Add a kick option with the DPS Meter and punishment for players not bringing their A game with good gears

well..... the op is enjoying his peanut-butter with mayo on the popcorn.... =_="

anyways, important talk... we Sword Immortals need a few good aggro skill.. and aggro multiplier will also help.... later..

I R BESTIER THAN NOOB-NOOB!

I R KICK NOOB-NOOB FOR NOT MAKE DPS!!!

Y U NO LTP NOOB-NOOB?!?!?!?

[/sarcasm]

Methinks the OP is one of those folks who doesn't realize this is a game...

...a flippin' game for criminy sakes...

If you worry about other people ruining your fun then it will ruin your fun, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

2 hours ago, Exposing Hackers said:

With the DPS Meter coming out, i think it'll be the perfect time for us to get a kick option that would activate on certain players if they don't do enough damage.

Using 100% of a boss's hp divided by 6 in 6 man party would require each player to do 17% damage at least. 100% divided by 6 would be around 17%. Any player that does lower than 15% of the boss's hp would start being kickable. In 4 man each player should do at least 25% of the boss's hp as 100% divided by 4 is 25%. Players doing 20% or less would start being kickable.

My FM 

Started to read, first thought, this guy must be a FM where damage is handed over for free.

Kept reading.

Saw "my FM", case closed.

You FM's have it MUCH more easy than ANYONE in the entire game to get a Brilliant Chest from Blackwyrm<-- This is an answer you will understand, if you are able to think for a little bit what this actually implies. Let me be even more specific, while OTHER classes have to build groups with WL+KFM to reach that damage, you as a FM get it gifted to you just because of your class and literally have the damage on your own solo to get that chest with much less effort than the others. Sure sure, there is a little more going on, like beeing ranged, but still, you already do more damage than everyone else.

As a summoner, when I play with decent FM's I can't take aggro by DPSing, ever, it's simply not going to happen when we have the same gear level. When I have a geared FM in my group, he always has aggro because the class puts out more damage. When I see FM's talk, they even talk about drawing aggro all the time, your class needs a DMG nerf so you can get to the same level as others. I want to be able to draw aggro from an FM just by DPSing when I do everything right.

If we fight a Boss together, it will never be 25%, your broken class takes care of that. I want to be able to kick a FM who isn't doing more DMG than anyone else.

I have similar gear on my sum, and I never really get into a mood where I'm like, DAMN, why are these ppl not pulling their weight. As long as stuff dies, I will do the carrying if need be.

I also made over 50 random runs, and never have I had a team where I wiped over 4-5 times with. People like you cry all the time, I was in groups with 350AP players, did stuff die slower? yes! Did I had aggro the entire fight? yes! Did I get the good loot for cheap because these players don't have gold? yes! (I made several succesful Naryu runs with the complete team beeing below 370AP)

I like to run with low AP people, and never have I had a group where we couldn't kill Naryu, never have I had a group where we wiped 10times, the max was 4-5times. But I guess beeing a Summoner helps, I can tank the entire room in B2, I play with the idea of doing the bomb aswel and with that pretty much do the entire thing on my own and just have them as my 5 DPS pets, sadly I can't give them names and I don't get to keep some of them, also the AI on my 5 new pets each run isn't always as great, but the groups never turn out to be as bad as ppl say. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have a bidding war with the 440+AP kids when I can get the stuff for much cheaper with a little more effort.

I don't understand these people with their nightmare storys, I somehow didn't run into any players like that in over 50 random Naryu runs. If I want to share with others I will make a 440+ group, but I really don't... I rather take 5minutes longer and then fight the ppl with smaller wallets. I got like 4-5 Ornaments for 5gold as a reward for doing the run with 350AP players, just l2p without getting carried by outgearing the content, and your random experience might get better.

One thing I hate in games like these are mechanics where the party has to save you. I really dislike getting gripped, and then need them to CC me out of it. This is the only thing which pisses me off, and I'm more angry at the devs than the players, I don't expect much from the players to begin with, I don't get disappoineted, I get surprised if they turn out to be good.

The second thing I hate is, if the party has to assist me in CCing the enemy so I get punished for them failing, but this game is just SEXY in that regard. This game allows me as a summoner to provide 2 ccs on my own at all times, in lvl50 this will get even better. 2 stuns, 2 dazes, at 50 2 knockdowns.

I love it. Sum is love, Sum is life.

This is obviously a bad idea. I'd find a simple kick option better that lets you kick people out for a minute after they joined.

