The reason why ncsoft release silverfrost on 23rd march

Rocketman

2 minutes ago, HeiHua said:

Gameplay in this game is complete rubbish, total garbage. 

Grindfest this you will regret your time to even think about playing this game.

Have you actually played the game yet? Or are you basing your opinion of it off of a 5 minute compilation review? I'm not saying it does or does not have better gameplay than BnS, as I haven't experienced it. I'm simply saying that it would be worth checking out for people who don't put so much importance on graphics.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is pretty much dead. The new content may bring some people back but only for the time it takes them to complete it and realize it's pretty much the same thing they've been doing before only worse.

It's a shame but really the NA team killed the game with their incompetence and mishandling of the plethora of problems they introduced:

bots

terrible balance in pvp

gold spammers

Every single "solution" they've implemented has only aggravated the userbase with gameguard not doing shit to curb the bot population, further messing with class balance and being as silent as possible with community managers that have almost less personality than bots...copy / pasting answers like a CS rep instead of addressing the concerns of their paying customers.

I hope they can get it right by Silverfrost but I've 0 confidence in them.

1 hour ago, HeiHua said:

I hardly see any competition coming from this game at all. 

Well, as far as i love 2d games this is a 2 class lesser league than BnS. 

Does it have its own balanced arena? Does it have fraction wars? Does it have nice and adaptive item system like BnS have? Can i wear anything and make my character look cool and not forced to see same suit over over and over again? 

Does it have its balanced market place? How is the class balance at all?  

This game cannot compete with popular and years old game with the enjoyable lore and superb combat system, sry. 

ToS has a lot more to offer than BnS.. IF anything, BnS is like a DLC comparing to it. I've played every single beta & the alpha.

Just 2D is all, it's still got modern combat.

i really dont think u can compare TOS to this as the combat system is absolute rubbish.  

IMO, id rather go back to vindicitus or even GW2 with its dumb down combat system.

Anyhow, a lot of members leaving can also do with The Division.  

Sometimes people are just fed up of bots and stuff like this and want to go back to a TPS.. (third person shooter)

And The Division being a lot like Destiny, the dark zone can keep you busy for hours.  

29 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

i really dont think u can compare TOS to this as the combat system is absolute rubbish.  

IMO, id rather go back to vindicitus or even GW2 with its dumb down combat system.

Anyhow, a lot of members leaving can also do with The Division.  

Sometimes people are just fed up of bots and stuff like this and want to go back to a TPS.. (third person shooter)

And The Division being a lot like Destiny, the dark zone can keep you busy for hours.  

To bad the Dark Zone is so poorly thought out and implemented that you're better off staying in carebear land for superior loot. Unless all you want to do is go rampant vicious and slaughter people the Dark Zone is bad.

1 hour ago, Balefire said:

that game looks....... childish is the only word that comes to mind.... *shrug*

no interest. So one more player that wont be leaving BnS for something else anytime soon.

Lol, did you even realize that Blade and Soul is a kids game? Honestly, ToS is neither more than less a kids game than B&S is.

Let's see what I mean:

1. Races: Did you look what kind of races exist in B&S? There are the cute&small Lyn for everyone who likes childlike appearances, and the Gon for everyone who wants to have Hulk added as his 2nd first name, although being a hulky,bulky Kung Fu master isn't just stupid but also very unrealistic

(Bruce Lee wasn't Hulk, right? Just look at all the Asian Kung Fu stars like Jackie Chan, Jet Li e.g....).

2. Battle System: While the game seems to be featuring a thrilling combat/battle system with several distinctive classes,

featuring their own weapon skins, all in all they are all(excluding Kung Fu master) armed with either a baseball bat or a paper fan (whatever you favor more, I think paper fan would be most fitting). The reason I'm saying this is because the battle animations of the weaponry ( the "swords" mainly) aren't featuring how a sword is to be used. Just looking how the Blade Dancer is throwing wind or electricity at the enemy and how endless "beatings" with a bladed weapon have totally no effect on the enemy makes it clear that the animations are made in a way that compromises +- no violence while still having "awesome" effects.

3. Age Restriction and Adult Content: So while Blade and Soul features a lot of naked skin *looks at cash shop costumes*, the actual adult content is +- nothing in this game. There is neither the display of realistic blood nor the excessive amount of "violence"executed on a certain spot of an enemy. So while the "throwing around and beating on the ground" is indeed very violent and posing mortal thread in RL, if you compare it with other games, it's +- on the level of ToS. To compare a real adult action MMORPG with it, one has to look at Mabinogi Heroes (aka Vindictus in NA/EU). This game not only features heavy useage of blood (very realistic amounts, also featuring better rag doll physics for dieing enemies [also better death cries]) but also makes you feel like you really slashed through the enemy. Since a more recent patch, enemies in the new lvl 80+ regions can also be dismembered [meaning you can cut them into pieces], making especially bladed weapons feel more realistic than ever. MH also features special grab skills that show very effective and battle proven techniques to kill your enemies (e.g. smashing their heads into a wall or breaking their vertebrae on your knee), and you can even cripple boss monsters in battle by "break off", a system that allows you to cut/break off a certain part of the monster and get it as a drop, requires good reflexes and is especially hard to achieve on certain bosses.

