Why do people hate a decent game?

Evilshana

I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hate being generated in this game. Also a low review despite most reviewers never even made it to the level cap, which is when the game play really gets challenging.

Granted the amount of bots are insane, but thats to be expected for F2P games now.

The game is some what outdated, questing are as linear as FF13 and exploration does not exist. Kinda wish it was more FF14.

Censorship (on a few costume too) and translation that can make the most culturally ignorant/intolerant person cry. So much dialog does not line up with the original and misspelling once in awhile is not making it any better.

Customer support for the forum is useless, my main forum account was banned for no reason and so far I had 0 respond from the mail address given to me by admin and support to send to ask after many tries.

2/3 character info I see has 18+ H image.

Players, who are frequently venomous in personality nit pick on a game that is completely free.

But still the game has the best online RPG Combat system by far and the eastern theme and art style is very unique approach.

The costumes are expensive but looks great, haven't had any regretful purchase.

Currency trade which makes its completely possible for nothing to be behind paywall. They've already given more to non-paying player more than any other servers does.

A surprisingly low server down streak which happened like crazy in CN.

This game doesn't really work well in the current market. As you say, it is pretty outdated and the fact that it runs something like Gameguard sort of proves that. It hurts more than it helps, and that should show if you take a look at the arena and the rankings. Actual PvP doesn't start until mid platinum because there are Destroyer bots all over gold, and summoner bots/hackers in early platinum. PvP aside, the games PvE side is nothing interesting either. The only thing this game has going for it is the combat.

25 minutes ago, Evilshana said:

I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hate being generated in this game. Also a low review despite most reviewers never even made it to the level cap, which is when the game play really gets challenging.

Granted the amount of bots are insane, but thats to be expected for F2P games now.

I'm sorry. But, I have to disagree on this.

The number of bots is way beyond of what I normally found in an F2P games.

Yes, there will always be bots in any MMORPG and they usually found more (way more) in an F2P MMORPG. But, this is the 1st MMORPG I played where the bots practically control the price in market. 

Essences prices, soulstone prices, they all based on how many the bots farmed. 

Ironically, I think it's actually worse because there's limit on how much people can sell daily in market.

Well it's 2016, we still have the following features:

1. Mobs is not shared for quest credits, making dailies in to your party vs the world.

2. Crappy servers such as ae-25-0.ear1.Dallas1.Level3.net, forcing people that go through those nodes to get ping boosters (third party networking software) to bypass them in order to avoid latency issues.

3. Certain class buffs that you can use in arena waiting platform once before teleporting to the fighting platform, and then again after the buff run out.  (Because when you get teleported to the fighting platform, your skills CDs reset.)

I like this game, but I am not going to defend it's flaws.

In the game's current state, there are more cons than pros for it.

Bots are only one part of it.  Here's a few other reasons:

• Bad optimization.  It's 2016 and they're still using DirectX 9.0
  • Outdated graphics.  Some terrain and objects have the texture resolution of games from 2004.
  • Greedy cash grab.  Outfit pouches, for example.

The last one really isn't so much a knock against the game itself.  It's a black mark against how the game is being managed.

The bot problem is horrendous and NCSoft should be embarrassed. I'm sure they're not, however.

The complete lack of exploration, linear questing, dated environment textures, painful crafting system, and a rather clunky UI...  that and how gold is so painful to come by that leveling is seriously stressful - all of these add up to a bad experience, to be honest. :/ But the combat is really fun and the outfit designs are lovely and the character customization is great.

I don't think people hate a decent game.. but then again . this is not a decent game now is it ?

It has to many gaps in it to be called a decent game.... for people that have a high end pc.. to play with such bad optimization is just .. painfull, the pvp system is full of bots that destroy this experience .. and the trains that I saw in many videos are just insane.

What I do not like is the communication.. it's just poor ..  it's as if the developers and admins and moderators need to spend time in 2-3 other NCSOFT games..and when they have time to jump on this forum and offer some feedback.

I would think that we would have some dedicated people.. and this is sad if you think about all the problems the people have... and it's not like we all have different problems .

They care more about milking money.. and I will donate for this game only once in my online time here and that is when they will add the option for us to be able to change from Male to Female .. I like the female suits far more and I regret making a male... and I'm more or less sure they will make that option a pay to change .. or maybe we get lucky and we get it on store like that extra slot.

First, we really need to define "hate". Being critical or simply deciding the game isn't for them and offering an explanation as to why, does not constitute "hate". That's a very important distinction. I, personally, find Blade & Soul an average to below average game with a stellar combat system. Unfortunately, this doesn't necessarily hold up well in today's market, especially out West where expectations are significantly higher. Grind-centric games no longer have the draw they once did because people in NA/EU want more to do. That all being said, I'll list some of my reasons.

