Forums

Weapon Progression Guide

Hime

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SmallButt Terrible said:

Ok so which path is better after true siren including the cost of materials and the stats/effects of the weapon, oathbreaker or pirate? To those who know please share your knowledge, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's on siren stage.

go for Pirate/True Pirate. don't go Oathbreaker path. you will need Silverfrost items, and that includes Transformation Stones. these things will not be cheap like MTS are and you will not be able to find them as easy as MTS. people can't craft them without the recipe and the mats, so a time has to pass. once STS hit the market, you're gonna farm for days just to buy 1. so best option is to follow Pirate path if you have Siren, and Siren if you're at True Profane and bellow. at True Profane, if you make the mistake and go Oathbreaker instead of Siren, you're screwed

Lol.  What a bunch of sad little carebears, whining because you weren't told soon enough.  You took it upon yourself to grind and now you are upset because you had a choice?  You have a better weapon.  And guess what?  There is no Pirate Soul, so... by going Pirate you lost nothing and are in much better shape than others to start the new content.

You lost nothing, not even time.

Buck up little campers, the good news is you still have one day to change your diapers before the launch. 

Oh and to those who are saying they lied with so much conviction, you are not idiots.  Am I lying?

13 hours ago, Hime said:

With the launch of Silverfrost Mountains on March 23, one of the changes made to the game is the weapon progression system. Depending on what stage you are at with your weapon, come Silverfrost Mountains, you will have two options on how you want your weapon to progress.  

Current:
>> True Profane -> Awakened Siren -> True Siren -> Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate >>

New:
>> True Profane ->Awakened Siren
-OR- Oathbreaker >>

If you have already started on or choose the
Siren weapon path, your new progression will look like this:
>>Awakened Siren -> True Siren -> True Oathbreaker
-OR- Awakened Pirate >>

Once you choose the Oathbreaker path, your new progression will look like this:
>> Oathbreaker -> Awakened Oathbreaker -> True Oathbreaker -> Awakened Breeze -> True Breeze >>

If you have already started on the Pirate weapon path or end up on this path, your progression will continue like this:
>>Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate -> True Breeze >>

If you are still using the True Profane weapon by the time Silverfrost Mountain launches, you should be able to start the new content without any issues and your weapon will progress as it normally would as you play through the game.

The new Silverfrost Mountains weapon progression is comparable to that currently found in Moonwater Plains and True Breeze is where the paths finally merge and the final weapon you can currently obtain is Awakened Scorpio. The upgrade materials, material acquisition, and economy surrounding the new progression will be different in Silverfrost Mountains, and designed to work together as a whole. To note, accessory progression remains unchanged.

We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about the progression system. You may also find many answers when Silverfrost Mountains launches on March 23, 2016.

Seems like we have a choice. Quoted for reference.

I have to agree I didn't enjoy rushing to pirate (*cricket* nsh) ..

For me it was the worst (and to be honest, the only bad) time I've had with the game.

And then this announcement 2 days before the patch feels ... salty. Yeah, it does.

Okay I seriously don't get why people are complaining. 

"NCsoft lied" blahblahblah.
Okay, so sure we didn't get this till 2 days before release. But your complaining for no reason, and i base this off what i've seen/heard in the past few weeks.

For people who were already on pirate before the announcement of 50, (which I doubt there's that many). This does not hinder your progress at all. You currently had the gear you needed.

For people who rushed Siren > Pirate (and probably the majority of people complaining about this): You're complaining that you were "rushed" to upgrade. Okay but if they didn't do this, would you of gone down the Oathbreaker path, if you knew you had the choice, knowing that it will cost more in the long run? I very much doubt there are many people who would of picked this route, you still would of continued on the path to Pirate, and taken it. In fact, congrats you are now on pirate which means you're still on the most cost effective route, and you have Awakened Pirate.

For those on Siren/Profane: This doesn't do anything to you in the long run since if you're already at this stage, you're pretty much better off going Profane>Siren>Pirate.   