Be it nailing your enemies into the ground or chaining them to a wall/together, climbing them to shoot directly into their brain or just throwing blinding grenades to immobilize them for a few seconds, that game features a very realistic and adult approach to combat, and sorry to tell you, B&S is on a kids level compared to this, because obviously in a real battle you'd want to dismember/cripple your enemy, ensuring your win/survival that way. Just beating the enemy as if you have a baseball bat in hand is stupid, unrealistic and just to keep the  age restriction low (although children can't even get an internet provider contract on their own to play the game...).

So long things short, ToS kids game = B&S kids game, if you have any objections, go play Mabinogi Heroes and compare those two, and come back with a solid base to argue, not only based on graphics alone...

8 minutes ago, Sithaer said:

I don't see how this game's relase is related to BnS playerbase or how would it threaten it.

If anything that game reminds me of some kind of a Facebook/Phone game.

Easy there, you're going to wake up the RO fanbase. 

1 hour ago, Gumshim said:

Lol, did you even realize that Blade and Soul is a kids game? Honestly, ToS is neither more than less a kids game than B&S is.

Let's see what I mean:

1. Races: Did you look what kind of races exist in B&S? There are the cute&small Lyn for everyone who likes childlike appearances, and the Gon for everyone who wants to have Hulk added as his 2nd first name, although being a hulky,bulky Kung Fu master isn't just stupid but also very unrealistic

(Bruce Lee wasn't Hulk, right? Just look at all the Asian Kung Fu stars like Jackie Chan, Jet Li e.g....).

2. Battle System: While the game seems to be featuring a thrilling combat/battle system with several distinctive classes,

featuring their own weapon skins, all in all they are all(excluding Kung Fu master) armed with either a baseball bat or a paper fan (whatever you favor more, I think paper fan would be most fitting). The reason I'm saying this is because the battle animations of the weaponry ( the "swords" mainly) aren't featuring how a sword is to be used. Just looking how the Blade Dancer is throwing wind or electricity at the enemy and how endless "beatings" with a bladed weapon have totally no effect on the enemy makes it clear that the animations are made in a way that compromises +- no violence while still having "awesome" effects.

3. Age Restriction and Adult Content: So while Blade and Soul features a lot of naked skin *looks at cash shop costumes*, the actual adult content is +- nothing in this game. There is neither the display of realistic blood nor the excessive amount of "violence"executed on a certain spot of an enemy. So while the "throwing around and beating on the ground" is indeed very violent and posing mortal thread in RL, if you compare it with other games, it's +- on the level of ToS. To compare a real adult action MMORPG with it, one has to look at Mabinogi Heroes (aka Vindictus in NA/EU). This game not only features heavy useage of blood (very realistic amounts, also featuring better rag doll physics for dieing enemies [also better death cries]) but also makes you feel like you really slashed through the enemy. Since a more recent patch, enemies in the new lvl 80+ regions can also be dismembered [meaning you can cut them into pieces], making especially bladed weapons feel more realistic than ever. MH also features special grab skills that show very effective and battle proven techniques to kill your enemies (e.g. smashing their heads into a wall or breaking their vertebrae on your knee), and you can even cripple boss monsters in battle by "break off", a system that allows you to cut/break off a certain part of the monster and get it as a drop, requires good reflexes and is especially hard to achieve on certain bosses.

Be it nailing your enemies into the ground or chaining them to a wall/together, climbing them to shoot directly into their brain or just throwing blinding grenades to immobilize them for a few seconds, that game features a very realistic and adult approach to combat, and sorry to tell you, B&S is on a kids level compared to this, because obviously in a real battle you'd want to dismember/cripple your enemy, ensuring your win/survival that way. Just beating the enemy as if you have a baseball bat in hand is stupid, unrealistic and just to keep the  age restriction low (although children can't even get an internet provider contract on their own to play the game...).

So long things short, ToS kids game = B&S kids game, if you have any objections, go play Mabinogi Heroes and compare those two, and come back with a solid base to argue, not only based on graphics alone...

I said the game looks (notice I said looks, which would imply I was commenting on the graphics and nothing else) childish, which while you  did manage to rant yourself silly on my statement you never addressed. It does in fact look childish. Deal with it.

At no point did I address races in either game but to address your statement regarding races in BnS. The lyn are based on actual Asian mythological creatures, so what if they are cute. And Gon can be made if not short at least normal sized and skinny no need for bulk unless you want your toon to look that way. I also notice you didnt mention the Jin or Yun. I am guessing you had nothing bad to say about awkwardly thin and tall women or normal looking humans.  And by the way if you want an example of a famous bulky asian martial artist simply google Bolo Yeung. Your argument is invalid. 

