New 50 lvl big update

azraelkun

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, expecting Silverfrost Transformation Stones to be at their most overpriced right after the update, which is when it will be at its lowest supply and highest demand, what with them probably needing to be crafted rather than having main quest line reward you a couple and a good chunk of people in between True Profane and True Pirate needing them with the new weapon path. Best to do for now is farm money instead of mats... and lvling your Soul Wardens and related guilds.

Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking in-depth about each of these content pieces, but visit our website now to see what’s in store for you.

This was in the March 15 newsletter.  If they're still talking about it for the "next few weeks", then everyone will have time to at least get to Awakened Pirate.

I am confused. I watched the Blade and Soul livestream this past Thursday. During this stream the associate producer of the game clearly stated we will provide you with more information about the expansion in the coming weeks! I was exited. WTF happened?!

I must agree I clearly remember hearing that statement too, I guess they are not really the ones in control, seen it in the past streams they say one thing one week then the opposite the following week, probably the worst PR I have ever seen.

Hey!

I recently started the game and managed to get my destroyer to 45 and got my weapon to siren. During this my accessories fell behind and are still infernal. They are at the breaktrough to siren but cant afford the mats yet since its 4 mwts and soulstones for neck, ears and ring. 

Seeing how the new expansion is soon here and I cannot possibly get any of the infernal parts to siren during this time I gotta ask if im screwed? 

Yes, im sure the option to farm to get the accessories upgraded after the patch is still there but how easy will it be to get people to tons of 45 things when everyone is 50. 

Hope someone knows cause right now im pretty worried.

Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Xorec said:

Hey!

I recently started the game and managed to get my destroyer to 45 and got my weapon to siren. During this my accessories fell behind and are still infernal. They are at the breaktrough to siren but cant afford the mats yet since its 4 mwts and soulstones for neck, ears and ring. 

Seeing how the new expansion is soon here and I cannot possibly get any of the infernal parts to siren during this time I gotta ask if im screwed? 

Yes, im sure the option to farm to get the accessories upgraded after the patch is still there but how easy will it be to get people to tons of 45 things when everyone is 50. 

Hope someone knows cause right now im pretty worried.

Thanks! 

dont worry about Accessories their upgrade paths are not changing, as far as we know, and after patch if anything they will be cheaper to upgrade. 

This new patch is more about the weapon changes and the new paths require different materials than the old paths, so theoretically the old materials prices should drop as the demand will be far less.

Gotta love that the update schedule is revolving around 5% of the playerbase, who are students, and play 10 hours daily. Well, my $50/month is nothing for them of course, but I am sure I will be spending it somewhere else.

The game has a rather nice pace from level 1 to 45. Everything upgrades reasonably. You're never so bogged down by costs. You never hit a wall. They should at least provide your first moonwater stone. Bad enough that it costs, effectively, 12 silver for every Hujikar chest you open(3 keys at 4 silver each).

It can quite conceivably take 10 tries to get the Hujikar for True Infernal upgrade

3 keys each, that's 30 keys. 4 silver per key makes it 1 gold and 20 silver. In all, nearly 4 gold for the upgrade on basic costs alone. Add in the 4 gold from the moonwater stone and it's a monumental task at the time. Not nearly so bad when you're 45 doing the dailies

In any case, you can't manage it immediately. It feel staggering. When I was a new player, the end-game felt like a mountain to climb and every triumph that got me to the next upgrade was lacking any satisfaction as it was merely more costs ahead. I didn't feel like it was exciting, just work to participate at the level everyone was demanding.

Now, as for how I enjoy myself now..

Waaaaaay better to just work for a couple days and then use my gold for outfits. That feels WAY more satisfying, and its faster. 

7 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

dont worry about Accessories their upgrade paths are not changing, as far as we know, and after patch if anything they will be cheaper to upgrade. 

This new patch is more about the weapon changes and the new paths require different materials than the old paths, so theoretically the old materials prices should drop as the demand will be far less.

Thanks for the answer but that really makes me worried. As i stated in my post - how easy will it be to get my accessories farmed up when the playerbase are 50 and I will run around needing 45 instances, and mats.

So all n all im screwed? :P

Yeah... costs to upgrade in Moonwater goes WAY up and it's not until Hujikar when you REALLY begin to feel it. Makes sense with it basically being the current endgame, but with Silverfrost arriving? This could be an opportunity to make gear evolution feel more gradual instead of the absurd spike it is today. Not that I'm expecting NCsoft/Bloodlust to be reasonable like that, no, but one can dream...

5 minutes ago, Xorec said:

Thanks for the answer but that really makes me worried. As i stated in my post - how easy will it be to get my accessories farmed up when the playerbase are 50 and I will run around needing 45 instances, and mats.

So all n all im screwed? :P

At level 50 with a level 50 weapon you should be able to very easily solo most if not all level 45 dungeons, plus I'm pretty sure you wont be alone, I imaging over at least 50% of the playerbase will still be running 45 content just for the accessory upgrades .

Also remember the gear 'jump' from 45 to 50 is not really that big, remember infernal gear is like rated level 36, but still very effective at 45. 

10 minutes ago, IxFa said:

Bad enough that it costs, effectively, 12 silver for every Hujikar chest you open(3 keys at 4 silver each).

It can quite conceivably take 10 tries to get the Hujikar for True Infernal upgrade

3 keys each, that's 30 keys. 4 silver per key makes it 1 gold and 20 silver. In all, nearly 4 gold for the upgrade on basic costs alone.

What? Why 4 silver each? Did the prices gone up that much? I thought they would be around 50copper/key in the market. Take a look if it's still the case, might save you quite some gold.

I am pretty upset. I had a plan set up for gearing chars that i needed at least till april to get done... they said it was coming out in spring how could they switch it to such a soon date? how did they not have the actual date on hand if it was THIS close? i hope they push it back to april or this is going to become annoying.

Just now, Negaimu said:

I am pretty upset. I had a plan set up for gearing chars that i needed at least till april to get done... they said it was coming out in spring how could they switch it to such a soon date? how did they not have the actual date on hand if it was THIS close? i hope they push it back to april or this is going to become annoying.

They knew it, of course. If I knew it, I would have saved up gold instead of doing the daily chores and buy mats to upgrade asap. I've never seen any other game with a 2 day deadline announcement before a huge content update which is changing really much in the game. 

Should I be saving any certain mats up?

Should I just get my weapon to true pirate of accessories too?

I heard you can get the new hongmoon skills + BSH one using Naryu silver in this patch?

Should I be levelling my faction up more?

29 minutes ago, Purestic said:

What? Why 4 silver each? Did the prices gone up that much? I thought they would be around 50copper/key in the market. Take a look if it's still the case, might save you quite some gold.

Actually, I sold most my keys for 6 silver each and re-purchased at 3.70s each

I've never seen it below 3 silver, though.

is it really true or some stupid joke from tweet manager? My friend just left the game with "I won't be playing game where they don't even announce patches on official website. And lol man 2 days? No thanks" Even though I feel bad about friend leaving game I do feel even worse about game right now. I must say his speech had some points. Announcing mayor patch only 2 days before release? And on stupid tweet? Not even on official website? Shouldn't website be 1st thing saying it? Idk seriously feels super bad right now, almost lost interest in game because of this stupid *23th march* tweet..

Unfortunitely, It appears to be true. Forum moderators would of probably clarified by now if it wasn't true instead of locking/merging threads. 

Also, first announcement was actually on Youtube; not that it makes it any better lel.

Archived