad day.  

Guess my only advice is to spec more into HP recovery skills and to use your other defensive skills such as divine veil, frost armor, and that other one lol...frost prison or whatever.  Didn't watch the entire video so dunno if ya used those skills.  Don't think its possible at that level to have the basic necessary stuff + what I would ask, but to give a example of what I mean would be frost armor left path.  Suddenly get to low hp, use it, defrost, and recover all that hp back.  But at your level, your skill points are delicate lol and most people wouldn't consider giving frost armor 3 points at that stage.

Too lazy to make build, someone else do it for him lol.  But even with right build, how you execute is another thing.  Can have perfect gear/build/latency, but still fail bad?  Then I would tell you at that point to "git good."  What Rasky said above is what I'm tellin ya also lol.

Archived