Lissy

Do you think content is being released too fast?

Recommended Posts

Chicken   

Don't worry, it's going to slow down at some point.

They will run out of content updates once we're on par with other older regions, and content patches will be limited to what the other regions have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KaOs514   

I think it's way too slow.... Already have 4 characters at 45 2 at hm5 not enough to do game is dead af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Content, not really.

 

However, I find the powercreep a bit absurd. A good number of the Naryu soulshields completely outclass the previous BiS (BSH, which also powercreeped BRSC/Moonwater Arena by a ton). We're looking at an easy +50% crit/HP/etc over the previous equivalents. For insance my Naryu 8 has 2x the HP and 150% the crit of my BSH 8.

 

I could understand if these were lvl 50 items, but they're not. I don't have a problem with them being better, but the advantage they give is absurd - gear at the same level should be more about tradeoffs rather than absolute gains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rinehart   
13 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Content, not really.

 

However, I find the powercreep a bit absurd. A good number of the Naryu soulshields completely outclass the previous BiS (BSH, which also powercreeped BRSC/Moonwater Arena by a ton). We're looking at an easy +50% crit/HP/etc over the previous equivalents. For insance my Naryu 8 has 2x the HP and 150% the crit of my BSH 8.

 

I could understand if these were lvl 50 items, but they're not. I don't have a problem with them being better, but the advantage they give is absurd - gear at the same level should be more about tradeoffs rather than absolute gains.

That's a really good point... I was just about to start farming my BSH soul shields when NL came out and it was pretty much a no-brainer to me to start farming NL soul shields instead.

 

14 minutes ago, KaOs514 said:

I think it's way too slow.... Already have 4 characters at 45 2 at hm5 not enough to do game is dead af

That's really incredible... I have two characters at lvl 45 right now with only one consistently doing endgame dailies (I'm actually going to remake the other lvl 45 anyways...).  But not everyone is able to get to endgame like that as quickly as you so while I'm sure some more hardcore players are running out of stuff to do, casual players certainly have a ways to go.  It's no lie that the content updates are incredibly fast-paced right now compared to the rates that the other servers have updated (but as stated earlier, that is because the west wants to compete at the next tournament).  If you think it is too slow right now... it will start to feel like a snail's crawl later when we catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   

You can never have content released to fast.  You can only have impatient players who think they have to experience right then and there and complete it that day.  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lissy said:

How am I going to get true pirate upgrade on ONE character let alone at least another of my alts?? I hear that when the level 50 expansion hits the weapon upgrades become HELLA more expensive..... why not let players who are a bit slower that others catch the *cricket* up first?! you don't have to release all the content from KR within like 5 months..... are you just trying to save this game from bots by adding content  too fast rather than COMBAT the bots?! Holy jesus .... I'm sorry I am not such a hardcore player that I didn't get true pirate on my warlock on day 3 -_-

 

 

I really hate this.....

 

does anyone know the exact date of Silverfrost so I can work my ass off to get my weapons ready?!

While I do wish the speed of updates a bit slower. But its also a good thing since the worst thing that can happen to a game is slow updates. And face it with foreign games SLOW updates is always the biggest issue. Even if the game is older we always get slow updates which has not been the case with BnS. Just work at doing your dailies and you can get Pirate done in no time. In all honesty there was time before the Warlock update to get all your materials saved if you were aiming for a Warlock main.

5 hours ago, xArinx said:

Ok, let's start off with that I am not exactly complaining, but just curious as a concerned consumer.

 

So, everything that the west version is getting is pretty much what the KR client has. Which to start with, doesn't have that much content to begin with considering the game is 5 years old. But the content was spread out from release in a 5 year period.

Which raises my concern. The West client is getting those updates in rapid succession and at this rate, it will catch up within this year. Which will leave the game deprived of future updates, unless the KR client gets more. But BnS had it's climax in the market and it's nearing it's final state of it's run. You can see this with the dwindling numbers of players in Korea and practically dying client in JP, I can say this as I am a Korean/Japanese. When a game originally charged 3000 yen a month (approx $30 usd), then go f2p... yeah, that's not exactly a good sign.

