Please sign this thread if you feel they falsely advertised the game and if you suffer from the BOT situation.

reilo5

I agree with the idea behind this thread, but I don't think it's going to work.  I don't think they are willing/able to do anything real about the bots.  They've been farming it up in Korea Arena for 3 years now.

At this point, I'm just kind of resigning myself to live with the bots.  I like the game too much right now to quit over it, but when I do quit, it will be sooner than I ordinarily would have and it will be because of the bots.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HamletZ said:

I agree with the idea behind this thread, but I don't think it's going to work.  I don't think they are willing/able to do anything real about the bots.  They've been farming it up in Korea Arena for 3 years now.

At this point, I'm just kind of resigning myself to live with the bots.  I like the game too much right now to quit over it, but when I do quit, it will be sooner than I ordinarily would have and it will be because of the bots.

No they're not farming the KR arena lol. People have spammed jungsaeos or w/e his names video showing bots in KR but did you realize what that really was?

the video showed a buncha bots from all around the game world spawn locked into a place to keep them from bottling. Like that infinite loop thing in another video. 

I wathed KR streams for years already and yet to see bots in them.

Let's have a look at another NCSoft game-Lineage 2 which has been out on the market for years , the bot situation has been rampant there for years but nothing has been done to curb the problem. I decided to have a look at the Lineage 2 forums, and  the very first thread on the Lineage 2 forums asks from NCsoft to "solve the bot problem because it apparently ruined the game". Here,they are promising a long term solution, seeing how their long-term solution turned out in Lineage 2, I think this game is bound to fail just like Lineage 2. Even Wow at this time, looks more appealing for me than BnS.Apparently, NCSoft can't do ... to sove the bot situation, and only gives empty promises.

@reilo5 you played the game because you like the product, they didnt lie to you. they said they'll combat bots,  it was not stated that this game will be perfect and wont have bots. If you want the game to run the way you want it to run, then you have no choice but to support the game, rather than watch it die because you want everyone to put nothing into the company. Where are they going to get the fundings to make the game better for everyone? They're working with the devs to make the overall experience for us better so why dont you just give them time to work it out with the devs. Once they remove Soulstones from arena, or make soulstones account bound then we wont have to deal with arena bots.

PS: Also dont feel offended that i acted like you dont support the game. I do understand your frustration.

If the game was like Guild wars...I mean look at this from WoW company lol http://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-bot-maker-calls-it-quits-after-massiv-1704809117 . You cant get rid of bots unless you somehow punish those cheaters after you ban. for WoW, It's making new accounts that cost a total of 90 dollars. If only Blade and soul wasnt f2p but for now enjoy the bot infestation. they really cant do much at this point. banning them is useless.

+1 but seriously if you want anything to be done, the only thing they will listen to (and fast) is Better Business Bureau.  Here's a quick link and from here you can choose what you want to do.  The link already has NCSoft company targeted, so just choose what you want.  I'm sure this thread will get locked down soon because this will actually hurt them so click away while you still can.  Frankly, enough is enough.  I haven't filed a complaint myself but give it another two months and if nothing is done about the lag and the bots, I'm gone.

https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/consumer/qualify/?bid=58760&bbbID=0825

44 minutes ago, reilo5 said:

No they're not farming the KR arena lol. People have spammed jungsaeos or w/e his names video showing bots in KR but did you realize what that really was?

the video showed a buncha bots from all around the game world spawn locked into a place to keep them from bottling. Like that infinite loop thing in another video. 

I wathed KR streams for years already and yet to see bots in them.

Interesting.  I'm not talking about his vid.  I've heard from a few people that they bot Arena in KR.  You don't see them on streams because they're all higher rank than the bots.

I don't think you're right because if they had some way to "lock bots in place" and prevent them from doing Arena, they already would have done it.

2 hours ago, reilo5 said:

This is 100% our right to demand action and 100% within their ToS and USA Laws.

If you believe you are also a victim of their product please sign this thread. Just type +1 to your post, that will do.

20+ Topics in the main page and 12 of them are Complaints. When are you going to take action and start responding?

Ncsoft is not bringing what they offer on their product.

The product info clearly states that you play with real people not bots.

They clearly advertise Arena and PvP as a real person to person interactive experience, not bots.

They also don't mention anything about bots when advertising Dungeons.

Everything would be fine and dandy if we had a few threads about bots/complaints and if we had a few bots only. 

People aren't blind or stupid to ignore this CATASTROPHIC situation which requires IMMEDIATE action.

