Sin hate?

KyouOu

You all kinda prove my point, that sin is more independent class.

Sin AoE skills has somewhat long CD.

Anyway, my complain was about the party skills not the AoE.

Shadovvv

I consider those as one skill. Since you can use one at combat.

1- ( Lotus of Escape Stage 1 Tier 3 - Lotus of Rescue - Fighting Spirit)

2- ( Smokescreen Anti-Projectile + Focus Regen + Healing - Smokescreen Stealth)

3- Decoy Stealth + Healing

4- Highwire

Haven't come to use those often beside anti projectiles smoke screen, party rather to use stun to grab or pinning instead of highwire, since it's last longer.

2nd Decoy doesn't seems to work right for me lol.

Lotus rarely used.

Other classes skills and rolls seems more party involving than sin.

I don't know Kasady but haven't seen any class with less AP than me, even tho my gears are more upgraded :(

devildawg

I never said sins aren't good vs alot of mobs, even noob sin can stealth and kill them one by one.

I kinda use the same combo as you, in different order, but time to CD specially Poison breath is kinda long. What I like about sins is that they kinda have infinite chain of combos, so not big deal.

But are you putting sins in same level of AoE as WL or FM?

Again, wasn't talking about sin AoE was talking about party skills.

Btw Bolt strike stun not daze ;)

Well for AOE, WL wins, Hands Down! (get it? lol) Anyways, FM doesnt have a lot of AOE except for i think 3 attacks (if i recall), which 1 of them can be spammed and 2 have a long cooldown. And if the FM specs for AOE, which I know a lot dont. 

Assassin is a DPS class, which is meant for DPS. Some other classes "roles" are for the cc, then let the SIN get to work and melt everything while enemies are being cc.

I guess i'm really just trying to defend the SINS against the toxic people who dont want them in a party since they dont understand the class at all. I've never come across this because I play with my clan and they LOVE me in their parties since I can pretty much do anything. And dont forget people, if you are really good, you can save lives with smoke screen, which will allow you and your party members within range be resistant to damage and status effects for .5 seconds. And if you decoy near the tank they will recover their HP (if you spec this of course)

Totally agree with you. And I didn't get it lol xD

They should think twice now with Fighting Spirit I loving it more and more :)

We should abandon all classes and make parties of sins going all perma spamming FS hahaha.

I tbh am a noob sin. When I used to play in TW I would almost always go full ninja and DPS my way through the dungeon so I'm not too sure about the support. One reason why I didn't use be support is that Sins are very good at taking care of themselves and also whenever I tried to provide support to my teammates they would just ignore me and run to their FM or Sum (rude). So after awhile I stopped speccing support and let them run to their FMs or Sums or BMs. Now for the damage. SINS DO AMAZING DPS. Even with my 250ms ping I would out damage almost all the time. Every time I'm out of stealth I would draw aggro, and mind you there'd be KFMs and FMs and BMS or whatnot ani canceling their ass off.

The next bit, just skip it if you want to but it's just comparing my experince as playing other classes and Sin.

Now back then my main was a WL lvl 50 HM5, my second was a FM lvl 50 HM2 and then my sin lvl 50. Here I'll be comparing my experience with the 3.  A high DPS all in one WL build requires you to keep tabs on all your cooldowns and chi, all your party members and predict if everyone of them have enough chi, etc for you to use awakening (awakening in TW idk what it's called here) and make it as effective as possible for your whole party (you have like one good support and other utilities which other classes do much better. You do have another very unique utillty which saves your party from CC but it ain't that good before 50), also you'd have to keep a very close eye to your surrounding since your very squishy and if not careful you're as good as dead. You also have okay DPS. As a sin however I feel like I have less responsibility towards others unless they need like a quick teleport. Also I'm more mobile and have a better DPS. I'm less squishy and my mistakes are a bit more 'forgiving' for me since invisibility saves me from losing like 75% of my health if I make a blunder in high level dungeons. In terms of difficulty? Being a meh WL is easy but being a good WL takes a little more effort than playing a Sin. BUT!!! Sin is more fun to play.

