Weapon Progression Guide

Hime

Meh. Weapon and accessory upgrade progression got fubared from Infernal onwards...whoever designed Tomb of Exiles should've been sent back to do it right or fired...

And whose brilliant idea was it to require Lv45 stuff to upgrade a Lv36 weapon? "Let's make them need a moonwater transformation stone after they fully upgrade that infernal weapon, make it require a ridiculous amount of materials from Lv45 content, and lets make sure that the premium refiner they need for this is NOT unlocked like the others, but gated behind a recipe one of those stupid Lv45 dungeons."

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, Elijah Elijah said:

14-140PQ60459615.jpg

I played this game in CN service  before. NPC will give you a Evaluable  Oathbreaker. You don't have to spend around 20G in  progressing your  True Profane to  Oathbreake. They will also give you A set new Accessories then you dont have to do The following steps: (penta it!!!!!)

To be able to use the Oathbreaker Ring as evolution material, you need to:

1. Evolve the Awakened Infernal Ring into Awakened Siren Ring. This will cost you:
    • 5 Moonwater Transformation Stones
    • 50 Soulstones
    • 5 Naryu Silver
    • 13 Gold
  2. Progress the Awakened Siren Ring to Stage 5, then evolve it using:
    • Hogdonny Ring
    • 21 Soulstones
    • 21 Poharan's Perfumes
    • 7 Gold 65 Silver
  3. Progress the ring to Stage 10, then evolve it into True Siren Ring, using:
    • Pirate Ring
    • 4 Moonwater Transformation Stones
    • 70 Soulstones
    • 8 East Souls
    • 5 Naryu Silver
    • 50 Warrior Cards
    • 29 Gold
  4. At Stage 5, breakthrough the True Siren Ring, using:
    • Enlightened Ring
    • 6 Poharan's Perfumes
    • 27 Soulstones
    • 10 Moonwater Mercury
    • 17 Gold
  5. Only then (!!!) you can use the Oathbreaker Ring to turn the True Siren into Awakened Oathbreaker Ring, which will cost you 29 Gold.

Altogether, you'll need:

• 168 Soulstones
  • 9 Moonwater Transformation Stones
  • 10 Naryu Silver
  • 27 Poharan's Perfumes
  • 8 East Souls
  • 50 Warrior Cards
  • 10 Moonwater Mercury
  • 95 Gold 65 Silver

Mind you, we're only talking about a ring. Then there's also earring, necklace, etc. If that is the only way to evolve accessories, I call a big BS on whoever is responsible for planning item evolution. We were given a way to evolve weapon into Oathbreaker without having to go through the Siren phase, it would defy any common sense to force players farm Siren accessories for weeks.

Source of information: http://bns.endgame.pk/rings/main_tree

Edited Wednesday at 6:44 PM by Sylvaen

That meana NCSOFT take nearly thousand dollars cash from each of us US service Player and waste our time.

When I see this, the only thing I realize is that theres no way I will stick with this game. A game to me is supposed to be fun, but I don't think NCSoft even knows what fun is...only ridiculous, mind-numbing grinds. No thanks..

There's been rumors the number of gem slots becoming random if you go Oathbreaker, which is why it warns you got gems equipped if you try to go that path. Still unsure if that's actually true, but I'd suggest to stick with Siren path, just to avoid the waste of gem hammers if it's indeed true.

That's why I'm upgrading accessories first. My ring is Siren stage 10 already... gonna take longer to get mats for the others, since prices for MTS and Soulstones have gone up.

On March 24, 2016 at 6:24 AM, Onikagi said:

So... My friend just told me that when someone is at True Siren by the time the patch hit, then he went True Pirate after patch, there would be no choice available to evolve to next stage anymore. Like, there won't be path at all and just get stuck in Pirate. So anybody can confirm this?

I'm at True Siren and planning to go Pirate but after hearing this.... I'm worried. :(

NO! If you open your weapon preview with Shift + Left Click, you can see that after siren goes pirate and after pirate goes breeze weapon (or something). Basically, you won't go with the weapon path that builds up on Profane to Oathbreaker. You will instead skip it and go directly to the weapon that requires you to farm purple Avalanche Den for a weapon. Since Oatbreaker path will require Silverfrost Transformation Stones at some point, it is easier for you now to go with Pirate path as it retains its old components. Bear in mind, Silverfrost TS-s are not jet available in the game as no one managed to get the recipe for one of required components jet. But even when first recipes start rolling in a.k.a. Trans Stones, you will probably see them being sold for a lot of gold as they require a lot of PvP components, in addition to the fact that weapons after pirate will use those transformation stones for upgrade.

