Please sign this thread if you feel they falsely advertised the game and if you suffer from the BOT situation.

reilo5

Its actually pretty simple.  NC just have to subscribe to the most used bots to get latest version and use those signatures to perma ban anything using it along with a temp (say 1 wk IP ban, as IPs are rarely static).  They also could reverse engineer the more advanced bots to actually seek out bots in lobby areas and other zones and query them with a sort of captcha system and if they fail the I'm not a bot query they are insta-killed for all to see, get a 48 hr ban and reported to GMs for review.  These NC Robo Sentries would patrol zones where resources are gathered, arena Queues, dungeon lobbies and other areas reported as frequented by bots.  It would be an awesome sight to see watching NC bots wipe out all the bots we see and can do nothing about.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Randomonium said:

Its actually pretty simple.  NC just have to subscribe to the most used bots to get latest version and use those signatures to perma ban anything using it along with a temp (say 1 wk IP ban, as IPs are rarely static).  They also could reverse engineer the more advanced bots to actually seek out bots in lobby areas and other zones and query them with a sort of captcha system and if they fail the I'm not a bot query they are insta-killed for all to see, get a 48 hr ban and reported to GMs for review.  These NC Robo Sentries would patrol zones where resources are gathered, arena Queues, dungeon lobbies and other areas reported as frequented by bots.  It would be an awesome sight to see watching NC bots wipe out all the bots we see and can do nothing about.

^

This would actually work if a dedicated coder at NCwest didn't mind spending $30 to buy the bot software being used under a false name on the forums they get distributed on.

Yo NC gimme a few outfits and I'll throw a $30 your way easy so long as you use it to do this kek.

9 hours ago, triplethreat said:

Uh what? A square KM? 10,000 square feet is 100x100. So the whole perimeter is 400 feet. How is 4oo feet close to a kilometer?

9 hours ago, Dracconus said:

hahaha...I never even noticed the second portion of that...
Those math skills though.  No wonder he's not a programmer.

https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=LxF7UrDbLMXC8geBwoCoBw#q=10000+square+feet+to+meters

929 square meters to be exact, and a 1000 square meters is a kilometre squared, need I go on?

Signed. I ran on these bastards not too long ago on Windrest server. I was like "Okay I'll just afk and kill some miniboss in the open world. And out of nowhere I see three berserker dudes that look exactly the same. The only different thing between them are the names. Some "asaudyaufdyhaf" kind of names lol. And they kill the boss on auto attack.

Then I went afk for about 20 min. When I come back I see another three characters that looked like a tesseract, folded one into the other. With similar names and the same appearance. The hell is up with these people. Fix please! xD

1 minute ago, Dracconus said:

Dude, you're overthinking it...
1.  it was a typo.  I apologize.  I was unware I was unable to make those after 48 hours awake trying to find solutions to the problems people are complaining about in these forums.
2.  Their operations room is massive, and kept secret from any camera.
3.  It's staffed 24/7
4.  Your epeen is still tiny
5.  Your entire argument is completely invalid to the point of the original statement.
6.  You're making yourself look like a jackass for arguing about simple shit that no one really cares about.
7.  Regardless of how large the room is it is a house of operations for anti-hack measures that STILL doesn't work 100% which was the point that your overly-literal ass couldn't see.
8.  Grow up.

To the individuals saying "They just need to buy the bot."  They don't even have to do that.  Don't you think there are people that have done that and submitted it to them already?  C'mon, think ahead.  Furthermore, they KNOW what addresses they're using >.<
lastly, ban anyone that uses those addresses...so...everyone?
This...pure cancer.

Those math skills though?

Your attitude is everything that is wrong with the younger generation, you need a good smack in the head to pull you in to line.

17 minutes ago, Taemek said:

https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=LxF7UrDbLMXC8geBwoCoBw#q=10000+square+feet+to+meters

929 square meters to be exact, and a 1000 square meters is a kilometre squared, need I go on?

Dude, you're overthinking it...
1.  it was a typo.  I apologize.  I was unware I was unable to make those after 48 hours awake trying to find solutions to the problems people are complaining about in these forums.
2.  Their operations room is massive, and kept secret from any camera.
3.  It's staffed 24/7
4.  Your epeen is still tiny
5.  Your entire argument is completely invalid to the point of the original statement.
6.  You're making yourself look like a jackass for arguing about simple shit that no one really cares about.
7.  Regardless of how large the room is it is a house of operations for anti-hack measures that STILL doesn't work 100% which was the point that your overly-literal ass couldn't see.
8.  Grow up.

