Warlock or Force Master

Rinehart

I'm looking for a ranged character as an alt. I don't want the Summoner because I don't really like Lyns so that's out of the question. 

From what I understand, Warlock is like a ballista, a stationary caster. Force Master is more mobile and yet also more defensive due to ice skills and more iframes. Warlock has more dps and party support? Visuals wise, both are really cool to me. I like to be mobile so I'm sort of leaning towards Force Master but, WL/FM mains, what about your class makes you love it? Aka convince me to play either class. 

Edit: I should mention that I intend to mainly PvE, so their prowess in PvP matters not to me

In general FM is much more difficult to play well, especially in PVP.  Warlock is more of a support DPS, tha offers great group utility but at the cost of some mobility and DPS.  You really can't go wrong with either, as they both have different strengths.

10 minutes ago, TexMex said:

In general FM is much more difficult to play well, especially in PVP.  Warlock is more of a support DPS, tha offers great group utility but at the cost of some mobility and DPS.  You really can't go wrong with either, as they both have different strengths.

PVP wise I fully agree FM is much harder to master, but PVE wise I think WL is probably the hardest to master, with heavy cool down management, duration management, refresh management and orb management, target management, brand management, with both soulburn and siph status, with with not even 1 double cc in PVE build, with least iframe off all class, and with a overrated block that's cast delay. Especially if not played well, can't even do more damage that a BM. 

FM. Closed. Scummoners and Warlosers are both so pathetic that they have to make it a 2 on 1 match everytime. Warlocks with their thralls and Scummoners with their cats. And WL's still lose. Scummoner's 15 mins of fame will be over after re-balancing.

I would say choose whichever one u like the best if equal in liking maybe make both if ur so inclined i chose fm cause i rlly like it and was only casting class at da time. Do note that as of right now Warlock is really only war its half of the class due to it being originally released at lvl 50 and despite other videos u see from other regions this wl is nerfed hard and even harder at lvl 45 but lv50 soon so yay. 

Some basic things about each:

WL: amazing buff cd reset access to awakened skills loved in ppts but super long cd

Does a surprising amount of dmg can be speced to get a maximum downtime of 12s

Stupidly high burst when managed right however little no no dps when not managed/ all cds down

Basically wl is a nuking class with super high burst and some pt buffs but super squishy and outside those burst skills it has like 0 dps. You need to manage ur cds well and the whole class is based off CD resets in order to provide continued burst.

FM

High dps, easy to cause sustained dps

Can anicancel to fire off lots of skills in a short amount of time to further increase dmg

only 2 def skills (1 applies to pt) both have long-semi long cds (30 and 60s)

3 iframes total including SS

Basically fm is a "run and gun" type it provides lots of dmg (A LOT) but thats countered by its 2 long cd skills which needs to be saved for the right moments and lackluster tanking ability. Note to provide the maximum dmg relies on how well ur ani canceling is which if u dont ani cancel or are very bad at it then ur dmg kinda falls off also ur dps is somewhat reliant on burn debuff.

Some skills:

Blaze beam (hits like a truck) no cd 

Divine veil : aoe shield protects pt mems within range from projectiles (ONLY)

Frost sheath: aoe def skill causes u to be encased in frost armour when hit, super useful for annihilation boss moves 

Ice armour personal def skill 1 min cd heals and resists

Duel dragon/Dragonfrost/blaze: used with orbit stacks which u get from using certain skills, dragonblaze/frost single target causes some effects and hits hard. Duel dragon hardest hitting skill liner aoe causes effects

My explanations prob weren't the best but eh just a few things as i said choose which ever one u like i lvled em both and liked both however i still prefer fm but thats jus me.

Damn didnt think id write that much

I should mention that I don't particularly like to PvP (will occasionally 3v3 with clan members but PvE is my main focus)

Hm, there really is only one person here who's like "definitely this class!" lol. Thanks for all of your input though! It's still a tough call since both look so cool but I think I'm leaning more and more towards FM.  

