Do you think content is being released too fast?

Lissy

How am I going to get true pirate upgrade on ONE character let alone at least another of my alts?? I hear that when the level 50 expansion hits the weapon upgrades become HELLA more expensive..... why not let players who are a bit slower that others catch the *cricket* up first?! you don't have to release all the content from KR within like 5 months..... are you just trying to save this game from bots by adding content  too fast rather than COMBAT the bots?! Holy jesus .... I'm sorry I am not such a hardcore player that I didn't get true pirate on my warlock on day 3 -_-

I really hate this.....

does anyone know the exact date of Silverfrost so I can work my ass off to get my weapons ready?!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is the additional content exactly going to dampen your game play... go the pace you are going and don't worry about the finish line. If anything this should HELP you as prices should continue to drop for what is now considered end game.  

I am having a very hard time trying to understand why new content would negatively affect you personally. And I am trying to actually see where you are coming from ... it's just not there .  

Unless this is bait and I just fully took it  .... :/

upgrades get more expensive and harder to get and even the recipes for current upgrades change from what I heard.... making you need the NEW end game items just to get as far as people who are caught up :/ I'm sorry you don't understand. I'm going by what I read on multiple threads

I can kinda understand you. Most likely with current information it's April 6th(?) when the current wheel ends, but maybe not.

I already have the True Pirate weapon since I'm only playing 1 character. If you know how to make gold, it's pretty easy. I think 3 weeks is enough time to get it if you're around Siren atm. (24+Faction+Tower+Arena. +Crafting if you can. +Heroic Dungeons if you have time. If you wanna step up the game, farm Brightstone.) I was kinda worried about the whole thing the first time I heard about the upgrade path and saw the upgrade requirements, but it wasn't too bad.

And even if you don't get to Awakened/True Pirate, you can play the upcoming content & upgrade to the Lvl50 path. It's gonna be fine.

If your talking about the weapon split path there are many more people out there not going pirate waiting on the lvl 50 content to start.   That is the only thing that I can think of that you are referring to and if that is it  if you do go the pirate path then you skip stages to make up for it. This is all theory since no one knows exactly what is going on.  Some people think upgrading to pirate is a waste of time where others don't.  

Regardless new content is not going to hurt anyone.  New materials MAY just mean an easier way to get there.  

---- and btw I am not knocking your concern maybe the voracity of it but we are on an accelerated path of catch up which is a good thing

2 minutes ago, forJAT said:

Regardless new content is not going to hurt anyone.  New materials MAY just mean an easier way to get there.  

You won't be able to upgrade to Siren/Pirate after the patch hits. There's gonna be a new upgrade path going something like:

True Profane  -> 1

True Siren -> 3

True Pirate -> 5

So the materials you needed to upgrade to True Pirate are going to be cheaper, but also not usable anymore. If the new materials you need to upgrade to 1-4 are going to be cheaper/the same value as the ones you needed to upgrade Profane-Pirate is not clear yet, but most likely it will be.

Reason they Updating so fast is you guess it people are leaving due to bot, hackers, and Goldseller in every server in BnS. Plus also random Dc and lag and game is not very optimization even for high end computers. they are trying to steam the blood flow since know they took out 30day and 1 year Premium from  in game  shop to. but hey whose know it just what i think.

Ok, let's start off with that I am not exactly complaining, but just curious as a concerned consumer.

So, everything that the west version is getting is pretty much what the KR client has. Which to start with, doesn't have that much content to begin with considering the game is 5 years old. But the content was spread out from release in a 5 year period.

Which raises my concern. The West client is getting those updates in rapid succession and at this rate, it will catch up within this year. Which will leave the game deprived of future updates, unless the KR client gets more. But BnS had it's climax in the market and it's nearing it's final state of it's run. You can see this with the dwindling numbers of players in Korea and practically dying client in JP, I can say this as I am a Korean/Japanese. When a game originally charged 3000 yen a month (approx $30 usd), then go f2p... yeah, that's not exactly a good sign.

I'm not saying the game is dying, but rather the west client is sort of driving into a dead end street at this rate. People are happy now that they get updates frequently, but as people were flustered to the point they were asking for a expansion class since launch... I do wonder what will happen once this trend stops.

Maybe they are working closely with HQ in KR to schedule updates, or maybe they just want to cater to as many people as they can in a burst period. I do hope it's the former.

I enjoy playing games and BnS is a fun game, despite the issues a lot of people are complaining about. But if the time and effort I spend now is going to be void a year later, I do feel a sense of insecurity. But generally, most MMO's these days falls off the radar and don't really last any longer than 2 years.

7 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

We will receive the same balance patch that Korea received in January along with the Silverfrost update.

More along that note, we receive the same balance patches as all other regions.  It is important that we have the same balance patches because we intend to participate in the World Championships this year.  There is no custom balancing for our region or any other region.

@Nemesiss so no, that is really not why

1 hour ago, Lissy said:

you don't have to release all the content from KR within like 5 months..... does anyone know the exact date of Silverfrost so I can work my ass off to get my weapons ready?!

