Blade Dancer Difficulties

Moggie

I'd like to start off by saying that I've played every other class so far (besides warlock) and I don't think I've ever been reduced to 0 hp before blackram narrows (for most of them, I never even had to use healing items). I recently started a blade dancer and have already died in the dreamdrift, the adder's nest (the easy main quest version), while simply killing bulbari's in songshu isle, potdogs in the same place, stonebiters a bit further south, and the sacrificial grounds outside Oakshade village. For the first time I'm not sure I can even get through the main quest line on a character. They seem to have virtually no defensive skills, and their offense isn't great either. So far they just seem like an inferior version of blademaster, as they have a lot of the same skills but no block. I'm going to continue to try to push this guy forward through the main quest line, I just found it surprising that there's such a huge gap difficulty-wise between them and the other classes.

Blade dancers rely on Iframes, not blocks or defense.

I lvled from 1-45 without problems using Sunder Wind passive and Typhoon and 5 iframes on Z.  

in late game the way BD's play is by ani cancleing LMB F in Lightning draw stance.  But untill you are around 45 with a decent amount of crit than you should rely on sunder.  Lightning draw stance relies on your crit rate to stay in draw stance.  

whats your build and whats causing you problems?

Oh, I don't approve of animation cancelling :(

Mostly the problem just seems to be caused by low defense/hp. Since they don't have any way of avoiding damage besides Q and E, which have ridiculously long cooldowns, I mostly just have to tank everything. For offense I just hold LMB mostly, as RMB has too long of a windup and often does more harm than good, and I set the spin attack thing on the parry path, so I can attempt to block some of the attacks.

Yeah leveling a BD isn't exactly a faceroll event like Warlock Summoner or FM, you actually have to use your skills correctly to not die, and the class doesn't really come into it's own til later levels when their main two DPS rotation kicks in. 

Honestly though the easiest way to do it is to spec Vortex into the stun on attack so you can just perma CC enemies as you beat on them. Problem is that won't help you in the long run. BD's are all about iframes and being hyperaggressive. When you get geared at endgame though all you do for DPS rotations is LMB/F Anicancel (For like 25 seconds depending on your critrate) and 1-> RMB/F (Until you get unlucky and don't crit 3 times). Don;t underestimate RMB, it's your BnB rotation when Draw Stance is down and the DPS output from it is pretty impressive. It's also your only real AoE clearing ability.

Archived