• PvE is a relative bore: Despite a visceral and engaging combat system, the PvE aspect of the game draws little from this established core due to poor enemy A.I resulting in only a few button clicks being all you'll ever need.
  • Bland story: Admittedly, no one should be anticipating Final Fantasy XIV given who the respective publishers are, however what is there is little more than your average cliched revenge tale. Few characters stand out or offer intrigue into a world that is ultimately serves to be a pretty background instead of a richly developed universe. Hajoon is a prime example. While I actually liked his witty charm, I had nowhere the investment needed to care over his death. He was "that tutorial guy" before I even realized you can meet him at the school on my second character.
  • Lore: Touched on above, the world of Blade & Soul feels... empty at times. We discover so little and seemingly have no rhythm or reason for the things we do... other than to do them. Perhaps a less noteworthy reason for some, but I need to feel engaged in my surroundings to fully appreciate them. 
  • Combat... and what else?: I, honestly, ask myself what else there is to do a bit too frequently. Crafting is objectively terrible, we have spoken about the story and due to its solo'd nature you lack the dynamism in raid content offered by WoW/XIV/GW2, or the sheer world building of BDO. If you're into PvP, Blade & Soul will sate you plenty. Frankly, I recommend it highly to those who are. For everyone else... you don't have much variety. 
  • The Grind: Unless you are a seriously dedicated player, with ample playtime, you will be left behind; but unlike other MMOs, there is no means of catching up. As the gap continues to grow between those playing 6-8 hours a day and others who don't, more people will lose interest by virtue of seeing an Everest they feel isn't worth climbing.
  • While I'm not particularly bothered by the Cash Shop, it's bloated prices in conjunction with all the bots being somewhat neglected is a definite turn-off for many, I suspect. NA/EU audiences are far less forgiving, especially towards the latter.
  • The UI: It is... dated. Minimal flexibility and a clunky interface in general left me more than a little frustrated at times. In 2016, adjustments such as these border on mandatory and cannot be overlooked. 

So what does Blade & Soul do well then? 

• Combat: Have I not emphasized this enough? Because I really ought-- at least as it pertains to PvP. The sheer variety of options and combos is rather impressive. Your actions feel fluid and immediately responsive, enacting a sense of personal skill no tab-targeted counterpart can directly offer. While I might somewhat prefer the latter, I also appreciate the overall complexity Blade & Soul has under the hood.

Is the game by any means bad? No. I feel it has a target audience in mind and only cares to focus on them specifically, which is fine. Whether I think such is viable over the long term is another story. Ultimately, gamers simply have so many options, especially with how affordable good gaming PCs are nowadays that B&S may well have missed its opportunity to make an impact in the West. 

Bear in my, of course, this is all subjective. You always do you. If you're enjoying Blade & Soul, never let someone else tell you otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Evilshana said:

As others already torn the other points apart, I'll take what's left. If you've played since launch, you would've experienced it other. For the first ~4 weeks, you couldnt play BnS straight 3 days. We had 2 regular maintenances a week, a horrible emergency maintenance handling ("The server will shut down in 5 min"). Even now, the EU marketplace outsourced to NA servers is not working properly.

Coming to the point that part of the EU servers (login, marketplace and "other components" = arena?) are outsourced to NA servers. This is why maintenance have to be simultaneously for NA and EU. This is just one horrible server structure. From this, the EU server lags derive and will never be able to be "fixed", as you would have to set up a new server structure.

Oh well, perhaps we should be glad that cross-server dungeons are not running on KR servers, Terrors on JP servers and Blackwyrm on CN servers. And lately, they managed to get their servers running stable with only 1 regular maintenance per week. At least this is where they finally showed that they have years of experience in handling MMO issues. The employees working on stabilizing the servers are very good. The management who decided to put parts of the EU server to NA are not.

Lets be honest. This game ONLY have the best pvp system but by the best i don`t mean balanced (but its close to balance anyway). The story is better in FF14, the PvE is better in TERA, world look is better in TERA too, in BD for sure. Community here cause of compepetive pvp wanna be progaming is mixed cancer from twitch and league of legends.

Im playing this game only because 2 things:

- arena PvP 1v1

- Boobs

arena would be more fun without bots, especially immortall summoners, they are not fun, rly.

CLEAN UP UR HOME NC

4 hours ago, Rief said:

I'm sorry. But, I have to disagree on this.

The number of bots is way beyond of what I normally found in an F2P games.

Yah i'd have to agree with Rief...

