Please sign this thread if you feel they falsely advertised the game and if you suffer from the BOT situation.

reilo5

I dream of a day when children stop overreacting to all this bullshit. Theres ways to play the game without bots you know.

1. Dont PVP?
2. Dont use Dungeon Finder

response: but thats what i play the game for... the pvp.
1. take a break, come back in a month or two. maybe the problem will be fixed.

2. if you're in it for the experience of competition just spar other players

response: but how else will i do my dungeons
1. Join a clan
2. Find a group that does them regularly

I haven't experienced a single bot issue other than the general gold inflation. Oh no... my gold isn't worth as much. (Guess i better go and buy gold from the gold spammers and complain more about the bots, while i'm at it I'll complain about how my account was suspended for suspicious activity and I didnt do anything wrong.... HURR DURR!) <--Obvious exaggeration is obvious

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, Xiao Hao said:

And you can sit there belittling others for how they feel too,  But the kettle does not know better than the Pot. 

If you accuse of white knighting then equally you are just a bot activist who merely wishes to undermine the goal of being positive for the games future? 

its fun to call names and be a simpleton. 

If being a White Knight for something you like is bad and having hope for the development staff to do what is needed once they reach that goal, honestly with your mindset, I don't Want to live on this planet any more. 

So sit there in your pool of hate and self Loathing, because you'll end up just hating the next thing you go to play because of the same things. 

The bots are an issue and a big one.  I hope that there will be great progress to see the issue stemmed and maybe resolved. 

But I know that greed will make the fight a long and arduous one. 

And its not an accusation, its a fact that such posts throwing flame to an issue that is already sore to the player base and offering NO REAL CONSTRUCTIVE SOLUTION, or competent explanation of your frustration with out inciting blind anger and frustration will only lead to stagnation and frustration on players and Developments side.  The bots will not care they are bots.  

If you can't see my problem, You need glasses. >.> 

Someone already proved(or so they've said) that the devs/technical staff are sitting on their hands because they showed them REAL CONSTRUCTIVE SOLUTIONS of how to get the problem under control and then turned around and said the staff weren't on top of it, they weren't considering it. That, coupled with what happened in other bns regions where bots are concerned, just points to what bns in na/eu will become if not a shadow of the other bns regions.

I'm just deducing  the most possible outcome based on what I and other players here see and hear from players, devs and publisher alike. Its not inciting blind anger because the majority of the na/eu fan base got angry from the bloody get go lol and the bots are just the tip of that "blind anger".

You're accusing people, saying they dont have the right to be angry at a publisher and its teams for not seeing or even remotely anticipating what happened in the other bns regions. They basically did the same shit expecting a different result. Sheer insanity if nothing else.

Where is your proof, 

Post your proof dont' hide behind your cowards claim

1 hour ago, KaLnoX said:

No its not but anyone with experience in anything would tell you to always solve a problem before it can get worse or better, prevent it from happening.

You cant sit there in your shining white knight armour, bullshitting people saying its going to get better when they saw and some even experienced what happened and is still happening in kr and other bns regions where botting is concerned. Its just plain ole textbook bullshit, whatever euphemism you  call it is your prerogative.

Then you and other accusing people of scaring off would be players? Whats your problem? You're concerned because you'll eventually end up with majority bots and very few of "your kind" per server, good. You should be.

1 hour ago, KaLnoX said:

Someone already proved(or so they've said) that the devs/technical staff are sitting on their hands because they showed them REAL CONSTRUCTIVE SOLUTIONS of how to get the problem under control and then turned around and said the staff weren't on top of it, they weren't considering it. That, coupled with what happened in other bns regions where bots are concerned, just points to what bns in na/eu will become if not a shadow of the other bns regions.

I'm just deducing  the most possible outcome based on what I and other players here see and hear from players, devs and publisher alike. Its not inciting blind anger because the majority of the na/eu fan base got angry from the bloody get go lol and the bots are just the tip of that "blind anger".

You're accusing people, saying they dont have the right to be angry at a publisher and its teams for not seeing or even remotely anticipating what happened in the other bns regions. They basically did the same shit expecting a different result. Sheer insanity if nothing else.

Post your proof of them doing this.

Obviously you have some sort of God Complex expecting a Human to do and just at the snap of your fingers they fix it.

ANd HOW THE HONEST GODS DO YOU GET THAT I STATE PEOPLE CAN"T BE UPSET?

You mindlessly place your assumptions to make us both a set of burros'.

