Table of Contents:

I. Terminology and Abbreviations

II. Class Roles

III. Bosses/mechanics

IV. Drops/Loot

V. Other Helpful Links

VI. Closing Statements

I. Terminology and Abbreviations

• AoE - Area of Effect. An area is which damage is dealt.

• CC - Crowd Control. A term used to define an ability that can temporarily put someone in a downed state or a state in which they are unable to fight.

• DPS - Damage Per Second

• Iframe - Invincibility/Invulnerability Frame. An ability used which makes you invulnerable to attack(s).

II. Class Roles:

• Assassin - Melee DPS class. It is known that Assassins bring the highest single target DPS when played correctly.

• Blade Dancer (Lyn Blade Master) - Melee DPS class. With the correct gear and chi management, can output a fair amount of damage and with their CC and Phantom Grip (cMxgNc94xKVy8MJ-yfXMP-DkvjtA2N5G7AUtVJBR) can buy time for their party members to fit in DPS.

• Blade Master - I’d classify Blade Masters as the primary tank of the game, simply for their spammable Block (KbaTdHsUVBWisOrQtx4l6xO0BL0dnzo-W4J9qG66), their ability to hold aggro through DPS, high amount of evasive maneuvers, and invincibility frames. Blade Masters can easily carry out many of the mechanics of this dungeon with their CC and party utility, with the proper knowledge of course.

• Destroyer - Melee DPS class. When the player has their animation cancelling down, this class can bring the hurt as well as has a great skill set to help disable bosses with their array of CC and their grab ability, Seize (0Bp876vZqLNFI8AId7uYSr98Z9aff45okRjX2iUS)!

• Forcemaster - Ranged DPS class. Does great single target and AoE DPS. Although they lack in the CC department, they can bring party utility with their Ice Flower (BEaTluTPPOFnrVNYmR0XLuxqzDmhUuH-xlNyTzMO) which freezes nearby party members when attacked.

• Kung-Fu Master - Another great tank class! They also have a spammable Counter (dLPXOKD0wWe7lO3AIKJiDvbJhSHCaqJYFcRWpnKA) and variety of CC to control the boss with. This class also has a great amount of iframes to deal with many of the phases of this dungeon.

• Summoner - Ranged DPS class. Summoners also offer a great variety of party utility, CC, and debuffs to apply to bosses to increase or speed up DPS. Summoners also come with a cat familiar that can act as a tank with their Curl (XJ8MDsnvRu7uws0vDyLU7vBSJdqinYjpY_q4tWfI) for main bosses or to hold aggro on mobs. The cat also has the ability to grapple with Press (VayI6OxNjkGgW4xe9o3EqlIOU08J8Zy-he3QZpah), which can buy their party time to DPS freely.

• Warlock - A high burst ranged DPS class! Warlocks are usually sought after for their party buff, Soulburn (a1clR3wg2Dg_4ku_NsxVoW8Pec5XX0m26C22JeVs). Their ranged CC with Tether Blade (kl1K4D3leZBeQGI2pHSCVElTKt-EYcvty0p6rn1R) is also makes the first boss of this dungeon very easy.

III. Bosses/Mechanics

Boss 1:

With this boss, you will enter a room full of tiny mobs and a boss perched on top of an ice beam. You must find a way to do damage to the boss to have him fall, or get him down from his perch to allow your entire party to deal damage. There are two methods to this:

• Method A: Have the ranged classes in the party attack the boss while the melee classes run around and attack the smaller mobs. Collect the snowballs that are dropped by these mobs and throw them at the boss. After a certain amount of damage has been taken, the boss will fall and you may free DPS.

• Method B: Have two people use two crowd control/disabling abilities to knock the boss down. This can be two melee classes with ranged cc, two ranged classes with cc, or a pair. As long as the two abilities share the same effect, you will achieve the knockdown. For example, you can use Blade Dancer’s Soaring Falcon* (xQ-iGW8Matcj0t7VLHMGnJxty9z-9_5rgxcXRm_T) and Warlock’s Tether Blade (SgxhGjqNVYNuFLexE3WxhrraX2bSl938JJBWynrS) to achieve a double knock down.

•  

*Soaring Falcon must be talented for knock down

Boss 2:
For this fight you’ll come into a room filled with mobs and the main boss of the room. You may very well just go through and hectically deal with all of the mobs and the boss, or you can:

• Clear the mobs on the right while also avoiding aggroing the boss and other mobs in the room.

• After you’ve cleared the mobs, run onto the ledge while someone in your party lures the boss over. Doing this will cause the boss to come up onto the ledge but the mobs to be stuck at the bottom.

