Mighty

NCSofts unreliable information

Recommended Posts

Mighty   

Hey

Just wanted to make a post about the information that's being provided lately by NCSoft.

 

First of all, we had this on the Rising Waters patch notes (http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/rising-waters-patch-notes/):

"A new Daily Dash is available and will run for 8 weeks until April 6th, 2016."

Now we have this:

"With the launch of Silverfrost Mountains on March 23, we will be ending our current Daily Dash system on Wednesday, and introducing a new Daily Dash "

 

Second of all, weapon progression patch

First, we have this (http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/silverfrost-mountains-expansion-this-spring/):

"Those who have already upgraded their weapons with endgame materials will skip ahead, while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system."

On the 22nd March, they say this:

"Depending on what stage you are at with your weapon, come Silverfrost Mountains, you will have two options on how you want your weapon to progress."

 

 

 

 

One, annoucing a major patch 2 days before the release date is just bad management and lack of communication.

Two, providing false information to your costumers not once, but twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
myuna   

 I have to agree, they quite obviously  are literally making things up as they go along, having watched their streams and other media its like every week they clearly say one thing then the following week its some thing entirely different 

Edited by myuna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   

Its clear they are trying to hard to keep everyone happy, which is just as bad as catering to a niche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mucski   

I dont know if you do this on purpose or not, but 1 your forum post will make no difference 2 you can also blame the playerbase who yells out in faction and clan that you certainly need pirate to progress. To which my logic said well thats impossible that just because i couldnt play 24/7 to pay more for a longer path. And my logic was right. So all i can tell you dude is get yourself a paper bag and yell in it, then we shall listen to it later. Or just quit already cause ur annoying.

 

For further infortmation the daily dash scheme was also player speculation just like evrytuing you brought up here. Play the game instead of reading news, not sleeping to rush upgrades all to follow a herd of people who have no idea whats coming or what they doing.

Edited by Mucski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current board was set up in a way that implied it would not be April the 6th and a new one would be started before/after that date. Also, stop selectively reading:

"Depending on what stage you are at with your weapon, come Silverfrost Mountains, you will have two options on how you want your weapon to progress. Those who have already upgraded their weapons with endgame materials will skip ahead, while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system." <--that's how you read them and it still holds true even if the order was reversed because neither is false

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mighty   
8 hours ago, Mucski said:

I dont know if you do this on purpose or not, but 1 your forum post will make no difference 2 you can also blame the playerbase who yells out in faction and clan that you certainly need pirate to progress. To which my logic said well thats impossible that just because i couldnt play 24/7 to pay more for a longer path. And my logic was right. So all i can tell you dude is get yourself a paper bag and yell in it, then we shall listen to it later. Or just quit already cause ur annoying.

 

For further infortmation the daily dash scheme was also player speculation just like evrytuing you brought up here. Play the game instead of reading news, not sleeping to rush upgrades all to follow a herd of people who have no idea whats coming or what they doing.

 

Uh, what? The official statement NCSoft says is "player speculation"? LOL Ok.

If I'm annoying stop reading my posts?

 

 

7 hours ago, OddFinrir said:

The current board was set up in a way that implied it would not be April the 6th and a new one would be started before/after that date. Also, stop selectively reading:

"Depending on what stage you are at with your weapon, come Silverfrost Mountains, you will have two options on how you want your weapon to progress. Those who have already upgraded their weapons with endgame materials will skip ahead, while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system." <--that's how you read them and it still holds true even if the order was reversed because neither is false

You're quoting the information from the 22nd March. Yes I've told you they put that information today.

Now go read the information from last week, it's different.

Care to explain what do you mean about the board not being set up from 6th April since that's the date they pointed us to?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   

I agree that they shouldnt announce something lightheadedly that they will change in the future. That said, i'm happy about the changes i guess. The only thing i really find a bit unfair is that they announced it so short before the patch. The earlier patches we were notified like 3 weeks earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiriC   

this sticks so bad it's insane... I never expected for this patch to come so fast.... but to release it in 2 days ? something is just not right here... there has to be something bigger behind the scenes 

 

Figured it would pop up after the dash with another delay of 1-2 weeks .... but not like this . LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the weapon paths it was the community who first started confusing people,it was already clear our version would differ compared to other regions

I dont care and i dont mind if the expansion releases so soon..im not full true pirate nor true siren hell my accesories are infernal except ring but ill go along the Silverfrost hype it makes the game way better,gold is eassier to the point u can get true pirate atleast none will struggle as much as now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   

This does feel like a rushed decision, compared to the previous long-strewn teases. Followed by damage control from sudden burst of people who expected to have a few weeks until the patch for their weapon whatnot.

 

But then again, it's just what it feels like to me. Maybe it was planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should realize that anything can be subject to change. I'm just glad bns is in the west. No more cn for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Els   

Well the current daily dash was pretty much junk, they just put a special one for the costume, then we'll get back to an infinite daily dash like the current one, at least that's what I think will happen. Would be nice if we can continue to spin the daily dash even after we got the costume, so we can still get some items and not get stuck for weeks with a completed daily dash.

The weapon path, we got both, what's wrong with that, choose which one you prefer or is cheaper. People that did not make to pirate will not have to pay the supposedly super expensive new path.

I don't see any reason to cry about cutting the current daily dash sooner for something that will give you more stuff. 
They changed their mind with the weapon path, it's good, you don't have to rush for pirate now. 

