Game Issues and Why I'm Quitting (Rant)

Bl00dthirst

On 3/21/2016 at 0:43 AM, TheHorror said:

Casual games makes the most $$$$$, look  on the smartphone games,  the  casual   make more than the grindy ones   because you know  most casual   actually   have a job,  job= money , money they would spend in a game if  they would enjoy  doing it,   but to spend money  on premium   and do a grindfest for   half a year  to upgrade  your gear  because yo know  you can't play   more than 15 hours  a week...  than  why spend money  at all in a game so unfriendly to casuals. 

Exactly.

On 3/21/2016 at 6:00 AM, TryGoogleThis said:

inb4 everyone witch hunts the guy.  let him have his meanings on the game.  better people list their reasons for leaving ´hopeful´ ( i know chances are 0.01% chance)  ncsoft will wake up and press toward fixing some of these problems within game 

there is one point i find utterly disgusting tho.. Soulstones..  Really dislike how spoiled people are.  If they dont want to pvp they can buy them from market place. sadly they too used to casual mmorpgs like WoW.   I wannna bet you not a single person that complain about soulstone played DAOC or EQ or any other ´real´ mmorpg.

I actually played WoW for about 5 years and the grinding of dailies got so god awful that I did the same thing I mentioned in my OP, I quit. Not to mention I was hindered every time I tried to raid because my schedule either didn't line up with the raid schedule or we just wouldn't make any progression and end up smashing our faces on the keyboard after like two hours of dying on the same boss.

On 3/21/2016 at 5:50 AM, Eladriel said:

I guess prices of tear depend on the server,unless they changed during the night on my and now are 50s. When i started doing farming brightstone tears were around 80-90,at some point they even reached 1g per tear but that was only for few days so in the end for some time it was worth farming. You can't get banned from doing solo runs since game was designed in that way, Ogong dungeon exploit was bannable cause people got to boss without defeating captains to open doors.

Doing brightstone with assassin takes around 7-9mins,kill minibosses in stealth and that's it,Pigsty dungeon is actually the most fastest way to do it with sin,takes me 3-4mins per run,considering i can stealth all the way to mini boss and then to main boss without the need to kill adds/mobs and boss attacking me,but yeah it's hell of a boring and i would need hours still for decent amount of gold to earn.

At the end if you're a casual player,a person with job and social life this game is becoming less and less for you. Even with lv 50 patch coming that brings higher amount of gold per quests,it still wont help,cause at some point gold required for upgrading/evolving weapon will be higher then the amount you can farm as a casual player,same as it is now.

Exactly,im playing 1 mobile game and people there spend literally thousands of dollars for it,i myself have spent probably around 1k euro for it in 6+ months that i play,and that's considered too low,there are people who spent probably around 5-10k every few months, I'ts not that im buying pay2win stuff,it's that i like the game very much and enjoy playing it and often spend money for new events and such and it's a mobile game which means it's very casual friendly.

But i guess comparing mobile games to MMOs it's really fair or right thing to do,but they could all learn something from mobile games.

That's why they probably put legendary items in shop in some B&S versions,they know that people can't farm 24/7 at least not all players. Considering i heard drop rate for legendary box is so low that maybe like 1% of server has a weapon if not even less. And that boxes cost around 6-10k gold,not to mention upgrading that weapon from lv1-10 costs apparently almost around 10k gold as well.

Exactly like you said with, "At the end if you're a casual player,a person with job and social life this game is becoming less and less for you. Even with lv 50 patch coming that brings higher amount of gold per quests,it still wont help,cause at some point gold required for upgrading/evolving weapon will be higher then the amount you can farm as a casual player,same as it is now."

The game literally just punishes you for being a casual which....makes no logical sense, plus the things you actually can spend money on aren't even worth it. I bought Gem Hammers off the store and sold them at about 3 gold a piece, which is a joke considering they cost 160 Ncoin and you need 250 gold for true pirate. So much wasted money, haha.

On 3/21/2016 at 6:00 AM, TryGoogleThis said:

inb4 everyone witch hunts the guy.  let him have his meanings on the game.  better people list their reasons for leaving ´hopeful´ ( i know chances are 0.01% chance)  ncsoft will wake up and press toward fixing some of these problems within game 

there is one point i find utterly disgusting tho.. Soulstones..  Really dislike how spoiled people are.  If they dont want to pvp they can buy them from market place. sadly they too used to casual mmorpgs like WoW.   I wannna bet you not a single person that complain about soulstone played DAOC or EQ or any other ´real´ mmorpg.

