Weapon Progression Guide

Hime

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HamletZ said:

Huh?  Lots of people were stressing about the release being too soon because they couldn't lock the path they wanted.

They change it so you can choose the path, and you're still upset?  

you're not seeing the point that many people ( myself included) spent a good part of our play time selling stuff or struggling to get to the next stage. Not everyone has the time to spend living full time in game. So with the info coming out in broken pieces it's a bit frustrating. Of course I wouldn't expect anyone on the internet to understand logical thinking. 

8 minutes ago, HamletZ said:

Huh?  Lots of people were stressing about the release being too soon because they couldn't lock the path they wanted.

They change it so you can choose the path, and you're still upset?  

yes and with reason, this new revelation concerning 'chosen' paths is quite obviously an afterthought, after it took them a whole day to realise how much a mess they had made by announcing the patch in 2 days with no specific info or patch notes

Just now, Pepperino said:

You weren't forced to upgrade all the way to True Pirate. Its your problem if you decided to rush everything, not theirs.

No, but they straight up lying to their costumers is their problem.

They said before that people who hadn't upgrade your jump to the new path

Just now, Pepperino said:

You weren't forced to upgrade all the way to True Pirate. Its your problem if you decided to rush everything, not theirs.

+1

as i said before, ppl werent forced to upgrade, + to be logical: it woulkd be stupid if ncsoft says now: "u have awake siren/awake pirate, delete that and make new one cuz u cant upgrade that anymore" 

ppl dont get dis lol

Just now, lillywindy said:

+1

as i said before, ppl werent forced to upgrade, + to be logical: it woulkd be stupid if ncsoft says now: "u have awake siren/awake pirate, delete that and make new one cuz u cant upgrade that anymore" 

ppl dont get dis lol

I've already replied to a post exactly like yours. Can you read the other posts before saying the same thing over and over?

zyCvEZ4.jpg

One of their livestreams had a hint to what was going to happen. (This was back for feb 10 patch). Besides, if you're going to rely on different region's info to get ahead AND THEN it ended up failing you can only blame yourself. If you were to play the game the right way, this "issue" wouldn't be a problem because they announced the release of the expansion and the same day answered the question about weapon paths. 

2 minutes ago, Mighty said:

I've already replied to a post exactly like yours. Can you read the other posts before saying the same thing over and over?

even more, it was his post :P

And yea people were forced to do upgrades toda, maybe not direcly but still. It was said that you will get locked on new path and new path is more expensive so people tried their best to hit the Pirate.

1 minute ago, Shadowolf4 said:

zyCvEZ4.jpg

One of their livestreams had a hint to what was going to happen. (This was back for feb 10 patch). Besides, if you're going to rely on different region's info to get ahead AND THEN it ended up failing you can only blame yourself. If you were to play the game the right way, this "issue" wouldn't be a problem because they announced the release of the expansion and the same day answered the question about weapon paths. 

I guess it's too hard for you to scroll up, so I'm gonna post this again

LAST WEEK THEY SAID THIS

"...while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system."

So yes, it's THEIR fault  they said we had to jump to the new system and now say we can choose.

It's THEIR fault they provide false information

I don't get why all these players are complaining about how they announce it so late. Players have been talking about the weapon path change for a month now. No excuses. Maybe you guys should be reading your faction chat and be socialize and not cooped up. Read forum,Reddit, and use Google. They even did live stream. Sure, they didn't give good enough information but there are a lot of sources where you could of gotten your answer.

1 minute ago, ToulueVang said:

I don't get why all these players are complaining about how they announce it so late. Players have been talking about the weapon path change for a month now. No excuses. Maybe you guys should be reading your faction chat and be socialize and not cooped up. Read forum,Reddit, and use Google.

Read what?

The over 9000 posts saying old path was getting deleted when new patch arrived?

No one ever said we'd get a choice beetween paths until now

14 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Wow when i read this i just had to reply

Are you *cricket*ing serious dude?