• To lure the boss, wait for him to walk within range and then use a single target ranged skill to get aggro (ex: Blade Master and Blade Dancer’s Soaring Falcon c3RNQ_lInjeXVR03vg2tX6w9fOlEKzowZ5707Rp6, Assassin’s Shuriken dv4Ux_e0VORa2oX5RDoSUljTd-jbtk4gkcPl98aC, or any of the ranged auto attacks fbDtFqgVtfZ3EQTipZBuCStIMZ2p0qiYcV4O6t1qvv98vY2E40DrOT870JXQiSJPGdvpJ4hrcwN1TfTukYULOXcxAYD9xb4qb__xUGMOTQOg2ZMxc0Ys-yIf), or you can disable the boss and carry him to the ledge if your class allows that (ex: Blade Dancer’s Phantom Grip cMxgNc94xKVy8MJ-yfXMP-DkvjtA2N5G7AUtVJBR and Destroyer’s Seize 0Bp876vZqLNFI8AId7uYSr98Z9aff45okRjX2iUS).

• Once lured, kill the boss and use AoE skills (LVy7G-vZDmfg1um6FPxdeQW7_-g2M0Us6g_vhSAWb4tbz1bBpvRfBppDy1cIXeufX9BZgRF1QKyqExmZ) to clear the tiny mobs that come from the top of the ledge once the boss has been defeated.

Final Boss - Angler Yeti:

Once you’ve defeated all the other bosses, you will finally meet with the Angler Yeti. Throughout this fight you will be hit with ground smashing attacks, blistering heat, and chilling cold. It is up to you and your party members to deal with these elements to defeat the large ice man!

Basic Attacks:

• Forward Slash/Claw: Will attack twice, swiping his hands in front of him doing damage in a cone.

• Double Paw: Will crush both of his hands together in front of him, doing damage in the area and stunning whomever is hit. *Can be disabled after animation

• Big Jump: Will walk backwards and then take a small leap at whoever has aggro, doing Aoe damage and knocking down whoever is hit. *Can be disabled before and after jump

• Small Jump: Will leap in place. *Can be disabled after jump

• Sweep: Will sweep with one hand in front of him, knocking back who is hit.

Special Attacks/Phases:

Heat Phase:

Yeti will jump to the center of the room and pull party members in, dazing them, and applying a “low temperature” debuff. After this, Yeti will grab the main tank (if within range) and apply a “heat” buff to them which will remove their “low temperature” debuff. Once thrown, the person will radiate “heat” from their body and then be leaped on by Yeti.

The main mechanic during this phase is removing the frozen status from yourself. There are two ways to do this:

• Method A: Main tank gets grabbed and thrown, while the other party members run to them to take heat from their body. The boss will jump to the main tank after being thrown, but it is important that the person who initially acquires the heat buff does not move until the boss launches toward them and your downed status has ended. This gives enough time for party members to take the buff and for you to iframe out of the attack (using your SS).

• Method B: If the main tank chooses not to be grabbed by running away from Yeti, you must disable the boss during his 2nd small jump to force the final “big” jump which opens the geyser. Once the geyser is opened, you must run and take the heat from this area.

Other Tips for Heat Phase:

• You can iframe the suck in from the boss using Q/E/SS (YOxPkAMJnVyLNdZcCmCU3eie6yG06yxQZcWYh7E3aWpzGfxFJ0ZKBXlQie2aq1ZtdUkq3dL2Og9y1X0CJU--4P_FN9FoOtu5tNX-1lCmc9jT1x-b3o9wWEj-lCAkl9Bbx0KOgxVm5ijHEyHqBvVrA-xe7Q74QDLgAuZPTLvLu4r1ciV5jB1dkDevOeogJlYf_vEpuyxn). This gives you free movement to be able to put yourself in a position to take heat from the main tank who has been grabbed or prepare to disable the boss.

You have 20 seconds to take heat before being frozen! If you become frozen, you will die from Yeti’s big jump at the end of the heat phase. However, you can be saved by Enhanced Seed Shroud (wdukgbR5SYhafBNOzC51jfntfbjqQqM-HwjVQUQ9) from a Summoner or Frost Sheath from a Forcemaster* (OBEKdbafPwpvwDI9W_pouOraTtsxYnwajcg2A_RB) if they are in your party.

*I have to double check on the Forcemaster Sheath, since I can’t recall 100%. If someone can verify, I’d appreciate it!

Cold Phase:
Yeti will stomp on the ground, causing an “avalanche” that drops stalagmites on the ground. 8 of these will drop to the floor and then Yeti will pull absorb these pools. After absorption, snowflakes will appear and Yeti will freeze everyone.

The main mechanics of this phase are to get rid of the ice pools to limit the number of attacks Yeti does and to avoid being frozen. To do this, please pay attention to these things:

• The stalagmites do damage as they fall. Avoid these so you stay alive and are able to take a pool if needed.

• There will be mushrooms that appear in the room. You may kill them if they become a bother or to use their bombs to remove pools.

