Letter to NC

endahlol

Dear NC,

Your community demands your attention.
We demand the honesty and integrity we should expect from an organization representing the interests of the game we've invested ourselves in.
We demand answers to questions you've avoided, we demand attention to issues left unaddressed, and we demand you take responsibility for mistakes made up until this point.

There is no shame in making mistakes. However there is shame in avoiding those mistakes, and even worse trying to draw the attention of your community away from those mistakes

with trivial gimmicks like t-shirts and giveaways.

Does anyone on your team play counter strike? Do you recall the terrible rifle spray pattern change they implemented several months ago? Rifle Change Revert <-- This is an example of a huge gaming organization taking responsibility for a simple balancing mistake, apologizing, and reverting the change. They handled the issue honestly, swiftly, and intelligently.

I understand you have little to no swing regarding class balance, I do know you have the power to bring issues to the attention of the real company that runs this game however.

I also understand you have the power to ban cheaters (when you identify them) and the ability to stop win-trading.

If you wake up with any sense of pride in what you do, take charge. You manage the community of a game that has the potential to rock the modern MMO scene. You manage the community and brand of a game that could change the way MMOs are seen competitively. Do that. Help this game thrive. Fuel the fire. The worst possible thing you could do is snuff this fire and slowly watch it die under costume hype and tshirt giveaways.

Change your marketing approach, push for tournaments, bring in more twitch celebrities to endorse the game's competitive side and not its "Hey lets invite Towliee on to demonstrate what a shin-kick spamming KFM looks like @ bronze" side. Be honest. Take responsibility. EARN the respect of the competitive community. Help this game, help us, because if anything stepping it up will help you guys.

- Concerned player

Counter Strike? Why ask this question? They obviously don't even play their own game.

They'll answer questions as long as their somehow cash shop related.

I'd be embarrassed to say I worked on this game. I fireproof buildings for a living and it would be like standing at an inferno with a big crowd smile on my face saying "yep, I fireproofed that sucker!".

I don't know what to make of NCSoft's expostulations. On the one hand, with all their sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, NCSoft's criticisms are totally meddlesome. But on the other hand, I am troubled by NCSoft's constant exaggerations and half-truths. There are a number of reasons NCSoft isn't telling us as to why it wants to cast ordinary consumption and investment decisions in the light of high religious purpose. In this letter, I will expose those reasons one-by-one, on the principle that it has one-upped George Washington in that it cannot tell a lie and cannot tell the truth. Basically, NCSoft is too gloomy to distinguish between the two. Let me go on record as saying that NCSoft obviously believes that I and others who think it's a perfidious fogey are secretly using etheric attachment cords to drain people's karmic energy. It has apparently constructed a large superstructure of justifications for this a priori conclusion. I guess that shouldn't be too surprising given that over the past couple of years I have had occasion to evaluate NCSoft's pronouncements in terms of their ability to make disdainful, disgraceful utopians out to be something they're not. What I have discovered shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I never used to be particularly concerned about NCSoft's cop-outs. Any damned fool, or so I thought, could see that NCSoft should step down from its gilded pedestal. This is not what I think; this is what I know. I additionally know that there is a simple answer to the question of what to do about NCSoft's scribblings. The difficult part is in implementing the answer. The answer is that we must put NCSoft's mendacious blandishments out to pasture.

NCSoft's comments are often appallingly pigheaded, sometimes passive-aggressive, frequently off-point, and occasionally dishonest. Nevertheless, they do tell us something important about NCSoft. They tell us that NCSoft intends to place our children at imminent risk of serious harm. NCSoft keeps trying to obliterate our sense of identity. And if we don't remain eternally vigilant, it will indisputably succeed. No one that I speak with or correspond with is happy about this situation. Of course, I don't speak or correspond with self-satisfied gutter-bloods, NCSoft's spin doctors, or anyone else who fails to realize that only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that NCSoft is a crotchety liar. Let's list some of NCSoft's more temulent lies: First, it believes that its endeavors will spread enlightenment to the masses, nurture democracy, reestablish the bonds of community, bring us closer to God, and generally work to the betterment of Man and society. Second, it insists that it's okay for it to indulge its every whim and lust without regard for anyone else or for society as a whole. And third, it wants us to believe that people find its unrelenting, over-the-top hostility rather refreshing. I presented that list to get you to see that NCSoft keeps telling everyone within earshot that all it takes to start a rabbit farm is a magician's magic hat. I'm guessing that NCSoft read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that it would have us believe that it is patriotic to defy the rules of logic. Yeah, right. And I also suppose that the future of the entire world rests in NCSoft's hands? The fact of the matter is that I, not being one of the many delirious, malapert duffers of this world, realize that some people may have trouble reading this letter. Granted, not everyone knows what “unproportionableness” means, but it's nevertheless easy to understand that it would be wrong to imply that NCSoft is involved in some kind of conspiracy to worsen an already unstable situation. It would be wrong because its propositions are far beyond the conspiracy stage. Not only that, but the best thing about it is the way that it encourages us to stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost. No, wait; NCSoft doesn't encourage that. On the contrary, it discourages us from admitting that I've heard of abusive things like racism and resistentialism. But I've also heard of things like nonviolence, higher moralities, and treating all beings as ends in and of themselves—ideas that its ignorant, unthinking, peccable brain is too small to understand.