On March 24, 2016 at 7:07 AM, rawrz said:

I think NCSoft could have done a LOT better with their communication here... They announce a massive new update two days before, and many players who want to save money for weapon evolution rush their weapon to Pirate. Then boom, suddenly NCSoft suddenly says "Oh no, everyone with Profane and above can get to Pirate now," after the more dedicated players have spent their time, energy, and money into rushing the upgrade. It's just really frustrating (being one of those who rushed) to see all that hard work reduced to nothing but wasted resources. We were trying to enjoy the game by getting the satisfaction of getting a "bargain" on weapon evolution, but we ended paying for more than we got. Meanwhile, those who slacked off or sat back and did not rush ended up with the same "bargain" as us, who worked hard to get on the Pirate path, but they got it for free. So veeery fair, NCSoft. 

I agree with you, that was IMO the worst thing on their part. Mostly because they screwed a lot of people who rushed to upgrade their weapons in those moments of pure agony and rage ( xD ). I'm not one of those people but I sympathize nevertheless. Still, you can't expect them to delete the whole path now, can you? This would leave only a handful of people on each server with weapons on par with content they are running, while the other people will struggle with upgrading their weapons and not being able to run the content for weeks (and more) to come. That would be a seriously big mistake on their part. Fair enough, the main story is more or less doable on Profane level (hell, if you're good, even the true Infernal level). However, all the other things like OPvP, 24-man versions and dungeons are simply not intended for such audience.

On 3/25/2016 at 2:07 PM, rawrz said:

I think NCSoft could have done a LOT better with their communication here... They announce a massive new update two days before, and many players who want to save money for weapon evolution rush their weapon to Pirate. Then boom, suddenly NCSoft suddenly says "Oh no, everyone with Profane and above can get to Pirate now," after the more dedicated players have spent their time, energy, and money into rushing the upgrade. It's just really frustrating (being one of those who rushed) to see all that hard work reduced to nothing but wasted resources. We were trying to enjoy the game by getting the satisfaction of getting a "bargain" on weapon evolution, but we ended paying for more than we got. Meanwhile, those who slacked off or sat back and did not rush ended up with the same "bargain" as us, who worked hard to get on the Pirate path, but they got it for free. So veeery fair, NCSoft. 

Actually no, if you did rush to get to Pirate during the 2 days before patch you still get everything cheaper compare to those trying to upgrade now, this is true on NA server at least, not sure about EU.

Current price on NA for soulstone went up to 31s, might fluctuate a bit but it's been going up steadily after patch. Moonwater Transformation cost 5g+ and seems pretty steady at this price, even during the rush before patch it was still below 5g sometimes as low as 4g.

So those that did not upgrade, it got more expensive for them instead of cheaper.

I decided to rush my weapon though I decided pretty early on because I already had a feeling that prices will just get higher later on, even though a lot of others speculate that it will drop off. I bought soulstone when they were at 10-13s, crafted/buy bunch of moonwater transformation stone when they are cheap. Prepare the stuff I need for accessories while I am upgrading my weapon. Well I got my weapon to Pirate a few days before patch, had 1/2 of the needed moonwater transformation stone ready for accessories. Looking at the current price now I am glad I made the choice to go all out on my upgrade and saving materials before the patch. Now I have all the moonwater transformation stone that I need, just need to collect some more soulstone and I can upgrade all my accessories and it doesn't cost me much.

19 hours ago, Onikagi said:

@ThePrelate

I'm so relieved to hear that. Phew. Thanks for clarifying it!

Also yeah I know about the Silverfrost TS, that's why I'd rather go Pirate path instead xD

No problem, glad I could help!

14 hours ago, vita said:

Actually no, if you did rush to get to Pirate during the 2 days before patch you still get everything cheaper compare to those trying to upgrade now, this is true on NA server at least, not sure about EU.

Current price on NA for soulstone went up to 31s, might fluctuate a bit but it's been going up steadily after patch. Moonwater Transformation cost 5g+ and seems pretty steady at this price, even during the rush before patch it was still below 5g sometimes as low as 4g.

So those that did not upgrade, it got more expensive for them instead of cheaper.

I decided to rush my weapon though I decided pretty early on because I already had a feeling that prices will just get higher later on, even though a lot of others speculate that it will drop off. I bought soulstone when they were at 10-13s, crafted/buy bunch of moonwater transformation stone when they are cheap. Prepare the stuff I need for accessories while I am upgrading my weapon. Well I got my weapon to Pirate a few days before patch, had 1/2 of the needed moonwater transformation stone ready for accessories. Looking at the current price now I am glad I made the choice to go all out on my upgrade and saving materials before the patch. Now I have all the moonwater transformation stone that I need, just need to collect some more soulstone and I can upgrade all my accessories and it doesn't cost me much.