Also, @SixGod, do BMs have really low DPS?  I main one and that's pretty much the only class I've played so I don't really have a comparison but at least I don't feel like I'm doing low damage.  I heard some people say that BMs have really high DPS while others have said they are rather low on DPS but I suppose it's because we have really high burst eh?

29 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

FM. Closed. Scummoners and Warlosers are both so pathetic that they have to make it a 2 on 1 match everytime. Warlocks with their thralls and Scummoners with their cats. And WL's still lose. Scummoner's 15 mins of fame will be over after re-balancing.

Is it seriously called 2 on 1 when it's a pet (temp in the case of WL) :p  Or is this some sort of complaint from people who can't handle sucking?  Because it's still just an ability of the class.  It's not like it's 2 players vs 1 player.

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Is it seriously called 2 on 1 when it's a pet (temp in the case of WL) :p  Or is this some sort of complaint from people who can't handle sucking?  Because it's still just an ability of the class.  It's not like it's 2 players vs 1 player.

A lot of people complain that Summoners don't need to put forth nearly as much effort to be good in PvP as other classes, I can't say this for myself because I haven't touched PvP since I reached gold on my BM during the first pre-season (though I remember Summoners not giving me too much trouble... though that's probably because everyone in my rank was a noob... including me).  It's no lie that Summoners can easily hide behind their cats so while it's not as bad as 2 players vs 1 player, it's definitely worse than a straight up 1v1 since it is difficult to ignore the cat unless you immediately sleep it. (can the cat escape that? I'm not sure... perhaps someone with more PvP knowledge can explain this)

58 minutes ago, ChanChan said:

Warlock isn't 2v1 the thrall is an uncontrollable fancy looking meat shield... In fact we lose escape skills because of the little control we have...those being q,e and tab (and thralls can last all of 32 seconds) so please leave warlocks alone...fm has the upper against locks due to sheer tankiness and damage

FM is probably the second easiest class out there in my opinion. I love it. It makes life 10x easier for bosses and farming Blackwyrm and Tower runs. The only class that could be easier then FM in PVE is Summoner. Thing is if you have a decent connection and a decent computer ani canceling feels much easier compared to shitty connection and toaster computer. It only took me 2 tries to clear out phase 3 of Mushin as a FM with True Siren weapon and Awakened Siren accessories. Once I got it to True Pirate it was even more hilarious. 

I can not say for sure how PVP works because I am horrible at PVP and I dont tend to do it. I will say however the few times I have got into a scuffle with reds the damage was pretty funny for little effort. If you do a group fight though. Have a Warcock with you =) Soulburn with a group in PVP is *cricket*ing hilarious

2 hours ago, SixGod said:

PVP wise I fully agree FM is much harder to master, but PVE wise I think WL is probably the hardest to master, with heavy cool down management, duration management, refresh management and orb management, target management, brand management, with both soulburn and siph status, with with not even 1 double cc in PVE build, with least iframe off all class, and with a overrated block that's cast delay. Especially if not played well, can't even do more damage that a BM. 

Nah WL is still much easier in pve compared to FM, the only thing that makes WL difficult in PvE is when new players have no idea what the skills do. But when you know the same amount of both classes, WL is the easier class in pve and pvp especially with that 1 block skill that can block almost anything in pve (exception is the red boss skills).

As someone who switched from FM main to WL when it was released I personally find FM a little more fun.

WL Pros:

- Cool animations

- Lots of defensive skills

- High burst

- Good group support

- Easy to play once you learn the mechanics

WL Cons:

- No real sustained dps

- Pet doesn't do what its supposed to 1/2 the time

- Very squishy if you mess up defensive skills

- Not very mobile, lots of standing compared to FM/SMN

FM Pros:

- Highest DPS class in PvE

- High mobility

- Good CC (FM 3 skill can be specced to double stun, so they can disable bosses by themself)

- High aoe damage

FM Cons:

- Very few iframes (Unless you count the two freeze skills, but you are stuck during them)

- Little group support (But Party Ice Flower and Grab shouldn't be underestimated, the grab where you can pull near death allies to you)

- *can't think of the rest but there is something else*

But anyways, both are great classes. If you play FM in PvP make sure to utilize 4 points straight down in Divine Veil. If you read the description it heals on resist, not on ranged resist. So if you use Ice Flower or Ice Tab inside the bubble you'll heal while taking any kind of damage including dots which makes its easy to heal 100% even vs melee classes.