NOW for FM.I was an Ice FM btw.  RUN IN CIRCLES!! PEW PEW!! AGGRO!!! RUN SOME MORE!! BUBBLE SHIELD!!! KITING LIKE A BOSS!!! AGGRO!!! YOU CANT TOUCH THIS!! ICE FLOWER!! *thank you force mastersama for saving my life with that ice flower~nyan* LMB-RMB-1!!! press "F"!!! NUKE WITH DA FIREBALLZZZ!! Now you may play with your feet whie you use your hands to finish your dinner. Now, is FM difficult to master? Yes, absolutely. Do you need that level of skills in PVE? Absolutely not. Is it more fun to play as a Sin? Heck yeah it is!!! Does sin have better support capability? Not sure. But if I had to go in a dungeon as the only support for my whole party then I'd go as a FM. Why not WL? I feel lik FM can keep your mates alive for longer than the other 2. Also FM played right is nearly untouchable in PVE. To top that FMs are damage powerhouses. Not just nukes. In boss fights Ice build can dish out heavy DPS which can be sustained for as long as your hands don't cramp (No I don't mean that icicle rain thing, I only switch to that tactic when my hands are cramping from destroying my keyboard and it needs a rest). Overall as DPS I'd say FM and Sins are....Sin takes the cake by just a little. But in terms of utility and keeping people alive and running, FM wins.

Just my experience playing three classes and comparing 2 of the most wanted classes in parties with my Sin. (Just a reminder, I'm not a master ninja, shinobi assed sin. So don't be a butthurt if I offended you in any way)

PS- I was a perma stealth, lightning build. :)

On 3/31/2016 at 7:00 PM, devildawg said:

No offence but people who play sins who say they arent good in parties (vs lots of mobs) doesnt know how to use a SIN :P 

AOE attacks:

Shadow Slash

Lightning Rod

Poison Breath - stacks poison --> combine into lightning stride for an easy 19k crit damage to everything in its path. 

Bolt strike - dazes anything in 3m radius

-> combo into haywire

Landmine

All of these attacks can do massive damage, especially gathering enemies, stealth, then lightning rod from stealth into poison breath. That alone can literally almost kill or kill as many mobs as you hit. 

As a SIN, i typically ALWAYS take aggro. When I was using True Profane I was taking aggro from over 15 people back in NSH 24 man, and a lot of them were using True siren or awe pirate at the time. I even take aggro playing now vs GHS and FE/beastbog. shadovvv is correct though, people dont understand what exactly SINS can do. They only think we stealth and spam 2 buttons. Maybe a noob SIN will do this, but I use ALL of my abilities and do massive damage. SINS are by far the most versatile class in the game. Ive played FM, summ, Destroyer, lock all to 45 and I still prefer my sin waaaaay more. So many more options for them, if you know how to effectively use them. 

Also, dont forget about fighting spirit. 

I play both sin and bm, both 45+ and plat+, and can honestly say they are the most versatile classes in both pve and pvp. Bm would be a class you should try out. You'll notice a huge dps decrease, however. 

On 4/3/2016 at 7:53 AM, forpnstone1 said:

going invisible has always been a gay tactic which cheap players like, what more if you can hit/stun while invinsible, its a dream come true. 

What?,,,,,,you know you can partially see a invisible character if you really look right?.....and if you have any experience in PVP fights you would know that most of the sins invisible skills puts them behind you, you just have to spin and use a non target skill...also if a sin is doted it immediately pulls them out of invisible...and lets not forget the simple AoE pull skills to hit a sin in invisible....

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say you just don't know how to deal with the class....

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:53 PM, forpnstone1 said:

going invisible has always been a gay tactic which cheap players like, what more if you can hit/stun while invinsible, its a dream come true. 