 

I'm not saying the game is dying, but rather the west client is sort of driving into a dead end street at this rate. People are happy now that they get updates frequently, but as people were flustered to the point they were asking for a expansion class since launch... I do wonder what will happen once this trend stops.

 

Maybe they are working closely with HQ in KR to schedule updates, or maybe they just want to cater to as many people as they can in a burst period. I do hope it's the former.

 

I enjoy playing games and BnS is a fun game, despite the issues a lot of people are complaining about. But if the time and effort I spend now is going to be void a year later, I do feel a sense of insecurity. But generally, most MMO's these days falls off the radar and don't really last any longer than 2 years.

I'm not sure what you are talking about in terms of BnS being dead in Korea as it is regularly ranked in the top 5/10 MMO's in Korea. It is also still P2P in Korea. Theres more then enough content for them to push us into next year not to mention the content that Team Bloodlust pushes out on a regular basis. You seem to be misinformed about the amount of content that BNS KR has as compared to us. The next update is simply a new set of blue dungeons and new set of purple dungeons. Korea has more dungeons + a REAL raid(I don't mean the 24 man instances we have now but a actual raid.) Korea also has more Floors on tower and another tower to go along with it. We are far away from the point where you should worry about content "running out".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xArinx   
10 minutes ago, Airstrike said:

While I do wish the speed of updates a bit slower. But its also a good thing since the worst thing that can happen to a game is slow updates. And face it with foreign games SLOW updates is always the biggest issue. Even if the game is older we always get slow updates which has not been the case with BnS. Just work at doing your dailies and you can get Pirate done in no time. In all honesty there was time before the Warlock update to get all your materials saved if you were aiming for a Warlock main.

I'm not sure what you are talking about in terms of BnS being dead in Korea as it is regularly ranked in the top 5/10 MMO's in Korea. It is also still P2P in Korea. Theres more then enough content for them to push us into next year not to mention the content that Team Bloodlust pushes out on a regular basis. You seem to be misinformed about the amount of content that BNS KR has as compared to us. The next update is simply a new set of blue dungeons and new set of purple dungeons. Korea has more dungeons + a REAL raid(I don't mean the 24 man instances we have now but a actual raid.) Korea also has more Floors on tower and another tower to go along with it. We are far away from the point where you should worry about content "running out".

While once upon a time BnS in Korea was one of the top games, but as of late, it's been falling off the ranks.

 

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/

Ranked 15th

http://gamechart100.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=B11&page=2

Ranked 12th

 

http://www.playfam.com/award/gameRank/20160303

This website keeps track of all mmo games available in Korea and ranks them weekly. According to this site, the last time BnS was ranked, was August Q1. Even during the release of Soul Master, it seemed to have fallen under the radar and failed to attract players. I am more surprised to see Maplestory still going strong.

 

But this is a clear indication of a fruit going sour. As I said, BnS has passed it's climax in Korea. I suspect it's the PVP element still keeping the fans going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiriC   

@xArinx  wow Lineage Rank#5  .. :O .. that's it .. think I'm going back to lineage. that's amazing . YEY ... to bad I only love C4... that game is one of the best in like FREAKING EVER !!! GREAT SIEGES !!! GREAT MEMORIES !!!!

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I do think that the release of upgrades are just fine... and I'm a player that goes to work.. comes back from work.. gets to play for a few hours.. and stuff like that.. my weekend at times saturday I log or I don't... but when I do.. I just kinda play as much as I like.. and I had the time till now to get 2 chars up to lvl 45 , but I only play my main..I did the other one just for the costume and that's about it.. and I got to true pirate and in this weekend I will have the other jewels almost full...I have the soul and stuff like that.

 

I dont think that the upgrades are coming fast.. because the population already has pirate.. or atleast a great deal have it .. or they have maxed our jewels since we know others picked that path.

