64bit client with Silverfrost?

Taemek

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

If you dont mind me asking: Why?

A 64 bit client enables the program to use 17179869184 (actual number) gigabytes of ram instead of 4. Since this game does not even use 4 gigabytes of ram, there would be no difference.

Unless the 32-bit application is made large address aware, max it can take is 2GB, and BnS is pushing it.

On the other hand, multithreading/DX11 are said to be on the way so hopes are to get at least a whiff of it in Silverfrost.

1 hour ago, Yamyatos said:

A 64 bit client enables the program to use 17179869184 (actual number) gigabytes of ram instead of 4. Since this game does not even use 4 gigabytes of ram, there would be no difference.

When there is a lot going on like BW, Terrors, 24 man with 15 Summoners etc. it peaks at 2gig and chokes your system, unless you want to play on pac man graphics.

Only way around that is, 64bit client.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Unless the 32-bit application is made large address aware, max it can take is 2GB, and BnS is pushing it.

On the other hand, multithreading/DX11 are said to be on the way so hopes are to get at least a whiff of it in Silverfrost.

If they ever release a DX11 64bit client, I would buy a 365 day subscription.

First, the current client is large address aware, so it doesn't have the 3GB limit

Second, there is no 64 bits BnS client...not in KR, not in CN, not in TW, not in JP, please can you at least pretend to have read about this game's history? the game started development in 2009 and was launched in KR in 2012, it is DX9 and 32 bits with large address awareness, there never was a 64 bits client and I doubt they will make one 

24 minutes ago, Reyfer said:

First, the current client is large address aware, so it doesn't have the 3GB limit

Second, there is no 64 bits BnS client...not in KR, not in CN, not in TW, not in JP, please can you at least pretend to have read about this game's history? the game started development in 2009 and was launched in KR in 2012, it is DX9 and 32 bits with large address awareness, there never was a 64 bits client and I doubt they will make one 

They are working on one right now, its been said many times.

Secondly, no one cares about large address awareness, it simply does not work as efficiently as a true 64bit client with multithreading ability, simple as that. It is bs hype to try and get companies to stick with 32bit products, milking a dead cow.

Just now, Reyfer said:

Ok, show me where they are working on the 64bits client, please

Feel free to show us that it uses large address awareness.

Also, feel free to search about how KR is working on a 64bit client.

Ok, I will show you....go to your BNS folder, open the bin folder, you will see 2 .bat files in there, one to enable 3GB limit if 32 bits OS is detected, the other to disable that limit if 64 bits OS is detected....happy?

Also, I did search and called my Korean friends, and I can't find any news or articles about a 64 bits client in the last 2 years

3 hours ago, Taemek said:

So I wonder if we will get 64bit client or just more cash shop itemisation.

99.99% you getting cash shop items until they milk out the rest of the BnS fanboy to the bones, 0.01% you might get the 64bit/DX11.

2 hours ago, Taemek said:

They are working on one right now, its been said many times.

Secondly, no one cares about large address awareness, it simply does not work as efficiently as a true 64bit client with multithreading ability, simple as that. It is bs hype to try and get companies to stick with 32bit products, milking a dead cow.

Does "many times" mean zero times ever in your world?

8 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Does "many times" mean zero times ever in your world?

I've heard the rumors a bunch of times, but I can't find any concrete evidence through normal means. But I have most of their Q&A twitch sessions saved, and I was planning to get through them eventually, so I'll update if I find anything related.

3 hours ago, Reyfer said:

World of Warcraft was released at the end of 2004 and is now DX11 capable (has been since just before the Cataclysm Xpack). Just because a game was made on DX9 doesn't mean it can't be updated.

And, frankly, the Unreal 3 engine is old and I really wish developers would just stop using it. I get that the original game was made some 7 years ago, but this version wasn't. BnS is a good game and the developers are obviously talented, veteran users of Unreal 3 and have probably heavily modified it, but on the other hand the game was already dated on release in NA and EU.

Please don't get me wrong; I think BnS is a very good game, so much so that I've already bought a year's subscription. I just think it could perform a lot better in a variety of ways.

6 minutes ago, Penterax said:

World of Warcraft was released at the end of 2004 and is now DX11 capable (has been since just before the Cataclysm Xpack). Just because a game was made on DX9 doesn't mean it can't be updated.

And, frankly, the Unreal 3 engine is old and I really wish developers would just stop using it. I get that the original game was made some 7 years ago, but this version wasn't. BnS is a good game and the developers are obviously talented, veteran users of Unreal 3 and have probably heavily modified it, but on the other hand the game was already dated on release in NA and EU.

Please don't get me wrong; I think BnS is a very good game, so much so that I've already bought a year's subscription. I just think it could perform a lot better in a variety of ways.

World of Warcraft also brought in about 40 million a month. If you brought in 40 million a month just about anything would be possible.

10 hours ago, UnitedStrafes said:

World of Warcraft also brought in about 40 million a month. If you brought in 40 million a month just about anything would be possible.

Stop with the bs excuses dude.

This game with cash shop is likely to bring in enough to warrant the change and anyway, if KR do it based on what their profits are, its only a matter of time before it rolls out to the rest.

Why are most of you daft enough to defend advancement that only enables people to get a higher amount of enjoyment out of gaming? It is the entire reason the industry is so far behind because companies know that derps will pay for anything. Milking dead cows, only in America.

10 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Stop with the bs excuses dude.

This game with cash shop is likely to bring in enough to warrant the change and anyway, if KR do it based on what their profits are, its only a matter of time before it rolls out to the rest.

Why are most of you daft enough to defend advancement that only enables people to get a higher amount of enjoyment out of gaming? It is the entire reason the industry is so far behind because companies know that derps will pay for anything. Milking dead cows, only in America.

But the thing is they're not gonna do it, they've never even talked about doing it.

On 17/03/2016 at 9:23 AM, Yamyatos said:

Guild Wars 2 released a 64bit client.. Now it's possible 100vs100 with 30~40fps in open world pvp. 

Before with 32bit, 30vs30 your fps were at 15 already.

13 hours ago, Penterax said:

Same for me here ! If this game could perfectly run (no FPS flows/no freezy stuff/no lags in arena) well i'd be glad to pay a monthly subscription to play !! 

38 minutes ago, Luucy said:

Same for me here ! If this game could perfectly run (no FPS flows/no freezy stuff/no lags in arena) well i'd be glad to pay a monthly subscription to play !! 

If they released a DX11 and 64bit client I would be more then happy to buy a 12 month sub also.

Archived