I mean, the fact you can buy them from the market is irrelevant dude if you look at what they cost. It just revolves right back around to the money grind.

On 3/21/2016 at 6:08 AM, Hotshot said:

The only reason why people complain about the game is just the fact they arent good in the game and see others pass by while u are Strugeling

instead of Trying to find info or learn about the game u rather complain and stil play the game or u quit and play another mmo thats alot easier for u.

every mmo i have played always there are people like u making these threads just simply cuz they cannot get or reach what other players have.

u have to ask urself this

Why are alot of people better then me and doing so much better farming the gold i need?
Why is everyone better then me in pvp and why the bots ruin my fun.

Answer: u suck and dont spend time to get better.

You couldn't be anymore wrong if you tried by saying I'm bad. The fact that I have a life outside of a video game doesn't mean I'm bad at it. It means I don't have as much time to invest in it. If I spent the same 10 hours or more a day that some people play for my gear would probably be completely maxed out by now.

As for PvP, the fact I'm fighting a bot just annoys me rather than fighting a real person, which hinders me from getting better. Sure I could look up guides except people like you would still be like, "Nah, you're still a scrub because you used guides."

Except....that's what guides are for. To....guide you in the direction that's the proper and most efficient one.

On 3/20/2016 at 1:47 PM, Bl00dthirst said:

Yep, this is a rant but I'm basically just going to list off all the issues of this game and why it made it so depressing for me to even log in.

1. The bots. There's bots in PvP, PvE, and gold selling bots. The Destroyer bots in PvP run scripts that make them nearly unbeatable. The gold selling bots are just extremely annoying and you don't have enough spots to block them all so they don't spam the chat, spam you with friend requests, and all that good stuff. Plus in PvE I've actually seen Destroyer bots teleporting across the map.

2. End game is extremely lacking and unrewarding, most of it being an immensely unbalanced grind. Dailies don't reward enough, amount of materials needed for upgrades are too high, and the base cost for upgrades in gold are far too high as well.

3. The game constantly lags, whether it's from latency or from FPS. I never had stable FPS running this game even on the lowest of settings with a Nvidia GTX GeForce 850M graphics card which has 2 GB of VRAM.

4. The grind, which was already somewhat mentioned. You have to pile such an absurd amount of hours into this game just to accomplish little to nothing that it's absurd. There's no balance, especially when you look at how quickly they're putting out new content. The only way you could possibly be fully geared by the next content patch is by dumping 10 or more hours into the game a day or a ton of money.

5. The community for the most part is pretty unsavory, although not everyone I talked to was like that.

6. The balancing of classes is pretty bad at level 45, although I know the game wasn't intended to be capped at 45 in the first place. It just makes PvP that much more difficult.

7. Having an item (Soulstone) that you can really only get from doing PvP, which is bad for three reasons. The game should either be geared toward PvP or PvE, you shouldn't have to PvP in order to get an item for PvE progression. The balancing of classes at PvP is not the greatest, it's pretty bad actually which makes getting soulstones that much more frustrating and complicated. You get virtually nothing but Destroyer bots in 1v1 and Summoner bots in 3v3. Destroyer bots are pretty much a direct counter to Assassin at level 45 and Summoner bots ruin 3v3 by turning it into 2v3 which isn't exactly fun if they're on your team. It isn't even fun when they aren't on your team because it makes the match incredibly easy and boring.

8. THE BOTS. The bots have been an issue for months, ever since the game released on launch day there was at least gold selling bots and now there's the PvE and PvP Destroyer bots that I mentioned earlier. The fact that it's been an issue for months and nothing has been done about it is sad.

9. End game as a whole is just extremely unrewarding. The RNG is imbalanced. The material and currency cost for upgrades is too high, and the rewards from doing dailies is too low. Yeah you can make about 10 gold or a little more if you do all the dailies that give the most money except....that takes several hours even if you happen to have over 440 AP and are geared to the teeth.

In all honestly I had high hopes for this game when I heard about the CBTs and even when I first heard it was coming to NA but there's just too many flaws for it to be enjoyable for me. The story is well done and leveling was actually pretty fun and had a great pace to it, unlike the grind that leveling by itself can be in some games where you just want to press your face into the keyboard to press buttons after a while because it gets so repetitive and boring. But yeah, on another note I do wish the people deciding to stick with the game enjoy it and maybe this little rant I had of pointing out all the issues with the game will help some people decide if the game is really worth their time or not.