So you people complain about being rushed to Pirate... but yet probably would of taken the pirate path anyway. How is anything that has been changed here for us a bad thing really. 

OK, so this confirms the new weapon path will be an addition instead of a replacement, just as I was hoping. Thanks, we really needed this info.

But, you know, people wouldn't have reacted so negatively if you posted this info sooner, say, along with (or better yet, BEFORE) the Silverfrost exact release date. Might want to tell your PR department to improve on your logistics when it comes to stuff like this to avoid another possible shitstorm next time. Just saying, announcing this stuff in a pretty 'last minute' and disorganized manner is hardly good practice of your part.

Luckily, I wasn't really in a rush to get past True Profane, so now I at least have a choice. I just feel sorry for those who felt like they had to rush their weapons into the old path because you guys didn't post this info sooner.

It's great that they announced this change to the path. That said, the announcement of the update before they had done so and only two days before the new patch was horribly handled. From a business perspective it just was not very well done at all, there's no arguing that.

2 days warning is not nearly enough.

Why did it have to be the 23rd ?

Does the world end on the 29th ?

A weeks notice would have been sufficient.

2 days notice is just another example of the incompetence of whomever is making decisions at NC Soft. 

Haha the posts on the first few pages made my day.  What a way to start off my lunch hour at work.

Looks like the lazy folks such as myself who have siren weapon and just didn't really feel like doing jack or rushing to pirate like all the other scrubs did win.

Thats another reason why I stated in another thread that I don't care and it will all work out in the end.  Definitely not my first mmo, but probably my last.

Could care less about the lackluster notification on this.  Like others stated, you chose to grind or even buy gold like crazy.  I on the other hand spent time doing what I wanted elsewhere.  No one to blame but yourself and the billion other scrubs on these forums telling you to upgrade asap.  Probably same scrubs who want 700 ap in dungeon lol.

So you can continue to cry about it on these forums like ya always do, tear my and other posts apart, and continue to bash ncsoft like no other. At the end of the day, you're gonna be playing the game and life moves on.  Or you can be that scrub that can hold a grudge for life and play the forum edition of b&s

Lol whiniest forums I've been to in a long time.  Keep it up.  Loving it.

14 minutes ago, Master_Jey said:

When a good news come, people still are not satisfied. wow

Why should we be completely satisfied when they did things in the wrong order? Their merits of posting this at all should by no means excuse their flawed logistics of posting it AFTER an announcement of the exact date of the update... 2 days after the update. Of course some people would get frustrated and confused by the way the whole thing was done.

Procedure is important too, you know, and NCSoft's for this was anything but flawless.

Just now, Tsuchiryu said:

Why should we be completely satisfied when they did things in the wrong order? Their merits of posting this at all should by no means excuse their flawed logistics of posting it AFTER an announcement of the exact date of the update... 2 days after the update. Of course people would get frustrated and confused.

Procedure is important too, you know, and NCSoft's for this was anything but flawless.

You really think it's the end of the world just because it was a 2 day notice? 

1 minute ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Why should we be completely satisfied when they did things in the wrong order? Their merits of posting this at all should by no means excuse their flawed logistics of posting it AFTER an announcement of the exact date of the update... 2 days after the update. Of course some people would get frustrated and confused by the way the whole thing was done.

GOODS news is good news. people are over-reacting. Always being moved by peoples' own assumptions. everyone assumed they needed to rush because they heard from other people and made their own choices. NCsoft might have made some sudden changes but that doesn't give them the fault for your own incompetence.

this is a good news, which helps everyone not just the one that already have everything. do you realize what exactly you are complaining about.?

9 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

You really think it's the end of the world just because it was a 2 day notice? 