EU player, Ebon Hall here. I haven't done any browsing on AH for Soulstones per se, but I've seen some people selling them for 30-ish silver per piece. Also, people complaining how they have expected for Soulstone costs to go down instead of up. Heh, that's why I prefer to farm my components instead of plain buying them, no matter how long it takes. As for Trans Stones, they cost 7 gold per piece on average. So yeah, a bit more than they used to but barely. I remember buying them for 6 gold and some silver pre patch so not a biggie.

44 minutes ago, Merqruiser748 said:

Also if your true profane weapon had 4 sockets and you choose oath path, does the 4th socket get consumed in the proccess?

Random amount of gem slots if you go Oathbreaker. Could get more, less or same amount. Which is why Siren -> Pirate still is the better path if you ask me.

On 31/03/2016 at 11:30 PM, DevilKing said:

Is this mean you will end up the same weapon of  True Breeze not matter which path you choose? Need answer please

Yes. The Siren > Pirate path is an old one and had only components that you could get at the time before the patch from maximum level content. Now that this content is obsolete (well it's not REALLY obsolete, because you still need to run the content frequently to get materials for accesories up till Oathbreaker), you basically get to upgrade Siren > Pirate and continue on to Silverfrost Mountains content afterwards. In this fashion, you will only skip a few Silverfrost starting forms and instead continue at the maximum level content of Silverfrost.

I went oathbreaker on the advice of a "clanmate."  She was a level 50 Hm 5 at the time.  She said that all new level 45s should go the oathbreaker way because it was faster, cheaper, and easier to get the materials. The forums were down, so I trusted her advice. I found out later, that she was trolling me.   Apparently I got an outfit the 6th time I ran a dungeon- an outfit that she had been trying to get for dozens of runs.  So she trolled me. 

Now looking at how much gold, time, and materials it will cost me to continue down the oathbreaker path, It really makes me want to quit the game.  The cost is far too much for all of them.   Since I can't play for longer than 1-2 hours a day due to real life and health issues, it will take me months just to get the stuff.  The game is supposed to be fun, not a chore or a real life job. 

Sure I can start a new weapon over. But again that means running all these dungeons and killing bosses, that no one does anymore.  Add in the horrible RNG that I had the first time around, all those keys wasted.  All those dungeon runs and waiting forever for a party to kill a boss....I just feel like it isn't worth it.

The Devs really need to take a look at the cost of materials right now and how much time and effort people are going to have to spend.  It is like a giant slap in the face to anyone who goes the oathbreaker path. 

Yes it is my fault for trusting a clanmate.  I should have waited til the forums came up and investigated more.  But since I will be having a medical procedure, I just wanted to upgrade and play a bit before I go in.

Anyway if anyone reads this and wonders what path to take... do NOT go oathbreaker. 

edit to add:  Shame on the DEVs for adding in a path that costs so much more.  If they wanted a new path, fine.  But to make it cost almost double ( or more ) of the other path.... it is just insane.  I can see so many people falling into the trap that I did.  Getting trolled, or just seeing that no one runs the dungeons or raids for the pirate path.  So they go with what they think will be a cheaper and easier path. 

edit to add:  I know that I posted this in another thread.  But I am posting it here so that many it prevents someone from going down the oathbreaker path and getting stuck like I am.

I doubt the game Devs will come to their senses and reduce the cost of gold and materials. So just do not go oathbreaker.

When i first upgraded to oathbreaker from profane (my WL alt) i think the same, and then i realized  pirate weapons and siren ones will took me atleast 1 week farm just for emblems ,but oathbreaker path gives me all for free  on cost of soulstones(easy to farm now) and 50% more trans stones , btw you get around 6-7 ap more on oathbreaker weps and upgrade from profane to oathbreaker is cheaper then to siren and you get kinda better wep. For the time you farm for evoliution weapons (siren path)you will swim in soulstones so its fair deal even now with "custom NC west" progression , better focus on jewels  or in leveling alts that will give you huge boost on gold .

1 hour ago, equinukes said:

When i first upgraded to oathbreaker from profane (my WL alt) i think the same, and then i realized  pirate weapons and siren ones will took me atleast 1 week farm just for emblems ,but oathbreaker path gives me all for free  on cost of soulstones(easy to farm now) and 50% more trans stones , btw you get around 6-7 ap more on oathbreaker weps and upgrade from profane to oathbreaker is cheaper then to siren and you get kinda better wep. For the time you farm for evoliution weapons (siren path)you will swim in soulstones so its fair deal even now with "custom NC west" progression , better focus on jewels  or in leveling alts that will give you huge boost on gold .