I hate bots in arena not because they're unbeatable, but because they're too easy to beat. Diamond this season is a joke because of the "unbeatable" bots you're talking about.....

On 3/21/2016 at 11:39 AM, Saxon4 said:

I am sure you are a teenager that still lives with mum and dad, doesn't have children, isn't married,or has bills to pay so it's a bit easier for you to say "everyone sucks". Perhaps I am wrong,and you do have responsibilities,and you use all your leisure to get this game done. What it all comes down to is- it isn't about who sucks or who doesn't.  I do find that very  ignorant to say. Maybe you weren't raised right or with manners. Comparing you to others is very ignorant. Someone's lifestyle determines who is going to get far on this game and who isn't :) Some work for gaming companies,and all they do is game so everything is at their reach,and a bit easier. Some are rich in RL,and own 10 PCS which they can use for BOTS. Some don't give a shit about their wives,their family,or their career,and only care about their own self gratification. It depends on lifestyle ! I for one cannot play this game as much as you or the other "hardcore" players because i have a family,a good job so I will never be maxed. It's not because I suck it's because I get 3 hours a day if I am lucky. I get these comments everyday about my gear never evolves,and I suck. I am a Swede lol You can't get to a Swedish man over material ! It's a pixel !!! It's a bloody game that goes off when your monitor does. Back to reality !!! The day you realize reality from fantasy you will be a better person. Sorry about the rant but I did think it was absurd,and a bit shocking. You should think about others over yourself or have some mercy on the one's that aren't as entitled or spoiled as you. Cheers :)

For the number 2 comment. The one's sitting with the best end game gear are the children that go to school,come home,and play all day till the lights go out by mum.

Had to laugh a little at how ridiculous this was but uhh, I didn't know pointing out issues with the game meant I was being entitled or spoiled. I know what reality is, I have a job and life necessities to take care of every day....hence the logic and point behind me pointing out the issues I did. 

17 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

I like that most of these complaints are a result of the 45 cap and you're quitting... a few days before the 50 cap hits NA/EU.

I've been keeping track of the expansion and they already gave a teaser that's already kind of swaying me to go back to the game, not to mention that Assassin is getting buffed a tiny bit.

13 minutes ago, crayonblackchan said:

I hate bots in arena not because they're unbeatable, but because they're too easy to beat. Diamond this season is a joke because of the "unbeatable" bots you're talking about.....

Destroyer is almost a direct counter to Assassin, which is what my character is so....obviously I'm going to struggle. Although I'm sure people playing the better PvP classes have little to no issues. Also not to mention the FPS drops I get while trying to do Arena and stuff.

I'm hoping the PvP bot situation will become more tolerable following this next patch due to soulstones becoming so plentiful via faction farming. PvP is going to give almost nothing in comparison, which will hopefully ruin incentive for bots to PvP at all.

On 3/21/2016 at 10:03 AM, Lurkios said:

1. Yes, bots are an issue and we all hope it's fixed soon.

2. I disagree, plenty of folks are sitting there with end-game gear already. Personally I think it should be more difficult to obtain, if anything.

3. The 850M is a crappy mobile card, it was never meant for something like B&S, it was meant for watching videos on flights and playing Pokemon emulators.

4. Same complaint as #2, see #2.

5. Yep, we're full of special snowflaks that foul up the forums with "I'm quitting." posts and the like...

6. Answered your own statement here.

7. You can buy soulstones with gold.

8. Same complaint as #1, see #1.

9. Same complaint as #2 and #4, see #2.

tl;dr - Don't let the door hit you...

If you think a 850M with 2GB of VRAM is a potato then....that's hilarious. It's considered a higher end graphics card on at least a few different major bench marking sites. The game is optimized badly, many people have said this and even pointed out why.

So, move along mister forum warrior.

631 posts, hah.

5 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

I'm hoping the PvP bot situation will become more tolerable following this next patch due to soulstones becoming so plentiful via faction farming. PvP is going to give almost nothing in comparison, which will hopefully ruin incentive for bots to PvP at all.

I hope so too, that would be the dream anyway. But, I'll probably use every resource I can to get soulstones till my gear is at the point where I don't need them anymore. But, doing PvP and not finding bots while getting soulstones would be awesome, I would enjoy PvP much more that way. Especially since the destroyer bots counter assassins from a class stand point.

Archived