• The number of stalagmites that are on the floor are how many attacks Yeti will do after freezing. To limit the number of these attacks, party members must take the ice pools on the ground. Two overlapping pools can be taken at once but you only have enough time to take one or one set of ice pools as you will be frozen upon taking them. The remaining number of ice pools will be how many times Yeti will attack.

• Once snowflakes appear, it is your job to iframe (YOxPkAMJnVyLNdZcCmCU3eie6yG06yxQZcWYh7E3aWpzGfxFJ0ZKBXlQie2aq1ZtdUkq3dL2Og9y1X0CJU--4P_FN9FoOtu5tNX-1lCmc9jT1x-b3o9wWEj-lCAkl9Bbx0KOgxVm5ijHEyHqBvVrA-xe7Q74QDLgAuZPTLvLu4r1ciV5jB1dkDevOeogJlYf_vEpuyxn) the freeze. Upon successful dodge, you are free to iframe any of the attacks caused from the remaining ice pools being absorbed.  If you are attacked during this phase, you will become frozen. If you become frozen (whether during attack or because of the initial freeze), you will die from Yeti’s big jump at the end of the cold phase.

Other Tips for Cold Phase:

• If you’re feeling ballsy and want to take 8 attacks after freeze, you are free to do so if you have enough iframes. For those classes who are limited on iframe abilities (you don’t have a Q/E or a bubble), I would suggest bringing along a Warlock to reset cooldowns with Soulburn (RX7egje8-weoapWHmHV6Vnn6yiEY9PGhVoLQyUvP) so you can iframe again. I wouldn’t suggest this as some classes don’t have 8 iframes/resists even with having their cooldowns reset and will take damage/become frozen and then die from the final jump.

General Tips for Yeti Cave/Avalanche Den:

• DO NOT SNARE YETI*! This will cause him to skip animations and mess up the rotation. Spec out of Grasping Roots (yL0sTg1ri-cVUxUyD0kzWb99YOz50pwzlzP26zAr) and Soul Shackle (zOmuQrsHWAur0VkeD_e5e8txCK6r58OhjfBvtq9o) and either avoid using them or talent them purely for damage (djuOyjQbizRFkT4FBvlgZnYSatJ4SE64_ioBFBeq).

*It is rumoured that Forcemaster’s chill debuff can root the boss and force him to skip animations, but I have not seen this being an issue in the times that I’ve ran it on this class.

IV. Drops/Loot

Possible drops throughout the dungeon are:

Weapons:

• Yeti Weapon

Soul Shield:

• Yeti Soul Shield

Accessories:

• Yeti Ring

Outfit Items:

• Snowfield Fur Headgear

• Pale Wanderer

Other:

• Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 1

• Blade Master’s Winged Protector

• Kung-Fu Master’s Counter

• Destroyer’s Hurricane

• Forcemaster’s Impact/Force Blast

• Assassin’s Decoy

• Summoner’s Seed Shroud

• Blade Dancer’s Malestrom

• Warlock’s Soul Shackle

• Honorary Ornament

• Frozen Venom Dart

• Hae Mujin’s Machismo

• Radiant Energy

• Broken Oathbreaker’s Sword Blade

V. Other Helpful Links

Blade & Soul: Yeti Cave Guide by Freedomplays

{Blade & Soul} Solo Yeti Cave - Warlock by KeyboardCat

[Blade & Soul] Cave of Snowman (Solo Play) - Blade Master by X TaeGeun

VI. Closing Statements

Feel free to comment with any suggestions or fixes! I’ll edit the guide accordingly. For any further questions, you can stop by my stream or contact me through Twitter.

Looks good. One thing to note (Although I doubt people will be able to do this) is that the freeze phase can be entirely skipped if you have enough damage. Also, when the yeti sucks puddles in he does a number of stomps equal to how many puddles are left. Each time he stomps and you get hit you get a stack applied on you, I believe it was up to 2 (may be one) that you can still live through if frozen though ideally you won't be frozen at all. 

Just now, lnvisibleOne said:

The 24mans in 50 cap work differently than they do in 45cap. They aren't 24man versions of 4 and 6 man dungeons, theyre seperate 24 person cap dungeons all together (not talking about the 4 party raids either). 

Ah, that's fine. As long as these 24-man give more EXP and gold total than E. Fleet/Nightshade as they should by nature, I don't really care if they have their 6/4-man versions or not. Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, lnvisibleOne said:

Looks good. One thing to note (Although I doubt people will be able to do this) is that the freeze phase can be entirely skipped if you have enough damage. Also, when the yeti sucks puddles in he does a number of stomps equal to how many puddles are left. Each time he stomps and you get hit you get a stack applied on you, I believe it was up to 2 (may be one) that you can still live through if frozen though ideally you won't be frozen at all. 