That depends greatly on play style. You're saying you're swimming in soulstones, those come, mainly, from the pvp zones which a lot of people avoid like the plague. Oh, and for the leveling event you got for free 20 siren emblems and 20 pirate ones, so those will get you ahead as well. I still think it's much cheaper and more convenient to go siren path for now. 

6 hours ago, equinukes said:

Yeah the quests gives you oathbreaker stuff for free and save you from farming them but did you take into consideration the cost of the materials you need for further upgrade. Things like Frozen Venom Dart, Naryu tablet are not easy to farm and you need plenty of them especially Frozen Venom Dart which cost up to 2g each on NA. Going the siren > pirate path now the only thing that is expensive is moonwater transformation stone, while all the other stuff are not that expensive. Sure you would need to farm for the weapon or emblems to exchange them but siren > pirate path will still be cheaper than Oathbreaker path.

Hi i am new player and i am lvl 46 atm, i just made my weapon true profane and maxed it. WHAT I DO NOW? ^_^
I have read many posts here on forum and i am confuse, there is a bit mess about these weapons and what to pick, so can som1 that know tell me which one to choose? (btw i dont know if it matter but i will say it, i just got drop the pirate dagger from the boss wich is the evolution materia, dont know if is good and i should choose siren path just for this or not)

Please help me :-D

Edit: i like to do pvp and 1v1, i got many beans from that if that help me with soulstones

Edit 2: just note that if you think that in a few weeks the outbreaker path will be easyer or cheaper i dont have problem to w8 a bit,( i know no1 knows that but you guys had play the game a lot more than me so i think you could predict a bit of what will follow)
Thanks

3 hours ago, PhantoM47 said:

Hi i am new player and i am lvl 46 atm, i just made my weapon true profane and maxed it. WHAT I DO NOW? ^_^
I have read many posts here on forum and i am confuse, there is a bit mess about these weapons and what to pick, so can som1 that know tell me which one to choose? (btw i dont know if it matter but i will say it, i just got drop the pirate dagger from the boss wich is the evolution materia, dont know if is good and i should choose siren path just for this or not)

Please help me :-D

Edit: i like to do pvp and 1v1, i got many beans from that if that help me with soulstones

Edit 2: just note that if you think that in a few weeks the outbreaker path will be easyer or cheaper i dont have problem to w8 a bit,( i know no1 knows that but you guys had play the game a lot more than me so i think you could predict a bit of what will follow)
Thanks

Do siren path its cheaper for 1 st character , if you do alts for soulstone farm get warlocks or FMs and get em to 50 with oathbreaker wep (around 410 ap) with 18 ap stone, imo you will do alts anyway becose of free soulstones from arena and dailys , if you already fail with oathbreaker path to you main char then just make that your alt and create new or get new wep from lvl 1 (dont recomend cose you will invest insane amount of time that you can use for lvling alt and progresing wep anyway) . With 3 alts you basicly will get 100 soulstones with no sweat for a day , and thats around 37 g just from ss so if you plan to play for a long time focus alts then start to upgrade only 1 char cose at late gear levels it becomes kinda painful(you will need skillbooks for hogmon skills  ,accesoary upgrades, soulshilds)

18 hours ago, equinukes said:

Do siren path its cheaper for 1 st character , if you do alts for soulstone farm get warlocks or FMs and get em to 50 with oathbreaker wep (around 410 ap) with 18 ap stone, imo you will do alts anyway becose of free soulstones from arena and dailys , if you already fail with oathbreaker path to you main char then just make that your alt and create new or get new wep from lvl 1 (dont recomend cose you will invest insane amount of time that you can use for lvling alt and progresing wep anyway) . With 3 alts you basicly will get 100 soulstones with no sweat for a day , and thats around 37 g just from ss so if you plan to play for a long time focus alts then start to upgrade only 1 char cose at late gear levels it becomes kinda painful(you will need skillbooks for hogmon skills  ,accesoary upgrades, soulshilds)

thanks m8! i am lvling up already a warlock too.didnt think about duble farm it, i just liked the class and i said lets lvl up him too ;-D for best farm u suggest me to farm arena dailys and fuction dailys for the soulstones?

Xanyi:

A game to me is supposed to be fun, but I don't think NCSoft even knows what fun is...only ridiculous, mind-numbing grinds

WORD !!!

(NCSoft probably means Bloodlust, but WTH)

Don't got 3 weeks to farm or anything like 200g for this crap. What a waste of space this game is in this respect, being forced to chase stuff to " keep up w. tha Jones' "

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on if/when the Siren/Pirate path is going to be removed? Or am I just an idiot and haven't found it buried among the 7 pages of this thread thus far? I'm an altaholic, so if there's plans to remove the Pirate path anytime soon I'd like to know so that I can upgrade as many of my characters as I can before they're locked out of it.

Archived