Cat Taunt Vs Thrall Taunt.

Praipus

I was in Brightstone ruins today tanking for my party. I'm a summoner and usually compensate for not having a tank in the party. Today though i got in a group with a warlock who's thrall was statted with taunt. For some odd reason, whenever my cat was mid taunt and the warlocks thrall flew on top of the enemy and taunted, it would take the aggro away from my cat and then reset the aggro back to me instead of giving it to my cat again. Is this intentional or a bug? I would presume since my cat had aggro first, that my cat would keep aggro even though the thrall was trying to aggro. But that's just me. Any input? @Rukkirii@Babbletr0n@Hime

This pet aggro system likely works by disregarding aggro buffs and whatnot. Since I have a BM I know no matter how many aggro buffs I have cats still manage to get aggro regardless of how many aggro skills I used. So it would seem like pet taunt skills disregard one another. So if the thrall currently has aggro and you pop your taunt, your cat will instantly get aggro and completely disregard the thrall's taunt. What I can't figure out is why your cat didn't get the aggro back once the thrall's taunt ended. Maybe your cat's taunt effect had already ended by the time the thrall one ended. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise it must be a bug, yeah, where taunt effects can't overlap and the first one immediately gets removed.

Archived