New to Blade Dancer, need advice.

Nogueira

Hi, i'm loving the class and I mainly PVE.

Currently level 26 and I tested the ani-cancel with Flicker+lightning flash, it's good, but as I see the eletric buff only lasts 10sec, how do I refresh it? Only C can give me that buff?

As far as I see only 2 skills puts me in draw stance, C and V(specced). Is there other skill that allows me to switch frequently?

The main DPS so far is Sunder + Rolling Typhoon and Flicker + Lightning Flash, is that right?

You got it right pretty much. Depending on your build, that is.

Personally, I don't use lightning focus with Storm Cleave. I prefer using wind focus and multislash, but that's me. Keep playing and learn what fits you best. You won't really have a good idea until you get higher level and have more skill points to play with.

Your options are limited at 26 but eventually your DPS rotation will be one of two things.

C (Better) or V (Awful) into Draw Stance -> LMB/F for as long as you can, usually 15+ seconds. Use Z to extend it needed via Flaming Scourge.

1 (Spec'd for regen) -> RMB/F for as long as your crit enough time to proc F.

Press 2 at any time to refill your focus gauge.

In instances you do the RMB combo -> LMB combo -> Back into the RMB combo -> Rinse repeat forever. Fall asleep as you DPS.

Omnislash is love, Omnislash is life. I tried many builds on my Blade Dancer and nothing was more fun than Omnislash/Multislash aka. Instakill button. And if they arent dead yet, you can use Rolling Typhoon right after it! Dont forget to spec into Wind Focus. The damage will be ridiculous.
I also tried the lightning build, but I felt limited regarding the fact that I didnt know what to do when both my Draw Stance switches are on cooldown. It is also very focus costly... I prefer Wind build a lot. And if you spec into the wind build, you wont lose dps on your lightning attacks, which means you have more damage overall. I definitely love going wind build with a lot of sustain/ life steal/ hp regen, you know what i mean.

-Ra9eQuit

C and V are the only ways to enter draw stance, but you aren't forced to leave draw stance until you run out of focus. So with lightning build you can usually drag out draw stance with Z to stay in draw stance for most of the fight. When you run out of electric surge, you can't use lightning flash anymore, so you can alternate lmb and rmb instead. Lightning strike costs 0 focus and does more dmg than flicker, so if you take the triple cast version (t3f1) you can do rmb->lmb->lmb->rmb etc to save focus (rmb->rmb has a long delay so you need to alternate between rmb and lmb).

Since you only have 2 ways to enter draw stance, you have to avoid attacks without using tab or X. Those moves are good for avoiding damage, but they put you in basic stance. Lightning build is very unforgiving for PVE because you can only use Q/E/SS/RMB. It is bad if you don't know the boss patterns or timings because you will get hit a lot and either die or lose draw stance from using tab to escape a stun.

At lower levels, there is no need to put points into lightning skills. Mob HP is too low to bother with draw stance, so it is easier to just use sunder+typhoon. I recommend spec'ing sunder so it has 8m range instead of 5m, it will be much easier to hit multiple enemies at once that way. It also lets you attack from a distance during boss aoe moves, which is useful if you don't know their exact timing.

At level 28, phantom grip is also a decent source of damage because of blade swarm. If you plan to use phantom grip a lot then you should spec t3f2 for focus recovery. It will help party members and also help you, since blade swarm costs a lot of focus. Without t3f2 phantom grip you will only be able to use blade swarm if you grab at full focus, which is not practical on bosses since you rarely have full focus when they are grabbable.

5 hours ago, Zel said:

C (Better) or V (Awful) into Draw Stance -> LMB/F for as long as you can, usually 15+ seconds. Use Z to extend it needed via Flaming Scourge.

FS gives you electric focus during lightning surge and using it after 15+ secs of draw stance just to regen focus is a waste of dps(unless you have 100% crit chance and generating charges on crits during LS).
Do to our natural good dps i don't recommend using Storm cleave in end-game dungeons with random party,better use it as a heal to save your own arse:D(since you will be tanking 70% of the time)

You can easily chain C into V through Z, as long as you have over 50% crit you'll never really stop.

In any case if you're actually taking aggro from a real tanking class then they're not doing their job. You should be able to take aggro for the first 10 or so seconds but lose it quickly no matter how good your DPS is. There's a limit, and it's not high enough to steal aggro via raw DPS.

On 3/22/2016 at 8:36 PM, Zel said:
On 3/22/2016 at 8:36 PM, Zel said:

You can easily chain C into V through Z, as long as you have over 50% crit you'll never really stop.

In any case if you're actually taking aggro from a real tanking class then they're not doing their job. You should be able to take aggro for the first 10 or so seconds but lose it quickly no matter how good your DPS is. There's a limit, and it's not high enough to steal aggro via raw DPS.

My experience with pugs is that half the time you don't have a tank class. Even if you do, those "tanks" don't even have their skills specced for threat so there's a good chance you may end up tanking.

Archived