Sign in to follow this  
Spyroxion

Ranged or get out?

Recommended Posts

Ok I am so, so furious at this game right now. What ever I try to do I either can't (8.3 *cough*) or it's extremely hard and requires good gear and skills. Meanwhile ranged classes has everything easy. It's like this whole game is centered around ranged classes and shitting on melee. Is it going to change or not? Or if you melee fan you have to suffer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   
5 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

Ok I am so, so furious at this game right now. What ever I try to do I either can't (8.3 *cough*) or it's extremely hard and requires good gear and skills. Meanwhile ranged classes has everything easy. It's like this whole game is centered around ranged classes and shitting on melee. Is it going to change or not? Or if you melee fan you have to suffer?

As per Jaesung, the top-tier PVP classes in KR right now are Blademaster, Destroyer, and Assassin. So you've got that going for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was suposed to be endgame content. You can't faceroll it with decent gear. You either have top tier items, or you have top tier skill. Looks like you have neither, meaning this contets isn't for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enhance said:

As per Jaesung, the top-tier PVP classes in KR right now are Blademaster, Destroyer, and Assassin. So you've got that going for ya.

I'm talking PvE wise mostly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   
7 minutes ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

It was suposed to be endgame content. You can't faceroll it with decent gear. You either have top tier items, or you have top tier skill. Looks like you have neither, meaning this contets isn't for you.

TBH "ranged" classes (and that actually means only FM) can faceroll it with decent gear (source: I'm a FM and I faceroll it with decent gear), I know Summoners are having a bad time and so are Warlocks - at least from what I hear.

But OP probably also meant that it's harder for melee classes to be noticed by Blackwyrm-senpai or Terrors and that they overall have a harder time in PvE.

Which they do, but that's kinda how it is. By definition when you're a melee class you have to be in melee range with your targets, meaning you're more susceptible to damage and cover less area with your attack range, which makes them more challenging to play (but that doesn't mean weaker).

 

 

 

Edited by Enhance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

TBH "ranged" classes (and that actually means only FM) can faceroll it with decent gear (source: I'm a FM and I faceroll it with decent gear), I know Summoners are having a bad time and so are Warlocks - at least from what I hear.

But OP probably also meant that it's harder for melee classes to be noticed by Blackwyrm-senpai or Terrors and that they overall have a harder time in PvE.

Which they do, but that's kinda how it is. By definition when you're a melee class you have to be in melee range with your targets, meaning you're more susceptible to damage and cover less area with your attack range, which makes them more challenging to play (but that doesn't mean weaker).

 @VirtuoZzzo Well that's what I meant, I took 8.3 as example but was talking in general when meant ranged has everything more easy..... Terrors, blackwyrm, 24 mans, mushins... Like main continent is all about ranged having more easy time. Like in mmo's I've played ranged usually had highest DPs, but low survival, but here look at FMs shields, HP recovery + shield, summoner - ranged tank healer dps... Dafuq this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

 @VirtuoZzzo Well that's what I meant, I took 8.3 as example but was talking in general when meant ranged has everything more easy..... Terrors, blackwyrm, 24 mans, mushins... Like main continent is all about ranged having more easy time. Like in mmo's I've played ranged usually had highest DPs, but low survival, but here look at FMs shields, HP recovery + shield, summoner - ranged tank healer dps... Dafuq this game

Name me any MMORPG with non target battle system where ranged class is actually harder than melee. Vindictus, Tera, even BDO. They're all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

 -ranged usually had highest DPs, but low survival, but here look at FMs shields, HP recovery + shield, summoner - ranged tank healer dps... Dafuq this game

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   

Well 8.3 is only really easy for FM. So the post would have to be called "FM or get out"^^

 

Ranged classes do have a more easy time. How do i know? Five classes at 45 and one close^^

Dungeons: Ranged classes have it more easy since many attacks are melee range and they dont have to care.

Blackwyrm / Terror: Same for them. They dont suffer as much from lag or fps problems and only need to care about like 1 attack.

 

Yes, ranged classes are more easy. That's without a doubt. But imo they are also no fun. And there is also nothing that you can do with a ranged class that you cant do with a melee class. You just need to actually be good, and you suffer a bit more from ping or fps (hi blackwyrm). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Well 8.3 is only really easy for FM. So the post would have to be called "FM or get out"^^

 

My best time with 463ap 60%cr totally overgeared scummoner is 2:48 (with 1:42 left till enrage). I wont say it's hard :)

Edited by VirtuoZzzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   
12 minutes ago, VirtuoZzzo said:

My best time with 463ap 60%cr totally overgeared scummoner is 2:48 (with 1:42 left till enrage). I wont say it's hard :)

On FM that's my normal time while picking my nose and watching youtube, so yeah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meiling   

No no, warlocks have an easy time and so do summoners. The only time summoners have a hard time which should be never is when they actually have to do something like at the second boss in naryu. Other than that, every range basically has the easy life in PvE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meiling   
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Talking about Mushin here.