I never at any point addressed adult content in the game so not sure where that portion of your rant came from. But grats on you for venting about how you think that a lack of blood and gore means a lack of violence. I am curious what makes you qualified to determine how a sword "Should be used?" As far as I have seen the animations for at least the BM show a very Tai CHi sword style, similar to what you see in movies such as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Now I am not saying that movie sword play is realistic. But I am not qualified to determine what is and what isnt.... cause I have not trained for years to become a swordsman... 

Anywho... doesnt change what I said in my original response to this post. ToS LOOKS (see what I did there?) childish in comparison with BnS. If my opinion bothers you, you will find that I couldnt care less.

3 hours ago, Rocketman said:

the reason is because of this:

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=296

ToS server will live on 29 march, so yeah they dont want to lose player.... same thing happen when BDO goes live, they release new patch sooner

I left Blade & Soul at level 45 / HM4, went to Black Desert Online and got to level 50 something and left that game too, and i'm currently waiting for Tree of Savior as well

3 hours ago, HeiHua said:

Gameplay in this game is complete rubbish, total garbage. 

Grindfest this you will regret your time to even think about playing this game. 

This game has a much larger fanbase than Blade & Soul ever had.. players from Ragnarok Online, Secrets of Solstice, and Final Fantasy Tactics have been waiting for an MMO like this for many years

Now theres 3 things regarding the OP

1. His stuck in True Profane

2. Couldnt find a better game to consider a threat to BnS

3.All the above + his one of those who think NCsoft is threatend and is forced to release Silverfrost

ok seriously tho what makes you think Tree of Savior is a threat to Blade & Soul?

because lot of casual player playing BnS, in order to prevent those casual player from moving to ToS they release the content sooner

not all people love to grind and farm doing the same shit everyday.....

tos gives you lot content to explore

I put about 100 hours into the last ToS beta, but it got pretty boring and felt pretty one-dimensional. Not close to Ragnarok in variety. Not close to this game either, but maybe after a couple years, there'll be more to do. Plus, the beta was already infested with bots and other exploits.

maybe I should quit BnS and play this new game since there was a huge thread about updates coming too fast.... and everyone thinks the new update is coming in mid-late April and BAM it's in 2 days. I am really pissed I cannot get to true pirate in time.... I've been working my ass off since the announcement and yet they make it too fast. I wish they would all go die in a fire... for real

"Let's not fix the bots and just throw more content at the hardcore players. SCREW casuals. that'll fix it all"

Its totaly diffenrent game and gentre so i dont get where u going with this thread especially when many people dont like diablo style games cause well u have diablo if u want something top notch...  ( i must agree tree of savior looks cute and fresh but i just dont like diablo style games sadly).

7 hours ago, HeiHua said:

I hardly see any competition coming from this game at all. 

Well, as far as i love 2d games this is a 2 class lesser league than BnS. 

Does it have its own balanced arena? Does it have fraction wars? Does it have nice and adaptive item system like BnS have? Can i wear anything and make my character look cool and not forced to see same suit over over and over again? 

Does it have its balanced market place? How is the class balance at all?  

This game cannot compete with popular and years old game with the enjoyable lore and superb combat system, sry. 

Sorry to say buddy, but in Korea, Maplestory, which is a decade old, is still the top 5 most played mmo (mmo in general, not just mmorpg). BnS used to stick up with the cool dudes, but it is a fact ToS is a contender for the market.

4 minutes ago, xArinx said:

Sorry to say buddy, but in Korea, Maplestory, which is a decade old, is still the top 5 most played mmo (mmo in general, not just mmorpg). BnS used to stick up with the cool dudes, but it is a fact ToS is a contender for the market.

Not to mention, Maplestory does well in developing countries within South East Asia, where their economy is growing. Lol.

8 hours ago, SasakiKojiro said:

It seems like they will lose players regardless with all the problems

Not saying that the lvl 50 content will deliver even more hardcore grindfest gear evolution, so for HM skills etc.

I'am pretty sure not even 20% of the actual player have at least reached awakening pirate & pirate jewels.  ( thanks to the ridiculous Ah pricing, bad SS income, low gold income with daily.. etc )

many ppl complain about how its a boring grind, and its going to be even worse with the new content.. xD

That, with the very bad server setting ( that will certainly never be changed ) that deliver bad ping + skill delay

Thoses guys just totaly ruined the game. That's pretty much incredible.

4 hours ago, Luffs said:

went to Black Desert Online and got to level 50 something and left that game too,

if you leave a game once you rushed the the "max lvl" so exploring nothing, nor barely experienced half  of the game

I doubt any mmo in the world would ever be able to please you tho :]

Archived