You can be upset I have no issue with that my small witted friend.

But posting Publicly you should do so with thought and care to the words you use.  

Plus you lack massive insight to their own internal issues.  

Honestly I have nothing to say for the fact that this game is, what 4 years old in other regions and the bot issue is still ongoing and appears to have no real progress to the fix.  

But you have no proof that they are doing nothing.  THey have families and friends too and they have work that needs to be done on time for other things and events.  Bots are a major issue but honestly you just throw white knighting cause  you have no base to argue that Posting in anger does nothing.  

IF you can't see that my posts are about people blindly posting their frustrations then sir. You have greater issues in your life then i'm worried for you. 

Deduce all you want, History does point that there is little done to fix the bot problem, but then again.  What exactly has gone down in BNS all those years, How much content have they released and done for the other regions that the US and EU will have to see and deal with.  By your amazing reasoning it should cost them nothing and take them 0 Time to implement. 

And again Your foolish claim i'm accusing people don't have a right to be angry, that is foolhardy and laughable. 

You can be angry, but posting blind anger with no real reasoning or insight to BOTH sides just mars you as a Pessimist and a fool who won't allow there to be hope for any future but what you see as the outcome. 

Bots always will be in Games.   

I'll be a little clearer for you too

Bots will always be in Games.

Developers have this on their mind, but you think that botters don't think about what they have to do next to bot better.  And then just slamming me for something i'm not even stating is limited. I'm just sick of terrible posts not offering any actual feasible reasoning on the situation. 

Be angry, Post level headed, and be progressive about your thinking.  

If your done slamming and pulling ideas out your bung-hole on what i'm saying, Please post more. 

Given our posting we'll get this thread locked down for both our actions in our posts.  

im very much a solo player. yes, im in a clan, but at this point i dont asscociate much with them as im pro "kill the oposing faction" while they are more dont do it (partialy why my main is in a clan by itself so i dont get bothered by random clan adds). playing with people is a chore. id rather use xserver to get stuff done, as my server despite what people say is dead (dochun). 

not everyone gets to avoid bots by avoiding xserver. i have to wade through it day by day. to do my pvp dailys, i have to wade through it day by day. I decided to take a break, came back to it today, and now i see 15 bots to one real player.

the streams are a joke, the so called reps do not answer any of the questions seriously. warframe has better streams, hell, ziggyD, who streams path of exile streams better than NCsoft staff does.  

i will sign this. if only for hopes that the game gets better due to it.  

eventualy people will just stop playing. I played path of exile for a week vs this, and  honestly enjoyed myself way more because the developers actualy listen. once again, ill be jumping back into poe . probably be back in a month to see if anythings changed.

16 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

I never said they were not on top of it so don't sit there trying to twist my words.  I said that the code I gave them was removed from the forums the day the new patch came out in early march, when they patched the bot detection system which is exactly what I gave them a code base to perform, so you do the math.  
They are working on it, it's just going to take time.
I said that the forum moderators were being daft, when they merged an entire thread featuring over 25 suggestions into a generalized "let's get rid of bots thread" that didn't really have a lot of useful suggestions in it.   I never once inclined that the development staff were sitting on their hands, so I seriously hope you're not referring to me in this.

No one has one time said you lack the right to be angry; but the individuals that are here defending NCSoft are doing it because we've seen these types of issues time and time again, or we just have a deeper understanding of how much time they actually take to see a VISIBLE resolve in play.  
Remember, just because every bot isn't gone doesn't mean they're not being diminished.  There were probably thousands of accounts that had bots on them, getting rid of that in a hurry would relate to a LOT of regular REAL accounts being banned then more time straightening that issue out, so I'd much rather have them take their time than miss tim I could have played this game.

I've followed it diligently since 2007, and I can honestly say I've not played on a private beta server, the public beta server, the alpha servers, or any of the current retail servers that hasn't had bots.  What I can tell you regarding them though is that they've consistently evolved, adapted, and have gone through a LOT of different developers so apparently NCSoft is doing something right, or the original bot,a nd hack developers would still be doing so.  New developers pushing new content means changes blocked the other ones out, and they had no money to make.  
Just step back and breathe.

Even when gold sellers had NO money to be made in this game there were existing hacks, and bots because that's just the nature of some people.  They're lazy, and want to try to get anything as lazily as they could; and there's nothing that you, I, or Billy Blanks can do about it.  Sometimes people just don't want to do Tai Bo, and put effort into their results.