KR has HM+20 as well as 9th class. Silverfrost patch will only give us act 4 and HM+10, we are no where near being at KR patch in 5 months, maybe in ~12 months.

I also do feel like they are rushing, and there should be no reason for that, any other MMO doesn't rush the content, even if other regions are years ahead, the reason for this is to give people time to fully play the contents and get more profit from premium sales and shop sales (people get bored and start to buy outfits as an example).

But in this case, NCSoft did 1st focus on Wildstar, it failed a bit, now they trying to import the eSports thingy to western audience and that means filling stadiums with people, and grabing more money in the process, so basically, that's why the rush, specially with blade and soul because the game is amazing and all that BUT, there is no challenging PVE that keeps you tryharding and the PvP once you know all classes strengths and weekness its about experience, and at some point if you are experienced and skilled it just drag down to who's better internet connection (ping).

So yeah, they want to rush for you guys buy tickets to worlds, get partnerships/sponsors with the big brands and all those things, they are trying to be some kind of league of legends but on a combat MMO.

3 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

I also do feel like they are rushing, and there should be no reason for that, any other MMO doesn't rush the content, even if other regions are years ahead, the reason for this is to give people time to fully play the contents and get more profit from premium sales and shop sales (people get bored and start to buy outfits as an example).

But in this case, NCSoft did 1st focus on Wildstar, it failed a bit, now they trying to import the eSports thingy to western audience and that means filling stadiums with people, and grabing more money in the process, so basically, that's why the rush, specially with blade and soul because the game is amazing and all that BUT, there is no challenging PVE that keeps you tryharding and the PvP once you know all classes strengths and weekness its about experience, and at some point if you are experienced and skilled it just drag down to who's better internet connection (ping).

So yeah, they want to rush for you guys buy tickets to worlds, get partnerships/sponsors with the big brands and all those things, they are trying to be some kind of league of legends but on a combat MMO.

This is what most people are unable to see atm. Sure fast content is cool and all, but most people do not think about or rather are unaware of what will happen once the content is dried up. Right now it's like eating instant ramen rather than going out to eat a full course dinner. The 'game is dying' trend is only going to get worse from now on the forums.

I think we just had a similar thread.

Content updates are the trump cards of western publishers. They can be stored on the shelf and activated whenever needed. Just like a real trump card, you dont play it carelessly.

So my guess still is that NCsoft wants to cover the actual issues at hand by throwing out new content. Because it usually is the other way round. The community has to beg for new content. Has to stress how bored they are of the old content. Has to tell how BiS geared they are.

Well, Arena was awesome in WoW back in the BC days imho. Could be equally awesome in BnS, I don't know yet. I was waiting for an eSport MMO-type game. But yeah, other than that.. it's a bit sad that there's not that much content as it seems.

In most situations I'd agree with the view that content too fast is bad for games. However, in BnS's case I believe it's necessary. Honestly surprised the view hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. The game we have is improperly balanced. We're balanced for 50 with a cap of 45. Stretching out updates instead of getting it all at once allows us to get the normal benefit of furthering the game's longevity and boosting player morale, but also gets us closer to having a more balanced game.

Balance ...? I dont understand how NCsoft works, but usually the balances are within their respective content patches. Why would NCsoft balance for lvl 50 but cap us at 45? It makes more sense to cap at 45 and keep the balance settings from lvl 45 content - basically the same content.

I mean, no dev is making a new cap (e.g. lvl 60) and balances it for lvl 70. Usually cap and balance are matched.

Whatever. ..

Only thing concerns me is marketplace... We don't have enough time to settle constant item prices an we get updates. Each updates makes huge mess in market and this new patch will kill market completely. In other server they had bigger time periods before updates so people upgraded their stuff, market prices settled up meanwhile here is the opposite.

On other hand - stop complaining! We have game patch for lvl 50 balance and we finally get it. Also, more lvls, more stuff to do an etc. I personally got bored of continent we have... In few days my 2nd character will be HM5 and also 2nd True Pirate weapon holder... Bleah craft few gems, get lucky, farm few terrors and blackwyrm - get lucky again and you almost maxed out... Boooooooring....

Yes and no... Yes because there are those players who literally Zerg rush the game to carry on being ego boosters in pvp... New content brings them back into pve (even for a short time at least), however I also say no because being able to join the world stage without really experiencing the game could cause some mocking from other regions due to us not having nearly as much experience

The main reason for this aggressive content update schedule is because BnS West wants to be able to compete at the next world tournament.  I agree that the speed is a bit daunting for more casual players but it will slow down in time.  I'm currently trying to get at least Awk Pirate but if I can't, I'm still going to enjoy the new content anyways

It isn't a race. Some people go faster then others and that is okay. Just take your time, enjoy the game and play with friends. However the only issue that comes after that, is if your friends like to rush. Just breath in , breath out and keep playing. If it is going to push you to quit, then leave.

Archived