We are real people with real lives and jobs who try to have fun with their limited time. You keep ignoring....it's going to come back to bite you.

This game isn't Aion, it's not niche, you had a huge chance to blow this game sky high up, I managed to invite people over from DIE HARD CONSOLE scene.

This was the chance you had.

You lost them all.

They wont take it serious, ever. But they DID at the start.

Let us know please because this is a clear violation and any defender who tries to come and say "No it isn't" Please go talk to an official.

CC'ing this same thing to their support team as well. 

If you attempt to delete/silence/ban/close the thread as long as my wording is not offensive can be seen as evidence that your company is in the foul.

Please SIGN this thread if you agree and think that NCSoft needs to start taking action vs BOTS. I will also create a change.org if I have to. 

Just type +1 to your post.

oki, right, I understand your point.. I don't understand you address..

the definitions of their content is based on what its ment to be, not what players in the community are doing with the games, bots have nothing to do with NCSoft, also every games bot infested, just not so many are impacted as much as this game is due to the pure mechanics, 1v1 pvp etc etc.. the problem is a Difficult task for any game to beat, and the games not even been out a year on our servers.. u have to give it time..

+1

There is quite a lot of Bot complaint threads that surpasses the actual gameplay threads down there at PvP/Arena section as well. 

Hopefully NCSoft will get back to you and this thread with a reasonable answer, if we get one at all. I still have hopes and believe in NCsoft team but I can't ignore the top priority issues so I will support this.

Good luck everyone! 

+100

And please just do the "change.org" petition already.
As early as now so we can save the game.
I agree with almost everyone that this game is really good but we should also inform the management that good things lasts when it is being taken cared of.

+1, founder sub is up for re-sub soon, but will not happen until after the BOTs are gone.

3 hours ago, Firepig102 said:

then as a community I believe we can agree to kill all bots on site and leave players alone

Not possible since you cannot kill them in solo instances.

Just note that while you're free to post, ncsoft can close or remove your topic if they wish. I'm just saying that since you seem pretty focused on using the law in your defence, but in the end it doesn't come up to much on a private forum. They have complete control of what is allowed. While some people may disagree with certain companies tight control, it shouldn't really be any other way despite what certain entitled people think. Anyway I'm sure it's not an easy issue to sort out and they don't want to publicly give information about their techniques. Every game suffers from the problems and with f2p, there's little restrictions to prevent hundreds of thousands of bot signups. I'm sure they're well aware that people don't like the bot situation so I don't see this thread changing how fast they're working on it whether you believe they're putting effort in or not. Personally I'm not sure why people expect a massive issue to be sorted out when development itself takes years for the end product to come to fruition. There could be things that help out massively, but on the other hand people have very toxic attitudes. If they didn't, things would at least be a bit better.

7 hours ago, reilo5 said:

This is by far the most IGNORANT thread I've read in a long time.

You can't sue a company that didn't force you to pay anything to use the product that's being hacked >.<

It was YOUR CHOICE to spend money in the store.

Is it okay that bots and hackers exist, NO.  But what the hell do you honestly think is going to happen?  Blizzard has invested over 2 BILLION DOLLARS in technology ALONE to try and get rid of bots, and hacks.  Hell, they've spent over 14 million on TRYING to sue their largest bot development company and STILL HAVE NOT SUCCEEDED AFTER OVER 7 YEARS!

You can't sue someone for giving you a free product.  
If you want to sue them then sue them for false advertisement, and bait and switch.  At least then you'd have a SOMEWHAT legal standing ground as they've actually DONE those things.  But I'm not going to tell you where, because bots or no bots, I enjoy this game; oh, and regarding that STUPID AS$ thread you had up earlier that got locked...
YEAH...US 'SCRIPT KIDDOS'  that you so eloquently called us, you little douche, we have helped them.  Search the forums.  I've given them code to help with the spam in chat, I'm not going to give them the code to get rid of bots, but I HAVE given them over 50 suggestions EASILY hinting at exactly what they should do.

You are expecting an issue that has existed as long as technology to just remedy itself, and now you're trying to sue because a GAME HAS HACKERS?!?

Are you going to sue the creators of Unix since it enabled people to hack on a desktop computer since Intel made the first CPU mobile computing solution, allowing desktops and laptops to be created?!?  I mean, you might as well sue them too.
Hell, while we're at it. Why don't we sue the United nations for telling us it was safe to breathe in air, yet it kills us slowly with every breathe we take.  OOOH!  Why don't we go after the Federal Drug Administration since they let us eat a "certified safe portion" of insects in our vegetables, and processed foods that come from factories.  Yeah, that's right.  There's probably spider eggs in your can of refried beans you ate with your tacos last night.  