 

I just can't wait to see 2 things in this game :

 

6 vs 6

PETS .. PETS PETS PETS.. I want a freaking PET  .. I saw on korean servers that they have a floating pet around them.. I want that to :( ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, xArinx said:

While once upon a time BnS in Korea was one of the top games, but as of late, it's been falling off the ranks.

 

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/

Ranked 15th

http://gamechart100.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=B11&page=2

Ranked 12th

 

http://www.playfam.com/award/gameRank/20160303

This website keeps track of all mmo games available in Korea and ranks them weekly. According to this site, the last time BnS was ranked, was August Q1. Even during the release of Soul Master, it seemed to have fallen under the radar and failed to attract players. I am more surprised to see Maplestory still going strong.

 

But this is a clear indication of a fruit going sour. As I said, BnS has passed it's climax in Korea. I suspect it's the PVP element still keeping the fans going.

 

@xArinxSir/Ma'am if you read and count you will notice that BnS is in the top 5 for games of its "genre". As I said before its regularly ranked within the Top 5 or Top 10 in Korea.

 

Here I filtered for you:

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/index.php?search_mode=weekly&genre=MMORPG

Edited by Airstrike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimpoy   

of course, they need to release it fast they need more $$$ from players before they quit this game hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoXor   

I love those casuals, who are happy not to be so hardcore, but become come very unhappy if they do not have best gear as hardcores. Releasing new content fast is perfectly fine and we should be happy about that. I would  not care about upgrade cost a lot as value of gold will shift. Same as 1 gold was all u had during levelling process, but is worth nothing now.

Other important benefit of catching up is also that chance of solving gameplay and also performance issues. They will not invest time for fixing old versions for sure.

Edited by RoXor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shar   
10 hours ago, Lissy said:

upgrades get more expensive and harder to get and even the recipes for current upgrades change from what I heard.... making you need the NEW end game items just to get as far as people who are caught up :/ I'm sorry you don't understand. I'm going by what I read on multiple threads

So what? If the new upgrade path was so hard to follow, then it would make the game unplayable for someone who starts after the patch.

 

Just play at your own pace and don't worry about "catching up".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I do think content is released too fast. This is especially problematic for people who enjoy creating multiple characters. At first I've only played on my FM and it made me excited to see this type of pacing. But now that i've started a second char it has turned into a race against the clock. This might make a gaint gap between new players and older experienced players. But I cans ee why NCsoft is releasing content so fast, to be eSports viable we'll have to get at the korean version asap and ofcourse to cather to a certain fraction of the population who'se impatient or tends to hop on another hypetrain quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yahni   

Personally, I do. I've never seen a game push out content this fast. Everything feels like it's currently being rushed and nothing is being fixed. The game just came out 2 months ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hongmoon   

It's just going to be more ap elitism. Funny how people are telling others to go their own pace while demanding ludicrous dungeon entry requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i already have 2 max geared max HM level characters. bored of 45cap already, more than half my clan also in the same shoes, max gear, max HM, bored of end game. most spend their time either killing blues in mistywoods or not logging in.  really happy with silver frost coming soon!

Edited by Boscodash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those still not with a Awakened/True Pirate weapon, probably. Me? My main is at True Profane and focusing on having my alt ready for endgame (currently at middle of Act II with True Blight). I wasn't rushing too hard to get better gear on my main, and I doubt I'll be doing it now, what with the ludricous spike in mat requirements to upgrade beyond True Profane and all. Seriously, *cricket* the Soulstone requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

For those still not with a Awakened/True Pirate weapon, probably. Me? My main is at True Profane and focusing on having my alt ready for endgame (currently at middle of Act II with True Blight). I wasn't rushing too hard to get better gear on my main, and I doubt I'll be doing it now, what with the ludricous spike in mat requirements to upgrade beyond True Profane and all. Seriously, *cricket* the Soulstone requirements.

its way more expensive and time consuming with the silverfrost tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boscodash said:

its way more expensive and time consuming with the silverfrost tree.