37 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

No its not but anyone with experience in anything would tell you to always solve a problem before it can get worse or better, prevent it from happening.

You cant sit there in your shining white knight armour, bullshitting people saying its going to get better when they saw and some even experienced what happened and is still happening in kr and other bns regions where botting is concerned. Its just plain ole textbook bullshit, whatever euphemism you  call it is your prerogative.

Then you and other accusing people of scaring off would be players? Whats your problem? You're concerned because you'll eventually end up with majority bots and very few of "your kind" per server, good. You should be.

Well that's not really the same thing. For starters pressing an accept button holds up less in court than signing a document. Secondly as somewhat said by someone else, you do have your freedom of speech, however by breaking the NDA there are consequences to your actions. I can't just hide a hidden term that noone reads to say that they can't sue me, and then proceed to charge them for a purchase they never made without consequence. That's what I mean by the fact that the law still upholds, despite this situation not being unlawful. Granted I'm not a lawyer or anything, but it only makes sense that you should be able to forbid all action against you.

8 minutes ago, zubatusedfly said:

playing with people is a chore. id rather use xserver to get stuff done

not everyone gets to avoid bots by avoiding xserver. i have to wade through it day by day. to do my pvp dailys, i have to wade through it day by day. I decided to take a break, came back to it today, and now i see 15 bots to one real player.

So you choose to use dungeon finder. YOU CHOOSE to experience the repititious hell of botting. YOU CHOOSE to have this experience because you lack the self-restraint to stop yourself from doing them...

No one is forcing you to do your dailies, YOU CHOOSE to do them.

I CHOOSE not to do certain dailies, because just like everyone here I say "*cricket* bots" (the difference between you and me? I can actually go a day without doing all of my dailies, because I realize this is a game and doesnt need to be taken so seriously...)

Just now, Terrato said:

So you choose to use dungeon finder. YOU CHOOSE to experience the repititious hell of botting. YOU CHOOSE to have this experience because you lack the self-restraint to stop yourself from doing them...

No one is forcing you to do your dailies, YOU CHOOSE to do them.

I CHOOSE not to do certain dailies, because just like everyone here I say "*cricket* bots" (the difference between you and me? I can actually go a day without doing all of my dailies, because I realize this is a game and doesnt need to be taken so seriously...)

i choose it because the comunity sucks. 95 percent of you all are eliteist pricks that asume gear is everything. I can solo 95 percent of game content with true profane, because i get mechanics. because believe it or not, i can ani cancel every single time without using a single macro, and i can weave skills into my ani cancels flawlessly. ask anyone in behilith who zubat is and they would tell you the same thing. hell, i can 100-0 people in open world that are true pirate because i know how not to use gear as a crutch. but thats me derailing a thread.

yes. i choose that hell. because otherwise i can not complete game content. my server is dead. so what choice do i have? theres no such thing as a server transfer. you would do well to remember not every server has amazing guilds.

46 minutes ago, Terrato said:

I dream of a day when children stop overreacting to all this bullshit. Theres ways to play the game without bots you know.

1. Dont PVP?
2. Dont use Dungeon Finder

response: but thats what i play the game for... the pvp.
1. take a break, come back in a month or two. maybe the problem will be fixed.

2. if you're in it for the experience of competition just spar other players

response: but how else will i do my dungeons
1. Join a clan
2. Find a group that does them regularly

I haven't experienced a single bot issue other than the general gold inflation. Oh no... my gold isn't worth as much. (Guess i better go and buy gold from the gold spammers and complain more about the bots, while i'm at it I'll complain about how my account was suspended for suspicious activity and I didnt do anything wrong.... HURR DURR!) <--Obvious exaggeration is obvious

What if I told you I only played this game cuz of the pvp? :D And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Signed, but I'll also say this.

The bot problem is completely invisible to some players, myself included, and there's a simple reason for it.

-Bots don't exist in arenas past 1900

-I never, and will never pug a dungeon because I have a static (Dailies, 4/6/24 mans, PvP)

-Jiwan is such an imbalanced disaster that the bots have disappeared from Misty Woods until super late at night and only on CL.

-Bots don't hangout in hub zones.

I know they exist, and if I look for them I'll find them. But going through my daily routine of all the Dailies, PvP Arena/Woods, Mushins, and then jumping over to alts to do the same, if someone told me the game had a bot problem I'd have to really question it because it's not visible for my playstyle. At best I could inference it from the economy but at this point the economy is so driven by them it's unstoppable. On Jiwan the bots broke the economy so hard it's come full circle and it's actually helping it now. Soulstones are 8 silver (Down from 60), Moonwater Transformation stones are 3.5 gold (Down from 10 a pop). It basically means farming mats is no longer a viable option for making money, but doing dailies and farming Mushins are MUCH better for economic purposes.

