Achi Vendor

naBstaer

So, how do you feel about the achievement vendor?

Personally I really hate it. It makes you do POINTLESS BORING stuff for the new currency: achi points. The store is awesome, I agree, but cmon.. I'll have to equip stupid soul shields for it. I'll have to beat low levels dungeons/bosses (like really low lvl) for this. How is this good or entertaining for the players? Not only this but how about the alts? Yes, you have to do all this useless stuff on your alts as well.

Who tf enjoys salvaging 500 ss? or fusing 500ss? It wouldn't be a prob if you NEED it but you don't. Now you HAVE to do it just for some currency.

How about Equip gem 1, 50, 100, 500 times? Well yes, that means that you have to equip and unequip your gems, fun huh?

Kill a boss 100,1000 times? Sounds fun

Purchase 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 soulstones? We have it

Am I the only one this annoyed by the new currency? Do I miss something?

Is achievement actual currency or is having certain ammount of achievment point requirement to be able to shop for different currency. I guess i saw both being mentioned somwhere.   I am confused what is true...

You will need x amount of achievement points to purchase an item that costs gold.

similar to the faction merchant in misty woods where you need to have rank Elite to buy the necklace or 1000 kills to buy the mask for 1 gold.

Achievement points wont be consumed.

30 minutes ago, naBstaer said:

I'm not sure, but it irrelevant for the discussion. Probably having certain amount of achievement points and not actually *spending* them.

I dont think it's irrelevant. Spending them would suck and basically give you a finite amount of achievable currency which is stupid. Unlocking items based on the achievement points doesnt seem to bad IF they dont ask for ridiculous amounts of achi points.

But if we dont spend them like Grimoir said (which would be a stupid system) i dont think that i hate the idea. Comes down to how stupid it is to gain achi points and how many we need for what we want to buy.

Well.. a normal player at max level would have around 200-400 achi points, playing NORMAL. What normal means: doing all quests once, maybe a few times non-endgame dailies and i dont know... 25-50 times each daily at max level. And from what I've read you need around 1300. A normal player would not collect 20 sets of useless soulshields nor it would kill boss X 50 times

You also don't need all achievements to buy relevant stuff from the shop. My main has already over 1000 points just from playing since release and iirc 1250 points was the sweet spot for that shop. When I played in TW my very first character already hit that number before I got to lvl 50.

You usually get 10 points for doing a blue or purple dungeon once and another 10 after 10 runs which is not much. Just ignore the 100 and 1000 runs if you don't want to farm the dungeon.

I salvage every Soulshield I get dropped, just to make room in my inventory. Same for weapons but there is no achievement for that - the powder is just more useful.

Buying 5000 Soulstones won't be that much in lvl 50. If you are a crafter you will get there in a few weeks and if not you will still most likely hit 1000 Soulstones while upgrading your weapon.

I have not collected the soulshield sets except for the ones you can buy for valor tokens in each town. Collecting them gives a lot of points, though.

Repairing your weapon, dieing, killing ppl (arena) or doing dailies will automatically raise your achievement points on any character.

For lots of achievements you have to do only one specific thing to unlock which can be done easily but are missed if you don't know it - like taking a acreenshot or using each gesture once.

There are lots of ways to get the points needed.

You will also be able to get most items from that shop just by farming (actually most of them are costumes). The shop is just a shortcut similar to the Siren/Pirate gear traders. Some items are pretty rare though...

Bro tip:

Buy the cheapest triangle jewel (or even better if you have a training one left)

Free the top left corner of your invetory

Free the down most slot in your weapon

Right click to insert gem - right click + y to get it out

repeat 500 times (takes like 15 mins)

easy achi points

Archived