Of course telling us 2 days before the maintenance is a very short notice but well, if it passed all the checks on monday, and they're ready to go, why should they wait ? They said it before the release that they want to catch up as fast as possible with the korean version and that they will be aggressive with the updates. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bawler   
17 minutes ago, moveZneedle said:

Regarding the weapon paths it was the community who first started confusing people,it was already clear our version would differ compared to other regions

I dont care and i dont mind if the expansion releases so soon..im not full true pirate nor true siren hell my accesories are infernal except ring but ill go along the Silverfrost hype it makes the game way better,gold is eassier to the point u can get true pirate atleast none will struggle as much as now.

Did you even bother reading the OP? NCsoft's official statement stated the weapon paths would be changed initially. That isn't "the player base" just making crap up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopKEK   
Just now, Bawler said:

Did you even bother reading the OP? NCsoft's official statement stated the weapon paths would be changed initially. That isn't "the player base" just making crap up

What they meant by the new system was that anyone at Pirate would continue their progression of weapon as normal and those who are still at around profane can use the new system (which is the Weapon Branch system) in order to upgrade their weapons.

 

People who continuously say that NCSoft were stating as if they have some different system coming up in comparison to other servers are indeed confusing the others. When NCSoft stated the new system they meant the weapon branching. It's not a 'new system' per se but it is new to this server as this server doesn't have it yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Balefire   

Dates are subject to change. We do not live in a static world. Obviously they moved their time table up. Obviously the powers that be changed their minds. I do agree that changing the release of the 50 content date with very little warning was inconsiderate, however it is their right to do so. You make it sound like they are telling us one thing and then doing another with out notifying anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luucy   

Most of people don't know that in NCSoft, NC means No Communication !! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lissy   
2 hours ago, Eckogen said:

The new daily dash will be better than the current one anyway. We'll get the costumes.

How will it be better? I HATED the last dash because I finished it 11 days early and couldn't restart it.  I just SAT THERE for 11 days with no dash or nothing. This time I'll be starting it on time so I'll be sitting for even more days with no rewards..... :/   How is that better? Night Luna isn;t even that nice compared to Regium Corvus which I already got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eckogen   
5 minutes ago, Lissy said:

How will it be better? I HATED the last dash because I finished it 11 days early and couldn't restart it.  I just SAT THERE for 11 days with no dash or nothing. This time I'll be starting it on time so I'll be sitting for even more days with no rewards..... :/   How is that better? Night Luna isn;t even that nice compared to Regium Corvus which I already got

The rewards from the current one is junk for the most part. 1 Moonwater Valor Stone? Omg, break the bank. Other necessities are way too low in quantity (3 repair tools).

 

As long as they incorporate an endless spin cycle, but if you complete it once you get the outfit. It'll be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lissy   
12 minutes ago, Eckogen said:

The rewards from the current one is junk for the most part. 1 Moonwater Valor Stone? Omg, break the bank. Other necessities are way too low in quantity (3 repair tools).

 

As long as they incorporate an endless spin cycle, but if you complete it once you get the outfit. It'll be good.

well they're probably not going to incorperate an endless spin cycle if it's exactly like the first one with regium corvus

 

and look... this was the last one:

 

Daily_Dash.jpg

 

the difference in items is not that much better except we get everything we pass, it takes way longer to get to the end (if not premium), and you get an outfit at the end. you still et only 3 repair tools or a soup or 3 valor stones... the best things I can see are the poh perfumes and the venture token (which isn't even brilliant or sparkling) then once you get to the end THATS IT. you can;t spin again until it ends

 

YUCK. I actually prefer the current one because I've gotten like 8 dragon trade pouches and a venture token and a decent amount of keys and unsealing charms. the new dash is gonna be shit

 

I wish we got the option to continue the old dash or start the new one because I know what my choice would be

Edited by Lissy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Els   

Would be nice if we could get the endless one once we got the costume. But that's just a dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fifi2   
2 hours ago, Balefire said:

Dates are subject to change. We do not live in a static world. Obviously they moved their time table up. Obviously the powers that be changed their minds. I do agree that changing the release of the 50 content date with very little warning was inconsiderate, however it is their right to do so. You make it sound like they are telling us one thing and then doing another with out notifying anyone. 

Dates are subject to change, but in the business world, my dear there is a thing called "announcment" and there is a thing called "ETA".  If you want to make business you announce a cricketing ETA and keep your users up to date. Because saying "spring" means absolutely nothing. Which spring? May 16th? Apil 4th? March 23! 

I've made myself a schedule to April 6 and ask my boss for a vacation in order to make my Pirate Weapon. I am not here from start and i thought that 10 days are just enought. But now they say 23rd. Well NC Soft - thank you!

And in addition:
 You don't launch expansion when you think you feel cool and awesome (without any warnign thou). Such stuff is usually created a beta test, but you know... NC. 

Edited by Fifi2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shashank   

OP stop complaining about every damn thing, the company is trying to help players out now they doubled the spins on daily dash (they didn't have to do tat) and i am guessing they didn't have the information about the weapon path exactly..once they had solid information GM's posted about it clearing everything up the other players were claiming to be correct i.e., pirate or ur "screwed" logic.

 

Most of the players were discontent about the unexpected update announcement within a span of 2 days mainly because of the weapon path evolution changing but now its "pick either evolution path old one stays as is just have an option to jump to new evolution which has little but more attack minus the skill dmg+ (silver frost or pirate one)" and now they don't have to rush or anything and can play continuously with seamless content available, more gold can be made, easy to get soulstones etc., which i feel is good.

 

I can even speculate that since they knew about the weapon path staying the same even after update unlike other regions they were confident update with limited notice its going to be ok but they should have posted the weapon path information first and then the update about the silverfrost later which would've been smooth to announce.

 

Am not taking sides here am just analysing the situation, so instead of complaining about everything think a little bit, this is the problem with western audience comes to conclusion fast without any solid evidence but with just rumours and starts complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now