Don't have a problem as a warlock and summoners have a pet, range will have an easy time for everything related to PvE atm. FM is obviously the easiest though.

What I said about summoners also was to point out that range in general should have a much much easier time considering they need to worry about half the shit melees have  to worry about.

Edited by Meiling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   
2 minutes ago, Meiling said:

No no, warlocks have an easy time and so do summoners. The only time summoners have a hard time which should be never is when they actually have to do something like at the second boss in naryu. Other than that, every range basically has the easy life in PvE

Talking about Mushin here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Purestic   

Well. Ranged classes mostly do have a easier time than melee, but melee is much more fun imho. iFraming is so much fun, especially as assassin with the restealthing.
 

The only thing I dislike about being melee is that many players don't want melees in their groups. Especially Sins. I don't know why. Sure, if you already have one, but not wanting one at all? I mean, it's one of the top DPS. I'm often dealing the most damage of the group despite having to dodge everything, it even increases the DPS since my stealth refreshes if I Q an attack, but I feel like 30% of the groups explicity say they don't want Sins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gratus   

Well, I mean, I guess ranged is easier.. in the beginning. Once you learn patterns it's all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marcnaw   

You are just whining. You knew what you are going in when you selected your class.

This while post is like: "omg i bought porshe! why i cannot take my wife, my dog and 3 kids for 2 weeks cross country trip? Porshe sucks"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alison   

For PvE as it is in Korea right now the Summoner is the best and Warlock is just for the buffs. Yeah, unfortunately.

Summoner has the most use to a group. its ranged and has support and the cat, yeah cats. Most utilities. FM will never be top tier in PvE :(

Dammit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alison said:

FM will never be top tier in PvE :(

Well, fm can do 14f of mushin in 0 seconds, while sin does it in 2.

 

 

 

Edited by VirtuoZzzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eryk   

for me all is fine in this game just one thing is sad, very sad always good mmos need to have something fail like only ping wise game, checked today 15-30ms ping at kfm with just awekened siren weap and awekened siren accesories and easy doing mushin 3rd form , than i checked with 150-200 ping cause u know every day ppls have random ping problems cause of ncsoft crappy server...and with that ping died many Times at 2nd form, very hardly killed 2nd form even 3rd form much easier for me with 15-30ping but with even 100+ping u cant do good just waste time playing that..., now im no Wonder why many skilled ppls leaving to a game where servers stability is always good and if something happen they always tell, and here i just wish i not wasted my time geared fully sin to true pirate and all upgraded to max and kfm too ongoing, and sadly must ppls tell like crap at chat without knowing how hard ppl need to play with crap ping and tell shi.ts like learn to cc and learn to dodge and other xxxx just selfish ppls without knowledge

 

this game is first mmo from all what played p2p final/obt and f2p obt/final and about that game i can say its first ping wise game, in other mmos u can check 50-100ping no difference or difference what we dont see almost xD and here u will see great difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, marcnaw said:

You are just whining. You knew what you are going in when you selected your class.

This while post is like: "omg i bought porshe! why i cannot take my wife, my dog and 3 kids for 2 weeks cross country trip? Porshe sucks"

I haven't played at other servers so how could I knew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hongmoon   

They should add damage reduction on melee for world bosses. Just so more people are willing to tank instead of relying on less than a handful of capable tanks to be online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enhance   
2 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

They should add damage reduction on melee for world bosses. Just so more people are willing to tank instead of relying on less than a handful of capable tanks to be online.

That's actually quite common - melee classes having boss-damage-reduction skills/perks. So it doesn't sound bad to me.

Edited by Enhance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dmoe33   

Well you know for FM theres a reason why they ranged and do a lot of dmg, its cause they cant take dmg im an fm and every hit i get chunked and fms only have 2 def skills with long cd(guess u can count the 2 iframes but ehhh) so while they can do a lot of dmg they cant take it. I see what u mean though its like this other mmo ive played where melee classes were actually heavily favoured then ranged as they did more dmg but still the reason i chose fm not because it does a lot of dmg its because i like the class. If u want a class and dont care what it is and just want dmg go sin fm or maybe kfm or des/summ, if u enjoy a class then dont let its damage deter u from choosing it if say kfm was my fav class i woulda went kfm and wouldn't complain. TLDR if u like a class pick it and dont complain about others being better if u want that then re roll the class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this