The RNG in this game is horrendous

Hinalover

Now I can somewhat understand the wheel of fate RNG being bad (70+ attempts and not one chest outfit). But the fact that I'm going through 20-30 chests to get one weapon is absolute asinine. Earlier today on my warlock, I went through 15 chests to get a Razer from Profane. 2 weeks ago I spent 25 chests to get the force master weapon from Hajikar. And now here I am on my Blade Master spending the last 2 hours farming Croak King's Court for the Razer for my Warlock. I've farmed the place 18 times and not only have I gotten every weapon BUT the razor (all 7 of them). I just got double of each of them. Now you can say I can either buy it from the auction house or use a key. But a) I'm not spending the 1 key I get for free on that. b) I'm not spending 2 gold for this one item where every other weapon is selling for 5-30 silver. I might as well sell some of these to get some money for my worth.

One would think a 1 in 8 chance (12.5% chance) of dropping should show up within 15 attempts. But apparently not.

But this RNG is getting frustrating.

It eventually dropped on my 22nd try but still. I'm royally pissed off.

I would seriously hate to see how crate drop rates will be once Spirit Fighter joins. 1 in 8 seems bad (12.5% chance to drop). But Spirit Fighter will make that chance worse (11.1% chance to drop).

RNG will always be RNG

the algorithm is set that way to make it feel like its more worth it when you do get something you want.

How it works is this. Yes you have a SET percentage chance of getting what you wanted.

but with RNG algorithm in place that chance is reset each time you renew the algorithm 

i wish i could make it simpler but its justt how the math works. 

Upsetting i know but almost if not every MMO/game will have this sort of system

Good lord.

The reason it is frustrating to you is that your evolution path is not natural, it's forced and speed up.

You had another main for months and saved money on it, finished the entire game and upgraded your stuff on the way without not worrying much about getting your evolution weapon right away. 

Then you made a warlock and u hurdur rush content and went through upgrades so fast because you had money and materials saved up already.

Are you really going to complain about killing 2 very easy mobs 30 times to get what you want RIGHT AWAY?

Nothing happens overnight unless you're lucky. All you had to do for profane was buy cheap essences and spam it. There's 0 effort in it. Hujikar is also same, a mob thats available 24/7.

Good luck getting your True Siren/Pirate etc then later on.

h3vuDs5.png

It wouldn't really be random if the weapons are distributed too evenly over the course of 16 attempts.
If RNG were that simple, they might as well just hand out evolution weapons on a silver platter, but there would be no sense of achievement in that. xP

You obviously dont understand how math works... (7/8)^21 = 6% chance. Thats not even a tiny chance. 

I dont even know what ur complaining about. Most people complain that the rng is rigged or something because they dont get the weapon for their class. You did not get the weapon for some OTHER class so what are you even complaining about. Sure it was the weapon that you wanted, but how should be game know what you want? RNG is RNG.

You decided to not buy the weapon, and then you complain that it's not dropping for you when you farm it. Hilarious lol. Also you can do this complete dungeon in like 2 minutes or so with a decently equipped 45 char so 20+ runs dont take that long, but there are better ways to earn money and if you had a decently equipped char and enough money i guess you wouldnt complain about spending 2g. But seriously, you had the choice of farming it and spending the effort to spare 2g, or spending the 2g and investing time to farm the 2g again. Not to mention that if you sell the weapons you farmed you easily have the 2g by now too. I really dont get people who complain about something and then they even had another option and didnt even have bad luck to begin with. There are people with 80+ tries, that's where i start feeling with them - and only if it's a purple item and not something you can actually buy. You are just funny.

1 hour ago, Yomachi said:

It wouldn't really be random if the weapons are distributed too evenly over the course of 16 attempts.
If RNG were that simple, they might as well just hand out evolution weapons on a silver platter, but there would be no sense of achievement in that. xP

Speaking for myself, beating the RNG boss doesn't feel like an achievement all. When I try time after time after time to get that weapon and finally get lucky, all I can think is "man what a bunch of bullshit," because there is nothing you can do differently. You can't get better. You can't try a different build or a different strategy. It's simply a gamble. It's luck. And it's not in the least bit satisfying.

Getting together with your friends, practicing and trying different strategies and finally beating that difficult encounter felt like an accomplishment.

The RNG in this game is horribly misplaced.

statistically speacking

you have 12,5% chance to find a item.

EACH time.

numbers have no memory

hence each time you try to find your weapon there is the 12,5% chance.

fullstop.

there is no "i tried 10 times" because each try is unique.

1-(7/8)^15 = 86.5% of getting your weapon in the first 15 attempts. In other words, 1 out of every 8 times you open a box, you have to open at least 15 before seeing your weapon.

There are 4 minimum times you'd need to try RNG to get to Profane. Blight, either Golden Deva or Tomb of the Exiles (whichever you choose not to use a key on), and 2 of either Hujikar, Profane Jiangshi, or Brightstone (The ones you don't use your weapons on).

So, just by doing the minimum RNG attempts, it is a 50/50 shot that your character would get stuck somewhere for a bit of time. You're just the 1 out of every 4 players who has had it happen on two straight characters. And if you're not buying the blues from AH (which you could do by selling the failures to earn income, or even just using quest gold), then it'd be even more likely.

So is the RNG bad? I guess you could call 1/8 bad on something that takes literally 2 minutes to do. But it is certainly not horrendous, especially considering that there is no failure penalty. If you want bad RNG, look at Tera's +9 success rate at launch (which one guy I knew attempted 200 times), or look at Aion's +20 rate (1/243, with each stone costing the equivalent of 10g here, failure making you drop to +15), or look at Archeage's mythic success rate (only 1 on the server, failure lead to the item getting destroyed).

Actually each run took 4-5 minutes to run so wasting 2 hours on something that should not have taken that long is what I was pissed about.  The fact that it took 22 attempts and getting 2-4 duplicates of every weapon but the one I wanted is what really pisses me off. Yes I know RNG is RNG but when i had 2 string of bad RNG in one day, I would say I would be ticked off.

All I'm suggesting is some form of RNG "PROTECTION" for weapon drops. Something along the lines of increased chance on a weapon you don't have in your bags. Considering leveling up, Weapon upgrades are one of the biggest things to upgrade, slowing down your leveling experience just to farm a weapon can feel frustrating.

As I indicated this is not my first alt. I already leveled and partially geared up a Force Master before this. And as mentioned I had horrid RNG on that toon as well (25 attempts on the Hajikar boss before I got the weapon drop on that (3 keys per attempt = 75 wasted keys))

As for choosing not to buy, Are you telling me that you would spend 2 gold on an item when EVERY OTHER WEAPON from that instance is going for 5-40 silver? Yes I know people are capitalizing on new Warlocks, but I call rip off on that.

only thing thats annoys me is oblivious lower rng for my class i have 3 classes on all of them there was point in game where i used 30 keys and dropped everything but my class item.  
Chance of that happening is very low.......  in one point i even drop 10weapons from every single class but mine i was forced to buy key cause i lost hope and thats why if u want your class weapon and its not account bound roll with other class u will get it .......

Archived