Fm or WL hmmm... Ofc FM, high dps per second,  lots of defense skills,  one of the best survive abilities. And warlock well... Go to sleep...  Boring,  only visuliations worth playing WL. Arena?  FM rapes WL in no time,  just rush,  WL has nothing against rushers like FM.

6 minutes ago, Rinehart said:

Thanks for all the responses, but for those who are talking about Arena, i really don't care for PvP prowess.  If I did PvP (and I mainly PvE), I'm not usually out there trying to be the best or whatever

At best the answer is FM for easier skill management then. The reason people say PvP is due to Faction dailies. You will eventually do them since that's a chunk of Soulstones waiting to be obtained. The good thing about Faction dailies are that they don't necessarily mean you will PvP as you can have a day without a single person attacking you but just to be extra safe in doing them, best to know how to do a bit of PvP here and there. 

52 minutes ago, BigJ01 said:

Nah WL is still much easier in pve compared to FM, the only thing that makes WL difficult in PvE is when new players have no idea what the skills do. But when you know the same amount of both classes, WL is the easier class in pve and pvp especially with that 1 block skill that can block almost anything in pve (exception is the red boss skills).

I feel like my FM is way easier to dps with than my Warlock. I just lmb rmb 2, impact to burn, weave in my fire V and X when appropriate and deal a ton of damage. It's not hard at all. If I'm in trouble, I have SS, Q, E, Ice V and Ice tab. Warlock? My damage revolves around leech pretty much. Granted I do have the Dragon Call book (which has insanely increased my burst) but I have less tools to deal with bosses generally (especially if you have to burn SS for something else and have to deal with o a red circle).

5 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

At best the answer is FM for easier skill management then. The reason people say PvP is due to Faction dailies. You will eventually do them since that's a chunk of Soulstones waiting to be obtained. The good thing about Faction dailies are that they don't necessarily mean you will PvP as you can have a day without a single person attacking you but just to be extra safe in doing them, best to know how to do a bit of PvP here and there. 

Yeah I know about the faction dailies, but I almost always do them with my clan, otherwise I skip the open world PvP quest.  I generally learn some PvP because sometimes I actually enjoy it, simply that PvP is not my main focus.  

i swapped from FM main to WL main and don't regret it one bit i have more fun on warlock and feels more of a challenge to play while still getting pretty close to FM dps anyone who says otherwise doesn't know how to paly WL. not saying FM not good or fun it is i played it first and loved it just like WL better 

3 hours ago, Brand X said:

Umm, yeah. Since the pet or thrall can stand in front of you and take damage like a human shield while you continue attacking through it, yeah. Or the fact that it can attack for you, while you endlessly throw stuns or disables? Yeah, thats 2 opponents. Each with their own hp. Which btw, WL's I don't even care. I can handle them just fine. And Destroyers, and Sins,...awe who am I kidding? Most of those destroyers are bots. 

But it's not like I'm the only one saying it. The only ones NOT saying it are SOME of the Scummoner crowd. There's actually alot that say its too easy and boring. Then there's the part of the Scummoner crowd that is saying "it's not so bad," because they don't want the re-balancing that we all know is coming.

~"Please, please, don't take away my ridiculous advantage. I don't want to have to actually play."

How to play Summoner on Blade and Soul: http://9gag.com/gag/ao9x74x?ref=mobile

(sorry for the link, i can't seem to find the option to embed the clip)

Lemme guess, you couldn't beat em so you had to join em? weak.

and one more vote for FM.

when I was levelling my WL, I was like wow, this class is nice, maybe I'd even reroll? but then I got soooo bored of it and thanks to cheating on my FM a bit, I've fallen in love with it even more. it's just super fun to play with. I've played a few classes and although not all of them, I think FM is the class which has the biggest ammount of skills and ways to build it. 

Archived