Dunno, there may be changes for NA/EU, but we'll see when it comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drkn335   

I've seen various reasons floating around why people don't want the new update. Notably, the game as it is right now isn't perfect, and so they are essentially just added new content to a game that is already partly broken. You need to fix other issues first before adding new content. It almost seems like a distraction from all the problems which is a cheap tactic. Secondly, people who cannot reach end game for whatever reason now don't want to have to pay even more money (in game) than everyone else to catch up, which is understandable.

Lastly, someone made a great point on the forum. Those who are max level now which skip past much of the upgrading and money costs and can go straight to lvl 50 wep (if they are at pirate now) and will just get even more stronger and op, yet those who are weaker are going to have it even harder to upgrade to max in the next patch. Therefore the distance between the stronger and the weaker players is going to get even greater, which some will view as unfair (especially with membership bonuses and p2w aspects) and it might make it harder for the non-pirate weaponers to even play content in the next update since people constantly leave parties if someones AP isn't high enough for the liking. The elitist will get even worse in their elitist attitudes and the divide between players will become great. Weaker players in terms of gears then won't have much incentive to play if they are at such a disadvantage. Postponing silverfrost would allow everyone (or mostly everyone) to catch up so that these issues might be resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes and no.

 

No, because I already have awakened pirate (will have true after the tablet grind)

Yes, because I do not have time to really play. So because of needing gold and limited play time I have been grinding bsh to upgrade my weapon with gold to spare so I have not been able to enjoy the new content as much as I would like. So once the new content comes I will feel rushed, because I will have to once again start a gold grind to upgrade items when I never really got a chance to enjoy the current patch....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather they'd just expand the weapon evolution tree by adding the new branch instead of having it replace theold one altogether. Like, no limiting you to the Silverfrost path if you are below Pirate.

 

Or better yet, just reduce the mat requirements. They are frankly ludricous beyond True Profane with the old tree and I know the new one is no better.

Edited by Tsuchiryu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fruitie   
5 hours ago, RoXor said:

I love those casuals, who are happy not to be so hardcore, but become come very unhappy if they do not have best gear as hardcores. Releasing new content fast is perfectly fine and we should be happy about that. I would  not care about upgrade cost a lot as value of gold will shift. Same as 1 gold was all u had during levelling process, but is worth nothing now.

Other important benefit of catching up is also that chance of solving gameplay and also performance issues. They will not invest time for fixing old versions for sure.

While content shouldn't really be held off for the sake of it, the pressure is that they have to invest heavily now in order to save time later. If they kept the same path and silverfrost continued onto it or had a separate path then people wouldn't have any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, drkn335 said:

The elitist will get even worse in their elitist attitudes and the divide between players will become great. Weaker players in terms of gears then won't have much incentive to play if they are at such a disadvantage. Postponing silverfrost would allow everyone (or mostly everyone) to catch up so that these issues might be resolved.

While I don't agree with the elitist attitudes, I also don't agree with people who always want to run with people who have much better gear than them, which is in essence, a carry. The people who got their gear to that point had to have started somewhere, and so can the players who haven't completed their gear.

 

There will always be an abundance of people who have the same gear as you. Find a group of people who won't quit a dungeon run at the first death or party wipe, and you're golden. The 24p runs give enough gold a day to get your weapon past True Profane (with soulstone and moonwater transformation stone prices being as low as they are now), and will have plenty of people to assist at the bosses. Get the gold and the soul shields (even the blue BSH soul shields are great) from these dungeons, to get to a decent level. It'll only take a few weeks at most.

 

As a BM (possibly the lowest dps class), I slowly built up my gear over the past two months, and learned a lot while doing it. Now I can tank every boss from the knowledge of the dungeons I slowly acquired. It does take time, and dedication to a certain extent, and people who don't want to put in the time and/or effort to getting better shouldn't be complaining about not being able to join highly geared parties. These parties aren't the only ones that exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now