I know, but the point of guides is to break it down in the most simple terms/mechanics as possible for the average player. Thanks though. c:

On 3/25/2016 at 0:45 AM, Els said:

Would it be possible to have all your guides in one place ? :o

I have them all under this forum account now. o:

On 3/25/2016 at 11:16 PM, Nutrient said:

How do you avoid getting frozen when he does heat phase #3 (where he doesn't grapple and throw for heat buff)? I usually just dragon life it.

You CC him. o: Stand under him and he'll open a geyser after a big jump and give you heat.

From my observations, using Tab/F out of Yeti throw prevents people from taking heat. Furthermore, Force Master's Frost Sheath DOES NOT protect you if you are already frozen by Yeti. These ultimately led to a couple wipes when this Force Master got thrown, got entire party frozen by Yeti, and their sheath did diddly squat.

You have 20 seconds to take heat before being frozen! If you become frozen, you will die from Yeti’s big jump at the end of the heat phase. However, you can be saved by Enhanced Seed Shroud (wdukgbR5SYhafBNOzC51jfntfbjqQqM-HwjVQUQ9) from a Summoner or Frost Sheath from a Forcemaster* (OBEKdbafPwpvwDI9W_pouOraTtsxYnwajcg2A_RB) if they are in your party.

*I have to double check on the Forcemaster Sheath, since I can’t recall 100%. If someone can verify, I’d appreciate it!

So, in my case I am the lucky force master. :) I want to be able to save my party, if at all possible. But, I need more validation here. First, it doesn't appear anyone verified that sheath will work in the heat phase to prevent others from dying in the case that they did not receive the heat buff (to get rid of "low temperature"). Have you heard otherwise? Also, I am interested in testing this out, except I don't know whether there is a cue or sign so that I can decide when to use the sheath ability. Could you provide insight here? My guess is that I wait through the 20 seconds and hit sheath at like 18 seconds? But, it feels silly to manually time that... Thank you again for any assistance here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20.3.2016 at 1:56 AM, PopstarPaci said:

Blade Dancer (Lyn Blade Master) - Melee DPS class. With the correct gear and chi management, can output a fair amount of damage and with their CC and Phantom Grip (cMxgNc94xKVy8MJ-yfXMP-DkvjtA2N5G7AUtVJBR) can buy time for their party members to fit in DPS.

Also if tank avoids being grabbed BD has double stun skill that is very useful in heat phase. Many people surprisingly expect BDs to do this.

On 3/21/2016 at 1:56 PM, PopstarPaci said:

Assassin's Decoy, Blade Master's Winged Protector (Hongmoon), and some Blade Dancer skill (I forget the name) all have the same effect as this.

9 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Also if tank avoids being grabbed BD has double stun skill that is very useful in heat phase. Many people surprisingly expect BDs to do this.

Am I the only one who finds kind of odd how BD's and Destroyer's roles overlap a bit regarding CC and grabs?

Just now, Tsuchiryu said:

Am I the only one who finds kind of odd how BD's and Destroyer's roles overlap a bit regarding CC and grabs?

It might seem overlapping but not every single party have Destroyer. Also when I was in party with random people and there were destro I asked do they want me to double stun during heat phase and I got yes as an answer instead of "Destro gonna do it". Also in my opinion BD's grab is a bit better than Destros since we can use multiple skills to inflict damage during that time while what I have experienced and noticed Destros just stand there holding the boss without being able to inflict damage.

16 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Also in my opinion BD's grab is a bit better than Destros since we can use multiple skills to inflict damage during that time while what I have experienced and noticed Destros just stand there holding the boss without being able to inflict damage.

What....? 

You should play another melee class then and look how you can proper dps a boss while being grabbed by a BD. 

Half of the grabbing time a melee dps needs to search for the bosses hitbox because of this fcked up BD grab. And when we finally found the hitbox and the grab is over the boss gets another completely different hitbox as before. 

Destroyers grab is 10x better than BDs grab because BDs grab fcks up the bosses hitbox so bad.

This may be no problem for FMs or other range classes because they don't have to search for the hitboxes but like I said: for melee classes this grab is pure pain. 

Just now, Shiune said:

What....? 

You should play another melee class then and look how you can proper dps a boss while being grabbed by a BD. 

Half of the grabbing time a melee dps needs to search for the bosses hitbox because of this fcked up BD grab. And when we finally found the hitbox and the grab is over the boss gets another completely different hitbox as before. 

Destroyers grab is 10x better than BDs grab because BDs grab fcks up the bosses hitbox so bad.

This may be no problem for FMs or other range classes because they don't have to search for the hitboxes but like I said: for melee classes this grab is pure pain. 

I play BD and when ever other BD grabs I never before needed to search for the hit box. Nor I have had this issue with other classes I have played. But I assume it's only preference how you play and what you got used to.

Archived