I see how important NCSoft's nettlesome treacheries are to its peeps and I laugh. I laugh because it is trying to create a global workers plantation overseen by transnational corporations who have no more concern for the human rights of those who produce their products or services than NCSoft has for its trucklers. Their mission? To put some intemperate publisher of hate literature up on a pedestal. This is a fine example of what I've been talking about. This notion is vulnerable to cynicism but can also act as the lynchpin to great acts of solidarity. It has the potential to encourage people to help young people develop the ability to make informed and reasoned decisions for the public good as citizens of a culturally diverse, democratic society in an interdependent world. It can convince even the most doctrinaire, mad jackanapes there are that NCSoft plans to persuade many of its competitors to enter into a one-way “dialogue” with it. The result will be an amalgam of shallow imperialism and cocky sensationalism, if such a monster can be imagined.

As I often like to put it, the time has arrived to make a choice between freedom and slavery, revolt and submission, liberty and subservience. We must choose wisely, knowing that if we guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by NCSoft and its sodality of gormless defalcators, we can live as truly free and empowered human beings. If, however, we let NCSoft waste natural resources, we become little more than fearful, broken dogs condemned to exist in a world of obnoxious desperadoism. Essentially, I've managed to come up with a way in which NCSoft's essays could be made useful. Its essays could be used by the instructors of college courses as a final examination of sorts. Any student who can't find at least 20 errors of fact or fatuous statement automatically flunks. Extra credit goes to students who realize that NCSoft has been known to “prove” statistically that its accusations surpass most intellectual discourse in terms of the cogency of what they promote and the morality of their implications. As you might have suspected, its proof is flawed. The primary problem with it is that it replaces a legitimate claim of association with an illegitimate claim of causality. Consequently, NCSoft's “proof” demonstrates only that if you're like most people you just shrug your shoulders whenever you hear about its latest witticisms. When your shoulders get tired of shrugging I hope you'll realize that this is not wild speculation. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is documented fact.

NCSoft's pranks raise a number of brow-furrowing questions. I'm referring to questions such as, “Is it really NCSoft's impression that it can scare us by using big words like 'cinematographical'?” It's questions like that that definitely get people thinking about how NCSoft keeps trying to deceive us into thinking that Elvis is alive and well and living in Tweed, Ontario. The purpose of this deception may be to kill the goose bearing the golden egg. Or maybe the purpose is to create a new fundamentalism based not on religion but on an orthodoxy of pauperism. Oh what a tangled web NCSoft weaves when first it practices to deceive. NCSoft complains a lot. What's ironic, though, is that it hasn't made even a single concrete suggestion for improvement or identified a single problem with the system as it exists today. Anyway, that's it for this letter. Let NCSoft read it and weep.

I don't think NC upper management ever read or visit the forum, the Forum MODs would just skim through these post for profanity purpose then just ignore it, worse case they just blocked/closed it for "community safe" reason. If the NCsoft CEO read the forum then he/she would go back to his/her office and start laying off these useless staff and hire new team like FFXIV did to revive their game to its glory today.

5 minutes ago, Pohwan said:

Holy crap did you write it all in 5 minutes?

(I spot a Desiderata reference!)

14 minutes ago, endahlol said:

I thought your name was familiar, now I remember! O: Gimme an autograph!

----

On topic, as I've always believed, more transparency and more technical explanations as to what's happening, what's in priority, what's gonna get fixed/what's done for it, and what will forever be under the rug would be super-welcome from NC's management.