To the individuals saying "They just need to buy the bot."  They don't even have to do that.  Don't you think there are people that have done that and submitted it to them already?  C'mon, think ahead.  Furthermore, they KNOW what addresses they're using >.<
lastly, ban anyone that uses those addresses...so...everyone?
This...pure cancer.

Get over it boys and girls, they aren't fixing the bot situation. The game apparently doesn't even have simple anti bot processes put in place to at least make it difficult for bots.. just go take a quick read at elitepvpers. Normally with most other games, the client won't start unless 'Game Guard' and or Launcher does a quick scan to see if any malicious programs are running or crucial files were messed up. Then the game starts if everything is OK. With most games, they'll do what's called a heart beat check, where while playing they check to see if game guard is running or any funky business is going on. NCsoft doesn't do any heartbeat checks and it seems like they aren't even scanning for funky data passing threw the servers.. botters are simply disabling game guards scan and the client will boot up and play just fine lol. 

The game has been out for 5 years in SEA, that's NCScofts primary market and bots are STILL there. Exactly what makes you think they'll dump resources into fixing the NA version? This was nothing more than a easy cash grab n go to fund their next project. 

This game isn't worth it, it's already dead and there are better ones out there. I don't wanna see ya guys waste ya time here. 

10 hours ago, Dracconus said:

Last time I checked bots, and hacks didn't stop anyone from playing the game.  They're just complaining because they THINK that it's some simple fix even though MUCH larger game development companies and publishers have spent a possible combined total of nearly a trillion dollars trying to stop bots.  
STILL HASN'T HAPPENED.

You misread. You cannot play the game without signing the EULA. That's what I'm talking about.

You're saying this is falsely advertised but its not. They claim its a person to person in pvp and it still is. You still are fighting a online person at some point in time. Falsely advertised would be if they promised something and didn't deliver. Such as if they didn't deliver on the 45 rewards, then yes, you claim they are false advertising. While I agree the bot issue is insane and even killing the game for me, at this point there is not a whole lot we as players can do aside from reporting as much as we can. In the last stream they announced that they stood at a cave entrance for roughly an hour and reported as much as they could and its time consuming. Maybe if we had more GMS or GMS on in general maybe the bot issue could be controlled to an extent, but it won't exactly fix the issue.

Besides which, the issue of lag/ping/disconnects still needs to be fixed/addressed as well. On my end recently I don't have as many disconnects as I once did, but I still manage to get it from time to time. Usually for my case its going through the different map areas or portals such as dungeons. I notice for me the lags usually and only occur when there is a high amount of players using skills all at once, such as monster bosses and this is usually field bosses, not dungeons. 

Otherwise as much as I'd LOVE the issues of bots to be gone or heavily controlled, there isn't much they can do unless they put in a large amount of money into fixing the issue which could be spent on adding additional servers to people living in various states that need them. 

I am not entirely sure they are actually doing anything against bots. I used to think they were, but I don't think so anymore.

This is because I always stop and report bots when I can. Yes, I always stop and report them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who stops outside a dungeon if there are bots to slowly report them one by one. I remember reporting the bots in the Razorwing Ravines a little over one week ago when I was leveling my Warlock but now I've seen the exact bots at the Profane boss when I was leveling my Summoner. 

I remember clearly the names of these bots because they were similar to each other and rather distinctive (not actually random letters anymore, in fact, some have pretty creative names). They were also destroyers that are not using hongmoon weapon but were wearing the hongmoon costume. 

I read somewhere over the forum that they were taking steps against them but they are not releasing the methods (obviously) they are handling them as bots might find a loophole to that. 

So this begs the question, are they actually taking any reports seriously? Now I cannot be bothered to report bots anymore. 

Thanks NCsoft.

I like this thread for the sole reason that it can hopefully encourage NCsoft to try harder and let them know that it certainly is a problem their players are ticked off about. I'm sure that some effort is being put into stopping the bots, but hopefully a nice long as hell thread in forums that never goes down inspires them to stop all the bots from pouring in.

• Moderators

While we understand the frustration about encountering bots within Blade & Soul, in order to limit the frustration when browsing the forums and seeing multiple threads about the same issue, we have begun merging duplicate topics together. Please read the Duplicate Topic Awareness pinned thread at the top of the forum for more details.

If you would like to discuss bots, please head to this thread to continue your discussion: 

We appreciate your understanding. :)

Archived