I was around for the launch of several games...granted they were not F2P at launch.  GW2, SWTOR, TSW, Wildstar and now B&S.  When SWTOR and TSW transitioned to F2P i didnt notice a big increase in the bot population.   At least not to the point where my *cricket*ing chat is useless because of bot spam, there are 20 characters around me with gibberish names and stuff like that.  Out of all the games i've played right now B&S has the most bots.  Actually scratch that...all i can do is go off of what i see when i log onto the game.  And again...thats bots spamming chat, bots running around questing and doing dungeons.  And as many of the others have experienced (i havent yet) PVP and PVE dungeon bots.  The only other game that came close to the level of bots as B&S was Wildstar.

Vocal minority. I understand the issues the game has, I just love the combat and I find tanking and hitting things with my BM very satisfying.

The thing is, those who have negative things to say are much more inclined to say them out loud, but people like me who enjoy the game do not feel like going into a forum to say so, we rather be in game having fun.

I agree that there are issues, but I also find this to be the most suitable mmo for me currently. I hope the game improves and am willing to give them a chance. Combating botting is not realistic to completely remove and I find it understandable that they need time to address issues. It happens in every MMO especially those that are f2p. Whether they eventually improve things is anyone's guess, but the game has enough potential that I'm willing to somewhat overlook its faults. One of the biggest negatives in this game is other people. There are elitists (2 held up an entire part in bloodshade because I didn't meet their expectations on an alt), con artists that rip you off in auction and leave when it fails, afkers who aren't necessarily bots, offensive attitudes (though in game it doesn't seem as bad as I've generally seen), and griefers who will reset a miniboss to steal credit from you. Not only are these people selfish, but they will project the fault onto others. It's that type of thing that both makes me question MMOs and whether I'm happy to actually be a westerner.

8 hours ago, Evilshana said:

The game is some what outdated, questing are as linear as FF13 and exploration does not exist. Kinda wish it was more FF14.

Censorship (on a few costume too) and translation that can make the most culturally ignorant/intolerant person cry. So much dialog does not line up with the original and misspelling once in awhile is not making it any better.

Customer support for the forum is useless, my main forum account was banned for no reason and so far I had 0 respond from the mail address given to me by admin and support to send to ask after many tries.

2/3 character info I see has 18+ H image.

Players, who are frequently venomous in personality nit pick on a game that is completely free.

But still the game has the best online RPG Combat system by far and the eastern theme and art style is very unique approach.

The costumes are expensive but looks great, haven't had any regretful purchase.

Currency trade which makes its completely possible for nothing to be behind paywall. They've already given more to non-paying player more than any other servers does.

i like the game,  but the problem is i've played the game on JP and KR before NA came out.

and i've seen the story (in english subtitles) on those 2 servers.  Which was epic.

then i look at how NA has "westernized it" and see how lame, generic, or uninspired alot of the changed stories have become.    its so bad that at this point i don't even read the quests anymore.  i skip them.   which takes away from the appeal of the game....

I wish they had left the story un butchered.    

http://nichegamer.com/2015/11/report-blade-soul-alteredcensored-for-questionable-material-in-western-release/

^more info.

3 hours ago, bandsnewbie said:

YThe only other game that came close to the level of bots as B&S was Wildstar.

Both game owned/published by NCsoft...Don't you see how the management? LOL 

If they can't do shit in Wildstar Then we don't expect to see any improvement in BnS period.

3 minutes ago, JMelo said:

Both game owned/published by NCsoft...Don't you see how the management? LOL 

If they can't do shit in Wildstar Then we don't expect to see any improvement in BnS period.

Actually, the bot situation is quite similar among the games that these goldseller sites sell gold for.

Ever heard of Aura Kingdom?

qbdmB51.gif

I wouldn't say I hate it. I just don't fund it and play it for what it is, as it has not proven to be worth anything so far. The people I find funny are the ones that complain about it after having invested money into the game. I guess they don't realize that they are directly supporting NCSoft's bad habits.

23 minutes ago, Moggie said:

The people I find funny are the ones that complain about it after having invested money into the game. I guess they don't realize that they are directly supporting NCSoft's bad habits.

There are kids that using the parent credit card nor some senior have nothing to do with their money and keep buying NCsoft over priced cash shop items in HOPE they support NCsoft to get thing better...They living in their no sense dream.

Lots of reasons:

1. Bots bots and more bots

2. Gold sellers

3. Game was touted as having a "balanced" PvP lol

4. Runs like shit

5. Lag for no apparent reason

6. Hackers openly ruling the top 2 tiers of PvP

7. Stupid shit like banning legitimate players while bot armies and hackers run rampant

8. A grindy less than mediocre gold and upgrade system that punishes legitimate players while giving bots and AFKs free reign while also making them insanely rich, all for not even playing

9. Zero awareness of the community

10. Zero transparency

11. Zero acknowledgment of glaring problems let alone fixes for said problems

Archived