Even the Warlock Soulshackle and Forcemaster ice skill that has ability to bind/root mobs at their places still broken after more than 2 weeks and the best responsed from ther staff is "it's know issue however we DO NOT have the time frame to get it fix...blah...blah."  and those are cut and paste responses you getting in most of their replied.

5 minutes ago, JMelo said:

Even the Warlock Soulshackle and Forcemaster ice skill that has ability to bind/root mobs at their places still broken after more than 2 weeks and the best responsed from ther staff is "it's know issue however we DO NOT have the time frame to get it fix...blah...blah."  and those are cut and paste responses you getting in most of their replied.

Can you elaborate on that being broken thing please? I'm not aware of the bug.

The skill will reset the mobs to un-engage mode, if you still in range they will aggro you with their 100% HP and if you are in range not they just reset their HP to 100%, at low level you won't see it much cause mobs die fast.

When you hit lvl 45 and do dailies in 24 mans. It's become annoying cause your skill went to CD mode and mobs reset to 100% HP.

If you pulled a group of them and half of them reset their HP = you are death meat. 

Note: Mobs that has ability to jump, charge like KFM, Destroyer, and spear using mobs when they try to use that skill and being root they will reset.

3 minutes ago, JMelo said:

The skill will reset the mobs to un-engage mode, if you still in range they will aggro you with their 100% HP and if you are in range not they just reset their HP to 100%, at low level you won't see it much cause mobs die fast.

When you hit lvl 45 and do dailies in 24 mans. It's become annoying cause your skill went to CD mode and mobs reset to 100% HP.

If you pulled a group of them and half of them reset their HP = you are death meat. 

Weird, it never happened to me on FM. I'll keep an eye out.

Why is it that every time someone states they're writing on behalf of the community, it's always about their own personal gripes with the game?

That aside tough, if you feel so strongly that your way is the correct way of going about things, there's no real reason why you, or this "community" can't organize tournaments and engage with popular personalities without ncsoft's direct involvement.

If you wake up with any sense of pride yourself, take charge.

Put together a realistic plan/ event yourself, maybe a regular podcast or something ~

Let it play out then turn around to ncsoft and show them how successful and well received it was.

Allow the community to show it desires this direction with actual engagement and not just empty words ~

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Weird, it never happened to me on FM. I'll keep an eye out.

You will see it more often if you are ice built and full time using ice than burn/fire built with minor ice using for dual dragon.

2 minutes ago, Eimi said:

Why is it that every time someone states they're writing on behalf of the community, it's always about their own personal gripes with the game.

That aside tough, if you feel so strongly that your way is the correct way of going about things, there's no real reason why you, or this "community" can't organize tournaments and engage with popular personalities without ncsoft's direct involvement.

If you wake up with any sense of pride yourself, take charge.Put together a realistic plan/ event yourself, maybe a regular podcast or something ~

Let it play out then turn around to ncsoft and show them how successful and well received it was.

Allow the community to show it desires this direction with actual engagement and not just empty words ~

Translation:

They don't have any pride in their game therefor you should.

4 minutes ago, JMelo said:

You will see it more often if you are ice built and full time using ice than burn/fire built with minor ice using for dual dragon.

I'm on full reta ice build 95% of the time (ice rain/frost fury) except pvp.

Bumped, I love this guy's stream and the game. Every Thursday i see NCSoft make T-shirts instead of fix bugs, bot fixes, win trader fixes, etc.

I only want blade and soul to improve, this game deserves better.

Pretty sure they don't care.  Both wintrading and bots are all over the Korean servers.  They haven't done anything about either in what, 3 years?  I wouldn't expect much from them on these issues.

I do think they should push the competative aspect more.  They could be doing a lot to promote the game and the great PVP it has.

Arena PVP in this game is serious quality not often seen, especially not in an MMO.  They're letting a goldmine slip away imo.

So far, they're doing almost nothing.  Not sure if they're waiting for the 50 balance patch or what.

2 hours ago, Eimi said:

Why is it that every time someone states they're writing on behalf of the community, it's always about their own personal gripes with the game?

Personal Gripe? Talbadar, Vanguards, Bison, myself, Hsom, all feel this way towards how NC is representing the interests of this game. Organize your own tournaments LOL.

NC does not have to develop the game, patch it, create new content. They have 2 ultimate jobs: market the game and maintain the brand. That includes promoting competition and doing what they can to endorse and/or create competitions.