Play an assassin. once you have you'll never miss them again. You can ALWAYS see them you just have to be observant. Not only that but do you see many assassin heal skills.... neither do I, maybe 3, 4 (and even then these have to be "comboed" against the enemy. + assassins wouldn't be very good at their job if everyone could see them :D

On 4/4/2016 at 10:41 AM, Kasady said:

also if a sin is doted it immediately pulls them out of invisible...

Except for scummoner's Doom N' Bloom and other stuff, this isn't true. Other sin's poison or bleed won't kick us out of stealth.

20 minutes ago, cameron said:

Not only that but do you see many assassin heal skills.... neither do I, maybe 3, 4

• Lotus Fury: 20%/50% life drain damage, 2% heal per resist. 45 second cooldown, and requires a target to use.
  • Dark Strike/Lightning Pierce: 5% life drain damage.
  • Close Shave: 10% life drain damage.
  • Smokescreen: 10% health over 10 seconds in a 3 meter radius field, 30 second cooldown.
  • Decoy: 2% health over 5 seconds on counter, 8 second cooldown.
  • Poison Breath/Choke Bomb/Plaguemist: 50% life drain damage, 45 second cooldown (1 minute for Choke Bomb).
  • Stealth (Tab escape): 5% on grab escape, 36 second cooldown.
  • Lotus of Escape: 1% on Escape Call, 30/45 second cooldown.
  • Fighting Spirit: 70% life drain damage, 1:30 minute cooldown.

Except for Poison Breath and Fighting Spirit and Smokescreen to a lesser extent, everything we get from healing amounts to literally nothing, and our main healing skills have incredibly long cooldowns. Summoners and Force Masters laugh at this healing kit.

2 hours ago, Moistz said:

does closeshave actually even give legit 10% because i use it in pvp and i hardly see a difference

10% of a few thousand is a few hundred, and you have 43k HP in arena, so ultimately you're healing about 1% per Close Shave.

9 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Except for scumoner's Doom N' Bloom and other stuff, this isn't true. Other sin's poison or bleed won't kick us out o stea

• Lotus Fury: 20%/50% life drain damage, 2% heal per resist. 45 second cooldown, and requires a target to use.
  • Dark Strike/Lightning Pierce: 5% life drain damage.
  • Close Shave: 10% life drain damage.
  • Smokescreen: 10% health over 10 seconds in a 3 meter radius field, 30 second cooldown.
  • Decoy: 2% health over 5 seconds on counter, 8 second cooldown.
  • Poison Breath/Choke Bomb/Plaguemist: 50% life drain damage, 45 second cooldown (1 minute for Choke Bomb).
  • Stealth (Tab escape): 5% on grab escape, 36 second cooldown.
  • Lotus of Escape: 1% on Escape Call, 30/45 second cooldown.
  • Fighting Spirit: 70% life drain damage, 1:30 minute cooldown.

Except for Poison Breath and Fighting Spirit and Smokescreen to a lesser extent, everything we get from healing amounts to literally nothing, and our main healing skills have incredibly long cooldowns. Summoners and Force Masters laugh at this healing kit.

Lotus fury is max 20% at the minute due to no hongmoon being out, at least not to my knowledge.

You cannot have dark strike, lightning strike and close shave on at the same time. Only one can be on.... And the health you get from close shave isn't that great. So we'll sum these up as 1 skill in total

Smokescreen yep.

I guess decoy works and I can't say it doesn't exist, but there are better things to throw 4 points into, I don't see many people using this.

Posion breath yep, but again most sins op for venom swarm.

Tab yep, IF they're grabbed (which they may not always be)

Lotus of escape and fighting spirit come under the same key so we'll count that as 1 skill.

So that's 7, puts me 3 off. However if you do your typical sin build it puts you down to 5 (and 2/5 of these skills heal you for so little damage)

If you take my build it puts you down to 4 because you don't have lotus fury. But I guess it just depends on what skills you take.

Archived