6 minutes ago, zubatusedfly said:

i choose it because the comunity sucks. 95 percent of you all are eliteist pricks that asume gear is everything. I can solo 95 percent of game content with true profane, because i get mechanics. because believe it or not, i can ani cancel every single time without using a single macro, and i can weave skills into my ani cancels flawlessly. ask anyone in behilith who zubat is and they would tell you the same thing. hell, i can 100-0 people in open world that are true pirate because i know how not to use gear as a crutch. but thats me derailing a thread.

yes. i choose that hell. because otherwise i can not complete game content. my server is dead. so what choice do i have? theres no such thing as a server transfer. you would do well to remember not every server has amazing guilds.

tell me more about these elitists. Regale me with the tales of the mighty "ZUBAT."

Okay. Just gonna say, OP needs to come back to earth. This is as funny as this guy in court for a speeding ticket thinking he could have his way and get it dismissed by using big words. I agree we need no bots. And everyone who reports them is right to do so. But the rest is just ridiculous.

"Gonna sue." "Gonna petition." W/E. I think I'm Gonna make popcorn.

11 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

Okay. Just gonna say, OP needs to come back to earth. This is as funny as this guy in court for a speeding ticket thinking he could have his way and get it dismissed by using big words. I agree we need no bots. And everyone who reports them is right to do so. But the rest is just ridiculous.

"Gonna sue." "Gonna petition." W/E. I think I'm Gonna make popcorn.

People also won and lost sillier cases but whatever I guess. This community shoots down whatever notion someone comes up with despite it making sense or not. You're dammed both ways here.

5 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

People also won and lost sillier cases but whatever I guess. This community shoots down whatever notion someone comes up with despite it making sense or not. You're dammed both ways here.

The community might, but that doesn't mean the developers do.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that a forum moderator, or community player have the slightest influential hand when it comes to decisions that CEO's, CFO's, COO's, and Developers make in a game.  We, and they don't.
Just because we cancel out an opinion, or suggestion due to whatever reason, or a moderator merges a thread, or deletes a thread doesn't mean it wasn't seen, or considered by someone that could take it into account.

I am 100% willing to buy to stuff from NCSOFT, but they are ignoring us and not fixing any of the problems. I want to buy premium, but they are not willing to fix the bot problem and premium. I want to give them money, but they are ignoring us. I don't understand how this company is still running when they are ignoring their own people that makes them into company. We make them, what they are today and yet they ignore us.

I just don't understand why these types of company still are able to make billions, while they don't care.

+1

23 minutes ago, Howllo said:

I am 100% willing to buy to stuff from NCSOFT, but they are ignoring us and not fixing any of the problems. I want to buy premium, but they are not willing to fix the bot problem and premium. I want to give them money, but they are ignoring us. I don't understand how this company is still running when they are ignoring their own people that makes them into company. We make them, what they are today and yet they ignore us.

I just don't understand why these types of company still are able to make billions, while they don't care.

+1

Shills...lots of shills and pixels.

+1

I tried to give this game a chance, but screw it. The people running it have no idea what they're doing. A simple response to a breaking community is enough, but they can't even do that, let alone control their own game. I understand they're working on bots. Whether they stay or go is not my issue because I could care less about this sad game. 

The thing is, the people in the company leave the players in the dark. They don't respond to us on a daily, hell, weekly basis. Sure, they'll be on their feet to say we'll be getting new costumes though! What what about the state of the game? The hotfixes? Real maintenance? I fail to understand if they care about taking action anymore. This "bot sweep" some are talking about...I fail to see the change in game. Maybe I'm not being blind enough.

The mentality of, "if you don't want to deal with bots, don't do X", is strange. Why should someone lower their enjoyment of the game because of a some stupid bots? That's not how an MMO works. I get the whole, "it's F2P, what did you expect?", but this is sad and I don't see how they can take pride in something like this. 

I loved this game from the start. The combat was great, I loved the visuals...but a greedy, quiet company and infestation of bots? That won't make me stay no matter how nice the damn game is. You can't just ignore the population. You saw how that worked with monarchies back when, using all their power and ignoring the others. And in the end, the ruler always ended up in the ground. 

Archived