Take your senior citizen do it yourself attitude back to that big bowl of Raisin Bran and full glass of prune juice your grandkid just threw in front of you.

All of the players he mentioned above are really high rated players that are very well known within the competitive PvP community. If you check F11 for each class, you will see those players within the top 10 almost at anytime during the season.

3 hours ago, Eimi said:

If you wake up with any sense of pride yourself, take charge.

Put together a realistic plan/ event yourself, maybe a regular podcast or something ~

Uh...it kinda sounds like you would like to organize a T-shirt drive. You aren't even engaging with the content of OP's post...? NC Soft doesn't organize any tournaments at the moment, what the hell would the organizing be in protest of? Not to mention tournaments already exist...?

OP's post summarizes how quite a few people feel. Some people are prone to rooting critiques in selfish behavior, as if that discredits them. It doesn't. If you think OP is wrong, engage with his ideas - don't accuse him of being selfish and tell him to make a podcast, lmao

It's nice to have pride in oneself, but get some pride in your reading comprehension, fam. His suggestions are all contingent upon NCSoft involvement because NCSoft involvement is exactly what's missing. The competitive community already self-organizes in a variety of ways. The post is literally about NC Soft getting involved, not because the community is lazy and without pride (wat? are you some 90 year old bootstrap conservative incest asshat?), but because the majority of the suggestions are discussing the future of the game, the health of which is far more dependent on NC Soft than how many podcasts the players create. The community already engages the game competitively and critically. What we want is for the company to meet us partway, instead of bumrushing to 50 and treating us like a couple of side-bitches

4 hours ago, endahlol said:

Dear NC,

Your community demands your attention.
We demand the honesty and integrity we should expect from an organization representing the interests of the game we've invested ourselves in.
We demand answers to questions you've avoided, we demand attention to issues left unaddressed, and we demand you take responsibility for mistakes made up until this point.

There is no shame in making mistakes. However there is shame in avoiding those mistakes, and even worse trying to draw the attention of your community away from those mistakes

with trivial gimmicks like t-shirts and giveaways.

Does anyone on your team play counter strike? Do you recall the terrible rifle spray pattern change they implemented several months ago? Rifle Change Revert <-- This is an example of a huge gaming organization taking responsibility for a simple balancing mistake, apologizing, and reverting the change. They handled the issue honestly, swiftly, and intelligently.

I understand you have little to no swing regarding class balance, I do know you have the power to bring issues to the attention of the real company that runs this game however.

I also understand you have the power to ban cheaters (when you identify them) and the ability to stop win-trading.

If you wake up with any sense of pride in what you do, take charge. You manage the community of a game that has the potential to rock the modern MMO scene. You manage the community and brand of a game that could change the way MMOs are seen competitively. Do that. Help this game thrive. Fuel the fire. The worst possible thing you could do is snuff this fire and slowly watch it die under costume hype and tshirt giveaways.

Change your marketing approach, push for tournaments, bring in more twitch celebrities to endorse the game's competitive side and not its "Hey lets invite Towliee on to demonstrate what a shin-kick spamming KFM looks like @ bronze" side. Be honest. Take responsibility. EARN the respect of the competitive community. Help this game, help us, because if anything stepping it up will help you guys.

- Concerned player

While I agree with what you've said the mere fact that you feel compelled to create such a thread should feel rather reminiscent in relation to failed MMOs of the past.  Archeage, Wildstar, the list goes on.  You, just as I and other experienced MMO players know that this pattern will not be corrected and it doesn't matter how much potential the game has/had.  Half a year to a year from now everyone will be griping about how great the game could have been just like every other mis-handled MMO.  The sooner you move on the better. 

24 minutes ago, righteousposer said:

stuff

I appreciate that you made an account just to reply to me, if u could take the time to make a few more of those i'd be even happier ;p

The pride comment's straight from the op's post so you'll have to direct your oldtimey remarks at him for it, unless you're not engaging with the op's comment that is.

My point however was simply that the game's been out for only two months around here and you're jumping the gun by a longshot if you're already going to condemn the company for a lack of tournaments hosted directly by ncsoft ~

The problem is with the game having fast updates we don't know for sure where we will end , i want to believe that when we reach the point where things get more slow (update side) they will address all the problems because  they will have more time to do this and a better picture of the situation.

I don't know if it is worth put effort in an outdated content, anyway lvl 50 is coming let's see what will happen , the game is fairly new in (NA/EU) if you think in terms of a mmo's life

Archived