It really isn't, but the issue is the lack of information on weapon progression making people either rush for upgrades or staying where they are to see how it goes. They could and should have seen it coming from all the topics discussing this and responded accordingly, which they did but kind of last minute. Beats not doing it at all, certainly, but it doesn't make NCSoft look that good in the end in terms of PR, all things considered. They could've handled it better, is all I'm saying.

Thing is, good news is good news, but timing wasn't all THAT good.

So yes, I realize what my complaint is about, no need to get snide on me, thanks.

1 minute ago, Tsuchiryu said:

It really isn't, but the issue is the lack of information on weapon progression making people either rush for upgrades or staying where they are to see how it goes. They could and should have seen it coming from all the topics discussing this and responded accordingly, which they did but kind of last minute. Beats not doing it at all, certainly, but it doesn't make NCSoft look that good in the end in terms of PR, all things considered. They could've handled it better, is all I'm saying.

People who rush are the people who don't look ahead and NCSoft can't control that. People blaming NCSoft because they rushed their equipment only really have themselves to blame for not waiting. Impatience causes problems. This is why I haven't rushed myself. 

Plus I don't even see the problem with rushing to True Pirate considering the Oathbreaker path is the more expensive path. People should be looking forward to getting the cheaper alternative to getting the next weapon, not complaining over the fact that they spent their time rushing to get the next weapon. At least now they are ready to play the upcoming content without being held back like the people who are still farming for materials. Yes its some loss in gold now but the future content gives an ample amount of gold to make up for the lost gold due to rushed upgrading. 

Okay, now let me know if I got this clear. So, both the 'new' and the 'old' weapon path stay in game for now. I believe that's because NCSoft came to see consequences of their decision and placed this system to help players currently in the end-game content to cope with costs for upgrading their weapons. Accessories stay on the same upgrade path and this means with 'old' weapon path and the accessories path we will still be farming Blackram dungeons quite a bit, right?

Furthermore, players on no matter which level of weapon are able to choose wether they are going to upgrade their weapon with 'new' path or the 'old' path once they reach True Profane.

34 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

People who rush are the people who don't look ahead and NCSoft can't control that. People blaming NCSoft because they rushed their equipment only really have themselves to blame for not waiting. Impatience causes problems. This is why I haven't rushed myself.

What is there to look ahead when there was nothing posted? How do people know if NCsoft will add 2 paths or using forced path without a final and confirmed announcement like this? Are players going to take initiative to react within the ability they can or risk go with the expensive path that can hold players back for weeks to a month? It is harder decision for more serious players.

Just be considerate of the late info that can cause inconvenient to others. Not just this game but other stuffs in real life too can be it too.

11 minutes ago, Aevri said:

What is there to look ahead when there was nothing posted? How do people know if NCsoft will add 2 paths or using forced path without a final and confirmed announcement like this? Are players going to take initiative to react within the ability they can or risk go with the expensive path that can hold players back for weeks to a month? It is harder decision for more serious players.

Just be considerate of the late info that can cause inconvenient to others. Not just this game but other stuffs in real life too can be it too.

If you don't rush ahead, you realize there's potential for changes hence the statement. The reason people rushed was because they were informed by some that they were going to miss out on the new content weapons and will be stuck with doing the longer process if they don't rush. That was the initial confusion to begin with hence the rush. 

They rushed it due to false information. NCSoft clearly stated that those who are lower will be moved to the new system. The keyword most people didn't look into the the word system. NCSoft didn't state that they will jump to the new 'upgrade method' but a new system which was the weapon branch system, allowing players to choose their personal choice of upgrading their weapons. 

At best, a lot of people assumed that the system NCSoft was talking about was simply the Weapon Progression changing to the other tree. I originally thought that too and was tempted to rush but I didn't due to the fact that I didn't know what NCSoft meant by this new 'system'. 

can someone confirm if we have to spend the same materials like Moonwater Transformation Stone,etc, and  basic fee of gold on True Siren to Awakened Pirate to True Pirate like pre patch when the new patch comes? or we have to use the new silverfrost transformation stone to them

Archived