Forums

Destroyers in arenas NEED a nerf..

VVIX

Hello there mena-san

Anyone else noticed how F'ING OP DEST ARE?! yeah me too this needs to be fixed..how is an a arena balanced when there's a class that can keep you in a infinite chain of stuns..

or have insanely high damage or an un parry able attack?,,,,!?!

so NCSoft

nerf the dests pls.

(summoners are less pain)

Sayonara Mena-san

3 hours ago, VVIX said:

Anyone else noticed how F'ING OP DEST ARE?! yeah me too this needs to be fixed..how is an a arena balanced when there's a class that can keep you in a infinite chain of stuns..

or have insanely high damage or an un parry able attack?,,,,!?!

Destroyers are a pretty meager gimmick class, really. They are entirely reliant on a strong punish game, with the absolute worst neutral (i.e. the time when both players are free to act without any restrictions, like being under CC or having their back to a wall). This makes Destroyers good at beating up on unskilled players, but they are one of if not the single worst class in top-tier play.

2 hours ago, Valiant said:

Destroyer going to get pumped...

It's not much to write home about. There are a buff to shadow Wrath that no-one uses (irrelevant in PvP), a buff to Mighty Cleave that isn't used in PvP because it overrides Knee, and a small buff to T4S3 Cleave. HM Hurricane will mostly help vs. Warlocks; otherwise, HM stage 3 is further tied to that punish game that gets harder to play against skilled opponents.

6 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

Destroyers are a pretty meager gimmick class, really. They are entirely reliant on a strong punish game, with the absolute worst neutral (i.e. the time when both players are free to act without any restrictions, like being under CC or having their back to a wall). This makes Destroyers good at beating up on unskilled players, but they are one of if not the single worst class in top-tier play.

It's not much to write home about. There are a buff to shadow Wrath that no-one uses (irrelevant in PvP), a buff to Mighty Cleave that isn't used in PvP because it overrides Knee, and a small buff to T4S3 Cleave. HM Hurricane will mostly help vs. Warlocks; otherwise, HM stage 3 is further tied to that punish game that gets harder to play against skilled opponents.

But some include me use Mighty cleave and T4S3 Cleave so I do consider it as useful for most of people include me.

and my point of saying " Going to get pumped "  that game right now consider Destroyer output damage  low, BEcause you can see how they didn't touch BD, Summoner and FM skills in next patch due the fact they consider them as balanced (also many people see them as *cricket*ing op unskilled classes right now).
But on other hand you can see them working around some skills for Assassin, Nerf their lighting rod S2 CD or even working around BM and change skills effects or CD even and KFM getting work around aswell and moving skills while on other hand the only class that had a true buff or pump is destroyer.

3 minutes ago, odiasuda said:

Where are people getting info on upcoming Destroyer skill changes?

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-update-infinity-tower-assassin-kungfu-master/

that going to be next patch notes 

Destroyer is very strong for those at the bottom of the ladder (new players) because it's relatively easy to play and quite strong if not handle correctly. But at highter level, it's not that strong. You need to train more :)

1 hour ago, UnitedStrafes said:

LOL! Destroyers probably the bottom barrel PvP class. Look in the top 30 and see how many Destroyers there are.
 If anything they need a buff.

and they going to get it no matter what xD

destroyers aren't op d fuq you on about? lol

vs certain classes they easier sure

others bit more struggling but you just need to know how to stop them before they start spin like cra cra on you xD

and if their dmg is op on you.... you should just spar with some real destroyers (as I noticed half if not MOST the destroyers I'm up against in arena are actually bots -.-... it's easier to notice that as a fm/kfm if you use the frost shield lol only a bot or a retard would hit you as fm while you turn into ice - it heals you xD)

destroyers are quite easy if you time it right :c

of all classes I'm having most trouble vs bd and warlocks as of now...

summoners really depends on how I time my skills.. or what build they use (or a combo of those 2 lol)

you just need learn how to play better :\

I can understand why he claims Destroyers op. I mean if it ever happened to you, that you get 100-0 by a Fury Destroyer, you will just... :O
But it isnt op, Destroyers are actually fairly weak.

16 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

but they are one of if not the single worst class in top-tier play

I agree on that, but I have a question just out of curiosity: How can people like Endah, Sesh or Menace II reach such high rankings with a class like Destroyer? I mean, I know they played the class forever and know almost every single detail about it and how to play it to the max, but they remain in extremely high ranks even tho they are playing the "weakest" class in their rank. How can you claim it weak then? Not trying to disagree but I just want a statement and pls no statistics. Statistics are okay, but like Blade Masters, even tho there arent many in high elo, there are certainly extremely good ones with a very high rank with apparently "the weakest class" claimed by many players.
Correct me if I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ra9eQuit said:

I can understand why he claims Destroyers op. I mean if it ever happened to you, that you get 100-0 by a Fury Destroyer, you will just... :O
But it isnt op, Destroyers are actually fairly weak.

I agree on that, but I have a question just out of curiosity: How can people like Endah, Sesh or Menace II reach such high rankings with a class like Destroyer? I mean, I know they played the class forever and know almost every single detail about it and how to play it to the max, but they remain in extremely high ranks even tho they are playing the "weakest" class in their rank. How can you claim it weak then? Not trying to disagree but I just want a statement and pls no statistics. Statistics are okay, but like Blade Masters, even tho there arent many in high elo, there are certainly extremely good ones with a very high rank with apparently "the weakest class" claimed by many players.
Correct me if I am wrong.

I didn't say it weak, I did say it the most balanced among others

My point is, Mence and other destroyers at higher ranks can't reach first 5 ranks right now due to the fact there annoying blade dancer, summoner and KFM up their way

what do I say that Destroyer take alot of effort to trick your enemy because he leak in damage and immunes or Iframe if you want to say because KFM or BD or BM or FM or even assassin against Destroyer their a high advance edge for either of this classes against destroyer.

And why ? Because KFM able to Iframe every single attack destroyer do and if even destroyer try to play defensive he going to leak in damage.

What about Blade dancer ? Blade dancer with the perfect time can get destroyer out of his escape easily because immunes same goes for other classes 

So my point that destroyer is balanced beside other classes like assassin which can play poke and hide till time out, yes very annoying 

Summoners are less pain than destro? Really? Do you play summoner yourself? I think destro is one of the most balanced classes in game. They are probably op until 1900 rating, but after that you hit the wall once players know what to do against you. 

4 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

I agree on that, but I have a question just out of curiosity: How can people like Endah, Sesh or Menace II reach such high rankings with a class like Destroyer? I mean, I know they played the class forever and know almost every single detail about it and how to play it to the max, but they remain in extremely high ranks even tho they are playing the "weakest" class in their rank. How can you claim it weak then?

You rarely see 100% counters; rather, the scales are merely tipped for or against one participant. This can be overcome if there is a discrepancy in player execution. For example, if you're a bad Smash64 player, you can take Pikachu and I'll take my usual Jigglypuff, and I'll wipe the floor with you. That does not mean that Jigglypuff is particularly powerful (he's not), or that Pikachu isn't in a league of his own (he's Akuma-level OP). In addition to his skill, Endah has been playing this game for much longer than other players. He has the tools needed to make it work despite a bit of a handicap from his class. That's also why it's better to use a broader data set and avoid anchoring on single anecdotes.

Archived