Yes ofcourse you are not forced to do anything, but players make decisions based on assumed reliable information by a professional company who has a responsible position to provide their players and costumers with RELIABLE information....

Coming back on their word so suddenly is just plain out insane, i cant even imagine how they could think of that. Just plainly having to lie to people while they support their game.

2 minutes ago, HurbY said:

Wow when i read this i just had to reply

Are you *cricket*ing serious dude?

Yes ofcourse you are not forced to do anything, but players make decisions based on assumed reliable information by a professional company who has a responsible position to provide their players and costumers with RELIABLE information....

Coming back on their word so suddenly is just plain out insane, i cant even imagine how they could think of that. Just plainly having to lie to people while they support their game.

Yes I'm being serious. If you wanted to waste your gold upgrading all in one go a few days before the update then thats on you. Whats so wrong with just spending a little extra on the new path if you chose to opt out? You'd probably be spending about the same amount anyways with how you guys inflated the prices of everything needed for upgrading the current path. Regardless of the information handed out, you weren't REQUIRED to upgrade anything.

3 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Yes I'm being serious. If you wanted to waste your gold upgrading all in one go a few days before the update then thats on you. Whats so wrong with just spending a little extra on the new path if you chose to opt out? You'd probably be spending about the same amount anyways with how you guys inflated the prices of everything needed for upgrading the current path. Regardless of the information handed out, you weren't REQUIRED to upgrade anything.

So you find it acceptable that a professional and responsible company lies to their costumers? 

I understand what your point is, but actually its not really relevant here. In this whole situation the only responsibility ncsoft has is to provide us with reliable information. And they clearly failed to do this. 

When i look at this i kinda see a rushed content update, and after alot of complaints from scrubs about being behind on weapon upgrades (which are kinda understandable cuz the content update was rushed) they decide to change the weapon upgrade pattern.. Well, welcome to the chaos you create after snowballing 1 mistake into a whole big mess.

21 minutes ago, HurbY said:

So you find it acceptable that a professional and responsible company lies to their costumers? 

I understand what your point is, but actually its not really relevant here. In this whole situation the only responsibility ncsoft has is to provide us with reliable information. And they clearly failed to do this. 

When i look at this i kinda see a rushed content update, and after alot of complaints from scrubs about being behind on weapon upgrades (which are kinda understandable cuz the content update was rushed) they decide to change the weapon upgrade pattern.. Well, welcome to the chaos you create after snowballing 1 mistake into a whole big mess.

The idea of giving a choice of path probably never came to mind for them until recent. Who knows.

The "entitlement" in this thread is crazy. What company in the world doesn't lie to it's customers at some point or hide information from customers? What government in the world doesn't lie to its citizens? You're living in a fantasy world if you think any company is disclosing all their plans to you ahead of time. They are a for profit company and for reasons that are known to them they make decisions. If they laid all their plans out ahead of time they would put themselves at a competitive disadvantage.

Secondly the statement of jumping to a new path could imply a "why wouldn't people jump to the new path"? Or maybe they did change their minds after discussing the weapon upgrade situation. Either way whatever information people used to make their decisions was based on other regions and other publishers' decisions. The EU/NA release has its own publisher that can decide how it wants to approach the game in these two regions. How can you blame them for making their own decisions that may be different from other regions. When the mushin and BSH soul shields were released we already knew they were deviating from other regions.

People who followed the advice of some guide or streamer obviously did so at their own risk and obviously should feel responsible for their own decision.

Just now, NaysMike said:

I have awakened siren already is that mean i cant go oathbreaker now? or i can go awakened siren->True Siren->Oathbreaker?

After update happens, it'll mean you can either pick to go True Siren and stick with the current path OR go True Oathbreaker.

Awakened Siren > True Siren or Awakened Siren > True Oathbreaker. All your choice.

Just now, NaysMike said:

I have awakened siren already is that mean i cant go oathbreaker now? or i can go awakened siren->True Siren->Oathbreaker?

according to this topic u can even go -> true siren->awaken pirate-> true pirate->true breeze

Archived