We absolutely need a kick option, though. If you run premade and someone DCs/crashes, you recruit and end up with some 350 AP guy in Naryu, it just sucks. I had someone in the group who even said he wanted to get carried. I don't know if this is a thing in Asia, but in NA/EU it clearly is.

Sure, it'd be better if there wouldn't be any need for a kick option, but there's a need and people aren't going to stop leeching.

OK back in my WOW days I learned something about damage meters and gear score.  First of all damage meters while informative and definitively useful tend to bring out the eletisim in people.  Not only that half the time they don't accurately reflect the fight they claim to reflect.  For example a warlocks soulburn the warlock may be the lowest or highest  on the meter but usually the added damage they add to the party dosen't get attributed to them.  the same can be said for a FM, Dest, and LBM that hold or grapple the enemy for a short timer and lower its defenses  while raising everyone's damage and usually not theirs.  Bottom line its a computer program that measures without human insight.

Another problem with damage meters it tends to cause hyper competitive players to get more toxic than usual and blame the lowest on the list without trying to even see what the blamed person is actually doing in the fight.  Yes there are a lot of people thet think they are the bomb they have full pirate max jewelry and all other stuff optimized yet they couldnt know less about their own class.  Were already seeing eleitism show up in cross server with people asking for 450 AP for a 4 man pohran run,  we don't need this damage meter now it will only make the community worse.  However I would have no problem with an interactive target dummy that gave you individual results that others cannot see.

9 hours ago, VRock said:

haha noob, destroyer getting aggro? how? dest don't have threat skills, for dest getting agro you need let him do lot damage while you afk and then you also need low your dps. Go play alone.

Also you want a KFM or BM to aggro not a dest lolz

9 hours ago, Reaper00 said:

Actually they do have one. Doubt anyone specs it though.

He does have one.

+50% Threat for 6s

+100% Def for 6s, and if used right you can taunt the enemy, but 36s cooldown...

I've always stood on the side stating that DPS meters are for idiots that can't do simple math, and figure out how the mechanics work on their own.
People that use DPS Meters act like they're some uber l337 player because they can manage to hit the top, when in reality you, as an individual, and an addition to the game you play, suck.  There's not a single reason to need a DPS meter in a game where the only time DPS REALLY matters is when you're fighting Blackwyrm since he just takes so dang long.

Adding to that, DPS meters only further enforce the "static rotation" that everyone seems to think is "best" until the next discovery is made.  All these new age kids don't know how to shut up, sit down, and enjoy the game anymore.  It's annoying.
I say grow up.  Being judgmental of ones ability simply because of their gear, or their damage output is simplistic, and mentally daft.  Those players might very well have more skill than you, just less time to spend online doing nothing, and not contributing to society in any form or fashion.

38 minutes ago, NoeyJD said:

He does have one.

+50% Threat for 6s

+100% Def for 6s, and if used right you can taunt the enemy, but 36s cooldown...

+3sec force aggro if one more skillpoint spended.

But its useless, cause u get it only if the target is CCed and then I will grab/carry the target for 6 sec instead of just pulling aggro for 3sec.

I really dont get it ... the OP and so much more ppl are the reason why the classic rp classes are dieing, WTF Who needs a tank, they dont do dmg ... WTF we need a tank this boss hurts so much but damn, we *cricket*ed up all tanks, cause we dont wanna play a stupid tank, but we flamed them cause low dmg .... u recognize HOW FULLY STUPID that sounds ???

Thats why games like BnS exist, U WANT THAT WAY now u get it, its plain and simple ... u got aggro ? fine keep it and handle it. I always said this in almost 20 years of playing a tank in other mmos ...

So basically if I do Blackram Narrows and kill the bosses before others can even touch them, they should be kicked for not doing damage? Or if someone gets blocked because firewall, they should be kicked because no dps was done by that person?

On 3/17/2016 at 4:49 PM, Exposing Hackers said:

With the DPS Meter coming out, i think it'll be the perfect time for us to get a kick option that would activate on certain players if they don't do enough damage.

Using 100% of a boss's hp divided by 6 in 6 man party would require each player to do 17% damage at least. 100% divided by 6 would be around 17%. Any player that does lower than 15% of the boss's hp would start being kickable. In 4 man each player should do at least 25% of the boss's hp as 100% divided by 4 is 25%. Players doing 20% or less would start being kickable.