MY GOD you are a PROFOUNDLY ignorant individual.  I'm sorry, I know we have the whole no slandering rule but ...GOD man...learn when to just exist and stop using your fingers to type.

OH!  One more thing.  Read that end user license agreement again, since you obviously didn't.

SS 14 Article B CLEARLY STATES what you are doing has been nullified by your playing the game, and accepting that contract.  You damn genius.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/blade-and-soul-user-agreement.php

3 hours ago, Firepig102 said:

+1

If possible: Make it so that we can flag and kill without restriction, then as a community I believe we can agree to kill all bots on site and leave players alone

This^

Was lobbying for player pk a while now.

Also OP is right, not 100% but I get the idea so +0.5

NCSoft is just playing with their phallus atm. How hard is it to actually put up mobs in zones and areas that are unavoidable without human manoeuvring and change the locations of these mobs with every server maintenance? Record who the mobs kill and how many times these type of mobs kills them, if x number of times(x == a low number) bghsdsj dies by these anti mob bots then bghsdsj is flagged.

This combined with the lazy auto banning feature should be able to work, not eliminate but circumvent this ridiculous, embarrassing problem. Its as if NCsoft gets a cut of what these gold sellers make. I honestly cant see why they aren't able to control this bot situation. Don't even get me started on the other problems.

31 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

This^

Was lobbying for player pk a while now.

Also OP is right, not 100% but I get the idea so +0.5

NCSoft is just playing with their phallus atm. How hard is it to actually put up mobs in zones and areas that are unavoidable without human manoeuvring and change the locations of these mobs with every server maintenance? Record who the mobs kill and how many times these type of mobs kills them, if x number of times(x == a low number) bghsdsj dies by these anti mob bots then bghsdsj is flagged.

This combined with the lazy auto banning feature should be able to work, not eliminate but circumvent this ridiculous, embarrassing problem. Its as if NCsoft gets a cut of what these gold sellers make. I honestly cant see why they aren't able to control this bot situation. Don't even get me started on the other problems.

Their location isn't going to matter when the bots are reading the memory addresses on your ram that are TELLING the bot where the damn mob IS.
You can not use image recognition to detect something as pixel-complex as a freaking npc or you'd have destroyer bots spinning at the entrance the entire day.
Dear GOD...does anyone even do research before they assume something is "a quick fix" anymore?
Blizzard has an entire 10 thousand square foot room with over 50 employees 24 hour manning computers that put the NSA's to a throat at throat contest and THEY still have bots, AND HACKS...

I redirect you to the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS since you can't read...

Good luck with this petition/call for attention. Few things you have to understand.

1. If you have played against any human players at all in the arena, they have met their end of the bargain. Saying "You will play against human players" does not mean "only human player." That said, I don't even see anywhere where they even mentioned this.

2. It is not your right to demand action. It is clearly stated that your access to this game is a privilege. You are not paying for it, so therefore you have no rights in terms of accessing the game or demanding anything be different. The only thing you have a right to is monetary transactions, such as if you buy a costume and do not receive it.

3. If you were to try this in a legal court, all NCSoft would have to do is show that they have banned a single bot in order to debunk your entire suit.

NCSoft hasn't committed fraud in the slightest. You have received exactly what was advertised. But you expect more, and aren't getting it.

OH, also, since you guys are lazy, and can't search I have taken the liberty of SHOWING where I've given them code, and over 50 suggestions on ways to fix bots, hacks, and improve the game.

You're welcome.  Someone with INTELLIGENCE actually IS trying to help them unlike you moronic individuals who contribute nothing more than their highly self-acclaimed opinions.

Suggestions against bots/Hacks/A few suggestions to improve gameplay
Suggestions to improve Gameplay, as well as a VERY extensive list of bugs.
Suggestions to alleviate bot and hack issue

The post I made containing code has been removed from the forums apparently, which I'm assuming is due to them utilizing a method highly similar to that I suggested and having the code out in public eye like that really doesn't help their cause, but you get the point (although I'm fairly certain you're too lazy to read most of that.)

+1

I've been a long time critic of NC soft (at least I try to do it fairly ) but at this point even I'm exhausted. 

Like many of you , I also bought the master pack that came with a 3 month sub and I won't be renewing it. 

Archived