Preparation from 45 to 50 video guide

Magzs

This is an awesome guide. I WAS trying to upgrade everything before the release... but that clearly isn't happening now since the rest is available in two days. I like that I sort of know what to expect now... but I'm just assuming that I will NEVER upgrade everything.

Just now, IsayWhaat said:

Okay, after all the reading I'm just more confused.

My question is : Do I want to evolve my True Siren to Awakened Pirate before the update or I don't want to do that?? And why? 

You should, because if you do not, the mats requirement will be more expensive on the new path. Being pirate now at least eases up (apparently by an insane lot if what other posters say is true) the cost of materials for you to get to Gale, which is the next step after Pirate. When you get to Gale, you will be on the exact same path as everyone else who had done Pirate. AT LEAST that's how I understand it from all I've read.

13 minutes ago, IsayWhaat said:

Okay, after all the reading I'm just more confused.

My question is : Do I want to evolve my True Siren to Awakened Pirate before the update or I don't want to do that?? And why? 

As I explained in the video, yes, you want to get to Awakened pirate before the patch hits if you can.  Look at the picture I included in the video, you can find it here:

2fPHzkk.png

So once the patch hits, your next weapon upgrade will go where ever the next arrow line points to at the white bottom list. So in this case, you can see that if you have True Siren weapon, the arrow points down to True Devil weapon. In other words, if you have Awakened Pirate, you will skip all of the devil path completely since Pirate weapon goes straight to True Gale.

If they haven't modified the quantities at all to fit a Western playerbase and that is truly they way things are, they'd better prepare for a giant sh*tstorm comming their way, turning their beloved 'largest content update' into a rage fest. 

Not to mention the whole 'new players or poor players that were still grinding their upgrades will be forced to pay much more than the old folks' strategy is not only idiotic, but also revolting, it makes them think the players will just stand there and take it. 

I know there will be new dailies with larger gold and soulstones rewards, so I'll reserve my judgment until then, when we actually see if what they give out will somehow compensate for the giant discrepancies between the 2 upgrade paths. 

2 hours ago, se said:

Not to mention the whole 'new players or poor players that were still grinding their upgrades will be forced to pay much more than the old folks' strategy is non only idiotic, but also revolting, it makes them thing the players will just stand there and take it. 

Yeah I don't get this part. Almost universally when MMOs add new content patches with new tiers of gear, they introduce shortcuts for lower end gear to incentivize newer (or even brand new) players. Otherwise someone coming in or starting off just sees the content patch as an even greater gulf and expanse to play catch-up on.

For some reason with this alternative weapon upgrade track, NC took the opposite approach and made it worse for anyone basically not at end-game already. 

Quick update guys. It seems NCwest has heard and acknowledged the issues people are having with rushing their weapons upgrade to Awakened Pirate+ since they just dropped the xpac announcement out of nowhere in such short time. They're going to add alternate paths, most likely what this means is that you can level up to pirate using lvl 45 material. We'll see soon once their post goes live but good news nonetheless!    Source: https://twitter.com/gethfetish/status/712089045640286208

On 3/22/2016 at 2:56 AM, Magzs said:
Quick update guys. It seems NCwest has heard and acknowledged the issues people are having with rushing their weapons upgrade to Awakened Pirate+ since they just dropped the xpac announcement out of nowhere in such short time. They're going to add alternate paths, most likely what this means is that you can level up to pirate using lvl 45 material. We'll see soon once their post goes live but good news nonetheless!    Source: https://twitter.com/gethfetish/status/712089045640286208

Hi can you tell me where exactly this vendor is where you can change your moonwater stones into silverfrost stones? got 200 of them

On 3/23/2016 at 6:15 PM, Ambition said:

Hi can you tell me where exactly this vendor is where you can change your moonwater stones into silverfrost stones? got 200 of them

Sorry for the late reply. You use the roulette wheels in Grand Harvest Square

Archived