I am tired of dps classes not doing enough damage even with good gears. My FM has everything maxed out now except for the 500g AP gem. But when i still had only awaken pirate and true siren accessories about 2 weeks ago, i was doing naryu with a destroyer that had true pirate and true siren accessories which means overall his gears were better than mine and i somehow still out aggro him in all bosses. And he had like 20 ap higher then me and he still didn't do his job at holding the aggro. Now i may be range but that doesn't matter as he has better gears than me at the time. Today my gears surpassed him. And i totally understand if both fm and destroyer had the same 460 ap than fm will get aggro in the same ap and gears of course. But what im saying is these people who has better ap but still fail to hold aggro needs to be punished like being kickable or getting less in the loot reward like this destroyer im talking about.

Wish some1 would hack you so we have 1 less  piece of shit person in this game.

I have true pirate gear and 460 AP,i don't mind at all when some1 with 400 AP or less comes to party as long as they know what to do or at least know english and are willing to learn/listen to experienced players.

True dungeons are a bit slower when people are less geared but it's not like you went to POH/BSH with siren/pirate gear when you first entered them. For Naryu Lab true siren should be at least tho cause ppl tend to have bad soulshields,many times i even saw true pirate weapon but people having barely 1k crit dmg with less then 2k crit rate,so at least high AP should be present if anything,but then again i had BM with profaine weapon tanking last Naryu Boss so it's all about how good of a player are you.

Even if i "carry"  a bit i don't mind it,this game just makes people toxic towards each other, ( loot system,more and more shit*cricket*s like you ) and in general,so if i can help some1 to do a certain dungeon i don't mind it,people should help each other cause at the end of the day this is only a game,if you fail at dungeon instead of blaming the others,ask yourself what could have you do better.

I agree tho that DPS meter is usually usefull, first and foremost it helps each person to get better,to try different build to maximize your own DPS,but this game has no use of DPS,bad game optimization,sudden FPS drops and lagg/delay between skills that more and more people experience everyday will affect everyone's DPS thus no matter how good your skill rotation or build is a game already find a way to *cricket* it up,and people don't need fuktards elitists like you to make they're game experience even more bad then it already is.

Already seeing people in f8 asking for 420+ AP for BSH,and i was just like lol....that's sad,cause whenever i see a person asking 400+ AP for BSH 4-6 man im certain that person doesn't know how to play his class or this game and just relys on his gear,when BSH patch came here i was on awaken siren which isn't even that close to 400AP and im a KFM,every run 4/6 man were smooth as max as they can be.

This game is about players skill and not gear,and if you didn't learn that by now then you don't know how to play your class,that doesn't mean people shouldn't gear up,but it also doesn't mean they need max gear for content.

I understand when people want max geared in grp cause they want very fast runs if they don't have much free time,but when they act like you do now,then i have problem with that.

P.S you're a fcking FM,you don't have any "right" to complain about other ppl DPS,i have alt FM and it's so easy and boring to play,i got infernal weapon and im doing lv45 content easy.

Fantastic that a Force Master, one of the highest dps classes in the game, can out dps a burst class Destroyer that has a long cooldown on their burn skill. You must feel so proud. Dps meter only needs to be used on single things like how much damage I did to blackwyrm or terrors or such to see what I need to improve on or what skills to use, nothing else.

On 3/17/2016 at 11:49 AM, Exposing Hackers said:

I am tired of dps classes not doing enough damage even with good gears. My FM has everything maxed out now except for the 500g AP gem. But when i still had only awaken pirate and true siren accessories about 2 weeks ago, i was doing naryu with a destroyer that had true pirate and true siren accessories which means overall his gears were better than mine and i somehow still out aggro him in all bosses. And he had like 20 ap higher then me and he still didn't do his job at holding the aggro. Now i may be range but that doesn't matter as he has better gears than me at the time. Today my gears surpassed him. And i totally understand if both fm and destroyer had the same 460 ap than fm will get aggro in the same ap and gears of course. But what im saying is these people who has better ap but still fail to hold aggro needs to be punished like being kickable or getting less in the loot reward like this destroyer im talking about.

Seems like all your major topics are about elitism... So once again, make a static group or run solely with clanmates and let others play the game. You can continue to be the prick who leaves RNG parties over and over if you wish, but know that that is a choice that you are personally making. 

To reiterate... If you are tired of classes not doing their job, run with friends.

On 3/17/2016 at 0:53 PM, feyan said:

well..... the op is enjoying his peanut-butter with mayo on the popcorn.... =_="

anyways, important talk... we Sword Immortals need a few good aggro skill.. and aggro multiplier will also help.... later..

Notice that OP didn't post anything after starting the thread. He did however like this post. Nice job.

11 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

Can't we just have equalized gear in dungeons too?

Kinda defeats the purpose of gearing up. Dungeons are pretty much the high end of pve. There's still OWPvP, but that's really not the game's selling point.

Archived